• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Week 0 Summary 

Listmaker listmaker, make me a list. Cross of the list, then add more to the list. :barbershop_quartet_

Things I did:

• Walked 12 miles 
  • Went on my weekly run 
  • Completed 3 workouts (13 week streak, baby!)
  • Meditated daily
  • Cleaned out the sink before bed 4 times (which is my goal)
  • Counted protein on some days to start to get used to it
  • Deep squats / ankle alphabets / knees-in pose daily
  • Yoga 3 times (goal is 4 per week during the challenge)
  • Completed Darebee daily dares
  • 5.5 items on my Adulting to do list
  • Journaled and flossed every day - not actually part of my challenge, but I put them on my challenge spreadsheet just to see if it would help me do them. It did!
  • Prepped meals for the week and froze additional meals for days when I don't have food ready (since this was an issue last challenge)

Things I did not do:

• Eat particularly well
  • Think about future me before making decisions 
  • Pushups (because I chose to skip them in week 0)

Things to be aware of going into Week 1 / Plans:

• Getting my workout in early in the day improves my life  >9000 so I should do that whenever possible
  • I should avoid eating out, both because it is harder to track protein, and because I have been looking for things to do lately and visiting restaurants as a solution. Tsk tsk.
  • I'm planning a Tues/Thurs/Sat workout pattern this week, and then I'll switch over to a (hopefully) M/W/F pattern for the rest of the challenge. 
  • There are some things I'm in danger of just forgetting about - protein/eating consciously, AMRAPS, daily dares. Add these to my bujo list every day to help me remember to do the things. 
  • I'm going to bring my backpack with weight to work so I can get in some mileage for that PVP during the week. 

I'm exhausted just reading that.  Whew.

enhanced-32167-1415746042-12.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

You did a huge amount of things o_O

19 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I'm exhausted just reading that.  Whew.

enhanced-32167-1415746042-12.jpg

15 minutes ago, Raxie said:

lj8AV9j.gif

It's funny hearing that from you overachievers. :) That's always how I feel when I read your threads! By contrast, I feel like I did not do nearly all of the things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeverThatBored said:

I feel like I did not do nearly all of the things. 

Then check your feelings' regulator, it is not working well.

• Like 7

Uh yeah, looks like you totally rocked Week 0.  Also I really like your idea of summarizing what to focus on for the next week - I feel like that's a good way to evaluate your progress over the month.  I'm excited to see how you fare with the bullet journal.  I looked into that a couple of months ago but wasn't 100% convinced it was for me, so it's cool to see someone using it and documenting how it goes. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenLara said:

Then check your feelings' regulator, it is not working well.

This, 1000%.  I often feel like I didn't anything done but if I itemize out what I did the list gets huge.  

Ruck all the things!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

It's funny hearing that from you overachievers. :) That's always how I feel when I read your threads! By contrast, I feel like I did not do nearly all of the things. 

26 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

This, 1000%.  I often feel like I didn't anything done but if I itemize out what I did the list gets huge. 

Me three. There's always so much more I could have done!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, athousandwords said:

Uh yeah, looks like you totally rocked Week 0.  Also I really like your idea of summarizing what to focus on for the next week - I feel like that's a good way to evaluate your progress over the month.  I'm excited to see how you fare with the bullet journal.  I looked into that a couple of months ago but wasn't 100% convinced it was for me, so it's cool to see someone using it and documenting how it goes. :)

I'm mainly using it as a to do list, which is something I was using even before I started the bujo. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it effectively, since I'm not into drawing super fancy fonts and images like a lot of what you see online. Fast and messy works best for me. 

But it is nice to have lists of things like "books I plan to read" and such all in one place. 

45 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

Ruck all the things!

Ruck all the things! I feel you on the listing too. It does feel like more that way. But when a lot of the things only take a minute to do, it makes me second guess whether it's actually all that much. It's hard to calibrate. :) 

18 minutes ago, Briniel said:

Me three. There's always so much more I could have done!!

And that's coming from Briniel, the queen of doing all the things! I think my perception is also skewed because I did badly with food, and when that happens I feel bad and the other accomplishments don't feel very significant. 

• Like 1

I"m waiting for you to say April Fool's! about not thinking you did a lot. But the timing is wrong. So you're just going to get a high five. And if you think that's not a lot, I shudder to think of was doing a lot will actually look like.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

And that's coming from Briniel, the queen of doing all the things! I think my perception is also skewed because I did badly with food, and when that happens I feel bad and the other accomplishments don't feel very significant. 

Ha, I like that title! I think the essential point for me is that I beat myself up over bad days (like today) but get so much done on good days that it evens out in the end. Oh, and the get-shit-done-before-noon rule still applies. If I don't, I feel like the whole day is wasted. My brain is weird.

Just now, fleaball said:

I"m waiting for you to say April Fool's! about not thinking you did a lot. But the timing is wrong. So you're just going to get a high five. And if you think that's not a lot, I shudder to think of was doing a lot will actually look like.

Ooh, I will take that as a challenge and try to impress you as much as possible. :) 

I resisted a plate of brownies / cookies at a work lunch today. That feels like a bigger accomplishment than all of week 0 combined! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NeverThatBored said:

Ooh, I will take that as a challenge and try to impress you as much as possible. :) 

I resisted a plate of brownies / cookies at a work lunch today. That feels like a bigger accomplishment than all of week 0 combined! 

