• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

obax

obax - just keep swimming

Sounds good Obax!  Lots of good things going and I really like how you are adjusting and adapting by listening to your body.   I think this is one of the most important things we can learn to do!   I sometimes worry that it's easy to get into the mindset of 'crush your goals no matter the cost'  - and I am still learning to let go of the perfect score so as to listen to what my body is saying.

Good plan going forward!  I had to switch mine up too!   And sending all the good vibes your way for Thursday!

• Like 1

Sounds good Obax!  Lots of good things going and I really like how you are adjusting and adapting by listening to your body.   I think this is one of the most important things we can learn to do!   I sometimes worry that it's easy to get into the mindset of 'crush your goals no matter the cost'  - and I am still learning to let go of the perfect score so as to listen to what my body is saying.

Good plan going forward!  I had to switch mine up too!   And sending all the good vibes your way for Thursday!

Thanks for the good vibes! I'm feeling confident about it, and I have it all arranged at my current job so that there's no rushing or stress involved (I took the day off, and picked up a shift later in the week to make up for it. It feels silly to take a whole day off for a 30 minuted interview in the city in which I live, but with the time they gave me, it's really the easiest option). Weirdly, I'm actually looking forward to Thursday, even though I generally dread job interviews, I think because the interview is only 30 mins, so that gives me a lot of day to do what I need and what I want, and I'm a lot more confident in myself re: skills and abilities, and talking about how awesome I am, than I used to be.

Listening to my body has always been something I've been good at, but I also have to be careful that I'm listening to its needs and not its wants. It can sometimes be easy for me to justify being lazy because this or that hurts or is tired or whatever. I don't minding cutting back or skipping when I really need it, cuz if I really need it then I really need it, but I want to be sure it's a need and not a want. That's been a bit of learning curve for me, but generally I know, when it's an actual need and when I'm just giving in to the lazies (and I'll admit it when it's the latter, even if I frown at myself).

Also, I may have just set a PR for most uses of the word 'need' in one sentence...

• Like 1

Three Week Monday

PREP practice. Didn't go great, I've been feeling not all that well today. I think it's a combo of hormones and having not eaten very well for several days, and it's all catching up to me. I'm in a surprisingly good mood, considering, and am still feeling positive about it all, but I'm a bit disappointed in the actual performance.

Did the circuit in 2:33, which is 4 seconds under the cutoff time, 2 seconds slower than last week, and 5-7 seconds slower than my best (I can actually remember what my best was...) For reference, I'd be really happy with a 2:23 time (done regularly, not as a one-off), and ecstatic with a 2:18. I think 2:23 is doable, 2:18 will be a real struggle unless I put the test off for longer than I really want to, but I suppose if I really focus on the running, you never know...

Got to 5.5 on the beep test, which is what was most disappointing, especially after getting 6.5 last week. I just had no stamina, I was sucking wind at, like, level 2, usually it's not until at least level 4 or 5. On top of that, my body decided that was the opportune time to remind me I hadn't had my evening poop (sorry not sorry for the TMI...) which combined with an already bloated-feeling stomach, and I just didn't have it. On the plus side, even though my legs were tired by the time I stopped, they weren't as fatigued as they have been at that point in the past, so that's something.

After talking with the guy there, I think I might actually put those squats back in, he was suggesting an endurance exercise for my quads might be helpful considering the things that I'm struggling with. I still like the idea of doing them on run days rather than strength days, I just have to figure out a way to remember to do them. I shall have to ponder, I'm not doing them tonight, I'm still feeling like crap so I'm just going to stretch and go to bed.

Strength stuff tomorrow morn, tidying in the evening. I've got my food cooked, so I'll have some good healthy lunches for a while, hopefully some greens and turkey will get my GI tract back in line. I'll update The Count then too, I don't feel like thinking about it at the moment...

• Like 1

Very awesome that you are getting to bed and then getting up when you want, I know that is something you've been working on. You probably already said, but what is your volunteer work?

Very awesome that you are getting to bed and then getting up when you want, I know that is something you've been working on. You probably already said, but what is your volunteer work?

I know, I can't believe how well the bed-related goals are going. I think, now that I've been doing it a while and feeling so good and relatively well rested most of the time (and so crappy when I miss a time), that'll be motivation to stick with it. The hockey playoffs are making the bedtime goal a real challenge, though....

