Thundercats: Tanktimus Wields the Sword of Omens

There were many requests for a Thundercats theme as I continue Rolling through Awesome cartoon Franchises of the 80’s. Therefore, we come to the ThunderCats. I had a Sword of Omens toy as a child and loved the series.

And so we come now to my goals, which should be pretty familiar by now.

panthro10.jpg

Panthro: Strength. 10 lift days. Since we are going to a format with a full four weeks I’m adding a lift day. Panthro was the tech guy, he designed the weapons and vehicles, and was also the physically strongest and most skilled warrior. I enjoyed watching him go from happy tech guy to by-the-code Warrior when stuff started to get real.

Cheetara.gif

Cheetara: Speed. 10 Run days. Cheetara was by far the fastest Thundercat. In kindergarten we were all convinced if we ran with our hands flat like she did it would help us run faster. This can be either a running session on Runkeeper or a Parkour Lesson. Got an early report on the tax returns and I should get enough to purchase a package of parkour lessons once it comes in.

fa43c764335100e788f197a3a9991a25bae66c1d

Snarf: Food. Eat paleo with no more than three variances/week. Snarf was Lion-O’s baby sitter, and never fully accepted that Lion-O was as grown as he was. I always liked his character and enjoyed his scenes. If I remember correctly, he was also the ThunderCats’ chef, which makes him the perfect inspiration for this goal. I know he wasn’t one of the main warrior characters, but I never liked WilyKat and WilyKit to this day I don’t know which was the boy and which was the girl.

tumblr_nxex7dXutD1r239fno1_500.gif

Lion-O: Domestic Rangering. Clean bathroom, kitchen, mop, vacuum, take out trash, do laundry 1x per week. Lion-O, Lord of the ThunderCats, was a boy when they fled Thundera for third earth. Due to a flaw in his cryogenic Chamber, Lion-O’s body matured to fully-grown while his mind remained a juvenile. He was incredibly strong, and is the inspiration for the strength goal. He had not only his own strength, but the shield-claw and the sword of Omens, with the Eye of Thundera in the hilt. I’m sticking with the leader in the Domestic Rangering theme here.

ConcentratingTygra.jpg

Tygra: Mobility. Any combination of Foam Rolling and an NF mobility Session for a total of 3 times a week. Tygra was the mystic of the group, and had the most agility. He could use his weird whip thing to make a balance line and could easily get across. He could also make himself invisible.

I haven’t changed up any of the goals from last time, they are set up so that consistency will bring about the progression I want in my fitness.

tumblr_nrjsfzO6QF1r239fno2_500.gif
Thundercats! HO!

• Like 32

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Man I forgot about Tygra! Good stuff!!

So 80's cartoons, does that mean you'll do a Snorks one sometime?! :D

• Like 6

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Kids I used to babysit in the 80's watched this...you're making me feel old but I'm still stalking you!! :D

• Like 6

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

This is one 80's cartoon I never really watched.  But I'll enjoy watching you RANGER these goals like you always manage to do. 

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Yay!!! 

lion_o_thundercats___atu_by_eryckwebbgra

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

8 minutes ago, Yraen of the Engwar said:

Have never seen Thundercats. Might have to try to find it. 

Definitely pretty awesome if you get a chance :)

Wolf

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, shaarawy said:

Man I forgot about Tygra! Good stuff!!

So 80's cartoons, does that mean you'll do a Snorks one sometime?! :D

I vaguely remember Snorks as some kind of sci-fi version of the smurfs. I don't remember much about them though.

1 hour ago, RES said:

Kids I used to babysit in the 80's watched this...you're making me feel old but I'm still stalking you!! :D

I'm honored.

59 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

This is one 80's cartoon I never really watched.  But I'll enjoy watching you RANGER these goals like you always manage to do. 

I look forward to exceeding your expectations.

*Respirator Sound effect

56 minutes ago, Yraen of the Engwar said:

Have never seen Thundercats. Might have to try to find it. 

Find it!

48 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Yay!!! 

lion_o_thundercats___atu_by_eryckwebbgra

Wolf

Glad to have you again.

47 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Definitely pretty awesome if you get a chance :)

Wolf

Seconded.

