Sylvaa Channels Her Inner Muses

Sylvaa

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!  I have so many threads to catch up on!

Quick update:

Our occupancy permit inspection occurred on Friday, so now we are cleared to begin the moving in process (still waiting for final cleaning to be finished). Spent the weekend unloading and building furniture so not a lot of organized working out occurred. That being said, moving 50+ pound boxes of furniture totally counts! My daughter's room is almost put together (need to bolt the headboard to the wall) and my marriage survived the first weekend of Ikea furniture assembly (joking - it's really pretty easy and we did well).

On top of that, I've developed a head cold which is making the beginning of the week super fun! I'm going to play tonight by ear depending on how I'm feeling - being stuffy and on a plane is not a fun experience. Still planning to do something tonight though; @Tanktimus the Encourager you are up first, so either pick two workouts or two letter / number combinations (A-K and 2-11) and I will add them in tonight with yoga. 

• Like 8

D-11 and B-9.

Glad you guys are getting back into the house.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

D-11 and B-9.

You sank my battleship D:

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

You definitely have to get uncomfortable to get comfortable...then repeat the process :) 

18 hours ago, fleaball said:

You sank my battleship D:

Very Clever. Me likey!

Happy Tuesday, Sylvaa.

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

So yesterday, I did nothing and it was glorious.

I got back to the hotel and felt like crap, so I hit up the Executive Lounge for a hot toddy, got some Thai delivery, and was in bed and asleep before 10. I felt guilty about doing nothing at all, but this morning, when I woke up and felt 100 times better, I knew it was worth it. I can breathe guys!

So I'll be moving all of my exercises to today. I am still not going to run - I definitely still have congestion, but workouts are back on the table. 

tumblr_m78fppDidu1rx8txeo1_500.gif

• Like 8

Guys! We have furniture back in our house!

Clio - done! It'll be interesting tomorrow though because I didn't have time to make my normal overnight oats.
Erato - on target for tomorrow On Wednesdays, we love ourselves
Melpomene - P:BAEC was a success. Toe taps, leg lifts, donkey kicks, glute bridges, and these horrible butterfly things.
Terpsichore - back on schedule with this. I'm still not loving yoga, but meh
Urania - completed Monday
You - @Tanktimus the Encourager did a lovely job of picking a leg and ab workout for me that I completed today. I'll need three more combinations (A-I and 2-11 - I deleted the yoga column with the yoga challenge going on) for tomorrow! 

• Like 7

A-7, H-10, B-11. Have fun!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A-7, H-10, B-11. Have fun!

Do you actually look at this, or are you just like - yay! random! 

My newest directive: on Wednesday's, we will love ourselves!

One thing I am really proud of is how my back and my arms are developing as I workout. I have always felt that my arms were my worst feature - that they weren't very strong and not defined and just weak. I still don't think I do very heavy weights considering, but I have seen a lot of improvement anyway. I have such trouble attaching real pictures to my posts, but here is a link to a picture if you are interested! Sorry it's a bathroom - the lighting was best there.

• Like 8

Looking strong! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

13 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Very much the second one. Your arms look good. Bench press, squat, pull ups (or negatives) and push ups will all build up your arms.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Wait, did you post the things attached to the numbers and letters? I literally thought we were going into this blind and was going to pick shit and be like "lol bingo"

High five for those arms!

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

3 minutes ago, fleaball said:

I literally thought we were going into this blind and was going to pick shit and be like "lol bingo"

I meeeean, we're all planning to do that anyway, right? :P

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

9 hours ago, fleaball said:

Wait, did you post the things attached to the numbers and letters? I literally thought we were going into this blind and was going to pick shit and be like "lol bingo"

I must have missed it, this is what I thought too! LOL

Nice arms!!

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Very much the second one. Your arms look good. Bench press, squat, pull ups (or negatives) and push ups will all build up your arms.

I wondered. You picked the Booty Builder workout and the Hot Bod workout yesterday and I laughed. I've actually been focusing on being able to do a pull up, which I think where about 80% of the definition has come from. That and genetics, where most of my fat is carried in the lower body.

