New House, New Plan

Gosh, it's been a long time since I last logged on! This place looks totally different!

So, late last year I was getting pretty good. I had a regular gym schedule, I was eating right. Ish. Maybe.

OK, so I'd started buying snacks to get me through work and 'treating' myself to pizza at the end of the day and damn the consequences.

Then work got hectic. The gym dropped. I stopped pre-preparing meals. I had a few Life Issues that made things difficult (90% of which can be summed up with the word 'anxiety').

My job finished. I was unemployed for a month. I got a new job, but I had to move interstate on a 24 hour turnaround to get there in time for it (long story). 

I got here, I stayed with friends and had my meals cooked for me for a while. Anxiety hit again; I stopped eating breakfast and bought crackers and dip and things in a box to eat for lunch because I couldn't bear to make food in their kitchen. I got a house and moved out and couldn't seem to get my feet under me enough to set up my house and look after my health.

Christmas came and went, and I did really well on healthy eating. Oddly enough, much better than I'd been doing before. But I worked over the break and returned exactly as exhausted and off-balance as I had left. I started cooking lunches in my own kitchen again, but I still bought snacks like biscuits and chocolate to make myself feel better at work.

Fast-forward to nearly-April and my goodness am I sick of this. I have just ... had it up to here. I hate feeling like I've gained so much weight back when I was doing so well, I can actually feel my muscles atrophying every day I stay away from the gym, I've stopped parkour, and I'm starting to be the right size/just a bit big for pants and jackets that used to be too big on me. I sleep terribly and I never leave the house because I can't wake up on a weekend.

I called in the cavalry and my parents have stayed at my place for a week. The house is clean and my freezer is full of home-made meals which will hopefully last for a few weeks. It's the Easter long weekend and I'm sleeping through as much of it as physically possible. The job is quieting down, so I won't feel so worked off my feet.

It's time. Stop the wagon for a sec, I wanna get back on.

My plan is twofold: Stop buying junk on the way to work/buying packaged food for lunches. And start going to the gym again. My goal is once per week, but if I can get to two per week, all the better.

Oh and get back into the NF community - I miss the motivation and the support here.

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)