46 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I can think of no better inspiration for food than Snarf.  haha!  Following!   Thundercats are on the mooooove!

Thunder cats are loose!

31 minutes ago, doctorake said:

Following

Glad to have you.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Fun challenge, I'm sure you will Ranger like the others!

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

THUNDERCATS! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Following again despite having no knowledge of Thundercats beyond the existence of the show.

• Like 2

Starting Weight:     220lbs

Current Weight:     230lbs

Goal Weight:            150lbs

Reboot 2: Perfectionism Horse

Reboot 1: Charity Masquerade Wheel II Wheel Triumphant Present Stumbles

Past Challenges: 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thundercats! HO!

That was SO long ago for me!  It was usually over by the time I got home from school, so I missed the vast majority of it.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Thundercats comes in second (tied) on my list of cartoon shows I have affectionate memories of, though I don't actually think I watched it all that often. I do remember having the sword toy, and I have a belt buckle with the symbol on it somewhere.

Following along again, maybe some of your consistency will rub off on me this time!

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

59 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Fun challenge, I'm sure you will Ranger like the others!

I plan to.

56 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

THUNDERCATS! 

Roar!

48 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

Love the Thundercats theme! Following!

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Atrytone said:

Following again despite having no knowledge of Thurdercats beyond the existence of the show.

I hope you will learn more here as we go on.

21 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

That was SO long ago for me!  It was usually over by the time I got home from school, so I missed the vast majority of it.

For me it was on at the same time as Mr. Rogers, and it was right at the age where I wasn't sure which one I wanted to watch.

11 minutes ago, Sea Level said:

Snarf, snarf.

fa43c764335100e788f197a3a9991a25bae66c1d

Snarf, snarf snarf snarf.

3 minutes ago, obax said:

Thundercats comes in second (tied) on my list of cartoon shows I have affectionate memories of, though I don't actually think I watched it all that often. I do remember having the sword toy, and I have a belt buckle with the symbol on it somewhere.

Following along again, maybe some of your consistency will rub off on me this time!

What was the other tied for second and what was the first?

• Like 2

Current Challenge

17 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What was the other tied for second and what was the first?

The Transformers is first, by a long shot. Optimus Prime is my hero, and has informed my adult life philosophy. Tied for second is He-Man and Thundercats. I have a great fondness when I think of Thundercats, but no specific memories about it. For He-Man, I have a lot more specific memories. I had a plastic Viking costume set and I'd put the chest plate and sword on every time I watched He-Man (I don't know why the chest plate, since He-Man just had those strap things, but then, who really understands the mind of a small child?), and every time Price Adam turned into He-Man I'd stand up and draw my sword and say his little saying along with him, and I'm pretty sure I became He-Man a couple of times. I also remember having a strong hatred of Orko, but I couldn't tell you why, specifically, any more. I was greatly disappointed when I looked up some episodes on YouTube and it wasn't nearly as good as my memory of it... I think He-Man might be alone in second place if I hadn't gone and looked up those YouTube videos.

• Like 3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

3 minutes ago, obax said:

The Transformers is first, by a long shot. Optimus Prime is my hero, and has informed my adult life philosophy. Tied for second is He-Man and Thundercats. I have a great fondness when I think of Thundercats, but no specific memories about it. For He-Man, I have a lot more specific memories. I had a plastic Viking costume set and I'd put the chest plate and sword on every time I watched He-Man (I don't know why the chest plate, since He-Man just had those strap things, but then, who really understands the mind of a small child?), and every time Price Adam turned into He-Man I'd stand up and draw my sword and say his little saying along with him, and I'm pretty sure I became He-Man a couple of times. I also remember having a strong hatred of Orko, but I couldn't tell you why, specifically, any more. I was greatly disappointed when I looked up some episodes on YouTube and it wasn't nearly as good as my memory of it... I think He-Man might be alone in second place if I hadn't gone and looked up those YouTube videos.

I'm with you on Transformers being undisputed first. He-Man certainly didn't age well. I had a He-Man sword that sat right next to the Sword of Omens though.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Ok, I am going to TRY to keep up with your thread this time...

tumblr_lye304AAoY1ro9ob1o1_500.gif

• Like 4

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]