• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

15 minutes ago, RES said:

One guess the direction my mind is going ;)

That totally occured to me and I giggled, but I didn't think anyone else would make that connection. I should totally know better.

• Like 4

Just now, fleaball said:

That totally occured to me and I giggled, but I didn't think anyone else would make that connection. I should totally know better.

after 2 years you would think so :P 

• Like 3

On 29. März 2016 at 4:22 AM, NeverThatBored said:

For those of you who don't know me, hello! I am NeverThatBored. My current goal is to lose the last 10-12 pounds I have left, though lately I've been more focused on fitness stuff than making progress on that goal. My biggest challenge struggle is food. Some of my favorite things are cats, training montages, and sitting outside next to running water. I am nerdiest about anime, fantasy novels, and rpg / indie games.

Now I feel like that should be an icebreaker where everyone says their goals, struggles, favorite things, and favorite nerdy things. (I hate icebreakers in real life.)

Hi I'm Luciana,

my current goal is to get my stamina back and stop procrastinating. My biggest challenge struggle is to keep doing things I've established. Some of my favorit things are spending time with friends, cats, nice drawings, plants. I'm the nerdiest about role play, board games and sometimes new shiny swords O.O.

"Stick em with the pointy end."

i'm still struggling with myself, if I should take part in the Ranger's mini challenge. But I'm not sure, because my challenge is already having a lot of aspects.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Would love to look like Stephen Amell in Arrow

Who doesn't? Because I am a woman and I'd want that too...

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Sir Terry Pratchett's my favourite author

I like him a lot. I think his mix of humor and fantasy is unique.

----------------

Ok, I'll play too:

This is zenLara. Everybody here seems to think I'm a thoughtful and wise person, but then if this were true, why has my life been a mess for so long, huh?

My goals are: change my relation with anxiety, leaving sugar out of my life (mostly...), and discovering what a person can do with a small body that spent most of its life sitting. I'm interested/scared on gymnastics, but I am far from the strength needed for it. I've been thinking for a while on taking up some martial art or self-defense and it seems it is finally happening. I can do 5 push-ups in a row now and I am proud of it.

I like reading, and being outside. I like/hate swimming in cold rivers and love hiking. Not a fan of movies, I prefere series because characters and plots are better developed. Freak of languages (I speak 5 by now, learning my sixth, and already thinking which one I'll take up next -russian for sure).

• Like 5

11 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hi Jarric! Welcome to the Rangers! I read The Color of Magic a few months ago, but that's the only Terry Pratchett I've read so far! (Except Good Omens, but that doesn't count :P)

Good Omens totally counts! One of my favourite books. Time I re-read it I think...

If you're looking to read any more Pratchett you could go in release order, but I would recommend skipping to Guards Guards! and reading the city watch stories - they're possibly the best of the Discworld IMHO.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hi Jarric! Welcome to the Rangers! I read The Color of Magic a few months ago, but that's the only Terry Pratchett I've read so far! (Except Good Omens, but that doesn't count

26 minutes ago, Jarric said:

If you're looking to read any more Pratchett you could go in release order, but I would recommend skipping to Guards Guards! and reading the city watch stories - they're possibly the best of the Discworld IMHO.

You can try these suggestions: http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/   (click on the "english version" to see the guide)

I began with Guards guards and read most of the watch series before moving to the witches novels. I loved Wyrd Sisters and Small Gods. Guards guards is still my favourite.

• Like 1

I've been putting off getting into Discworld because I know what a commitment it will be.  It's totally overwhelming.  Thanks for that link @zenLara !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

i'm still struggling with myself, if I should take part in the Ranger's mini challenge. But I'm not sure, because my challenge is already having a lot of aspects.

The mini challenges are supposed to be no pressure and fun!  If you're unsure, go ahead and join up - no one will hold you to completing them if your challenge needs takes priority.  It's just fun to have that little extra something to do on weeks when you feel like you can do anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Hi I'm Luciana,

my current goal is to get my stamina back and stop procrastinating. My biggest challenge struggle is to keep doing things I've established. Some of my favorit things are spending time with friends, cats, nice drawings, plants. I'm the nerdiest about role play, board games and sometimes new shiny swords O.O.

