A little bit of everything.

It seems like our stroke of luck keeps fluctuating.

I found out from my wife earlier today that her grandfather had been missing since yesterday evening. (she didn’t know he was missing till earlier today)

After I got off of work I found out that they found her grandfather’s body in a pond earlier this afternoon.  =(

(   This even made the local news)

They have no idea how he got there exactly or what he was doing near that pond as it was not the one close to his house.   This is a sad day indeed. This is the same man who is the father of her uncle that passed away recently too.  He was 93 years old, still able to get around on his own (for the most part) and was fairly active for someone his age. No one expected this.  Most thought he would pass on peacefully in his sleep…. Not found in a lake.  =(

My wife is very very sad and confused and just kinda in shock that he was found like this. This is hitting the family hard and I feel helpless because I am still over here in texas. My wife told me to stay and that I should take time off of work when his funeral is arranged.  There is not much for me to do right now but be there when she calls and try to be there for her as much as I can for the funeral.

… another reason I need a job lose to home.   =(

My character:  My Character

I hate to hear about this. I am sorry. I hope things with your job improve so that you can get back for some much needed family time. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

Introduction Battle Log Current Challenge

Previous Challenges: I, II, III, IV, VVI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

So The funeral was a good one. I got to meet a lot of the family I had not seen in a while and a lot of people were in attendance. My wife even wrote a good speech to say about her grandfather. I swear there was not a dry eye there when she was done. I was very proud of her!   The man was in the Navy and the honor guard came out, folded the flag, and even did the 21 gun salute.  It was very good to see how they had respected him. Yes he was stubborn and very opinionated, but I don’t think there was anything this family wouldn’t have done for him.

As shocking as his death was, the funeral has brought a sort of closure to it and everyone is sad but feeling better. The main thought about how he ended up there was that he kept falling asleep during the day and getting confused about the time.   Also he started having little episodes of dementia. So we pretty much think that he lost track of time, got dark, had an episode and got lost and ended up where he did.  =(        My he Rest in peace.

On another note, my job in Texas has been put on hold. The factory is slowing down a bit and they had to send some of us home.  So I got re-assigned. I am home for a few days and then heading to San Francisco for an undetermined number of weeks. (probably at least 3 or more) While I have never been there and could be interesting, I am really not happy about having to be THAT far away from home. Pus from what I have been told, we will be working 12 hour days, at least 6, possibly 7 days a week.   Which will be good for all the overtime I will be making, but I will be exhausted and missing my family like crazy.  I am still looking for a local job but still…. Nothing is coming up that I can do.

Since I am home for a few days and been eating like crap while I have been gone, I am going to the track this morning and then going to have to take care of as much business these next 2 days as I can while I am here.

I may not be able to log as much as I was but right now at this point I just need to work and pay the bills.

• Like 2

Glad to hear that it went well. I can't imagine going through all that with work and being moved around so much. Hopefully, you can spend these few days with your family and recharge before heading out again.

Level 13 Human Assassin

"Scars are not injuries...A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole."

China Miéville, The Scar

I made it to California. This place is beautiful!!! I can see the mountians off in the distance! The weather is fantastic and so far traffic is not so bad. (granted I have avoided peak times so far)

The flights were uneventful, which was a good thing! Everything went smooth and glad I made it safe and sound.    I have been in training and drug testing pretty much all day today. And tomorrow I have more training as well as on Wednesday.  Typical job stuff but nothing too bad.

There is a “severe earthquake” warning for a lot of California at the moment. I have never experienced and earthquake and I do not want my first one to be “MAJOR”… I will admit I am a little worried about this. 

The hotel we are staying at is a nice looking one. The rooms are small but they are nice. (much better than the pace I was at in Texas) but there is no fridge (no place to really keep food for lunch) and no microwave. (cant heat anything up)   so my food selection is very very slim.  So I will be looking for some healthy recipes that require neither refrigeration or heating. Haha!

I already miss my family and wish I were home. From what I hear I will be working 7 days a week and 12 hours a day.  So I will be one tired little Rebel! But at least I wont have to worry about money for a short while. But I will be working for it!!!! And that is all I can ask for at this point.

Stay positive!!!!

• Like 2

Me and a fellow.coworker found a gym right by our hotel and got a few week to try it out. So yesterday we went and we worked legs.  I will say that I did better than I thought I would. But my legs feel Soooooo sore today. Haha it has been a while since I worked them.with weights and it feels good.  

We have been doing nothing but training for work so far since we got here and I think today will be our last day of training.   The internet sucks at the hotel so I am sitting in the Starbucks on the corner borrowing their wifi. 

I woke up a little late and I want to write more.on here but it is a little different  using the phone  to do so. 

I will try to swing back here after we are done for the day.  

Also I tried some light deadlifts and totally scraped up my shins yesterday. My form is so bad since being out of practice. Haha. Anyway.  Be back later!

• Like 1

As always, I am impressed to see you always finding the bright side of things. Keep plugging away, and you will be back to see your family before you know it.

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

Alright.. so I have been to the gym everyday since we found it… this morning was abs and shoulders.  And I AM SORE!!!  But it is good.

I also found out that they have classes at this gym and all included in membership.  (plus since I have a week free I can try them out too!)  I am thinking of going to a cycle class later this afternoon if I am not feeling too bad.

Bad news is they are sending 2 guys to Montana from our team for a quick job (about 5 days) which means we will be a little light on people for a week or so.  And one of those guys was the one I go to the gym with.. so looks like I will be solo for the rest of the time.  

Also found out that we start work tomorrow!  FINALLY I can make some real money.  12 hour days 7 days a week….. big paychecks but still not the best for social or fun times here in California.

So work and working out….. my plan for the next few weeks.  (my wife should be pleasantly surprised when I get back!)

Insert clever "sexy meme" here.     HAHA!

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:37 PM, Sevasan said:

There is a “severe earthquake” warning for a lot of California at the moment. I have never experienced and earthquake and I do not want my first one to be “MAJOR”… I will admit I am a little worried about this. 

Great work on keeping fitness and self improvement a high priority even with moving and all those other life challenges you and your loved ones are facing at this time.  I am so impressed with you and wish you incredible success, which you are working on earning!

I wanted to comment about your earthquake fears... I live in Southern California myself.  The events that triggered that 'severe earthquake warning', well.  The cluster of small earthquakes, most of them too small to feel even locally, that triggered that 'alert', well.  It increased the risk to what experts believed was about 1%.  But really, there's no reliable science about earthquake prediction.  Hopefully this week without any scary tremblers has helped calm you... as someone who has lived here for a long time and actually been through several...  I want to tell you, they're rare.  They're so rare that you probably are perfectly safe to ignore them past making sure you know what to do just in case one happens.  You could live here years and not feel any, not even very small ones.

• Like 1

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

As someone who has never lived in an earthquake area, I have been reassured by many people here in California, that these big earthquakes are really rare.   Maybe some very small localized ones that can barely be felt, but I have been reassured.  (and also your post just adds more confirmation that I have nothing to really be worried about)  ^_^

Hurricanes, flooding, tornadoes, all things I have been through before, but because I have never experienced and earthquake, I am just a little nervous about it. I am sure if I would live here I would get used to them just like many of the people I have talked to here.

Thank you for the positive comment!  I am trying to keep myself busy and keep my fitness up through all of this.   I was looking to see if I would be able to possibly meet some fellow Rebels while in the area. But I am here for work for an unknown amount of time and will be working 12 hour days. So…. Not much free time.  I don’t have any Nerd fitness members (that I can tell) in my hometown.   It is also possible that on any day my company can decide to send me elsewhere.   I am actually scheduled to go to San Fransisco later on.

I am actually just happy to be in a better hotel with an actual fridge, microwave and reliable internet. (the original hotel had none of these!) not to mention I swear there were drug deals going on a few rooms down.

Hopefully I can get some more time to sight see!   

• Like 1

Glad to hear about the positive changes in your location. Hopefully, things will continue to improve. Here's to your job going well now that you're finally starting.

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

Thanks Jor, things have gotten a little better, and we have been busy. so it is making the time seem to go by quickly.

I know it has been a few days since I have last posted.  Not much has changed. Just work, work, work, eat, sleep,.... work, work, work, eat, sleep……

I actually have a day off today and they believe that this job may be finished later on this week.  So I am taking today to relax and search for more jobs back home.

I may take some time to go see some sights if I can. But nothing that costs money.

The weather is beautiful in California!  But I still miss home.My poor wife is missing me like crazy and having to take care of the house all by herself. I wish i could be tehre to help her. But since i am unable to do that i will try to keep myself busy. 

I may go to the gym today since there is not much else to do. It has been a few days so I need to get back into it! (the guy I am working with got a membership and I will go as a guest)

I read the email recently that Steve sent out about working with the Rings. And I must say it seems really interesting! I might have to get some and try to set them up at the house (when I actually get there.)

One of the things I would LOVE to do today is go to Blizzard headquarters and just take a picture outside. I am a HUGE fan of Diablo, Starcraft, WoW, Hearthstone, and Overwatch when I can buy It) … Yes, I am a Blizzard fanboy and have been since I was a teenager and got introduced to Diablo 2 and Starcraft…. Fell in love with those game since.   I see my "nerdness" is showing.  :)

I wish I could go on a tour but that is not going to happen today.

