I Want To Live Up To My Username Again

After work today, I'll come here to see what I can come up with the next challenge. I'm working on getting prepared for a writing event starting this Friday (1 April), but I want to set up the next challenge so that it works well for me & so that I don't get discouraged too easily, which happens when I set up goals that are way too extreme for me - which often happens. Well, they're not too extreme if I push myself harder than I do, but then I get discouraged the first time I fail, & then I give up. I need to work on getting past that fear of failure or of success (which seem to go together sometimes) & to just keep on, no matter how hard I fall on my face at times. That's part of life, & I need to just get up & keep going, as I do when I ride my bike. Not that I fall off of that often, but it has happened, & I just got back up & kept going - that's what I need to do in life. :cat:

Cycling's my favourite form of exercise, followed closely by hiking & swimming, & I want to get back to the place where my username suits me again. So this afternoon, as long as the weather stays good (which it's supposed to), I'm going for a bike ride after work. It won't be long since it's been a long time since I've been on my bike, but at least I'll get out on my bike & go for a ride. That's the first step, & a journey has to start with that first step.

So, yeah! I'm looking forward to that bike ride - it's been far too long!! :cat:

• Like 1

Do it!  Cycling is a form of mediation.  You have to focus on the road and nature.  

Brene Brown is a great speaker on vulnerability.  

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

For a while I've been an email subscriber to the Tapp Brothers' Parkour training, but I've not done much about it. Well, they have a new 30 day challenge starting up next week, & I'm going to take advantage of that & use that for the upcoming challenge starting here very soon. I'll keep on walking to & from work when I work here in my town (that's 20 minutes one way), & go for bike rides at least three or four days a week. With all this, my fitness is in place.

I've basically given up pop, but I'll make that an official thing starting for this challenge. I have a goal to increase my water intake to at least two litres a day because that works for me, but I've been sliding with my water intake in the past months. I need more, & I've been slowly upping this. Not nearly as much as I should be drinking, though. I'm also going to cut out junk food at least six days a week, & if I go the whole four weeks without it, even better! But we shall see. It's stuff that should be a treat - not an every day thing.

A few months ago, my doctor warned me that if I don't lower my blood pressure, I'll be at an increased risk of heart attacks or stroke. I DON'T want either, & so I'm doing something about it. :)

You are very welcome Mimi 

Water intake is a hard one. It sounds like you've got a good plan though. I set out two large glasses of water on my counter to help remind me.

I'm planning on putting air in my tires to my road bike next week.  I can't wait to get on the road but my spring cold is making walking up a flight of stairs hard.  I'm afriad if I air up my tires now, I won't be able to get over this cold because I'll go riding.

Biking is not big around my town, so I can't wait to come here and talk to you guys about it! Reading your stuff reminds me there are walking and biking commuters!  In my town people drive 2 blocks to there destination.   

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

5 hours ago, Super Sam said:

FIND SOME GREAT BIKE AND HIKING TRAILS THIS INSTANT OR ELSE I WILL GROUND YOU FOR A MONTH :apple:

Oh, I did, Super Sam. I went on two rides today. So even though I'm not going out this instant, I hope I'm not grounded.  haha :lol:

On 30/03/2016 at 6:31 AM, Butternut said:

You are very welcome Mimi 

Water intake is a hard one. It sounds like you've got a good plan though. I set out two large glasses of water on my counter to help remind me.

I'm planning on putting air in my tires to my road bike next week.  I can't wait to get on the road but my spring cold is making walking up a flight of stairs hard.  I'm afriad if I air up my tires now, I won't be able to get over this cold because I'll go riding.

Biking is not big around my town, so I can't wait to come here and talk to you guys about it! Reading your stuff reminds me there are walking and biking commuters!  In my town people drive 2 blocks to there destination.   

Butternut, I'm a walking commuter when I'm working here in my town. I work in home support as a home health caregiver, &, while I do have to drive to one client (it's a 20 minute drive to his parents' house), I do walk here in town as much as possible. :)  I hope that when you put air in your tires, you're over our cold & feeling much better. I'm getting used to drinking more water again, & I know I'm doing much better for it. :) 

• Like 1