• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave The Zombie Hunter

Leveling Up My Life as a Tai Chi Monk

I am trying to level up my physical life by following the principles of Steve's book, Level Up Your Life. I used to practice a simplified form of Tai Chi, but then I got out of the habit of daily practice. I am hoping to restart my practice of Tai Chi and create lasting habits of physical exercise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave The Zombie Hunter said:

I am trying to level up my physical life by following the principles of Steve's book, Level Up Your Life. I used to practice a simplified form of Tai Chi, but then I got out of the habit of daily practice. I am hoping to restart my practice of Tai Chi and create lasting habits of physical exercise.

Welcome to the rebellion!

Tai Chi is a great way to start leveling up and to condition your body and mind to new and lasting healthy habits. It's a truly amazing way to start. I practiced Wing Tzun Kung Fu (and I'm dying to get back to the dojo) and one of my senpai and training partners was a Tai Chi instructor, and I learned a lot from him.

You'll be most welcome among the Monks. Will you participate in the next challenge??

=D

The first thing I am trying to do in get in the habit of some basic post work exercise routines, one being talking a 10 minute walk everyday and the other is to try and complete the basic bodyweight workout. I broke my ankle in 3 places a few years ago which prompted a career change, but left me with a permanent titanium plate and 9/10 bone screws. I want to be careful with how I use my ankle now because I can feel that plate when I do anything harder than taking a normal step. Walking and a simplified form of Tai Chi were recommended to me by my doctor as a good form of non strenous exercise.