• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kayrahbear

Skin issues after switching.

Ive been strictly paleo now for about two months and my skin is having a bit of a meltdown on me. I've got acne like never before and dry dry facial skin. I tried cutting out eggs for two weeks, but that didn't seem to be the culprit.

Could it just be my body adjusting? Did anyone else experience this?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It COULD partly be your body adjusting.  Dry skin is generally not enough fat and\or water in your diet (if this is new).  I know it SOUNDS counter-intuitive - but I didn't really get rid of my adult acne until I figured out that it was due that my skin was reacting to EVERYTHING I was doing to try to take care of the acne - because it dried it out more.  Parts of my face were always red and was bordering on eczema....

It turns out I don't need expensive products either (although they were pushed on my by estheticians and I admit using them helped clue me in to the REAL problem - I needed much gentler things).  I cleanse with Burt Bee's Sensitive Cleanser (available pretty much anywhere).  My toner is plain old Rosewater (you can find it many places, but I get mine from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Store-Flower-Waters-Rosewater/dp/B0002JHGYC/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1459096575&sr=8-2&keywords=rosewater).  The best readily available moisturizer I found was L'Oreal Hydra Renewal - but I've since switched to an all natural one - the Rose Skin Cream available online from Mountain Rose Herbs (https://www.mountainroseherbs.com/products/skin-cream/profile).  I also use their Wild Rose facial oil about once per week (but that may be too much for you and would only use it if using gentler cleanser\creams don't clear up the dryness).

• Like 1