So, Schaengel and I have organised a PvP with each other, to hopefully motivate use to get off our asses and start working. We'll be following a little Terry Pratchett inspired character themes, and we hope you'll enjoy watching our little activity!

Also, I think we've both happy to accept PvPs for the future on different themes, so hit me up if you're interested in doing one with me!

• Like 4

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest

So, Schaengel and I have organised a PvP with each other, to hopefully motivate use to get off our asses and start working. We'll be following a little Terry Pratchett inspired character themes, and we hope you'll enjoy watching our little activity!

Also, I think we've both happy to accept PvPs for the future on different themes, so hit me up if you're interested in doing one with me!

Great idea!! :D 

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

So, not much longer until this semester is over! Here are all the assignments I have left:

Children and Teen's Nonfiction

• Graphic Novels Forum Posts - read articles and make at least 3 posts about them. Due 4/24/16
  • Reference Book Reviews - read and review 3 reference works. Due 4/24/16
  • Reference Forum Posts - read and review 2 reference works and posts about them, reply to at least two other people. Due 4/24/16
  • Collection Development Paper - visit a local library, examine their collection, pretend it is mine and write a set of policies about it. Due 5/1/16

Social Media Analysis

• Homework #6- Create a concept map about the paper “Tweeting Supertyphoon Haiyan: Evolving Functions of Twitter during and after a Disaster Event.”; Create a tweet asking for help in the two following situations: Flooding in my home due to weather, and a shooting at the mall  - Due 4/21/16
  • Assignment #6 - Not yet assigned. Presumably due 4/27/16, but our teacher has a habit of changing due dates from what the syllabus tells us. 
  • Group Project Final Report and Presentation - Presumably due 5/4/16

My goal for this week is to get everything done for my Nonfiction class and my homework for Social Media done so I can focus on just the group project next week and the week after. Basically that just means doing the collection development project this week as well as the assignments due this week. We will see how that goes....

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

And the battle begins...

Bel-Shamaroth, used to living in the dungeon dimension, now confronted with the real (disc)world starts thrashing around with his tentacles, grabbing for everything in its vicinity.

Bel-Shamaroths:

Write 1 page of Management summary per day (1/5)

Learn 20 minutes of Spanish per day (1/5)

Have a clean and organized work desk at the end of the week (0/1)

It's working already, did 30 minutes of spanish with duolingo also had a look in the lecture book. Pushed myself to write the first Management learning page, no work at the work desk. :)

• Like 2

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

There was no answer to her rather polietly worded request, and Safyre jumped backwards with a yell, hacking down at the tentacles that came her way. "I will reign victorious!"

Safyre the Angry's Goal for the Week

Work on maths for 25+ minutes ever day (1/5)

Work on DT coursework 25+ minutes every day (1/5)

Organise and clean all subject folders (0/1)  

Ended up doing a lot of sawing and lathing for DT during lunch, which was great fun, and then maths as I got home. Half a Decision paper, and the plan is to do statistics tomorrow. Hopefully we achieve a stalemate at the end!

• Like 2

Panda  

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

The dungeon dimensions contain mainly potential...they lack actual matter that's why everything from those dimension wants to get to the real world. It also means that Bel-Shamaroth was experiencing quite a lot of new matter-related feelings. One of them was pain resulting from this pink fleshy thing. Even though Bel-Shamaroth didn't knew the concept of pain or fighting yet it felt like there should be something done to end the pain. So Bel-Shamaroth started to grab everything in it's surroundings, pillars, rocks, beams and so on and started hurling them in the direction of the pink fleshy thing.

Bel-Shamaroths:

Write 1 page of Management summary per day (2/5)

Learn 20 minutes of Spanish per day (2/5)

Panic drives me to write the Management stuff (even more than one page today) because I found out the exam is next week...Ooops I imagined I had more time.

Also did another 20 minutes of spanish with duolingo. It's an okay page but without the knowledge I already had (taking the course last semester but skipping the exam) it wouldn't be as good and motivating as it is now.

Desk still looks like a war-zone ;)

• Like 2

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

It was a distinct not-scream that came loose from Safyre's mouth as the monster only redoubled in attacking her, limbs flailing in a chaotic drawing that she couldn't see, on account of her being rather concentrated on the blocks of loose rock and wood that was flying towards her. Very quickly, she was starting to get a stitch on her side, and regretted choosing such a heavy weapon for her barbarian training.

Work on maths for 25+ minutes ever day (2/5)

Work on DT coursework 25+ minutes every day (2/5)

Maths, there's a practise paper due tomorrow that I've been doing, and I've started getting my DT work onto a pdf for a report. To be honest, I only did my DT because of this :P

The pile of books on my side is only growing, which is counterproductive, but it will be dealt with. 