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

High five for those arms!

10 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I meeeean, we're all planning to do that anyway, right? :P

38 minutes ago, RES said:

I must have missed it, this is what I thought too! LOL

Nice arms!!

Thanks everyone for the confidence boost! My spreadsheet has all of the workouts listed with links (they are all things I can do on the road with the equipment available to me). I wanted to give you all the ability to pick if you wanted to. I also wanted to keep keep track of the ones I've done and let you all see so I didn't have to repeat unless you wanted to. 

23 minutes ago, Tyburn Lil said:

Jealous of those arms! :|

Most of the definition I've gotten has been from body weight / light weights. I've gone from not being able to do a push-up to being able to do 5 and working on pull ups (depending on the number, I'm 40%-50% assist). My point is, that while everyone is different, it's totally possible to see improvement without trying to lift all the weights or even being in that great of shape. You'll have pics like that soon!

• Like 3

I love the theme of your challenge!! You picked some great goals too :)

i need to to take a leaf out of your book and track my food intake for the right reasons (i.e. Feeding self properly) instead of worrying about some random number that doesn't mean much anyway

• Like 2

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

5 minutes ago, Garjan said:

I love the theme of your challenge!! You picked some great goals too :)

i need to to take a leaf out of your book and track my food intake for the right reasons (i.e. Feeding self properly) instead of worrying about some random number that doesn't mean much anyway

I'll be rooting for you! The thing for me is the mindset of the number. I'm 5'10 or 5'11. I don't want to sacrifice strength to his a weight number that someone 6 inches shorter than me might be trying to hit. It's funny too, because I know people on the website that are starting out at my weight and looking to lose 50 lbs and I'm over here like, yay, my BMI is in the "normal" range! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

I'll be rooting for you! The thing for me is the mindset of the number. I'm 5'10 or 5'11. I don't want to sacrifice strength to his a weight number that someone 6 inches shorter than me might be trying to hit. It's funny too, because I know people on the website that are starting out at my weight and looking to lose 50 lbs and I'm over here like, yay, my BMI is in the "normal" range! 

Haha thanks! Yeah the mindset of the number becomes needlessly obsessive for me - especially since as you mentioned different people have different natural healthy states based on build, exercise/life goals, etc. Even other people your same height could have different ideas on what number is good. It's almost like a healthy lifestyle red herring - something that seems important to your mission but really might not be. 

(if that makes any sense at all... :P)

• Like 2

2021 Reading Challenge | Walk to Mordor

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

1 minute ago, Garjan said:

Haha thanks! Yeah the mindset of the number becomes needlessly obsessive for me - especially since as you mentioned different people have different natural healthy states based on build, exercise/life goals, etc. Even other people your same height could have different ideas on what number is good. It's almost like a healthy lifestyle red herring - something that seems important to your mission but really might not be. 

(if that makes any sense at all... :P)

It totally does and I think that is a great way to look at it! 

I want to accomplish two things:

1. Improve my OCR times / abilities. I know I can do this by getting stronger and increasing cardiovascular endurance. Losing weight will help me have less mass to pull along, but does it matter how much mass I have if I can pull it up a rope and over walls? Also, at this point, getting stronger should be my focus (mainly because I'd have to hit about 90 lbs to be able to currently pull myself over a wall and that's not happening).

2. Improve my self-confidence. I know that obsessing over a number isn't helping this. I fluctuate between 170 and 180 (I've pretty much gotten over the 185 hump), but I'm in a US size 10 pant / medium shirt. I'm pretty sure that there are people on this site who would willingly smack me for not seeing this as an accomplishment.

If you haven't read this article, check it out! I'm pretty sure I link it regularly. I think we get conditioned to think about perfection instead of progress. I'm on my own personal journey to figure out what this body I've got can do. (Spoiler: next year it's going to include a triathlon)

• Like 6

Whoaaaa you are 3-4" taller than me. Spartan's gonna be interesting. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi