All who wander are not lost

Mahalak

okay! thanks for the guidance I've been given today, from how to view my daily review, to how to post my daily review!

first day. rest of life.

A fruit/vegetable with every meal   A

Reduce Soda by 50%                    B-

Walk 10 minutes daily                    A

Meditate 10 minutes daily              A-

Flaneur (aka sshussett25)

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

The wild and woolly of Holy Week has given way to a day of rest. I've spent days saying "It's Wednesday now, but Monday's coming!" And so it has.

I really felt the days when I didn't get enough sleep, the mood goes straight down the toilet the later the days goes. So it was good myself up to sleep by 10 last night, and getting up at 7:30. I am not one to sleep that much, so I must have really needed it. And I'm looking forward to a nap later!

I am pleased with how my goals held up over the past few days, when it was so busy I couldn't check in. (I'd think of it after I'd shut down the computer, without enough energy to crack the lid again.) I had plenty of opportunities to totally blow it, with far more on my plate life-wise, and if I wasn't careful, food-wise.

But I would think of this challenge, think of recording something eventually, and held off from overindulging or saying "I'll get to it later," which often never comes. Since I started NF, I had lost some weight, but then a business trip didn't go so well diet-wise (boy it is hard when someone else is paying and favorite restaurants are in the neighborhood!). But I've held steady since and dropped back down to that lower weight again. Paid off by wearing something more comfortably than I have in awhile.

Reduce Soda by 50%                    A

Meditate 10 minutes daily              A

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

Greetings, world! I'm feeling a little like the guy in Martian, unsure if anyone is out there, but here goes nothing...

First day off in weeks, after many full days. But I'm really trying to hang in there with NF. Apart from some random jelly beans, I was mostly able to stay away from the Easter candy floating around (I'm planning to count out my 8 or 16 for lunch tomorrow!). Found time for meditation late in the day, and exercised twice, meeting my step goal of 10K and hitting the weights. Feels really good!

Meditate 10 minutes daily              A

• Like 1

Next challenge I need to cut back on eating out, because nothing good comes out of it! I showed some control, but not enough.

I had an opportunity to share NF with a friend/coach today, because I think what Rebel One has initiated has great power and potential. 

A fruit/vegetable with every meal   B           yes, a vegetable at every meal. however, not every vegetable is created equal.

I probably should devaluate some earlier entries with that in mind.

Meditate 10 minutes daily              B-

a little stress eating today - and what did I say about eating out? At least I substituted a soup I didn't want for applesauce! 

Reduce Soda by 50%                    B    a little credit for not getting a refill at the diner

Meditate 10 minutes daily              F   I needed it, but didn't think of it after the morning started. Not sure when I would have squeezed it in. And if I tried right now...8 hours later...

writing a little too late...not much steam left. And I'll be away the next few days. So this will be it until Sunday.

Meditate 10 minutes daily              F   man, I really want/need to make this more of a priority

wow. such the newbie. didn't even realize the challenge had ended (I know, new rules: it doesn't have to have ended). but at least "grading" until 3/31 is a good stopping place until 4/4, even if I continue trying to do what I've been trying to do!

A fruit/vegetable with every meal-A  really has become a habit. it is not always the best f/v, but choosing that is a challenge for another day!

Reduce Soda by 50%-A  when I started NF, I had gotten into the bad habit of stopping at a convenience store and taking advantage of their great deal: 79 cents for any size soda (or "pop" as we say in western PA). It was so easy to get a 32oz drink and nurse it all day (even as early as my morning beverage, which I never thought I'd do), and on rough mornings, even 44oz! Oy. Am now generally drinking only 12oz cans, which get me through lunch. I still need to be careful when I eat out, but even then, I've been having one medium and no refill, or 1.5 medium. Now I want to continue to reduce, to not have something every day. 

Walk 10 minutes daily-A  I make at least 30 minutes nearly every day. Sunday, a busy day starting early, has been a strikeout, but I figure I make up for it on average every other day. Next challenge I'll be more realistic about what can happen on Sundays, or is likely too. 

Meditate 10 minutes daily              D   I think about it more, but I really want/need to make this more of a priority. One weekend a month (this weekend, as it turns out) I meditate a great deal. I feel the power. I just want to ride that wave through next week and beyond. As you might guess, April challenge and Insight Timer, here I come!

Thanks, NF. It is great to make these changes, intentionally, and see some progress. Down 10.5 pounds!