Yay, challenges! And yay, food-resistance!! That is SO hard. Especially since it sounds like they were free. Go, you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

wow, awesome week 0. Don't think my challenge weeks are that busy. And way to go on the brownie avoidance!

Stick with the rangers for a while and you might find them getting busier. ;) 

• Like 3

Week 1 Day 1 Update

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. It SNOWED today. 3-6 gross wet inches of snow. I woke up this morning, said "nope" and went back to sleep for an hour. Now I'm getting caught up on stuff I normally would have done in the morning, and I was not able to get out rucking as planned. Grumble. I've been in a weird mood all day. I don't think I know what to do with this weather! 

Things I did:

• Meditated
  • Squats/ankle alphabets / knees in poses 
  • Daily dare - 400 punches
  • Pushup AMRAP for the week (Only 32 pushups - I'm slipping!)
  • Adulting task for the day - tinker with my FIOS batter that has been beeping at me for weeks. Fixed it. And taught my computer the word adulting just now so it would stop correcting me.
  • Food
    • Resisted COOKIES AND BROWNIES at lunch (but thought about them obsessively for about an hour afterward)
    • Resisted CUPCAKES in the breakroom after lunch. Everyone was walking around talking about how they were fluffy and perfect. I've never had a break room dessert that was actually worth eating, but it just felt cruel how much everyone was raving about them. 
    • I was really hungry today because the hardboiled eggs I brought with me to work this morning were a bit old and tasted funny, so I threw them away. It threw me off for the day! But I stuck to healthy foods. This is my first fully primal day in a while. :) 
    • 72g of protein

Things I did not do:

• Aikido - I had a killer headache and a bad attitude because of the snow, so I stayed home and played Fire Emblem. #noregrets I have to do some extra practice on my own for this week's mini challenge anyway. 
  • Yoga - but I still have plenty of time for yoga this week 
  • Walking or rucking

Things I will do tomorrow:

• Tabata bootcamp class (unless it's snowing again in which case I'm working out at home because eff that)
  • Yoga
  • All the daily stuff
  • Continue to eat like a boss 
  • Walking, hopefully snow-free
  • Like 8

OMG, what was up with that snow?!

I completely agree with you on a "NOPE" day yesterday with that crap. Way to still do things, even with the snow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

OMG, what was up with that snow?!

I completely agree with you on a "NOPE" day yesterday with that crap. Way to still do things, even with the snow. 

Right!? What is up with this nonsense? My nope day carried into this morning. I woke up at 5 to go to bootcamp, saw how icy my parking lot looked, and decided to work out at home instead. Now I feel guilty about it though. Just can't win! I blame the snow for everything. 

Seriously, why has the weather decided it's back to winter?? It's APRIL for crying out loud!!

Good on you for the break room dessert resistance!  I feel like coworkers, more than almost anyone, tend to get a bit pushy about desserts, so serious kudos.  I had my first back to primal day in a while too - feels good to be getting back to eating right!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, athousandwords said:

Seriously, why has the weather decided it's back to winter?? It's APRIL for crying out loud!!

Good on you for the break room dessert resistance!  I feel like coworkers, more than almost anyone, tend to get a bit pushy about desserts, so serious kudos.  I had my first back to primal day in a while too - feels good to be getting back to eating right!

Good job!! It does feel good. :) I will I'll admit I'm craving all of the things today though. Here's where I rely on my meal prep. 

• Like 1

Week 1 Day 2 Update

Heh. My neighbor set off their fire alarm. I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that. 

Things I did:

• Rucked 4.96 miles (Because screw you too, snow)
  • Counted protein - 88g 
  • Had another successful food day despite 2 million cravings. I need to remember to buy avocados next time I get groceries. 
  • Daily dare 
  • Worked out. I skipped bootcamp because I was still nope-ing at the weather, but then I felt anxious all day. I worked out this evening though, and had one of my better workouts in a while!
  • Yoga video. They tried to get me to do crow pose. I did not do crow pose. One day though. 
  • I have not meditated yet but will do so after dinner.
  • Made parmesean garlic herb zoodles for dinner. Yum. 
  • I have not done my adulting task yet, so I'll have to switch to a backup adulting task before bed! 

Plan for tomorrow:

• All the daily stuff
  • Yoga
  • Run at lunchtime
  • Observe a toastmasters meeting in the evening and decide if I want to join (this wasn't on my adulting list but I'm totally counting it as such)
  • Maybe squeeze in some rucking before that
  • Like 10

Oh no I forgot about my daily dare this morning! Thanks for the reminder ... I'll have to do it after SL tonight.

• Like 1

...you rucked nearly 5 miles and still felt anxious about not working out??  I am in awe.

Seriously though - kickass day!  Kudos on getting through the food cravings.  Definitely get some avocados though - avocados are everything.  mmmmm

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, athousandwords said:

...you rucked nearly 5 miles and still felt anxious about not working out??  I am in awe.

Seriously though - kickass day!  Kudos on getting through the food cravings.  Definitely get some avocados though - avocados are everything.  mmmmm

Avocados are the best. They even have a song:

• Like 1