I volunteer at a distress/crisis phone line. Most of the calls fall into the distress/emotional support categories, but I've had one actual crisis call. It can be rather intense at times, which is why I'm always that weird mix of exhausted and wired when I get home. It makes being productive and going to sleep equally as hard and unlikely to happen in a timely fashion, usually I only feel capable of staring at sports highlights and petting my dog for at least an hour or so......

I know, I can't believe how well the bed-related goals are going. I think, now that I've been doing it a while and feeling so good and relatively well rested most of the time (and so crappy when I miss a time), that'll be motivation to stick with it. The hockey playoffs are making the bedtime goal a real challenge, though....

I volunteer at a distress/crisis phone line. Most of the calls fall into the distress/emotional support categories, but I've had one actual crisis call. It can be rather intense at times, which is why I'm always that weird mix of exhausted and wired when I get home. It makes being productive and going to sleep equally as hard and unlikely to happen in a timely fashion, usually I only feel capable of staring at sports highlights and petting my dog for at least an hour or so......

Oh that makes sense why you need time to unwind when you get home. What a great thing to volunteer for.

Three Week Tuesday

Strength in the morn. I procrastinated a bit (my dogs insisted on 'helping') but still had time for it all. However, there was a stranger in my basement and I didn't want him watching me do rows, so I'll save those for tomorrow morning.

Pushups - 23+10x2

Hollow - 3x35s (hard today, but my form was better)

Bridge hold - 3x135s (this is getting boring, I may dig out some dumbbells to hold too)

Rows - 3x10 (I found a way to make them a bit harder, so if I end up doing something differently tomorrow I'll note it, but that's what I've been doing)

Chiropractic adjustment after work, which is why I didn't do the rows in the evening. I'll stretch and do my mobility, but I'll leave out the one strength physio exercise.

Tidying: done. Took less time than I though it would, only about 20 mins or so. I got a funny look from my dad for vacuuming, since I never do that.

Change of plans: my coworker can't cover my shift on Thursday any more, so I'll have to have an extended lunch break and rush to get to my interview, so I won't have time for the double up exercise. I'll do a run that day, and move the strength to Friday, so at least I'll still have Friday night to do what I want.

The Count

R ~ 7/12

P ~ 6/12

S ~ 6/28

M ~ 2/4

G ~ 16/28

N ~ 10/28

C ~ 1/1

T ~ 2/4

L ~ 1/4

• Like 1

There was a stranger in my basement? Still pondering that statement.;)

Good luck on the job interview, hope the timing works out so you don't have to rush too much.

There was a stranger in my basement? Still pondering that statement.;)

Good luck on the job interview, hope the timing works out so you don't have to rush too much.

The water softener was being serviced, so there was a repair guy in the laundry room. My pullup bar/ring setup is in the doorway of the spare room, which is also in the basement. As it turned out, he was doing his thing for long enough that I could've got the rows in, but I had no way of knowing, and I'm super self-conscious about people watching me do exercises.

And thanks! I'm not feeling too nervous so far, and had a decent sleep last night. Turned out the person was able to work my shift after all, so no rushing is necessary!

• Like 1

Three Week Wednesday

Did my rows (almost forgot, but squeezed them in at the last minute). After work was A Taste for Life, which is a fundraiser for a local organization that supports people living with HIV/AIDS. Basically, local restaurants pledge 25% of their profits on a particular night, so our Potluck group always make a point of going out for dinner together on that night. We also know the guy who organizes it all, and we like to support our friends in their endeavors, so there's really no reason not to go out. So, long story short, I went straight to dinner after work, and we lingered over our drinks, as all good friends do when they go out for dinner, and I got home somewhat later than I thought I would. I was actually really tired, so I printed out my references for my interview today and just went to bed without the stretching etc.

Get up and bed times were good.

Three Week Thursday (so far)

Get up time was good, I set my alarm a little later but I got up right away. I'm currently procrastinating a bit on doing my workout, I think since I have the time I'll eat a bit of breakfast first then do it. I've got lots of time before my interview, but I still need to be mindful of the time, I want to get all my things done today and it can be easy for me to lose track of time when I think I have a lot of it.

Turned out my coworker was able to cover my shift after all, so I'm going back to my original plan of doubling up today. I'll be working a late shift tomorrow, so I won't be doing anything then anyway, other than stretching (this time I promise).

