• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sloth the Enduring

Sloth goes far beyond the world I've known

I want to try that cider too! I see now it's local to MN. Might have to hunt it down when I do a race there

Hoping school ends soon. Sounds like it would be great for you to have some time to recharge. Do you teach during the summer too? If not, I sense beast mode coming on.

• Like 4

I agree with Xena, it sounds like having some time off from work will be good for you :) 

Canada is pretty great, you should visit it! BC would be especially good for mountain biking (and hiking and camping and all sorts of rangerly things!)

• Like 1

On April 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad to see you updating again. With all the talking going on in your house, it's not surprising you feel stressed.

Found for "Sloth stress eating gif:"

lazy-sloth-eating-o.gif

That sloth does not look stressed.

On April 28, 2016 at 2:38 PM, The Most Loathed said:

ugh. I feel for you.

Thanks.  It's all over now.

On April 29, 2016 at 0:22 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

I totally understand on the "lots of talk and no one listening". But this will also pass, just hold on/out.

Hey, you cycled? Good! Hope that busy Thursday worked out and you and Slothgirl at least had a good evening.

Slothgirl had had a good time.  The buffet looked like it had a deep scrubbing since we were there last.  A more cynical person might wonder if the health department was involved.

On April 29, 2016 at 9:03 AM, AthenaMM said:

Good luck with everything!

On April 30, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Emma said:

Good luck with the MIL

Step away from the food, just back away and get on your bike.

That at is great advice.  

On April 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Elastigirl said:

My son has love letters, but I've never played it. They played it at Thanksgiving but I was helping in the kitchen (sigh, adulting) I'll have to have him bring it  over sometime and try it.

Adulting is overrated.  

On April 30, 2016 at 11:36 AM, VolkiSevro said:

I'll have to try out Love Letter. It looks really fun :)

Also I hope things become less stressful for you soon and you get back on that bike.

Thanks.  As soon as school is out my life will be golden.  

When someone suggested Love Letters I said sure because I thought it was guillotine which we had a good time with before.

Guillotine-Line.jpg

On April 30, 2016 at 1:02 PM, deftona said:

I love Love Letter. I also kinda want cider now...

My love of cider is second hand English influence.  A guy I knew went to England for a semester and forever after went on and on about how good cider was (Scrumpys I think).

23 hours ago, Xena said:

I want to try that cider too! I see now it's local to MN. Might have to hunt it down when I do a race there

Hoping school ends soon. Sounds like it would be great for you to have some time to recharge. Do you teach during the summer too? If not, I sense beast mode coming on.

You're coming to Minnesota? :) We'll have to meet up at Sociable Ciderworks.  I've never been there, but I got a bunch of free drink tokens at a race they sponsored.  The owner is a 6'4" Viking who mountain bikes.  Nice guy. Grandma's or the Twin Cities Marathon?

Other good ciders that aren't too sweet and might be available elsewhere are Schillings London Dry, Crispin Brown Lane, or one of Seattle Ciders - their dry is too dry, their semi-dry is good, and their citrus is great, but it has to have added sugar.

6 hours ago, maegs said:

I agree with Xena, it sounds like having some time off from work will be good for you :) 

Canada is pretty great, you should visit it! BC would be especially good for mountain biking (and hiking and camping and all sorts of rangerly things!)

26 student-contact days left.  I've never had a year like this.  I'll be glad for it to be over.  I've turned down all school employment offers and trainings, even a couple of interesting full-expense paid with stipend (very rare opportunities) conferences because I will need every moment to recharge.

I'm going to Winnipeg this summer.  That'll be my next taste of Canada.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

My love of cider is second hand English influence.  A guy I knew went to England for a semester and forever after went on and on about how good cider was (Scrumpys I think).

You're coming to Minnesota? :) We'll have to meet up at Sociable Ciderworks.  I've never been there, but I got a bunch of free drink tokens at a race they sponsored.  The owner is a 6'4" Viking who mountain bikes.  Nice guy. Grandma's or the Twin Cities Marathon?

Other good ciders that aren't too sweet and might be available elsewhere are Schillings London Dry, Crispin Brown Lane, or one of Seattle Ciders - their dry is too dry, their semi-dry is good, and their citrus is great, but it has to have added sugar.

Will go on a cider hunt! Can't remember if I've had scrumpy's or just heard about it. Clearly need to investigate this list.

No specific plans yet for MN, but it is one of the states I'm really looking forward to. Grandma's is a total classic, but everyone raves about Twin Cities. I think either would be awesome. Will drop you a line for sure when I make it out that way...maybe 2017.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

26 student-contact days left.  I've never had a year like this.  I'll be glad for it to be over.  I've turned down all school employment offers and trainings, even a couple of interesting full-expense paid with stipend (very rare opportunities) conferences because I will need every moment to recharge.

I'm going to Winnipeg this summer.  That'll be my next taste of Canada.  

26 days and subtracting! Recharge buddy, recharge!

• Like 2

4/30/16 Saturday

Another crazy- busy day. highlight was brunch with the boy.  We went to a bar and grill for steak and eggs.  One of my high school classmates was working there.  I can't believe I ever talked to her in high school, but she was very friendly and chatty. 

Riding: 54 minutes on trainer after the kids went to bed. 

Other Stuff: shovel deadlifts 5X5 at 35#. 1 round Shovelglove at 16#, just to get the back moving.

Eating: good IIRC, no liquor.

5/1/16 Sunday

Mayday, Minneapolis's freak-fest.  It was tame this year, but we had a good time.

Riding: 25 miles.  I was slow.

Other Stuff: nope. 

Eating: good, no liquor. 

Challenge round up- overall grade = meh.

Riding: meh, I can't say I rode as much as I could. 

Other stuff: meh, I should have done more. 

Eating: fail.  I let the sugar monkey back on my back.

• Like 7

Pretty succinct challenge wrap-up. That's the way it is sometimes.

I say just train as best you can the next few weeks so your body will be prepared for epic adventures this summer :-)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

Challenge round up- overall grade = meh.

Riding: meh, I can't say I rode as much as I could. 

Other stuff: meh, I should have done more. 

Eating: fail.  I let the sugar monkey back on my back.

"Meh"?

Meh!

3D abstract of one character kicking another in the rear end - stock photo

• Like 2

On May 2, 2016 at 10:45 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

I love how you spend so much one-on-one time with your kids.

I can't afford a babysitter.

15 hours ago, Xena said:

Pretty succinct challenge wrap-up. That's the way it is sometimes.

I say just train as best you can the next few weeks so your body will be prepared for epic adventures this summer :-)

It was a simple challenge, there wasn't much to say.  June 4 is the first big race; I have until then. 

2 hours ago, peelout said:

"Meh"?

Meh!

3D abstract of one character kicking another in the rear end - stock photo

Nice, that's just what I need most days.

1 hour ago, deftona said:

:) Father Ted :) 

I am themeless, but I'll post a new challenge soon.  It will look a lot like this one.  The next five will probably look like this one.  If you're getting bored come back in October, things may be different.

• Like 5