"Stick em with the pointy end."

I've been getting into board games lately! But sadly I don't have people to play them with. Welcome to the cat club!

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

Ok, I'll play too:

This is zenLara. Everybody here seems to think I'm a thoughtful and wise person, but then if this were true, why has my life been a mess for so long, huh?

My goals are: change my relation with anxiety, leaving sugar out of my life (mostly...), and discovering what a person can do with a small body that spent most of its life sitting. I'm interested/scared on gymnastics, but I am far from the strength needed for it. I've been thinking for a while on taking up some martial art or self-defense and it seems it is finally happening. I can do 5 push-ups in a row now and I am proud of it.

I like reading, and being outside. I like/hate swimming in cold rivers and love hiking. Not a fan of movies, I prefere series because characters and plots are better developed. Freak of languages (I speak 5 by now, learning my sixth, and already thinking which one I'll take up next -russian for sure).

Martial arts are fun! I think you'll really like them. It's so cool that you know all those languages! I had no idea. What are the other languages that you speak?

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

Good Omens totally counts! One of my favourite books. Time I re-read it I think...

1 hour ago, zenLara said:

You can try these suggestions: http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/   (click on the "english version" to see the guide)

I began with Guards guards and read most of the watch series before moving to the witches novels. I loved Wyrd Sisters and Small Gods. Guards guards is still my favourite.

43 minutes ago, Raxie said:

I've been putting off getting into Discworld because I know what a commitment it will be.  It's totally overwhelming.  Thanks for that link @zenLara !

Raxie - I've done the exact same thing. I bought Color of Magic because it was on sale once, and the first book seemed like a good place to start, but until then I just didn't want to start because there are so many of them. These specific recommendations are really helpful, so now I may have to read more! 

2 minutes ago, athousandwords said:

The mini challenges are supposed to be no pressure and fun!  If you're unsure, go ahead and join up - no one will hold you to completing them if your challenge needs takes priority.  It's just fun to have that little extra something to do on weeks when you feel like you can do anything.

^ What she said. You should join us!

54 minutes ago, Raxie said:

4 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Raxie - I've done the exact same thing. I bought Color of Magic because it was on sale once, and the first book seemed like a good place to start, but until then I just didn't want to start because there are so many of them. These specific recommendations are really helpful, so now I may have to read more! 

@Jarric Plan worked perfectly. Two more minds absorbed

brain-slug.jpg

• Like 2

I went to bootcamp at 5:30 this morning for a boxing workout! They tagged me in the instagram again (yes, I'm going to announce this every time it happens :P ). I'm in the purple shirt and full-length leggings. I am feeling like doing a lot of punching / kicking after watching Daredevil season 2, so it was a good day for boxing. :) 

It is also very good that I noticed Season 2 during Week 0, because I have no self control and binge watched it in 3 days. 

My brake light was on, so I took my car to the mechanic and then walked home. Apparently, the emergency brake just got pulled up slightly somehow. #fail

But at least I got some walking in early! 

• Like 8

Sounds like you had an awesome day! And I feel you on the Daredevil.  I got all my bingewatching over with this week and over the weekend so I'm already to focus on the challenge next week!

So exciting about the instagram post! Looks like a fun time :)

• Like 1

So much going on here! So much cat love! One of ours can play fetch like a dog, too (if you throw crunched of bits of paper into corners or behind furniture (if it lands out in the open, apparently that's too easy or something) and you accept that she'll drop it a few meters away from you so you have to go and get it for the next throw), the other is totally crazy about anything with feathers. They are indoor cats, but one day there was a hurt bird or something on the balcony and they decided to bring it into the flat. So. Many. Feathers.

Also congrats on the early boxing workout, so awesome!