It looks like Mother Nature is thinking about rain today, hopefully it holds off until later in the evening so I can run after my interview and not get soaked. I don't mind running in a light rain if it's not too cold, but I'm not a fan of running in a downpour. I guess there's always the treadmill, but now that it's getting nice out regularly, I'm more loathe to use it than normal.

Now that I've figured out how to make the 'edit' button work, I'll just add to this post as the day goes by and I get things accomplished, so stay tuned for breaking news!

Strength

pushups - 24 + 10(11?)x2 (I kinda lost count at one point and think I may have done the 8th set of 2 twice... I also couldn't remember how many I did in my last set last time, and I'd already started by the time I realized, so couldn't just look it up. I'm pretty sure 24 is at least 1 more than last time...)

hollow - 3x35s

bridge hold - 3x135s

rows - 3x10

Interview Update

I think it went ok. I'm not good at telling. I don't feel super confident of my performance, but there's nothing I wish I'd said differently, I just wish I'd been a bit more 'on'. I do feel like it got better as it went, so I guess that's something...

Change of Plans

I think I was more nervous than I realized, now that the interview is over, I'm exhausted. I'm passing on my run tonight, I will do a late one tomorrow after work. I may regret this decision come tomorrow night, but right now I'm headachy and hungry and not at all inclined to do things other than lazing (there's still a possibility of a late one tonight, we'll see how I feel after dinner, but right now I feel like shooting at some Supermutants).

The Last Update of the Day

Got my stretching etc. done, it was a little half assed, but I got all the important things. Bedtime will occur on time, despite the very good hockey games on TV.

• Like 2

Woo!   Awesome news about the shift covering.   That has to take off a load of stress/rushing blahness off your shoulders!        Sounds like you have a good plan going for the day - and I soooo agree with you about running anywhere but outside once the weather is at all reasonable.     I switched my schedule this week so I didn't do a run after a late night hockey, and now the sun is trying to come out and I am like... BAH I should run!    But that also means back to back strength days if I do that too.  Hah.

I also agree on the working out with eyes on you.  At the gym sure.   But my weight area is in the warehouse, and when one of the warehouse employees is in the area I get all shy and weird and awkward.

Good luck today!   Sending you all the best vibes!

(taken out of context, that last sentence is so wrong.)

• Like 1

Three Week Friday

I let myself down by not doing anything after getting home from work, not even stretching. I had lady time cramps and the accompanying nausea most of the day at work, and as a result didn't eat much. By the time I got home, that had calmed down, but I was still pretty tired and blah. My feet and legs were tired and sore after a long late shift, and, while I planned ahead and brought something to eat in the evening while I was working, it wasn't enough and I was a bit hungry. None of these constitute a valid excuse, but it sums up the reasons why I just got into bed to watch a bit of hockey.

On the plus side, I made both my get up and bed times.

Three Week Saturday

Not crampy today, but still tired and blah. The last thing I wanted to do was run, and I spent a lot of today (between dog walks and various errands) convincing myself to make a poor decision. I'd actually decided several time to just give up on this week and not do anything again today, but then, while lying on the couch deciding yet again to not do anything, I made a deal with myself. I didn't have to time it, I just had to go, but if I didn't time it, I had to do 2 loops. If I wanted to stop and walk a bit I could, but only on the downhills. I didn't have to pick up the pace on the flat bit at the end, but I had to not stop running. My reward for doing these things would be that I only had to do stretching tonight and could play video games all night, and stay up 1 hour later than my bedtime if I wanted to.

So, satisfied with this deal and the resulting reward, I went. It felt slow, and I had a stitch in my side within the first 350m, but I met all my requirements. I did stop to walk once, on the second downhill, lap 2, but that was it, and it was only from the School Crossing sign to the fire hydrant (50m, maybe? Maybe not even that, I'm bad at judging distance). I tired to make a last minute deal with myself that if I didn't walk at all I could have 2 lines of chocolate after dinner rather than one, but that wasn't motivating enough...

My hamstrings cramped up almost immediately after I got home, so I stretched some things right away (I'm bad at stretching when I'm still nice and warm, even though I know it's better if I do), and I'll do the rest after dinner (I'll probably throw some mobility in there too, despite my deal, but probably not the full 3 sets). Dinner will be fairly healthy to make up for the McDonalds I ate earlier (I tried something new, it wasn't even that good and is still kinda sitting in my stomach 6 hours later...) Get up time was good this morning (I set my alarm a bit later, but I got up almost right away). Bedtime will be a challenge due to video games, even with my allowance of 1 more hour, but that's the goal I'm doing best at, so that's extra motivation.

