• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

The Great Hall: Ranger General Chatter

I've seen others comment on this but I have to say it's so awesome how encouraging this community is. The only other forums I've participated in was a personal finance one and there was a lot of negativity and "You're doing it wrong, you should do this". It wasn't all that, but way more than I've seen here. So you guys are awesome and keep it up!

• Like 15

A hooded figure appears in the doorway, his cloak soaked from the rain as he made his travels that day.  The figure took a quick stock of the room, recognizing a few faces but seeing plenty of new ones and made his way to the barkeep.  A few unheard exchanges and a leather pouch slid across the bar as the figure moved to the a chair with a wall to his back; he stuck his knife in the center of the table and prepped his pipe to light incense since he never actually smoked but enjoyed the smells. You see the barkeep pouring rounds for everyone and overhear him saying Courtesy of the hooded one. Said he used to be a regular. 

The figure drew his hood back and the older faces recognized Tialoredron from the previous year he spent in the Ranger Hall, but went off on his own a few months back and hadn't heard from him in a while.  He seems friendly enough, but he isn't engaging with anyone who doesn't come to him.

Hey guys and gals! Good to see everyone doing well and bringing in some new Rangers! Alas, I am still not doing any challenges but I would be more than happy to cheer you guys on from the sideline.  I am still doing well and working on my own epic quest of awesome, but posting about it hasn't been a priority of mine. 

For the Rebellion!

• Like 8

I spent  some time outside in the sun reading Ready Player One instead of prepping my challenge, but I am planning on hanging out with Rangers again. 

Today was a warm spring day, and I was able to do some bear crawls and shoveglove (sledgehammer) stuff in my barefeet. I love spring!

• Like 13

Hi everyone! I'm taking a trip to the Druids for a challenge or two while I recover from injury, because DO ALL THE THINGS, ALL THE TIME, HARDER FASTER AND STRONGER is the only way I know of operating, and I need to.... not do that??? Arcane wisdom indeed.

But you won't get rid of me that easily, I'll be stalking your threads for some vicarious Rangering.

• Like 9

On 30-3-2016 at 11:51 PM, Jarric said:

Hi all, thought I'd join you lovely people for the next challenge.

I'm into a mix of things exercise wise, (swimming, walking/hiking/marching, badminton, strength training, martial arts) so think Rangers is for me! Also, you guys seem really cool :).

On 31-3-2016 at 4:17 AM, ladyelmo1 said:

anigif_enhanced-30257-1415102392-5.gif

Hello!!!!

Finally finding my feet with NF forums and the whole challenge thing. I've posted an awesome Disney based challenge and am ready for what this month brings! 

I will now commence singing "Diggy Diggy Hole" for the next few days.  Seriously, that is one badass earworm!

22 hours ago, LordKronos87 said:

I'm here.

I didn't do so well on my last challenge - illness, then depression, and I never really recovered from that funk.  I'm hoping this one goes better.  Right now, I feel a little intimidated by it because of my past failure.

14 hours ago, athousandwords said:

I took the last 2 challenges off so I love coming back and seeing all the hype!!  Feels like the perfect time to come back and get motivated again!

giphy.gif

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW RANGERS :D

• Like 4

Yaaay new Rangers! Make yourself at home. <3

Hey innkeeper! A round of coffee for these fine folk, please; it's on me today. ;)

0a7519a812a9f401a67ded5bd369c400.jpg

• Like 6

15 hours ago, BitterOyster said:

Hi everyone! I'm taking a trip to the Druids for a challenge or two while I recover from injury, because DO ALL THE THINGS, ALL THE TIME, HARDER FASTER AND STRONGER is the only way I know of operating, and I need to.... not do that??? Arcane wisdom indeed.

But you won't get rid of me that easily, I'll be stalking your threads for some vicarious Rangering.

Ok, so that's where you went, birthday buddy! Awesome. *Wolf goes off to stalk Oyster* I'm sending all the healing vibes I can to you and Terra! I wish you guys the utmost speedy recovery!

.....And, Welcome to all the new Rangers!! It's very exciting to have everyone aboard :)

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:
21 hours ago, Maigahane said:

it's so awesome how encouraging this community is

:D

Indeed! It's hard to to stay away from this place.

Wolf

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I spent  some time outside in the sun reading Ready Player One instead of prepping my challenge, but I am planning on hanging out with Rangers again. 

I'm glad you're sticking around here!  But I did warn you before that it's easy to pop into the guild, assume you'll just try it out for a challenge or two, and then end up going native. ;)  

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm glad you're sticking around here!  But I did warn you before that it's easy to pop into the guild, assume you'll just try it out for a challenge or two, and then end up going native. ;)  

Truth. I thought I'd defect to Assassin after a challenge or two, but got comfy here.

