• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SnowOwl

Annual NF Virtual Run!

I think it would be really fun (and motivating) if NF held it's own worldwide virtual 5k.

We could have NF numbered bibs, and annual t-shirts, and have lots of fun photos of people around the world upon completion!

September seems like a good month. Then we, or those of us who have never run before anyway, could train through spring and summer to get ready. :)  

There would of course be a support and training group on the forums before hand each year. 

• Like 20

11 minutes ago, SnowOwl said:

Just realized that the seasons are different for the southern hem., still a fall/spring run should be doable for all!

If it's mid-season, then it should definitely be doable.  Perhaps around the 5th of May and 6th of November.

I really hope the powers that be grab this idea and run with it! ;)

How cool would annual NF run t-shirts be? A cool new design to collect and wear each year! 

And I would LOVE to see photos from NF runners around the world, it would be like virtual world tour right form home. :)

• Like 2

I'm cool with any virtual race distances - except maybe a marathon ;).

I did a Doctor Who virtual race where they sent out medals and shirts if you paid for 'em as the race itself was on the honor system. 

• Like 1

I'd be in for later in the year (September time frame?) since I'll be trying to get back into running over the summer :D

• Like 2

What if we pick two different weekends and just do it?  I'd be willing to send out nerdy certificates to all runners/walkers  or even look into the cost of t-shirts.  I wonder if mentioning this to Starsapart or Hazard would help us get the attention of the big nerds?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lightning said:

What if we pick two different weekends and just do it?  I'd be willing to send out nerdy certificates to all runners/walkers  or even look into the cost of t-shirts.  I wonder if mentioning this to Starsapart or Hazard would help us get the attention of the big nerds?

I like that idea.... and the b est things are d.i.y anyway ;D

• Like 1

If we skip the certificates, medals, etc then we just need to post a forum where anyone can signup. Maybe get the forum pinned to the top.  If we want Stuff to send to people than a sign up sheet may be needed.  

• Like 1

I could definitely help organize. Would be great to get an official ok though so we could call it a Nerd Fitness run and advertise it wherever.

I don't really care about medals, but a shirt would be fun. Anyone a good artist/designer? 

I vote for holding it the second Saturday/weekend in September and making it an annual thing. Does September work for those in other parts of the world?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, SnowOwl said:

I could definitely help organize. Would be great to get an official ok though so we could call it a Nerd Fitness run and advertise it wherever.

I don't really care about medals, but a shirt would be fun. Anyone a good artist/designer? 

I vote for holding it the second Saturday/weekend in September and making it an annual thing. Does September work for those in other parts of the world?

My aimed big run is in October so for me September would be okay ;)

For Germany in general it depends on luck...it can be awesome autumn running weather or rain and sh*t...also it can be allergie season for some people... so my two cent ;)

September is good for me.  We can pick two weekends in case weather is an issue.  

SnowOwl, since this is your fantastic idea do you want to try contacting Spezzy?  She may be able to get this in front of the right people.  If you would prefer someone else do it then I'd be happy to give it a whirl.

• Like 3

@spezzy How do we get permission to hold an "official" NF virtual run? 

We'll give it a try and see if she has two seconds of time to spare. I've heard through the grapevine that PMs are not a good way to contact her and that she is super busy right now.

Also, I'll do some underpants collecting on hosting a virtual run. :D

Now, who can design us some awesome t-shirts for the first ever official or un-official run?

If it's unofficial, I'm thinking the League of Epicness might want to take over the run this year? We might as well do something epic! Just in case we can't call it Nerd Fitness, but hopefully we can!

• Like 4