• Like 1

What is 5.30am? I don't think I've ever been awake that late :o You must wake up at a terrifically early hour to get that bootcamp in!

6 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Seconded^ although you should see some of the Assassins challenges especially from last year... we had teams (e.g. the 4 Hogwarts houses) and it was very competitive haha. People doing 350 burpees or whatever to fight trolls in the dungeons etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Briniel said:

So much going on here! So much cat love! One of ours can play fetch like a dog, too (if you throw crunched of bits of paper into corners or behind furniture (if it lands out in the open, apparently that's too easy or something) and you accept that she'll drop it a few meters away from you so you have to go and get it for the next throw), the other is totally crazy about anything with feathers. They are indoor cats, but one day there was a hurt bird or something on the balcony and they decided to bring it into the flat. So. Many. Feathers.

Also congrats on the early boxing workout, so awesome!

That's so cute! I would love to play fetch with a cat.

2 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

What is 5.30am? I don't think I've ever been awake that late :o You must wake up at a terrifically early hour to get that bootcamp in!

Seconded^ although you should see some of the Assassins challenges especially from last year... we had teams (e.g. the 4 Hogwarts houses) and it was very competitive haha. People doing 350 burpees or whatever to fight trolls in the dungeons etc.

I have to wake up around 5 to get there. It is not much fun, but it's fun when you leave and the sun is up and the birds are chirping. 

I've heard good things about the Assassins mini challenges. They sound like a lot of fun. :) 

13 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

That's so cute! I would love to play fetch with a cat.

I have to wake up around 5 to get there. It is not much fun, but it's fun when you leave and the sun is up and the birds are chirping. 

I've heard good things about the Assassins mini challenges. They sound like a lot of fun. :) 

I love being up early. I don't love getting up early, though, so it's a challenge ;)

+1 for joining the Assassins' mini if you can. Not that I've done more than one, but that one was awesome :D

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Briniel said:

I love being up early. I don't love getting up early, though, so it's a challenge ;)

+1 for joining the Assassins' mini if you can. Not that I've done more than one, but that one was awesome :D

I think I'm going to sit it out this challenge. I only managed 1 week of the last Ranger mini, so I'm going to try to conquer that first. :) 

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Accidentally

Accidentally. Yes, sure. That happens. Not to me, but I am sure that it happens... to badass people like you!

• Like 2

Week 0 Summary 

Listmaker listmaker, make me a list. Cross of the list, then add more to the list. :barbershop_quartet_

Things I did:

• Walked 12 miles 
  • Went on my weekly run 
  • Completed 3 workouts (13 week streak, baby!)
  • Meditated daily
  • Cleaned out the sink before bed 4 times (which is my goal)
  • Counted protein on some days to start to get used to it
  • Deep squats / ankle alphabets / knees-in pose daily
  • Yoga 3 times (goal is 4 per week during the challenge)
  • Completed Darebee daily dares
  • 5.5 items on my Adulting to do list
  • Journaled and flossed every day - not actually part of my challenge, but I put them on my challenge spreadsheet just to see if it would help me do them. It did!
  • Prepped meals for the week and froze additional meals for days when I don't have food ready (since this was an issue last challenge)

Things I did not do:

• Eat particularly well
  • Think about future me before making decisions 
  • Pushups (because I chose to skip them in week 0)

Things to be aware of going into Week 1 / Plans:

• Getting my workout in early in the day improves my life  >9000 so I should do that whenever possible
  • I should avoid eating out, both because it is harder to track protein, and because I have been looking for things to do lately and visiting restaurants as a solution. Tsk tsk.
  • I'm planning a Tues/Thurs/Sat workout pattern this week, and then I'll switch over to a (hopefully) M/W/F pattern for the rest of the challenge. 
  • There are some things I'm in danger of just forgetting about - protein/eating consciously, AMRAPS, daily dares. Add these to my bujo list every day to help me remember to do the things. 
  • I'm going to bring my backpack with weight to work so I can get in some mileage for that PVP during the week. 
  • Like 3