A little bit of everything.

You curse much more politely than I do :P Sorry you got effed over by the dreaded "confusion" (fyi "some confusion" is the worst reason ever and I hate it when that's what you get told). Hopefully things get sorted soon. 

Well I figure this is getting posted online and multiple people will read it, forum etiquette, etc, etc.... so yes... I was much more polite typing this down compared to what was actually spoken in person.   so the "real version" had many many more expletives attached to it.   I did tone it down a LOT for posting. 

... I may attach a sound clip later.. HAHA!   (Caution: don't let your children hear)   HAHAHA!

so I got to sleep in and I was wanting to call the guy and let him know how disappointed I was and everything but I may not do that now.. just politely "forget" to put in a 2 week notice when I find something else.    I know it sounds petty but I dont think talking to him will really matter. 

They want us to be responsible and show up for work and let them know whats going on, yet they keep putting things on us last minute and keep us uninformed.  I am sorry, but this is a 2 way street buddy. 

• Like 1

My character:  My Character

9 minutes ago, Sevasan said:

... I may attach a sound clip later.. HAHA!   (Caution: don't let your children hear)   HAHAHA!

No worries, I don't have children ;P

Sorry that this has been such a poor work experience for you overall.

The work experience has been poor, but it will finally be over.   I am getting on a plane today and heading home!

I would like to say my time here has been fun, but it really has not. I am so loking forward to being in my own bed again.  I do not see how some of these guys can do this for 8-10 months out of the year.    don't get me wrong, i have made more than enough to pay my bills and then some... but at what cost. 

I am very grateful to have a job, especially at this point in time where things are still bad around home. but I miss my family and money is not everything, but we cant live without it. 

I hope I do not have to start my new location for a few days.. I need some time off to tend to some things around the house.  but I will be needing to start again soon and hopefully this time around it will not be as bad. 

• Like 2

Glad to hear you're heading back with some money in your pocket. Enjoy the time with your family. You've certainly earned it.

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

It has been a few days since I have written anything down on here.

I have not started working again like I thought I would have been. Apparently, the job has once again been pushed back so “They” are not ready for some more people to start working.  According to my boss, the appear to have “Flatlined” in Louisiana.

This is not good news for me. I do not know what to do at this point. I am still filling out applications and trying to find something better, but I can not seem to find anything. My only hope at this point is to hold on and wait till I can start at this new job and they can have more people.

I am also looking for something to do while I am waiting. Some sort of side job my only deal is that I do not know what to do. Maybe Uber driver or something, but I know that is not a big demand in the city where I am.

Since I have been back I have been doing a 3 day trial at one of the best gyms here in the city. It is VERY nice and not too expensive, but it is so far away from the house. Plus I think I feel better working out solo. Not surrounded by a ton of people. I can put my headphones in, zone out, and do what I need to do and be done. My wife keeps asking me what to get for Christmas and I finally got her on board to get a set of Rings for me. I have been doing the Handstand stuff and I can hold one for about 3-6 seconds without touching the walls. I just now need to work up my arm and shoulder endurance. I WILL keep at it. And maybe soon I can post a video. I would love to do a one arm handstand at one point!!!!  New goal to achieve!!!

Anyway, I have to get this job situation under control first.

OH!!!! I finally got my new hard drive in for my laptop, so hopefully that fixed the crashing problem and all will be well.   I am excited for that!!!!!

• Like 1

So after speaking to work, we still have no start date.

It feels like I am unemployed again.    So in order to get out of this funk, I decided to go to the sports complex for some fresh air.

Even though the weather is nice and cool. I was the only person out there.  I walked a lap to “warm up” then got started practicing my pull ups, chin-ups, handstands, dips, crunches, and lunges.

I was able to hold handstands for 3-6 seconds until I fell over again. Haha!  Wrist flexibility is good but I need to work on my shoulder strength. I placed my feet up on the pull up support pole and held a handstand as long as I could for 3 sets. (I was a little burnt out at the end of my stuff)

I listen to Podcasts while I am enjoying my solo time and one thing was said at the end that “by 2020, it is predicted that 50% of the workforce will be freelance, and that major companies are gearing up to take advantage of this.” … which got me thinking, how can I take advantage of this as well….

