• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

obax

obax - just keep swimming

I feel like I saw a lot of positives reported throughout the challenge and you stuck around through all the ups downs and mehs.    That's a successful mark in my book!   Your sleeping improvement is something to be totally jealous of too!    I really should take a lesson out of your book. ;)    Keeping things the same as you really hammer them into habit is a good, sound plan too.    I, of course, will be there to continue cheering you on!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I feel like I saw a lot of positives reported throughout the challenge and you stuck around through all the ups downs and mehs.    That's a successful mark in my book!   Your sleeping improvement is something to be totally jealous of too!    I really should take a lesson out of your book. ;)    Keeping things the same as you really hammer them into habit is a good, sound plan too.    I, of course, will be there to continue cheering you on!

Thanks! I feel like this one has gone better than some from the recent past. I'm feeling a bit like I've got some of my motivation back, though it's still not at the level it was when I first started training for the police stuff. That said, I'm also doing more now than I was then, so I've got more to muster up motivation for.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zero Week Monday (cuz I haven't gotten to starting a new thread yet)

Originally planned for a run, but then I worked a weird shift and didn't prepare lunches ahead of time like I should have, and I ate dinner early but not early enough, and then I didn't want to run in the dark. So, I rearranged my schedule and did strength stuff instead. Went as follows:

Pushups, 20, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Dead Bugs (legs only) - 3x10 (way harder than I imagined)

Bridge hold - 3x150s

BW Rows - 3x10

Stretched, but not the rest. I cooked my food for lunches instead, I forgot it was in the fridge or I would've done it earlier.

Schedule for the rest of the week:

Tues - nadda (volunteering)

Wednesday - strength, run

Thursday - run

Friday - strength

Saturday - run

• Like 2

This zero week has not gone at all according to plan. It's hard to stick to the plan when your brain decides you don't really need sleep...................

Gonna post my challenge this weekend sometime, I hope, I just haven't had the brain power to form more than a couple of sentences at once.

On the plus side, I have a second interview for the job I applied for tomorrow morning. I have no idea what to expect or what to do to prepare, which is freaking me out just a bit. People keep saying it means I got the job, but we'll see. I'm just trying to go into it open minded so I don't get caught off guard no matter what happens. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

• Like 3

Yay!  Grats on second interview.  Sounds like you are approaching it right.  You got this.   Be your cool, awesome self.  :)

Worry about other brain stuff later.

Just catching up on your challenge finish, looks like things are still moving forward!  Great news on getting an intro to the recruiter, and some new ideas for training is great.  Even if they totally blow while doing them, changing up the training is probably a good thing!  

And a second interview!  That's awesome!

Congratulations!  Hope it went well!

Interview #2 went well, much better than interview #1. I made them laugh a lot, which I think is a good thing, and I showed my personality much better. They're deciding by mid-next week, so keep those fingers crossed just a little longer!

Also, shiny new challenge!

• Like 1