• Like 1

Four Week Schedule

Sunday - strength (pm)

Monday - PREP practice (run)

Tuesday - strength (am)

Wednesday - run

Thursday - strength (am)

Friday - run

Saturday - nadda

After this week, I think I'll take a break from the PREP practices. I'm really only going this week so I can settle up what I owe and talk the guy about how to best get in contact with him if I wanted to schedule a few more down the line. I'm really debating what I want to do regarding this, and it's a bit up in the air until I find out if I get the job I applied for or not. Because that job would involve some by-law enforcement, which looks good on a police resume, I feel like, if I get it, I should probably do it for a few months before applying to any police services, just to say I have some actual experience, and I don't think it'd look very good if I were to get a brand new job and then immediately apply for another one (though it grinds my gears a bit to come to this conclusion, I really don't want to wait, I want to be a cop now, but it feels like the right choice no matter how much I don't want it to). If that's the case, I don't really need to redo the physical until the late summer/fall (I will have to requalify for the 2 written tests too, come November (?), but I'll worry about that when the time comes, and I don't have to do all 3 at once if I don't want to, I can spread them out). But if I don't get the job, I'll probably want to start applying to police services sooner rather than later, which means I'd need to redo the physical sooner rather than later.

Either way, I think taking a break from the practices would be good, and I can just work on my cardio/endurance at home. I've got the circuit down, and would only need a couple refreshers to get the rhythm of it before taking the actual test, the thing holding me back is my fitness, and I don't need to go to practices to work on that.

• Like 2

I love how you got yourself up and did it.    I've had similar battles with myself, and I am glad to see you came out victorious.   Especially during playoffs!     Sounds like you're doing a lot of brain thinking too, and you're coming away with good insight and ideas.

You're doing great Obax, really really.

Sounds like a break from PREP is a good idea no matter what happens.

Indeed. Sometimes a break is the best thing, and really, I know what I need to do to get where I need to be, more practices right now won't make me know it more.

I love how you got yourself up and did it.    I've had similar battles with myself, and I am glad to see you came out victorious.   Especially during playoffs!     Sounds like you're doing a lot of brain thinking too, and you're coming away with good insight and ideas.

You're doing great Obax, really really.

Thanks. I felt a lot better after I went. Well, I felt still tired and blah, and running never makes me feel 'good', but I didn't feel disappointed in myself.

• Like 1

Four Week Sunday

Worked today, and planned to doing strength stuff in the PM, but a wild Change of Plans appeared!! My sister texted me not long after I got home from work asking me to edit her report card comments, which I always do for her, so I ate dinner then went over there and did it. I was hoping it wouldn't take too long and I could still squeeze in a workout, but alas, that was not the way of things. I ended up staying 'til fairly late, and getting home in time to get to bed on time, but I didn't stretch or anything either.

Four Week Monday

PREP practice. I went to this one because the guy that runs it is much easier to communicate with in person than by email, and I wanted to make sure I knew what was what for the coming months. I had a good time on the circuit, maybe my best ever, but only made 5.5 on the shuttle. But then I rested for a bit, long enough for a couple sips of water, then finished the test off, and went 2 laps past 7. The speed at that level was hard, but I did it, but I definitely couldn't have without the rest, my legs just didn't have it. In the part after the rest, I was able to lengthen my stride quite a bit, and while my cardio was strained a bit by the speed, the longer strides did make it easier. This is something I'm going to try to focus on during my runs, as much as I can with the hills (see below for further comments about this).

On the plus side, I was talking with the guy that runs it and he mentioned the OPP were going to do a practice there at some point in the future. I mentioned that I might like to attend that one, less for the practice and more for the opportunity to maybe meet someone in the OPP recruiting department. He gave me his non-school email and said he'd let me know when the OPP had set a date, so I can sign up for it, and he'd make a point of introducing me to the OPP recruiter, which I totally appreciate, at the very least it gives me an automatic ice breaker so I can keep my 20 seconds of courage for something else. And hopefully by then I can manage a pass on the test, since I'd rather not fail it in front of a recruiter, even if it's not the real test.

Went over to my sister's after, to drop off a silly surprise, but then ended up staying to watch the end of the ball game and have a discussion about the difference between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation with respect to the Native Literature unit her class did (she's a highschool teacher). Got home at 10:55, so bedtime will not be met, I've decided to warm up a bit (it got COLD today, I think I might be glad I left my snow tires on...) then stretch.

