Sylvaa Channels Her Inner Muses

Sylvaa

tumblr_mhhv7oRsbv1rjl16lo1_500.gif

Let's talk about the muses. Those sassy women of Greek mythology with great hair. I've had my own frustrations and need a muse - so I went to the source for this challenge.

• Calliope is the muse of epic poetry running.
    • It's about 6 weeks until my Beast and I need to get my feet moving. So for this challenge, I am increasing my mileage to 12 miles per week. I would ultimately like to split this up into three days of 3 (intervals) / 4 (hills) / 5 (long and slow). With it getting nicer and being able to run outside, this might vary depending on the available terrain. I'm also okay with track workouts counting toward mileage
  • Clio is the muse of history (food tracking).
    • In this case, worrying about my weight is history. I keep getting frustrated because I feel like all I do is concern myself with what I eat and how much and my weight doesn't budge. The truth is, I don't have a weight goal. I've been fluctuating between 175 and 185 for months now and the only reason I am using that as a benchmark is because it is easily trackable. As long as I can lift my body up over obstacles and swing from monkey bars, I don't really care about the number. So I'm tracking food for two reasons; as a baseline of how I really eat and to make sure I get adequate nutrition to fuel my muscles (re: protein). 
  • Erato is the muse of (self) love poetry.
    • Oh god I am bad at this. I'm so critical of myself and depreciating in regards to positive changes. So once a week, I'm going to figure out something about myself that I love and I'm going to post. Please feel free to join me - I think most of us are bad at this.
  • Euterpe is the muse of (heavy metal) music.
    • Lifting. I'm following one of the bodybuilding.com plans; True Muscle Trainer, which is a 4 x/ week set up. I like it because it is pretty easy to customize based upon being on the road.
  • Melpomene is the muse of tragedy.
    • ala @deftona P:BAEC. Because it's a tragedy my ass doesn't look better than it does! Any combination of booty building exercises in addition to my current strength training regime.
  • Polyhymnia is the muse of sacred poetry.
    • Research and decide on using a bullet journal for personal and / or work
  • Terpsichore is the muse of dance.
    • Here you go @Teros Sylvaa Begrudgingly Stretches. I have been naturally flexible for most of my life, but have seen a decrease in this as I age. Someone I follow is starting a 30 day yoga series April 1st. I might also am going to participate in this. 
  • Thalia is the muse of comedy.
    • This is also TBD
  • Urania is the muse of astronomy.
    • Throughout this challenge, I am going to reach for the stars and help motivate not only myself but others as well. 
  • You all are also my muses.
    • For this challenge, I need some help. In my spreadsheet, I have a tab to pick a week. Throughout that week, I will ask you to stop by my thread and comment with a letter (A-J) and a number (2-11), which will correspond to additional workouts that I will do that day. You can also give me a workout to do if you feel sadistic brave enough to!

I keep editing my post! Everyone is having these cute little introductions, so here is mine:

Spoiler

In 2003, my weight hit 250 lbs (after the birth of my children). I was able to lose and keep off 25 lbs through a diet a doctor I worked for was developing. I then lost and kept off another 25 lbs through diet and exercise (mainly T-25) in 2010. I found NF in January 2015 after being frustrated by my plateau. I have been here ever since. I am 33 (I was a young mom!), currently work as a consultant, got married in 2013 and inherited two lovely step-children, so now I've got 4 teenagers (okay, the youngest is 12) to deal with. 

• Like 13

tumblr_lvvxk4dvjE1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Is it bad or a sign that I watched this the other day? ;)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

rDRSV.gif

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I do love Meg! She has spirit :)

• Like 1

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

9 hours ago, RES said:

Is it bad or a sign that I watched this the other day? ;)

It is a sign.... potentially a scary sign for the rest of NF, but good for us!

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

rDRSV.gif

You know I was following as soon as I saw Thundercats!

39 minutes ago, LadyWitch said:

I do love Meg! She has spirit :)

9 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Meg is my spirit animal. Person? You get the idea. :)

giphy.gif

I am Meg. For real. 

tumblr_m982739E4q1qkbam1o1_r1_500.gif

• Like 7

Beautiful! Following as usual. :)

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm excited to follow along, this is going to be great!

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

awesome theme!  gonna watch you rock this.  :D

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Hercules is one of my favorites! Okay, to be fair, I like most Disney movies coming out of that era (time frame? decade?)

tumblr_n2wjxmqJOO1tprbhjo1_500.gif

Yesterday, I did nothing exercise related. I went out to dinner with our fabulous Guild Leader. Even though we waited an hour to be seated, it was super fun. Although, note to self, make sure the words that come out of my mouth are appropriate.... 

I was going to exercise when I came back, but instead I read a trashy romance, drank some tea, and finished my chocolate. Today is go home day so there is no exercise today either (I am a slacker). I'll make up for it this weekend.

Also, tomorrow, we are hopefully getting the occupancy permit! (If anyone is new / missed a challenge, we had a house fire in December and have been living in a rental ever since while they renovate our second floor). So if that goes well, this weekend will include basement cleaning, furniture moving, and furniture assembling - hello a trailer full of Ikea!

• Like 7

I found your challenge!!! Awesome stuff, Sylvaa!

Hercules is one of my faves- it was about time we got a good hearted red headed hero, ya know :)

giphy.gif

Wolf

"Daddy needs to express some Rage."

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.