I joined awhile ago but I could never quite get myself off the ground.

In the last 10 days I’ve: ended a nine year relationship, began the termination process for my worst employee and stopped drinking a bottle of wine every night.  It is just the beginning but healthy choices have come easily after doing the super hard things listed above.  Reducing my alcohol intake was something I expected to be far more difficult.  For a long time I thought I was an alcoholic.  However, after ending my relationship I just don’t feel like drinking anymore.

So anyway, I’m here to have a place to document my journey to health.  My plan for the next six weeks is listed below.  My goal is to complete each week and then continue those healthy habits for the rest of my journey.  

1) Reduce alcohol intake to 1 glass, 3 days per week

2) Reduce fast food to 1 meal per week

3) Make a paleo breakfast 5 days per week

4) Make 4 paleo dinners per week

5) Make 2 vegetarian meals per week

6) Reduce diet soda intake to 1 8oz serving per day

My starting point is 230 lbs at 5 foot 3 inches with elevated liver enzymes.

• Like 1

Wow, you've had a lot of upheaval in a short amount of time!  I have had a similar revelation with alcohol,I used to drink lots of beer and always wanted to reduce it, but it was just so hard for me.  Then one day something just 'clicked' - I think it was the buildup of all of my other healthy habits just pushing my beer cravings out the door - and I've had maybe 3 beers over the past 4 weeks.  I just don't want any more.  It's fantastic!!  I'm glad you feel the same, it's kind of liberating. :)

Your goals are great and congrats on taking the step to put your health in the spotlight!  You deserve it!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65