The guy at the PREP practice gave me some ideas to help my running training, which sound horrible to do, which probably means they're effective. I think I'll try to incorporate it once a week, I pretty well need a track or dry field (or long flat stretch of sidewalk, which is hard to come by in my city, and also I would feel weird doing sprints on a sidewalk why people strolled by). It's actually only sort of sprints, basically you put down a marker, then run for 30s and put down another marker where you get to. Then jog for 10s, run for 10s, sprint for 10s, walk back, then do that 10-12 times (so basically intervals). The idea being you will move the marker further and further as you progress. He also suggested, during regular runs, to have intervals of lengthening my stride, for like 30s, then go back to a regular pace, then do it again, and etc. That's hard with so many hills, but I might be able to modify my route in my neighbourhood to have less hilly parts that I could try that on. I might also have to invest in a fancier watch that will beep at me at appropriate times, having to constantly glance at my wrist will annoy me, guaranteed.

Only semi related to all that, I'm toying with the idea of trying to find an actual 5k training program, one that will help me train for a particular pace (if such a thing exists). If I get this animal control job, I might like to spend the summer trying to achieve and maintain a 5 minute kilometre, I think being able to do that would be helpful for the test. If I don't get the job, I'll hopefully requalify on the physical sooner rather than later, in which case it will be my between-tests goal.

• Like 2

Nice busy day or two there.   Lots going on and lots of good planning.      I'm sure those programs exist, I just checked my Zombies, Run app and they do have some interval programs, as well as the ability to create your own.   

Four Week Tuesday

Strength stuff. Lazed a bit in bed, my missed bedtime combined with a dog scared of thunder meant not quite enough sleep last night. Procrastinated a bit this morning once I was up, the dogs were cuddly and warm and the radio was interesting. Finally got up and did some stuff, as follows:

Pushups (real) - 3x2.5

Hollow - 3x35s (hard today)

Bridge hold - 3x150s (getting boring)

Rows - 3x10 (to be done after work, will edit if it ends up different than this)

Thought I'd try real pushups, just for something different, and was surprised at how few I could do. Thinking of working on these for a while, for the change if nothing else, I feel like I had decent numbers in the past. If I'd not procrastinated as much, I would've finished off each set with knee pushups to failure, but I didn't really have time.

Tonight is volunteering, so it'll be minimal stretching and a missed bedtime (excused).

I realized I forgot to mention how I'd make up for the missed workout on Sunday, and I don't really know. I'm maybe going to the cottage this weekend, which means I'll be leaving directly after work on Friday, which means no time for a run then. I could do one or the other on Saturday at the cottage (minus the rows, if I do strength stuff), but I don't want to do both, since the point of going to the cottage is to get away and do fun stuff, and my sister and I would like to do a fair amount of geocaching. I'll have to think about this...

• Like 1

Four Week Wednesday

Nadda, other than a bit of stretching. I woke up with a headache and it just got worse through the day. Advil pushed it to the background so I could make it through work, but I went straight to bed when I got home.

Four Week Thursday

I had full intentions of doubling up today, but then I somehow lazed for half an hour. I remember my alarm going off, and then all of a sudden it was 9am and I did not have time for strengthy stuff.... I've been a bit sleep deprived all week, I think it finally caught up with me...

Ran after work. I did the first 2k in 10:25, then, on a whim, I tried something different. The flat bit of my route is almost 600m long (one intersection to the next), with the street I live on in the middle-ish (270m in one direction, 320m in the other). So, starting at my street, I jogged slowly for 270m, then ran hard back to my street, then jogged slowly 320m, then ran hard back, then did the 270m bit again (in retrospect, I should've done the 320m bit a second time too, but I thought the 270m part was 60m longer than it is). For the record, that makes about 1.7k. I technically timed it, but this was more about effort/pace than time, so I didn't bother to look.

I kinda liked this workout (as much as I can ever like running, though intervals have always held more interest for me than just going for a run). It took the dread of the second round of hills out of it, but still challenged me cardio-wise. I feel like I could do each part 4 times and it'd be a good workout all by itself, though maybe a little boring and anyone who was out in their yard might look at me funny... But it gives me another option, and works in the suggestion from the PREP practice guy to do parts of my run with lengthened strides.

