Fighting age and staying healthy amidst a busy life!

HI everyone.  I'm a professional musician, fitness nerd, and family guy.  Busy dood is BUSY!

I've been active with may of the challenges but I want to have somewhere that is a little more regular.

Current goals:  Rehab right shoulder.  A right arm injury has migrated to becoming a shoulder imbalance and rotator cuff problem.  Now that I can finally lift dumbbells up for DB press again, I'm going to try as many DB exercises as possible to work on stability.  

The focus will be on shoulders:  Stretching, training, and rotator cuff movements.  

For rotator cuffs, I'll be working on rear delts, and a couple of movements that target the rotator cuffs specifically.
I suspect that as those muscles strengthen, my back strength will naturally progress.

Cardio:  No more running.  
Cross Country Skiing in the winter and Cycling in the summer.  My bicycle will go into the shop for an overhaul this week!!

Getting sleep:  I need to sleep more.  Sleeping for almost an entire 1 week vacation proves this.

Eating healthy:  I have to budget calories for nutrition.  That is what works for me.  Want to get lean for the summer but the right shoulder is a priority right now.

I'll update my goals as things progress.

Late last night I did a shoulder workout.  Weight wasn't impressive but I'm impressed how much more stable my right shoulder feels after one week of stretching, rotator cuff, and stability work.  The right shoulder aches all the time but the discomfort while lifting was almost entirely nonexistent.  

I did DB press 40lbs x 12 reps.  Obviously can push more but that's not the point right no ;)

Bentover L laterals.  10lbs x 10.

Bench L Laterals.  10lbs x 10 followed by 10lbs x 10.  

Standing rotator cuff shoulder rotations   5 lbs x 20

Lying rotator cuff shoulder rotations.        3 lbs x 20

Ate way too much pizza.  Time to start logging food again.  Bike goes to the shop on Wed for a recondition!

Applying for a music teaching position today.  Wish me luck ;)

Did a workout today.  The more rotator cuff exercises and stretching I do, the better the shoulder feels.  I can play Cello for longer again and I can lift more weight in the gym.  The upper body workouts are generally short and more frequent.  I am expecting the weight to naturally increase as the shoulder continues to become stronger.  Just have to do my best not to become greedy!!