Also good/bad news. Managed to get a nice job, however, its just more a time suck, and I've got to deal with Education Schemes, coursework, and the exams in a month. I can feel my mind fracturing.

• Like 4

Panda  

Bel-Shamaroth noticed that the pink thing wasn't moving as fast as in the beginning but because he was moving and flailing so much his pain kept spreading in his newly created body, and so did this new feeling, this need to destroy, the need to smash the pink thing to pulp. So while looking around in the chaos that he created Bel-Shamaroths eye found this big black shiny flagstone. Using his tentacles he raised the stone over his head and started to draw nearer to the pink thing.

Bel-Shamaroths:

Write 1 page of Management summary per day (3/5)

Learn 20 minutes of Spanish per day (3/5)

Forgot to post yesterday (oopsie) but did my stuff :) . Management writes itself as the fear of ruining my grades becomes bigger and bigger everyday so that's working but not nice. On the other hand Spanisch is fun again at the moment and I will join the course at my university again when I'm done with this '*%#$ exam next week...

• Like 1

Bel-Shamaroth drew nearer and nearer and then he was in range for the big hit. He took a lot, nearly all of the newly found power he had and drove the flagstone down...

Bel-Shamaroths:

Write 1 page of Management summary per day (4/5)

Learn 20 minutes of Spanish per day (4/5)

• Like 1

Safyre screamed wildly as she chopped and hacked at the tentacles, feeling her arms begin to burn fiercely. She hadn't gone through such a ringer in so long, unable to truly find her match. Then a whooshing sound came from above her head and she leaped out the way, trying to roll to safely. Unfortunately, the rock and wood underfoot bruised her back, and shards of the flagstone ripped at her skin. Safyre screamed again and started to run forwards, battleaxe held above her as she went to take the monster's eye.

Work on maths for 25+ minutes ever day (4/5)

Work on DT coursework 25+ minutes every day (4/5)

This PvP is so good it is forcing me to work and I am crying :P

Shall we finish this together? Do we both die or live....

• Like 2

Panda  

She screamed and charged and charged and screamed, when her foot suddenly caught on a piece of loose rubble. She tripped, arms flailing wildly, when her momentum was stopped with her axe in the monster's singular eye. It screamed and thrashed, and Safrye was thrown to the side, armour barely abdorbing the impact. But she had won! With a victorious smile, she waited till the monster truly died, then pulled her axe out, swinging it onto her shoulder and sauntering out the cave into the bright sunlight.

And that would be the beginning of Safyre the Angry's saga, if there were more monsters for her to fight ...

Work on maths for 25+ minutes ever day (4/5)

Work on DT coursework 25+ minutes every day (5/5)

So, didn't quite get there, maths once again conquering me. I got home and had a nap, then relaxed with some Dragon Age. Dt coursework fun happened at school, but being at home is so unproductive for me. 

But this was really fun, thank you @Schaengel!!! Really motivated me to get off my arse and do some stuff. I'm ready for a rematch at any time :P  Also open to others to battle me and see me win or lose. 

• Like 2

Panda  

...the end...or is it?

Bel-Shamaroths:

Write 1 page of Management summary per day (4/5)

Learn 20 minutes of Spanish per day (4/5)

Yeah long day at university and an evening of not giving a f'ck lead to my defeat. Got more done than without the PVP so overall a big win I would say. I'm up for another PVP and or a rematch if anyone likes :)

• Like 2

So I just was going through my homework app and i realize just how near the end of the semester we are.

Anatomy and Physiology Lecture

• Quiz (5/2)
  • Extra Credit Assignment (5/5)
  • Final (5/5 or 5/9)

Anatomy and Physiology Lab

• Quiz (4/25)
  • Lab Practical (5/2)

Clinical

• Anecdotal Record / Misc Paperwork (4/26)

Nursing Concepts

• Stress and Anxiety Exam (4/28)
  • Final Exam (5/9)

Health Assessment and Promotion

• Final Exam (4/29)

It's been the month of testing... but it's almost over, and I'm pretty excited about that. Just have to finish off the last of these.

• Like 3

Level 1 Elf Rebel Ranger

STR 0.15 || DEX 0.00 || STA 0.36 || CON 4.71 || WIS 6.47 || CHA 3.32

Character Profile || Fitbit

Battle Log || Current Challenge

I've just lost about 2 weeks of study routine and monograph production.

My grandmother was really sick and I was helping out, but unfortunately she passed away about a week ago. I couldn't do anything that week besides helping my family and taking care of my own feelings.