• Like 4

I'm super pumped for this challenge, can't wait!

Question time: is anyone else getting insane numbers of Tapatalk notifications every time someone they follow does anything (I'm getting notifications because people I follow post in threads that I don't follow, or in threads that I do follow, or blow their nose, or anything). I can't get it to stop and it's driving me nuts, I've been trying every configuration of settings that might help (but all I did was start getting emails as well, which I managed to stop). HALP?!

7 minutes ago, Geek On Fire said:

We need to recruit this 9 year old. She's a ranger all the way!

Love it. Though I am surprised the media isn't accusing the parent of child abuse/endangerment as I have seen with parents encouraging things like this in the past. 

• Like 4

Just now, WorldSparrow said:

Love it. Though I am surprised the media isn't accusing the parent of child abuse/endangerment as I have seen with parents encouraging things like this in the past. 

Hopefully they don't try that angle. I think it's great that her dad encouraged it as a non violent response to her being bullied.

Parenting done right, I say.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, maegs said:

I'm super pumped for this challenge, can't wait!

Question time: is anyone else getting insane numbers of Tapatalk notifications every time someone they follow does anything (I'm getting notifications because people I follow post in threads that I don't follow, or in threads that I do follow, or blow their nose, or anything). I can't get it to stop and it's driving me nuts, I've been trying every configuration of settings that might help (but all I did was start getting emails as well, which I managed to stop). HALP?!

I'm having the same problem. I even turned off notifications unless someone quotes me but I still am getting them. I'm debating uninstalling Tapatalk and just using the mobile site because it's actually really good now (it's what I'm using right now actually). It used to be not great but now it's superrr functional and I really like it.

• Like 2

A long-time warrior, I feel like it's time to join you Rangers for a challenge (my first)!  Just getting started on setting goals, and while still heavily steeped in strength, I'll be working a lot more on my endurance, agility, and mobility. 

I'll post my beginning stats and goals tomorrow, I just need to do a little more research in what all I should be focusing on/setup/etc. Also, I need to do some character creation - good thing I've already rolled and have my base stats and the aesthetics are done (seriously, the most time-consuming bit of a game that has that option).

Can't wait to get started with the guild!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ravis said:

A long-time warrior, I feel like it's time to join you Rangers for a challenge (my first)!  Just getting started on setting goals, and while still heavily stepped in strength, I'll be working a lot more on my endurance, agility, and mobility. 

I'll post my beginning stats and goals tomorrow, I just need to do a little more research in what all I should be focusing on/setup/etc. Also, I need to do some character creation - good thing I've already rolled and have my base stats and the aesthetics are done (seriously, the most time-consuming bit of a game that has that option).

Can't wait to get started with the guild!

Welcome!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raxie said:

I'm having the same problem. I even turned off notifications unless someone quotes me but I still am getting them. I'm debating uninstalling Tapatalk and just using the mobile site because it's actually really good now (it's what I'm using right now actually). It used to be not great but now it's superrr functional and I really like it.

I just had a look at the mobile website, I think this is the route I'll be taking. I've been averaging a notification every 6 minutes - but that's over the course of a couple days. In reality, it's much less at night, and then during the day my phone blows up.

time-to-go-mobile-o-s.gif

(mobile site that is)

• Like 2

Rangers, the challenge starts tomorrow. Are you Ready?

Welcome to the new Rangers, and welcome back to the old. We have had our zero week, and now we are rested, fresh, and prepared to take this new challenge. It stands before us, mocking us, telling us to just let go, just skip this one workout, just fudge our diet this one time, just wait till tomorrow, and the next day. We will work on it eventually. It is too hard, too much work and not worth it.

We know better. The effort is worth it because we are worth it. Nothing is too hard because we do not stand alone. When things get tough, we have our brothers and sister to lift us up. When things look dark, we have our fellow Rangers to turn on a light. When procrastination tries to distract us, we have our comrades to tap it on one shoulder while another punches it in the face.

We do not give up, we do not stop, we do not quit. We are Rangers, we are going to destroy this challenge, we are going to leave a smoking crater where once stood difficulty. We will lift, we will run, we will bend, we will eat, and we will do it TOGETHER!

GLORY AWAITS YOU, you need only go forth and claim it. Will you join me? WILL YOU CLAIM YOUR GLORY!

Let's rock!

• Like 18

11 hours ago, Raxie said:

That is what I ended up doing...I couldn't keep up with all the notifications...I have a thing about clearing them all so was hard to get anything else done :( 

• Like 2