• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SnowOwl

Annual NF Virtual Run!

21 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

Excellent!

They're forecasting rain here for a couple of days, so my hopes for a beautiful, not too hot/humid day isn't looking good.

Same for me.  I'm going to run mine tomorrow and it's supposed to be drizzly and nasty all the way to Saturday.  At lest it's only in the seventies.

• Like 2

Also anyone who put their time in on the spreadsheet, make sure you entered it correctly. There is no way I am 1st and I'm pretty sure everyone who has already added theirs put the mins in the hour spot. :) 

• Like 2

I did mine the day before it decided to pour. I walked mine and it took me 1 hour and 30 mins but I did it!

Congratulations! And that is a super cute pup you have!

• Like 1

Well, I ran my 5K today. Or at least I ran the first 2 miles. I ended up walking the last mile or so. I've been able to run the whole thing for a few weeks now, but it just wasn't happening today. I wish last Wednesday had been a day later because that one went well and I ran my best time so far. I think there were several reasons I didn't do as well today. I've had trouble with low energy all week, but I felt pretty good at the beginning. In fact I shaved over half a minute off my first mile time, though I think that might have been part of the problem as well. I've always had enough trouble just running that I haven't had to be careful not to run too fast at the beginning. The humidity was also about 95% today, so it felt like running through soup. If I want to run early enough for it not to be too hot, it has to be on a Tuesday or Wednesday so I'm not going to try again. My time actually wasn't too bad, mostly because of the good time on the first mile. Here is a pic of the view at the end of the 5K. 

medium.IMG_2882.jpg.b0518217e78c28c81e01

• Like 3

I didn't forget about the run, I forgot I was scheduled to donate blood yesterday.  I'm running tonight and hopefully I can get some good pictures.  The puppy has to stay though.  He gets tired after a mile. 

• Like 4

OK, I ran.  Apparently I'm fast.

I took a picture, but I can't get it to post from Photobucket.  Maybe this link will work?  It's a picture of most of the course.  I'm standing on the start line and I ran across the bridge, ran along the far side of the river, across the bridge you see in the distance, back up the near side of the river and under the bridge I started on. 

• Like 4

OK, I ran.  Apparently I'm fast.

I took a picture, but I can't get it to post from Photobucket.  Maybe this link will work?  It's a picture of most of the course.  I'm standing on the start line and I ran across the bridge, ran along the far side of the river, across the bridge you see in the distance, back up the near side of the river and under the bridge I started on. 

A very pretty view! Congratulations!

• Like 3

Gonna do my best to get it done! Been a pretty ... well between terrible and crazy few weeks it seems. Congrats to all who have finished! When do we have again?

• Like 3