Leigh Gets Back to Basics.

Leigh

Step one:

• eat breakfast, eat dinner, one snack per day at home and lunch on weekends, lunch during the week remains as something I make at work, since it's free.

Step two:

• seriously, go the fuck to sleep. I mean it. If anyone sees me make an active post after 9 pm Sunday-Thurday, write me a nasty message on my thread calling me out for being a jerk.

Step three:

• go to the gym, ideally three times a week but if I make it there even twice this challenge I call that a win.

So that's it. I'll make an attempt to post up some kind of basic food list for the day and comment on if my set bedtime was accomplished and if it is making even the slightest difference to my life as well as any gym activity I get done.

• Like 4

what is this normal you speak of, and is it catching?

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE in 2022

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 65

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

what is this normal you speak of, and is it catching?

Nah, it's actually a location! Pretty boring place too but I've been stuck in the Swamps of Self-Pity for a little while and am just walking through the Planes of Apathy and am about three or four days away from the borders of the Forrest of Normal. There are a few locations of known traps near the border of the Forrest that I know of that I will easily avoid but there are at least three that I know of only as rumour.

The three I should be able to avoid are as follows:

The Poorly Stocked Kitchen: a place that contains a great deal of easy to grab terrible foods and holds the healthy things in partially hidden locations. I can avoid this by posting a list of what frozen foods are mind on the freezer door and by moving my sister's junky foods to the two crisper drawers and taking over the bottom or top shelves with fruits and vegetables. I can also place all of the healthy canned foods I know of on the bottom shelf of the cabinet and moving all of the junky things (peanut butter, crackers, cookies, pasta) to the shelves in the far cabinet door where my sister keeps most of her food so that I am unlikely to look there.

The Hidden Gym Bag: this one seems like it should be an easy thing to sort out, all I have to do is fund the bag, pack it with the things I need and leave it right smack in front of the spot I drop my hoodie and bag off at when ai get home from work but it is a two fold trap in that I have to also find my girlfriend's bag and have her pack and place it there as well. In theory I don't need to do that at all since her going is her choice but we tend to motivate/unmotivate one another very easily. If she really wants to go and I don't then she tends to not go, but if I really want to go and she doesn't, I usually end up hitting her with a logic bomb of reasons to go so then she wants to go. The status effect if those bombs tends to last about a week or two before they wear of.

The Poorly/Perfectly Aimed Trebuchet of Planning: this one is going to be the hardest. If I plan my time in too much detail, it makes me entire week look like one massive chore list and My aim will be poor and I will this be launched much further from the Forrest and far closer to the centre of the Swamps of Self Pity. If I plan only one or two tasks and leave plenty of room for reward and play time each day then my aim is usually good and I am launched past a few of the traps and land much closer to the Forrest.

All in all I will get there, just depends on how sneaky my enemy is at placing their traps and how clever I can be in avoiding them.

^_~

• Like 6

3 hours ago, LogicLeigh said:

Nah, it's actually a location! Pretty boring place too but I've been stuck in the Swamps of Self-Pity for a little while and am just walking through the Planes of Apathy and am about three or four days away from the borders of the Forrest of Normal. There are a few locations of known traps near the border of the Forrest that I know of that I will easily avoid but there are at least three that I know of only as rumour.

The three I should be able to avoid are as follows:

The Poorly Stocked Kitchen: a place that contains a great deal of easy to grab terrible foods and holds the healthy things in partially hidden locations. I can avoid this by posting a list of what frozen foods are mind on the freezer door and by moving my sister's junky foods to the two crisper drawers and taking over the bottom or top shelves with fruits and vegetables. I can also place all of the healthy canned foods I know of on the bottom shelf of the cabinet and moving all of the junky things (peanut butter, crackers, cookies, pasta) to the shelves in the far cabinet door where my sister keeps most of her food so that I am unlikely to look there.

The Hidden Gym Bag: this one seems like it should be an easy thing to sort out, all I have to do is fund the bag, pack it with the things I need and leave it right smack in front of the spot I drop my hoodie and bag off at when ai get home from work but it is a two fold trap in that I have to also find my girlfriend's bag and have her pack and place it there as well. In theory I don't need to do that at all since her going is her choice but we tend to motivate/unmotivate one another very easily. If she really wants to go and I don't then she tends to not go, but if I really want to go and she doesn't, I usually end up hitting her with a logic bomb of reasons to go so then she wants to go. The status effect if those bombs tends to last about a week or two before they wear of.

The Poorly/Perfectly Aimed Trebuchet of Planning: this one is going to be the hardest. If I plan my time in too much detail, it makes me entire week look like one massive chore list and My aim will be poor and I will this be launched much further from the Forrest and far closer to the centre of the Swamps of Self Pity. If I plan only one or two tasks and leave plenty of room for reward and play time each day then my aim is usually good and I am launched past a few of the traps and land much closer to the Forrest.

All in all I will get there, just depends on how sneaky my enemy is at placing their traps and how clever I can be in avoiding them.

^_~

I think your Swamps of Self-Pity must be near my Cavern of Despair and Depression, as I'm sure I've waded through the swamps on my way out! 

• Like 3

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

I think your Swamps of Self-Pity must be near my Cavern of Despair and Depression, as I'm sure I've waded through the swamps on my way out! 

