• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fearless 2.0

Paleo. possible on 25 euro a week ?

i live off 200 euro a month excluding rent. after my dogs insurance, energy bills and communication bills i can't spend more than 25 euro a week for food. i made it possible to eat some veggies and protein daily but rely heavily on bread and pasta or potatoes to prepare meals. online i found some articles ( here also) which adress paleo on a budget, only those people use twice as much money.

my situation will not stay like this but hey, id love to eat better now! any suggestions??? anyone has experience with that???

• Like 1

First, it would be nice to know which country you live in because it really depends on your area when it comes to finding low-cost paleo basics. Aside from that, a few notes on things you would never eat and those you don't like too much are also helpful.

But... regardless of those questions, I believe there is a way to do budget-friendly paleo.

Platzhalter, i live in northern germany. just made a plan for next challenge to buy the following for the first week:

milk

oats

bananas           for breakfast

ground beef

canned tomatoes

onions                 

broccoli or spinach       for lunch

30 eggs

bacon    for dinner

it is only 80 % paleo but i think it might be doable

does that sound realistic to you? 

I ate off about that much when I was an "Austauschstudentin"  in Germany, then in Austria, though it wasn't strictly Paleo. Muesli/oats for breakfast, whatever veggies were in season/cheap, and whichever protein sources were cheap, ususally eggs or meat on sale. Aldi is the best!!

• Like 1

German paleo-ish nerd here. My personal experience from low budget and eating healthy:

Frozen veggies from discounter supermarkets like Lidl and Aldi are tasty, quite cheap and are usually sold in big packages/bags. Get´em!

See meat at 30% discount? Get it! You just can´t efford grasfed "Öko" meat from lucky cows right now, go for it after becoming rich(er) ;) 

If you´ve got a big freezer, try to get meat from a local farmer for a good price and store it.

Don´t know your Goals, but if you need f.e. a big protein intake for building muscles, take some diary products until you can afford full paleo (Magerquark und Hüttenkäse!). Better 75% paleo than american standard diet, because you can´t pay full paleo.

Hope I could help a bit. :)

• Like 2

If you're on a very tight budget, it's worth weighing up pros and cons of some of the restrictions like non-grass-fed meats (seriously, the difference isn't that big nutritionally). dairy and pulses. Yes, absolutely, focus on eating vegetables and whole foods, but don't starve because you can't afford to eat "paleo" rather than quark, rice and lentils with frozen veg. ;)

• Like 2

using things thats cheap and last for long.

different cabbage for instance, a white cabbage cost 1-2 euros and hold for some meals at least.

even buying a whole chicken can save you some money.

use the breatmeat one meal, and the thighs the other, and make a stock or soup on the rest of the chicken,

canned and frozen goods as well can be nice, normally you can get bags of frozen vegs for like a euro to 1,5 pr back.

even buy a bulk of frozen chicken breast can be a good cheap option to have over more meals.

oats and milk for breakfast, skyr or eggs as well. also look at sales when items are about to expire, sometimes you can get perfectly fine meat and vegs for half price.

other than that. buy whole foods, meat and legs and cook in bulk.

you can do this!

• Like 1