Sylvaa Channels Her Inner Muses

Sylvaa

I got all my shit from college and high school. My hubby's parents are cleaning house and they saved everything. All the crap he had as a kid. Tons of papers. I have a whole 12×12' storage space to go thru. Long story. Picked up the KonMari book. Trying to read to hubby.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

@fleaball got my act together and did your workout choices. Glad you had fun with those. You can pick two more for me to get through tomorrow!

missed this. B3 and E9 if it's not too late. Sorry!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I got all my shit from college and high school. My hubby's parents are cleaning house and they saved everything. All the crap he had as a kid. Tons of papers. I have a whole 12×12' storage space to go thru. Long story. Picked up the KonMari book. Trying to read to hubby.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Luckily, my husband has been pretty good about me and my tendency to purge. Through unpacking, we've found another 4 boxes of things to donate and that doesn't include all the barbie stuff that we took to the gym for the childcare room! We haven't emptied a box without making sure we really want the things that are in it and keep just throwing things away. I love it. 

• Like 2

So I've been spreading myself way too thin over the past few weeks and I think it caught up with me over the past two weeks.

I had something pretty crappy happen on my project a few weeks ago. I made a mistake, which doesn't sound bad - but the magnitude of the mistake was pretty big in the grand scheme of the project. The dust has finally settled on the situation, but we are under some pretty big pressure right now with everything going on. 

I've also gotten myself into a funk, feeling unprepared for my race next month. I want direction and to do really well, but being on the road has frustrated me because I'm so limited with equipment (and that's with a pretty nice gym!). I know there are so many bodyweight exercises I can do that will work just as well, but in a funk, it's hard to see that. 

So I'm working my way out of that funk, slowly but surely. 

My thoughts for today:

efd4b1157b6c5c139b5806c31574809a.jpg

lauren-stubborn-and-flexible.jpg

f5a482efda551df39320e2d1e7ae902d.jpg

• Like 5

:( So sorry about all the crap that's happening. That's rough and you've got a bunch of random shit happening between the house and everything else too. But you are super badass and I believe in you! You'll overcome it.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Ugh. It's such a terrible feeling when something like that happens at work. That kind of stress on top of moving in and training for your race must be really tough. If anyone get through it though, it's you! 

We're all here cheering you on. 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'll be okay. 

Then again, now I'm freaking out because I got race dates mixed up and thought the Spartan was the end of the month and the Tough Mudder I was going to do (but now am not, unless someone wants to run with me - it's in Chicago) was at the end. 

So now the first weekend of May I'll be racing in my first Beast. Oh god. All the burpees!

• Like 4

Man I was just looking at the Tough Mudder site the other day. But don't get any ideas because it's not happening. Let me finish the baby race without breaking myself, then we can make other plans. 

Don't freak out! Make new friends. And learn to love the burpees.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Man I was just looking at the Tough Mudder site the other day. But don't get any ideas because it's not happening. Let me finish the baby race without breaking myself, then we can make other plans. 

Don't freak out! Make new friends. And learn to love the burpees.

I was looking at a Warrior Dash, but it is the same day we are doing the Sprint (sad face!).

I've still got a race credit - I am debating about adding in some more races still. I've got issues.

You can always take a trip to Florida for the Savage Race. By then, maybe @RES will be living down there and it can really be a party!

• Like 5

Mmmm. If I get a decently paying gig this summer and don't wind up breaking myself physically, that could be a possibility.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Flea, I need you to define 'baby race'?

Cause looking at these y'all are talking about and all I can think of is my complete lack of upper body strength and no way in hell could I do one! LOL

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Flea, I need you to define 'baby race'?

Cause looking at these y'all are talking about and all I can think of is my complete lack of upper body strength and no way in hell could I do one! LOL

Did you miss the post in my thread last night where I said 12-pound things of rock salt were heavy? D: My entire summer is going to be spent getting good at burpees because fuck if I'm going to manage half the obstacles they expect me to do. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Did you miss the post in my thread last night where I said 12-pound things of rock salt were heavy? D: My entire summer is going to be spent getting good at burpees because fuck if I'm going to manage half the obstacles they expect me to do. 

I saw that....my weight limit on my right arm is 25 (nerve damage) :P and I never managed to learn how to do a proper burpee lol

So, which one is the 'baby race'?

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 - cute is consistent

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I saw that....my weight limit on my right arm is 25 (nerve damage) :P and I never managed to learn how to do a proper burpee lol

Did you gals miss my write up on the Sprint last year? First of all, there are really only a few obstacles that are fully upper body exercises - most are full body or have a component of technique that can replace the upper body requirements (think rope climb). Second of all, since we aren't elite racers, helping each other is encouraged! When I did the Sprint, there were only a few obstacles that I couldn't do and the volunteers were even helping! 

FWIW, if you look at the points assigned to each of the race types (if any of us were elite racers), there isn't a huge points difference between the three - in fact it is a grand total of 12. I'm taking this to mean that even though the Beasts are longer, there isn't a huge difference in difficulty.

While it is a good idea to make sure you are good at burpees, I think you will get going and be surprised at how much you can really do. Also, I think that we should totally schedule a meet up around a mud run. 

• Like 4

That's a legit reason. I'm calling the Sprint a baby race in comparison to the other insanity. It's only 3 miles, vs a Tough Mudder I think is 10? And one of the other Spartans is 13? 