In my world there is no Cavern of Despair and Depression. It is in fact a large extremely comfortable chair in a cozy room looking out over the Forrest if Normal. The reason it is so fucking hard to get back to Normal is that the chair is cloying in its comfort level. It makes you think that you might as well just stay there because it is too hard to get back to the Forrest. And even if you get there the chair is just a few steps away, trying to lure you back into its plush depths once again.

The reason I say it is a comfy chair is because how hard it can be to overcome depression. If Depression was a dank cabe with the quiet echos of someone whispering bad things or crying it would be awful! We would all work bloody hard to get out of that and then steer clear of it in the future. Nobody really likes being uncomfortable or upset but we all love a comfy chair now and then.

Which makes even more sense because people always say, and with good reason, that fresh air, good food, and being active make you feel better and combat depression.

I oddly enough apply this mentality to my physical world. The chair at my computer desk becomes very uncomfortable after an hour. Downright painful to sit it for more than two. This makes me less likely to while away an entire day playing WoW or just mindlessly browsing the internet. And if I can find something wildly entertaining enough to tolerate several hours in that chair then I really don't want to sit in it again for a few days.

• Like 2

Following!

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

o hai!  ^_^

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

38 minutes ago, LogicLeigh said:

Hai! I'm in destress lazy mode right now so I will likely be quiet here until Saturday ish.

This girl needs to decompress for a few days from shitty work crap and think up her game plan for the next few weeks.

We'll be here!! Enjoy and see you when you return ;)

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Updated the first post and just in time! Since all this shit gets started tomorrow.

ugh.... it's going to be a challenging challenge. First one back after a shitty NF break usually is. Decompression wasn't really accomplished all that well but I do have breakfast supplies ready for tomorrow morning. Just need to brew a few litres of coffee and I'm set!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2016 at 9:59 PM, LogicLeigh said:

Step one:

• eat breakfast, eat dinner, one snack per day at home and lunch on weekends, lunch during the week remains as something I make at work, since it's free.

Step two:

• seriously, go the fuck to sleep. I mean it. If anyone sees me make an active post after 9 pm Sunday-Thurday, write me a nasty message on my thread calling me out for being a jerk.

Step three:

• go to the gym, ideally three times a week but if I make it there even twice this challenge I call that a win.

So that's it. I'll make an attempt to post up some kind of basic food list for the day and comment on if my set bedtime was accomplished and if it is making even the slightest difference to my life as well as any gym activity I get done.

What time zone are you in? :D 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, LogicLeigh said:

Eastern Standard time. It's 2 pm right now. Anyone who wants to send me mean "get our ass to fucking bed!" messages can leave them here, send me a pm, or text me :P

Our? :D this could get interesting ;) 

• Like 1

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, RES said:

Our? :D this could get interesting ;) 

LOL! I meant your. I think faster than I can type and make those kinds of errors ALL the time. But since they are correctly spelled words I don't see them :P Or you know... maybe I've got multiple personalities and our was the correct word ^_~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LogicLeigh said:

LOL! I meant your. I think faster than I can type and make those kinds of errors ALL the time. But since they are correctly spelled words I don't see them :P Or you know... maybe I've got multiple personalities and our was the correct word ^_~

I understand that...I have the same issue...

and as far as correct word, depends on how open minded your other half is ;) 

Spoiler

Just now, LogicLeigh said:

Babe, if I were more open minded my brain would fall out ^_~

And this is why we get along so well :D 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Good morning! Actually who am I kidding, there is nothing good about this morning. Gotta love waking up to near crippling abdominal pain and having to go to work. Not fun. Not fun at all!

Monday stuff: had breakfast and dinner at home but obliterated all of that goodness by having not one, not two, but four snacks before dinner. And I wasn't even hungry for three of them, they were just there and one was given to me by my sister and she laced it with a heavy sprinkling of "I know you asked me not to buy you junk food without asking you first but I left my phone at home and couldn't call you so here is some sugary confection that I know you usually like but have specifically told me not to buy you."

And what do I get from said snack? Stabby rolling pain! Yay!!!

And then she tried to get me to spend like $30 on indian take out when we I just bought like eight bags of healthy food from the grocery store.

My sister is evil.

But hey! I went to bed at 8:40 ish last night ^_^ so there is a small victory in there. Also had steak broccoli stir fry with home made teriyaki ginger sauce.

• Like 2

@Garjan what time would I be yelling at you then hmm? I'm good at yelling :P

@Tyburn Lil thank you! The pain went away and I'm fairly certain it was due to my eating something that either I should not have eaten at all or was because I ate it right before bed or with something that doesn't mix well. Either way I felt a hell of a lot better as my morning went on and I am determined to find out what it was that caused that level of pain so that I can kill it with fire and never touch it again.

As some of you Nerds know, a lot of really stupid things happen at my work usually my boss being foolish, or construction accidents cause hilarity or horror to ensue. Today was hilarity!

They had to test a new pipe and filled it with the standard 250 gallons of water to make sure there were no leaks along the pipe. They have to use air pressure to rush the water through the pipe and today someone made a slight mistake and the pressure was far too high, causing an end cap on the large section of new pipe to burst off and crack another pipe open. So not only did most of the 250 test gallons of water spill all over my food court another unknown amount of water went all over the place.

Nobody was hurt which is awesome but the BOOM CRASH!! That the pipe made when it exploded and then slammed into the other pipe caused at least eight proper ladies at work to shriek like four year olds and actually run away. I have never seen so many women in high heels look more ridiculous than today during my lunch break.

So high five Transport Canada! Y'all have some dexterous if awkward looking runners among your staff :D

• Like 4