I know my current bout with trying to find work is proof of this. (about half of my coworkers are contract workers) so what can I do to try to get ahead of this predicted trend?  I have always wanted to work my own side business and I am certain many other people want to as well…

How can I help these people get what they want, so I can get what I want….   I have some pondering to do.   And this will happen tomorrow when I return to the track and do my handstands a bit more.

p.s.   Wife is getting me Rings for Christmas since there is not much else I would want as gifts. (which is fine with me, but cant wait to start!)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that your work has been put on hold again. I've heard similar things about the workforce. One book I can try to recommend is called Start by Jon Acuff. While I have heard it recommended to many people, I have not personally read it, so take my recommendation with a grain of salt. Maybe there might be something there that you could use. You might even be able to check it out from your local library, and then you wouldn't be out out any money if it's no good.

On another note, that is awesome to read about your handstand work. I've been working on my own handstands for the past couple weeks and still working on wall handstands and various yoga poses to get my wrist and shoulder strength up. I'd love to be able to work up to a handstand at some point.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

Today I made it more of a "leg day" at the track.  Squats, lunges, single leg squats (there is a bench I prop my leg up on behind me and do single legs).  Also I did lunges down a small portion of the track maybe less than 60 feet but my legs were burrrrrning at the end!!! Not to mention the funny looks from the other people walking and jogging today. Haha. They probably think I am either nuts, or really impressed that someone does something different than just walking. 

Also did my typical chin-ups, pull-ups, calf raises, and started doing crunches and hanging leg lifts again.  Took me about an hour or so to complete.  But once I start working again I won't be able to keep this up with all the driving.  We will have to see how it works out I guess. 

Also tried to eat better today, had some eggs and spinach for breakfast.  Ate a small burger for lunch (took off the bread). And I will try to eat something good for dinner. 

Still no word from work yet. :(    

• Like 1

Have not worked in 2 weeks now, and looking like this week I wont either….

I am starting to get worried that I wont work at all for the rest of the month, or even the next.

I have a few ideas on what to do as a small side business but I am still trying to figure out how to get them started and which one would I be able to do successfully (which any might fail I know)

But I have been going to the track and doing my usual stuff. And still trying to eat better.

Not much to report…   other than the weather has gotten cold and made it harder for me to get outside. Haha!  But I am making myself do it anyway.

• Like 1

Good news and more good news!!!

So I am getting scheduled to go to training for the site orientation, which means I will be starting soon.   It's about time I can get back to work!   I need some income.

And even more good news is that I jogged a whole mile non-stop! =D

I am getting a little better each time.  Although I will say that the food portion will be my hardest part. Especially with the holiday coming up. 

Stay strong and be positive!!! You can make it through this!!! Haha!

• Like 2

No surprise but, I stuffed myself stupid for the holiday!!!

But!  I have been watching what I eat every day before and after. So I figure I am keeping myself (mostly) on track. 

This has been a very busy weekend as far as personal errands go. And I went to the track yesterday and am about to go today.  The weather is in the mid 40's right now so it is pretty cold outside. Got to later it up!!!! Haha because I know

once I get moving, it will not seem as cold as it is. 

I am hoping to start work soon.  This weekend seems to be dragging on but I know it will pass soon enough.

let me go freeze my butt off! Haha!  

(At this point I am wishing I could find an indoor place because it will only

get colder from this point on!)

• Like 1

On 11/27/2016 at 9:10 AM, Sevasan said:

No surprise but, I stuffed myself stupid for the holiday!!!

But!  I have been watching what I eat every day before and after. So I figure I am keeping myself (mostly) on track. 

Moderation in everything, including moderation.

Here's hoping the new job pans out and ends up better than the last one.

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

Thanks Jor!

Still waiting to hear about the job situation.  Communication is not this companies strong point apparently.   And I have been eating better now that the holiday has passed.  

On a better note I was able to balance for a 20 second handstand without touching anything this morning!  A new personal record!  On top of my usual exercises. 

I have graduated and been doing one legged squats since I do not have access to a gym at the moment and bodyweight is too light for regular squats.   Basically I do a Bulgarian split squat with one leg up on the bench behind me.  12 each leg for 3 sets.  I certainly feel it now.

Up to 7 pull-ups and chin-ups and have been doing a lot of crunches and leg lifts to try to get my core strength up if I want to do some of those impressive body movements I see.

Motivation!!!!!  I WANT to be able to do this one day! 

• Like 2

Still nothing from work.