Did you gals miss my write up on the Sprint last year? First of all, there are really only a few obstacles that are fully upper body exercises - most are full body or have a component of technique that can replace the upper body requirements (think rope climb). Second of all, since we aren't elite racers, helping each other is encouraged! When I did the Sprint, there were only a few obstacles that I couldn't do and the volunteers were even helping! 

FWIW, if you look at the points assigned to each of the race types (if any of us were elite racers), there isn't a huge points difference between the three - in fact it is a grand total of 12. I'm taking this to mean that even though the Beasts are longer, there isn't a huge difference in difficulty.

While it is a good idea to make sure you are good at burpees, I think you will get going and be surprised at how much you can really do. Also, I think that we should totally schedule a meet up around a mud run. 

I definitely missed that write up. But this is good to know. And I super vote for a meetup. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I think you will get going and be surprised at how much you can really do. 

I've never done a Spartan, but having done several other mud runs, including 2 Tough Mudders, I'll second this statement.  All the ladies I've run them with are always worried about their upper body strength, and so far none of them have had any actual reason to worry.  

Which isn't to say you should slack off on training that area, but don't put so much pressure on yourself that you give up either.  

Also, I'm now following like I should have been at the beginning! :P

• Like 4

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've never done a Spartan, but having done several other mud runs, including 2 Tough Mudders, I'll second this statement.  All the ladies I've run them with are always worried about their upper body strength, and so far none of them have had any actual reason to worry.  

Which isn't to say you should slack off on training that area, but don't put so much pressure on yourself that you give up either.  

Also, I'm now following like I should have been at the beginning! :P

You are such a slacker - and here I was checking out your supplement page! (Seriously, but I think Legion supplements are going to win out). 

TLDR race recap: I only failed 4 obstacles - monkey bars (didn't prepare - I can do them now), rope climb (didn't try - need to find a rope to practice technique), spear throw (this isn't unusual), and rings / rig (again, didn't prepare - not sure I could do them now, but I can try). That is still 120 burpees, but there were 20 ish obstacles, so that's not a bad %. 

Edit: and I've shown pictures of my arms - that definition is post-Spartan. Also, I was about 10 lbs heavier then. So there's that. 

• Like 5

TLDR race recap: I only failed 4 obstacles - monkey bars (didn't prepare - I can do them now), rope climb (didn't try - need to find a rope to practice technique), spear throw (this isn't unusual), and rings / rig (again, didn't prepare - not sure I could do them now, but I can try). That is still 120 burpees, but there were 20 ish obstacles, so that's not a bad %. 

Not bad at all!  And the real kicker here is that you know why you weren't able to do them, and can form and attack a plan to fix that in the future.  Well done! Can't wait for the full non-TLDR recap! (assuming there is one)

You are such a slacker - and here I was checking out your supplement page! (Seriously, but I think Legion supplements are going to win out).

I know, I know!  haha.  The downside of 4 week challenges.  I forget to go follow everyone's NEW thread.  

As for the supps, thank you for checking them out!  Can you tell me why you're leaning towards the Legion supps?  I might be able to answer questions or offer more info about it.  PM me if you don't want to clutter up your thread.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Not bad at all!  And the real kicker here is that you know why you weren't able to do them, and can form and attack a plan to fix that in the future.  Well done! Can't wait for the full non-TLDR recap! (assuming there is one)

I know, I know!  haha.  The downside of 4 week challenges.  I forget to go follow everyone's NEW thread.  

As for the supps, thank you for checking them out!  Can you tell me why you're leaning towards the Legion supps?  I might be able to answer questions or offer more info about it.  PM me if you don't want to clutter up your thread.  

You'll see a race recap at the beginning of the next challenge. May 7th is the Beast date! This is the year of the Trifecta /rawr!

Speaking of which, I still need to register for the TM - as long as you guys aren't going to leave me in the dust!

I'll PM ya!

• Like 2

Sounds good!  Is that the Chicago TM you're looking at?  

GO GO TRIFECTA!!  Have you seen the little Trifecta Pyramid things they have now?  

No, I think I've decided to not do the Chicago. I'm planning on the VT TM though still - it's just a matter of driving up instead of flying home. 

I have seen the pyramids - they are really cool. I'm waiting until I do the HH and Agoge for that though!

• Like 2

No, I think I've decided to not do the Chicago. I'm planning on the VT TM though still - it's just a matter of driving up instead of flying home. 

No kidding?!  Well, that's awesome!  That's the one myself and @Kyellan are running.  Shoot for the 10am start time if you can.  That's when the rest of us Nerds are scheduled to run it. 

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

No kidding?!  Well, that's awesome!  That's the one myself and @Kyellan are running.  Shoot for the 10am start time if you can.  That's when the rest of us Nerds are scheduled to run it. 

I know silly, I've been following the thread since you posted it (the one in the NE Area Meetups). 

I will get on that. 

• Like 3

I know silly, I've been following the thread since you posted it (the one in the NE Area Meetups). 

I will get on that. 

Umm.  Yea.  I knew that........I was making sure you knew.......Yep.  That's it. :P

Sorry.  I'm at work, and this job makes me a little scatterbrained sometimes.  One of the (many) reasons I'm looking for a new job.  haha. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Maybe @RisenPhoenix too, if we all wish hard enough. Or maybe just harass him enough. =)

Also, hi Sylvaa. ::waves:: It would be great to have you on our Mudder team! After all, the more, the less likely we all fail miserably! :D 

• Like 3

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |