• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Depending on what the darebee pvp entailed I might hop on! I've got a pretty packed schedule as it is but can always use an extra kick in the butt to get stuff done.

There's a new exercise on darebee.com everyday that they dare you to do. I guess we would each try to do it and see who can do the most of these (with extra credit, if possible), or get the longest streak or whatever... just a way to stay motivated to actually do them and try your best. Here's today's exercise: click

• Like 5

On March 29, 2016 at 8:22 PM, NeverThatBored said:

For those of you who don't know me, hello! I am NeverThatBored. My current goal is to lose the last 10-12 pounds I have left, though lately I've been more focused on fitness stuff than making progress on that goal. My biggest challenge struggle is food. Some of my favorite things are cats, training montages, and sitting outside next to running water. I am nerdiest about anime, fantasy novels, and rpg / indie games.

Now I feel like that should be an icebreaker where everyone says their goals, struggles, favorite things, and favorite nerdy things. (I hate icebreakers in real life.)

I'll play since I'm new to following your thread. :)  My goals are to stay mobile and active well into my old age.  That's really the big one, but I'm always looking for small ways to improve that add up to big lifestyle improvements.  My biggest struggle is boredom.  I fall in and out of activities/workouts a lot and have learned since NF to just keep switching things up and rotating to keep my interest level high.  Favorite things/hobbies/nerdy things...  photography, my dog, quiet evenings on the front porch, road trips, sewing, reading, 80s music, Harry Potter, my Nintendo 3DS, Hearthstone, and currently Guild Wars 2.  

• Like 2

Just took a look at the daily dares and they're nice and quick so they'd be great to add into my morning routine! I'm in :D

Also, I somehow forgot to write a little about myself :D

My goals are mainly to be mega strong and eventually compete in a PL comp (hopefully for the first time this year at camp!) and also to peak bag a ton of mountains, mostly in the US.  My struggles are PIZZA.  Or really anything cheese related.  My favourite things areeeee my cats, reading and hiking.  And my favourite nerdy things are:

TV Shows: Doctor Who & Battlestar Galactica

Video Games: Kingdom Hearts, Borderlands, Hearthstone

Books: Dark Tower Series, Hyperion Cantos

Comics: DC in general, mostly Batman.  Also Birds of Prey.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Briniel said:

I'm in! I have done maybe 3 or 4 of them, so this will be great motivation. Do you have a system in mind on how this will work?

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

Depending on what the darebee pvp entailed I might hop on! I've got a pretty packed schedule as it is but can always use an extra kick in the butt to get stuff done.

I just posted the challenge here. :) It just involves doing as many of the dares as you can and keeping track of your total. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

I'll play since I'm new to following your thread. :)  My goals are to stay mobile and active well into my old age.  That's really the big one, but I'm always looking for small ways to improve that add up to big lifestyle improvements.  My biggest struggle is boredom.  I fall in and out of activities/workouts a lot and have learned since NF to just keep switching things up and rotating to keep my interest level high.  Favorite things/hobbies/nerdy things...  photography, my dog, quiet evenings on the front porch, road trips, sewing, reading, 80s music, Harry Potter, my Nintendo 3DS, Hearthstone, and currently Guild Wars 2.  

Ooh, a 3DS buddy! Yay! Have you played anything good on it recently? I've been playing Fire Emblem and having a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

Just took a look at the daily dares and they're nice and quick so they'd be great to add into my morning routine! I'm in :D

Also, I somehow forgot to write a little about myself :D

My goals are mainly to be mega strong and eventually compete in a PL comp (hopefully for the first time this year at camp!) and also to peak bag a ton of mountains, mostly in the US.  My struggles are PIZZA.  Or really anything cheese related.  My favourite things areeeee my cats, reading and hiking.  And my favourite nerdy things are:

TV Shows: Doctor Who & Battlestar Galactica

Video Games: Kingdom Hearts, Borderlands, Hearthstone

Books: Dark Tower Series, Hyperion Cantos

Comics: DC in general, mostly Batman.  Also Birds of Prey.

So are you as excited for KH3 as I am??  #amped 

I had to google PL comp to figure out what that meant. It sounds like so much fun to do that at camp! 

Just now, NeverThatBored said:

Ooh, a 3DS buddy! Yay! Have you played anything good on it recently? I've been playing Fire Emblem and having a lot of fun.

I had to google PL comp to figure out what that meant. It sounds like so much fun to do that at camp! 

The 3DS has been neglected lately.  My kiddo swiped my Zelda Link Between Worlds game to play and I manage to keep up an Animal Crossing thing, barely (my daughter is into it, so it's nice to have that together).  I played MH4 for a bit and liked it, but Guild Wars 2 has my attention right now. :D 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

GOD YES!!!!! I cannot waitttttttttttttttttttttttt :D I preorderd mine all the way back in September... hahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raxie said:

GOD YES!!!!! I cannot waitttttttttttttttttttttttt :D I preorderd mine all the way back in September... hahaha

!!! I didn't realize you could preorder it already! 

• Like 1

The bad part about preordering it so early is you immediately get notified every time they push the release date back.  It's kind of depressing actually :(

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Raxie said:

The bad part about preordering it so early is you immediately get notified every time they push the release date back.  It's kind of depressing actually :(

Yeahhhh, I could see that. They sure have taunted us for a long time about this game! 

I don't actually have a console I can play it on at this point, but I miiiight have to get just for the sake of this game. 