I hope I can get to work somewhere soon. This is really making me scared.  I STILL have not heard from my guy that is supposed to be setting us up with something.  I would even choose to go back to California right now, as bad as my experience was. 

I am still searching for something else, but other than retail and holiday help, there does not seem to be much this time of year.  On top of that we have 3 birthdays to celebrate and Christmas.  Lucky though all the Christmas presents (and there are not many) have already been bought so that’s a good thing.

In other news, I am about to go to the track again today and try to work on my usual routine. I am getting better at my handstands… I am starting to feel the balance point a little better each day. Found some new things to try online and going to work on my “false grip” so I can prepare to get my rings one day..  

OH yea…. So after speaking to my wife, we decided that the rings are not a good expense to have right now, Because when I do eventually start working I wont be able to go to the track nearly as much (hour and a half drive each way plus 10-12 hours work/6 days a week) and I wont be able to use them at home as we have no place to hang them.   I was thinking we could make some space in the garage but because we park both cars in there and use it for storage. There is no room in there really…  I will find something.  I said I can build something in the back yard and that might work, however…. all that would take money… money we do not have at the moment… so I will be revisiting this after I start working again and we get bills caught up.  Responsibilities and bills before fun stuff.   So right now I will do what I can.

This is going to be a tough month. Especially if I do not get sent on a job soon….   :(

Still trying to stay positive, but the more time passes, the more nervous I am getting about this job situation.

• Like 1

Still nothing from work…..

My friend was sent to another job site. Actually, the same site in Texas I was at a few months ago. I am trying to see if they can send me too. I hope they can but so far he has said the work is slow though. So I don’t know I will be able to go yet if they do not have work.

Still job hunting but not many people are hiring this time of year.  =(

I have not been to the track the past two days because it has been raining like crazy. It just stopped last night so I went this morning.   But Sunday I did do some work in the house. Just no pullups as I do not have a place indoors to do that. I tried to get my wife to join me and do something but she wanted to stay warm under the blanket. (cant say that I blame her because it was cold inside the house.)

Anyway I went today and did my usual in the cold weather. And big puddles of water.  Still getting better with my handstands though!

Just got a call and I may possibly be sent to a job in Texas on monday....    but I have not gotten a confirmation yet.

did my usual at the track today including some brutal one leg split squats!  i seem to have stopped at about 6-7 chinups lately... I need to work on that a little bit more. 

but my handstands are getting better.  I have noticed that when i do them, i do not lock my elbows out.  i cant really because i was blessed with elbows that do not quite go straight. so no matter what they are always slightly bent inward. so I try to lock them out and they always bend a little more, only time will strengthen them up. 

Man.. the more I think about it.... I really wish I was getting my rings for the holiday, but that will have to wait. haha!

In other news, i spoke with another company that just got a HUGE contract job close by and they said that my name was on the list of people to call because they will be hiring sometime in January for this job.   If they call I will certainly take it. (unless the pay would be incredibly low)  At least it will be consistent and would only be about 20 minutes away rather than an hour and 20 minutes away... and if that does not work. I have spoken to the helicopter job again and they will be looking to hire QC guys around april... i know it is a while away but if I can hold on... I would love to work with them!

but for now.. it is all just talk.   we will see what happens.

SO things with this company happen last minute.

I got called this morning (Thursday) saying I have to be in Texas for a training class that starts at 7 am Friday morning.   And I will be starting work there on Monday…. But I will stay the weekend and not get paid, as the class is only on Friday and they are not paying me anything for “standby” for the weekend.

I guess I can’t complain. At least they are sending me somewhere now and I can start making some money.

Didn’t get in a workout today since I have been packing, organizing a hotel, getting directions, and trying to hurry and finish a few things at the house I was going to do this weekend.   But I did find a hotel with a fitness center in it so I can at least get something done after work for the next week or two.

I will find out more of my schedule after training tomorrow…. At leas ti am close enough I can drive in for Christmas. They SHOULD let us off for that at least.. but I do not know for sure.

Anyway. I need to get some sleep so I can be up early tomorrow and get back into a working sleep schedule.

HOORAY FOR WORK!!!!!!  (but for how long?)

• Like 1

Well, that's some pretty good news at least, though it sucks about the non-pay for being on standby. Glad to hear that you're able to keep working on your fitness throughout your down time, and hopefully this new work will put you back in the right direction.

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

Thanks Jor.   =)                    

And I hope this does set me in the right direction. Haha   and speaking of, I think your words must have done something.

“Ask and you shall receive!”   said somebody.... somewhere....???

So I drive in last night, get up early to go to training classes from 7 am till about 2 pm. Go get site access and parking permit. Finish up around 3.  Not too bad for a day of class time.  Then I get a call around 3:30 saying that one of their night crew guys (there are only 2) didn’t tell anyone he had scheduled a vacation today and was not coming in to work tonight. So I get asked to do a HUGE favor and work the night shift to help cover for the guy because all the other people are on days and cant work 24 hours straight.  

The person asking me this is the one who had not returned any of my calls or texts over the past few weeks and is basically apologizing left and right about having to ask this of me (basically sucking up) and how he kept meaning to get back with me but he was sooooo busy that he count find time. But NOW when he needs me to do something he kinda expects me to do it.

So I think about it for a second and I make sure to say. “Sure man, I will do you this Favor.” …  (making sure I emphasized FAVOR…. And saving that for later…

now the reason I agreed to work this this is because…

1)      I need the work and I am here to do nothing else but work. (and work out) HA!

2)      I have already been “on the clock” for 8 hours. (yes I am charging them wait time for my badge and permit.. it is all work related) and everything after 8 hours is overtime.

3)       My overtime will start at 8 pm tonight when I go in and will stop when we leave for the shift around 6 am. (and make up for the "no standby time")

4)      Saturday I am SLEEPING and not doing anything. (pretty sure Sunday will be getting back to a normal schedule.)

So my first day out I will be making some good hours. Even thought I have been up since 5 am this morning. And will be up for over 24 hours straight.

I couldn’t take a nap because I needed to go get supplies and food for the time I will be here. I had nothing to pack for a lunch as I had planned to use this afternoon to take my time and go shopping, work out and play my video games this whole weekend.

Glad plans changed financially but man… this will SUCK!!!!  Hah but I can tough it out for a night!

WARRIOR MODE!!!!          Bring it on!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

That was a brutal night..... so hard to stay awake till 6  am.  Now got to get back to a regular schedule. 

And  s I am not impressed with the "fitness center here" haha.   It is basically a treadmill /cycle /"pec fly" machine and a leg extension.   But I will make due with what I got.  I jogged on the treadmill for about a mile and a half straight.  Started dropping sweat off me like crazy (no fan or a good AC unit in there) so decided to stop do some push-ups and crunches and called it a day..... I am still tired from lack of sleep.  I will do better tomorrow. 

As for now.  Going to try to get to bed. 

• Like 1

Well I got some sleep. Even though I forced myself to sleep less than I would like.  I couldn't sleep all day because I needed to get back to a normal routine.  So I made myself sleep 6 hours and then woke up around noon. And made myself go to bed around 9 pm even though for some reason I was still fully awake. It took a while for me to fall asleep again.  Same thing Sunday night. 

I go go to bed and later there with my eyes closed, mind racing, and my heart beating hard.  At least it seemed like it because I could hear it in my ear - pillow side. Took me forever it seems to focus and try to calm myself and actually went to sleep.  Then 4:30 am came way too quick. 

First "day" day of work I pull up and it is raining like crazy. The parking lot of vast and lucky I had my umbrella with me. But all that water made the weather humid and muggy.... oh and yea,  it was freezing Friday night. Now it is back in the 70's. So I packed a lot of cold weather clothes that I am not using right now. But oh well.

I climbed a lot of ladders and scaffolds and ended up staying a little late to finish up a job. I didn't get a workout because it was already later than expected and I felt miserable from the day.  But I do plan on getting some exercise in today if I can get out at a normal time. 

Today will hopefully be better. 

• Like 1

Typing this up at lunch so it will be short.  Had to take a late lunch because of some stuff that happened. Me and two other guys worked through lunch because somebody screwed up our work and we had to redo it.  Typical day though... 

anyway I ended up just working out int eh room itself.  And I am switching hotels. This place is ok but there is another hotel a bit farther out that is a little less but has a full size fridge, sink, better fitness room, pool, (not that I will be using it.) and a few other little things. 

I will try to get some more exercise in today but I am a little tired.  Haha

no excuses! ;)

Edit.....  so I didn't get out of work till just about 7 pm.... ended up having to stay late and worked 13 hours.... so excuse won. :(. I have failed. 

• Like 2