Stretching will come, things are tight so I won't be skipping tonight. I got a bit of tidying done too, though not enough at this point to count towards a T. I'm very tired, so I doubt more will happen

Tomorrow will be strength stuff in the morning, and then I'll be going to the cottage this weekend. I'm going to try to get a run in on either Saturday or Sunday, but I won't be fussed if I don't, the whole point of going away is to have a break from things, and my sister and I will be doing a good amount of geocaching, so I won't be completely inactive. I'll worry about a wrap up post once I'm home.

• Like 1

Weekend Report

Cottage was good. We did geocaching both days. Saturday was nice so we did a trail we've been wanting to get to for a while now (only 1 cache along the trail, but it sounded like a real challenge). There was much climbing of very steep hills (when I got to the top of the really big on, where the cache was, I was sucking wind about as hard as after the circuit part of the police test, and my legs were burning just about the same as well). Getting to the cache was fairly straightforward, if very hilly, but then we managed to get thoroughly lost on the way back to the car, and what should have been maybe an hour long hike turned into 2.5 hours (maps are great if all the trails are on them, but when there are random trails all over the place and only some of them on the map, it makes it hard to know where you are... We even had a brilliant plan to use flag tap to Hanzel-and-Gretel our way to and from the cache, since we knew ahead of time there would be significant bushwhacking, but then we set out off the trail and completely forgot about the flag tape in my backpack...)

Today we did ones that we mostly had to drive to, with a few short walks, since it was rainy, so I was only a bit active.

I had a good bedtime Friday night, but not Saturday night, since I started reading a book and had to finish it. Get up time was good Saturday, not so good Sunday. I did not stretch, and regretted a little after all the hills on Saturday.

• Like 1

Challenge Wrap-Up

Mmmm, not bad. I feel like it's getting better as I go, but still not perfect. Also, The Count kind of fell by the wayside, so I have to rely on my memory to gauge how I feel I did on the goals... Goal for next challenge: keep up with The Count. I think the whole of my next challenge will be more or less the same as this one. The only thing I might add in is some crow practice, I rarely remember to do it when it is a goal, and this time, when it wasn't a goal, I didn't remember even once...

The Plan

Did ok on this one. There were a few missed between the runs and the strength, but overall I feel like I've been much more motivated to get it all done. The down side was that, in order to get it all done, I kinda crammed a bit at the end of the week, which is less than ideal. Goal for the next challenge: be more consistent with my regularity, ie. no cramming unless life well and truly gets that much in the way.

The timing of things (morning vs. evening) seemed to work pretty well, though I was finding myself procrastinating the morning stuff a bit at the end. I had sleep issues as a mitigating factor during that time, but that's something to work on next challenge too.

Stretching etc.

Mmm.... I say ok, but less ok than The Plan goal. Some or all of this got skipped too often. I did ok on the stretching part, it was the other mobility and physio that I sucked at. The big problem I had with this is not paying attention to the time when I'm relaxing in the evening (ie. I had plenty of time to get it done, I just didn't use my time wisely). I generally think of this stuff as 'before bed' things, and often don't realize how close bedtime is until it's too late for all. Goal for next challenge: pay better attention to time / do this in a more timely manner.

Sleeping

Actually did pretty good with this one, which is hugely surprising. There were nights when I missed (not counting volunteering nights, which don't count towards misses), but not too many, and even better, I've been really good at getting up with my alarm. Goal for next challenge: nothing different, but I think I will continue having it as a goal. It's feeling a bit like a habit, though, so if it goes well in the next challenge too I'll see if I can stick with it without it being a goal and see how that goes.

Domestic Rangering

Mmm, better than usual, but not great. The laundry pile has not reformed and I did a good job of putting laundry away eventually (mostly, there are currently 2 jackets on the floor and my clean laundry is not put away, but is at least contained in a basket). The dusting and vacuuming didn't go as well, though, as it turns out, I've discovered that I don't really need to dust every week, once every 2 weeks should be fine. Vacuuming definitely does need to be done once per week, but the fact that I'm even thinking about it is progress, so.... Goal for next challenge: be more regular about this.

Other things

Well, I did one Learning Forum... That's better than none, which is what I usually do, but I really should be more diligent about these. The ones I've done so far have been limited in their usefulness, but doing them shows I care about doing a good job, so.... Goal for next challenge: be more diligent about this, it's really only 30 minutes or so out of each week.

• Like 2