*pulls up chair*

*plays ice breaker game*

HIIIIIIIII, I'm Spooky (oh wait, we've met already :P) My goals are to feel comfortable in my own skin.  My struggles are CHEESE, and general stomach assholery (my stomach is a real jerk :( ). My favourite things are my cats (<3), reading, writing, music, and that feeling after a good workout. My favourite nerdy things are:

TV Shows: Doctor Who & Firefly, CARTOONS

Books: Modernist novels, LOTR, Harry Potter

*camps out and never leaves*

• Like 5

Oooh, I forgot the ice breaker! 

I am Def, I am from England and my goals are to lose weight for purely aesthetic reasons. My goals aren't that noble but I have decided to take ownership of this and not care. My weaknesses are takeaway food, in particular Domino's pizza and I find that as long as I don't have this stuff, I stop wanting it. If I have it, however, the floodgates open and I crave it endlessly. My favourite things are music (especially folk/americana/indie but I will listen to pretty much anything and enjoy it), cooking and reading. 

TV Shows: Buffy

Video Games: Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, The Sims, Phoenix Wright and Shenmue. 

Books: The Dark Tower Series, Kafka on the Shore, anything by George Orwell

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Yeahhhh, I could see that. They sure have taunted us for a long time about this game! 

I don't actually have a console I can play it on at this point, but I miiiight have to get just for the sake of this game. 

Yeah I'm literally going to buy a PS4 just for this.  I'm hoping there'll maybe be a special edition though I doubt it.

• Like 1

I am Def, I am from England and my goals are to lose weight for purely aesthetic reasons. My goals aren't that noble but I have decided to take ownership of this and not care. My weaknesses are takeaway food, in particular Domino's pizza and I find that as long as I don't have this stuff, I stop wanting it. If I have it, however, the floodgates open and I crave it endlessly. My favourite things are music (especially folk/americana/indie but I will listen to pretty much anything and enjoy it), cooking and reading. 

Crap I forgot about Buffy!! It's definitely in my top 3. I even read the comics haha

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Crap I forgot about Buffy!! It's definitely in my top 3. I even read the comics haha

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Same, HOW DID I FORGET BUFFY?!?!?!

*sobs*

• Like 3

Just now, spookyfoot said:

*sobs*

tumblr_lx1vm3PPdC1qh01r8o1_400.gif

We have upset the chosen one.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, spookyfoot said:

*pulls up chair*

*plays ice breaker game*

HIIIIIIIII, I'm Spooky (oh wait, we've met already :P) My goals are to feel comfortable in my own skin.  My struggles are CHEESE, and general stomach assholery (my stomach is a real jerk :( ). My favourite things are my cats (<3), reading, writing, music, and that feeling after a good workout. My favourite nerdy things are:

TV Shows: Doctor Who & Firefly, CARTOONS

Books: Modernist novels, LOTR, Harry Potter

*camps out and never leaves*

Hi Spooky!! I'm really enjoying how many of us mention cats. :) 

My stomach can be a jerk too. Those stomachs are so rude. 

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Ooh, it sounds like our music taste is similar! And I had no idea you were from England! 

I've never read Kafka on the Shore, but I read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle last year and I was really impressed. I've been trying to collect all of the Phoenix Wright games, but I got sidetracked so I still have a few of them to go. :P 

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

1 hour ago, spookyfoot said:

*sobs*

Haha! You guys are cracking me up. I've never seen Buffy, but I have only ever heard good things. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, deftona said:

Oooh! Who do you like?! :D

Weeeeell I have a tendency to listen to playlists on google music and the like more than any particular artist, so I actually have a hard time answering that question! The mixes I choose are usually in the indie/folk categories. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, deftona said:

My goals aren't that noble

Aesthetic goals are as noble as any other. We all focus on health and being fit, but I am sure that most of us want also to look good, so there is an aesthetic component always. That said, we will need a picture when you'll get The Best Butt in England (except Great London)™

13 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm really enjoying how many of us mention cats

I'll forget that I have been plotting to kill mine lately and say that is because they're adorable beings.

• Like 6

On 3/29/2016 at 10:22 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Now I feel like that should be an icebreaker where everyone says their goals, struggles, favorite things, and favorite nerdy things. (I hate icebreakers in real life.)

Hi there; I'm following along!  There's a lot to be said for a kitchen that's clean and ready to go at the end of the day.  It makes cooking the next day easier and more enjoyable, in my opinion.

My goal was to be as fit now as I was when it was part of my job to be fit (military), but since I exceed that last month, my new goal is to look as good as Donnie Yen, over whom I've caught my fiancee drooling :P

I've been struggling with upper body strength and years of negative body image, but the silent support of the other folks at the gym I go to has been helping with that.

My favorite things are my cat, cooking, weightlifting, shooting and hard apple cider

My favorite nerdy things are whisky tasting, Bethesda RPGs, the science of cooking, and D&D (3rd and 5th editions)

• Like 2

This is the unofficial NF Cat Appreciation Club, right?

Whoever did this study clearly doesn't have a cat like mine, who regularly goes from the 'I pose no threat' purr to 'I'M YOUR WORST EFFING NIGHTMARE' in less than a second ;)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deftona said:

This is the unofficial NF Cat Appreciation Club, right?

Whoever did this study clearly doesn't have a cat like mine, who regularly goes from the 'I pose no threat' purr to 'I'M YOUR WORST EFFING NIGHTMARE' in less than a second ;)

One of my cats does the "hello" meow and the "give me food" meow regularly (she's got an issue with treats - we have to keep the bags shut in drawers or she will binge eat them). We have another cat who only purrs, never meow. We are convinced she isn't quite aware that we are different species. 

• Like 2