I've returned to my normal routine today, I couldn't lose another day at the internship...

I need to go back to my monography routine, I've lost 2 weeks already and need to focus and start writing this week.

I'm not a Native English speaker, so please bear with any mistakes and gently point them out for me :smile:

Intro & Log

Study Hall (Accountabilibuddies)

STR:8   -   INT:17   -   WIS:15   -   DEX:11   -   CON:7   -   CHR:15

(Stats from AD&D Quiz) 

Sorry for your loss, hope you can get back into your routine somehow :/

Also @Girl-Meet-World I fear we have to do another PVP soon because I need someone to motivate me to learn for my second try at management :/

• Like 1

I have 66 hours to write a 6000-word paper. I'm at 632 words right now but that's only because I'm doing my bibliography first and that's included in the word count. Otherwise I've barely started. (And I have 3 other papers due between now and Sunday night.)

Will you all still love me when I fail out of grad school? D:

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope everything is able to get better soon.

Sorry for your loss, hope you can get back into your routine somehow :/

Thanks guys, little by little I'm getting better

I have 66 hours to write a 6000-word paper. I'm at 632 words right now but that's only because I'm doing my bibliography first and that's included in the word count. Otherwise I've barely started. (And I have 3 other papers due between now and Sunday night.)

Will you all still love me when I fail out of grad school? D:

wow, hope you get to finish everything, cheering for ya

• Like 1

I'm not a Native English speaker, so please bear with any mistakes and gently point them out for me :smile:

Intro & Log

(Stats from AD&D Quiz) 

This week was all about recovering the time lost from the last 2 weeks, finding groups for the works that have been assigned in my absence and trying to cope with my demotivation.

One assignment I have to do for next Wednesday is about my family tree and the relationship with every member of it, I got pretty down when I started organizing in my head how to do, I remembered a lot of things about my grandma and grandpa's roles in my childhood... but the afternoon at the cinema with a friend of mine and the night I spent drinking at the park with some friends helped a lot.

Well, on the bright side of the week:

I recently discussed with a friend who's at economics about my monograph and he ended up talking with the HR director of his university's Junior Organization project.

They implemented gamification processes there, and the feedback might be useful for my monograph, and it seems the director is interested in helping me out with the stats (everyone at this junior organization is a student at his university)

He gave me her contact today after 23pm, I'm going send her a message this weekend or Monday, wish me luck ^^

• Like 4

Intro & Log

(Stats from AD&D Quiz) 

Oh man. I started this semester taking 3 classes, and also had 4 final papers left over from the fall semester because I got super sick at the end of it. I just turned in the last outstanding paper so I'm officially done with my first year of grad school? And I'm not sure what to do with myself. (I'm also terrified because a couple of these papers were not my best work. Which is what happens when you have 3 due in the same 24-hour period and don't get to sleep. Also when you're a terrible procrastinator.) Cross your fingers for me y'all.

And congrats to everyone who's done by now/good luck to everyone who's still going! 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

On 4/26/2016 at 9:53 PM, Schaengel said:

Also @Girl-Meet-World I fear we have to do another PVP soon because I need someone to motivate me to learn for my second try at management :/

My exams are in two weeks, so I am totally up for it!

On 4/27/2016 at 1:27 AM, SirPrize said:

Thanks guys, little by little I'm getting better

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. <3

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

Cross your fingers for me y'all.

Good luck! 

I've officially entered exam month, with the first one on the 18th. And still my revision is lacking. The procrastinators struggle. :/  Coursework on track to finish by Friday, though I do need to do a lot more for it. 

• Like 3

Panda  

New boards are up!

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

20 hours ago, fleaball said:

I'm also terrified because a couple of these papers were not my best work.

considering what you went through, and the people you worked with (yes, I read your log Battle Kitten :P ) you were amazing, stop putting yourself down, you did the best you could with the little resources you had, cheers to that o/

12 hours ago, Girl-Meet-World said:

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. <3

Thanks <3, I'll definitely talk with you when I have some time and disposition, I'm still a little antisocial.

7 hours ago, RES said:

New boards are up!

going there now, thanks

• Like 4

Intro & Log

(Stats from AD&D Quiz) 

21 hours ago, Girl-Meet-World said:

My exams are in two weeks, so I am totally up for it!

I've officially entered exam month, with the first one on the 18th. And still my revision is lacking. The procrastinators struggle. :/  Coursework on track to finish by Friday, though I do need to do a lot more for it. 

Hooray, that sounds good :D

16 hours ago, RES said:

New boards are up!

Okay, see you guys/girls/* there :D

• Like 2