I applied to a job that would be PERFECT for me back at home. I hope I can get it as it would be a big step up and actually involve everything I am familiar with.  PLUS it is in my hometown so it would be perfect!!!!!!    (prays to the job granting gods)

So fingers crossed on this and I can only wait and see.    Stay positive!!!!!

• Like 1

Definitely check out Blizzard HQ if you can. I haven't played a lot of the more recent games, but I definitely grew up with WarCraft I and II, StarCraft, and Diablo I and II. My college dorm mates and I missed a lot of homework due to playing Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. I quit right around the time WoW came out, mostly because I could see myself falling too far into that world. 

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

I sent Blizzard an email to see if I could get in on a tour, but that will not likely happen.  I might be able to pass in front of the building like some sort of creeper and take a photo. HAHA!  But that might have to wait till another day.

Yes, I played a massive amount of Diablo II : LoD too!!!  4 accounts full of max level characters with just about all build variations and completed sets for each! ( yea too much time on that game)

And ironically I missed out of WoW for a while, because I didn’t want to “pay” every month to play a game. .. I finally had a friend convince me to give it a try after the Wrath of the Lich king expansion came out (yes he tried for that many years to get me to play!)…. 10 minutes in, I knew I was hooked!   So much so, that after I started dating my now wife, it caused too much trouble in my relationship (as it had with a previous girlfriend)  so I had to give it up.  I still try to keep up with it through news and videos (and even the books!) but I do not play anymore as I know it will only end with bad news for me.

On another note I did make it to the gym today with my coworker. I am going to try to make it every day with him if possible. He wants to try to make it to “Muscle Beach” and even to Golds Gym!  He is much more into working out than I am I will admit. But since I am here I might as well take pictures and see it while I can! Haha!  (if only I had a “NERD FITNESS” shirt to wear!)

We may only work 8 hours tomorrow as our work is on hold until some other things have to be done. After that. To the gym again!   I worked out legs hard today and I will certainly feel it tomorrow!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sevasan said:

10 minutes in, I knew I was hooked!

I also did the trial when my freshman-year roommate started playing. I made an account and played for about half an hour. I decided right then and there that I could never play again if I wanted to stay unaddicted. That was the first and last time I ever played WoW.

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

So we didn’t get to make it to Golds Gym.   Which is kind of a bummer since I was looking forward to posting that. haha!

We had some issues come up with work and by the time we found out their plan for us, it was late in the afternoon. We ended up going to the gym close to the hotel instead.

So here is what happened.   After they sent us home we were going to eat lunch and then head to the gym as it was about 45 minutes away from here. We were told that we were most likely not going to work tomorrow either so we had planned on doing some sightseeing. Well scratch that because one of the guys happened to check their email and they want us to drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco first thing in the morning. (about a 6 hour drive)  Now, ONCE AGAIN, this is about 12 in the afternoon, they want us to relocate with less than 12 hours notice. NO PHONE CALL to make sure we got our info as soon as possible…. No, they are just going to wait till we happen to check our email at some unknown time to get us to another place where we need to be at a certain time…..   Don’t you think that they would CALL to make sure we got our information. Especially if it is important and we are on a timeline.

*Angry face*!!!!     :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: 

So anyway, I know I am supposed to be going to a job in Lake Charles Louisiana. (about an hour and 20 minutes from my house) so I call and ask when that is supposed to happen. They guys says that next week is a STRONG possibility, but he can’t say for sure.   So I get it….. send me elsewhere until I am needed. Keep me working, but at the same time... I want to go home and see my family. i miss my house, I miss my wife, and I miss my step-son.

So I packed all my stuff and got ready to drive to San Fransisco this morning.  I am actually all packed and ready, and we don’t leave for another 2 hours…. I couldn’t sleep last night either. And woke up early.

So at the gym we normally go to here we worked out chest and triceps. I have discovered that even though I am right handed… my right side is weaker than the left. I will certainly work on that. Haha   I hope I will be able to keep this up once I find a new job or start the Lake Charles job. I miss going to the gym and have not been since the announcement of the shutdown of my last job a number of months ago.

Anyway, time to look for jobs closer to home before we have to load up…

Stay positive!

• Like 1

You're doing admirable by maintaining a positive attitude despite the myriad things throwing you off kilter. Hopefully they even out soon.

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

Well my positive attitude might be running out. :(

So still unknown when I will be returning home and the people I am working for have me (and a few of the other "out of Towners" doing a lot.of the jobs that they don't want to do.  Which sucks but ok... I get it... Get the news guys to do the grunt work as part of the initiation...  But to top it off, my laptop is not not working again and I can't seem to fix it.   I need it to apply.formother jobs and now I can't do that.

And of course all the usual stuff of not being home still weighing on me. 

I will hopefully find out tomorrow about when I will returnhome . 

Thanks ka.for the positive words and support! I know every little bit helps at this point! Trying to stay positive bit it is getting a little more difficult each day. 

• Like 1

Still no word for when I will be returning home. I have not been able to get an answer from him exactly.  We are supposed to talk again tomorrow morning and he should have some new information for me.   I hope I am not stuck here for another week... or longer.  =(      in other news I am making good money though. More than I have been in the past 3 years!  But it is costing me dearly. I hope that once i make it back home it will not be as bad and I can tolerate doing this for a while longer. 

Fitness wise I have not been going to the gym. I am waiting to see how long I will be here before trying to restart that.  no point in joining anything if I will only be here a week more. Plus I am noticing that I am very tired and drained and just bummed out. It is making me not want to do anything.  I miss my family so much.  =(

I have been looking at the Rings and handstands deal that NF has going on right now..  I am REALLY interested in the rings and I want to get a pair myself. I just dont know if NOW is a good time to drop that amount of money.... but I am sure I can reason with myself to get it. Plus doing handstands would be cool as hell!!!!!      .... yea.. I am probably going to talk myself into it. 

Early Christmas present?    sure why not!   

The job hunting is not producing much anymore.   I have limited myself to local jobs again and hoping that the helicopter job comes through, but that wont be till 2017....    I dont know if I can put up with this for that long.    but like I said, maybe if i can be home, it will not be as bad. 

Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night, hopefully tonight will be better.

It definitely sounds like a struggle. Also, as far as your fitness is concerned, it seems that you would be better served just by trying to rest and recuperate as much as possible for the time being. And, I agree - no point in joining a gym for a week just to leave it soon after. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Human Assassin

China Miéville, The Scar

10 hours ago, Sevasan said:

Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night, hopefully tonight will be better.

Not sure if you<re like me in this sense but I find I tend to be significantly more positive after a decent sleep. Hopefully you get one soon and things turn around at work.

Thanks guys!    I did get some good news.  Looks like I will be heading home on monday!!!!!!!!   

I spoke with my person at work and he said that he should be getting us flights home Monday.  HOORAY!!!!   :applouse::applouse:

I am so ready to be home and see my family!   

Even though today was a very physically demanding day I feel so much better emotionally knowing I will be home soon. 

Also... i am going to try the rings and handstands program..  lifetime membership and a 60 day money back guarentee... ok I will give it a shot. haha  

(Plus it is not my money, I have been saving a lot of my "per diem" I have been getting since I started with this company... so ... extra cash)

I am excited to start this training!

• Like 2

I AM SO PISSED!!!!!!!          :mad-new:   :mad-new:   :mad-new:   :mad-new:   :mad-new:   :mad-new:   :mad-new:   :mad-new: 

“A man is only as good as his word.”

… and apparently I have been fooled or the man I was dealing with is not true to his word.  I am not going home tomorrow (Monday) because some things happened (I am still collecting details) to where there was some “confusion” and someone made a mistake. Now, because of this mistake (and no fault of my own) I have to stay here for, what seems to be, another week.  SCREW this company! This is nothing like I had been told it would be like or anything I could have ever expected.  There has been a LOT of BS going on since I started and its only been about 2 months total now.   I am so ANGRY and sad and just… … I don’t even know… a HUGE mixture of emotions over this!   The smilies cant even accurately describe how I feel.

I am still collecting details here and there but yea, I feel like someone just shoved a “Crowbar wrapped in barbed wire, up my rear end, ….. sideways.” @Atrytone   (or something similar to that.)

I cant quit, but I want to be doen with this so bad!!!!!   I am actually taking a day off tomorrow whether they like it or not…  taking a “fatigue day” as they call it. (which is one day off every 2 weeks)

*sigh*   … if I had known it would be like this I don’t think I would have taken this job.  The work is not that bad, but dealing with the people associated with it…. That’s the hard part.    Seriously, if you trained a monkey to read, they could easily do this as (I have seen it so far)  it is basically a Hard labor job disguised as a “skillset” … I have worked too hard on all my other certs and trainings to Just be doing hard labor.    Don’t get me wrong, I am not afraid of hard work, as I have had many jobs where the work was tough and I got my hands plenty dirty… but there was also other elements to it that required more though than I have seen so far.  ( once I find out more I am sure I will have to blog this all down just to get some venting and frustrations out….  You don’t have to read, mainly just for me to let it out.)

So basically I get screwed over because of someone else…..

I was expecting to be gone tomorrow so I didn’t restock my food for the hotel, so I am about to step out and go get something since I have not eaten since 11     (almost 8 hours ago)

Maybe when I get back I can continue my handstand stuff in the room…. We will see…  

Staying positive is probably not going to happen this evening… sorry guys.  

• Like 2