meditation

drink at least 3l a day

floss teeth

5 Tibetans

freggies

daily studying

follow my workout plan

ZERO WEEK GAME

So this challenge will be slightly different. I have so many different hobbies and things I want to do. I just never can’t decide what of these things to do. So because I’m a roleplaying nerd, I’ll let the dice decide. Like my combo system I’ll have one goal from each category again.

1. Train my brain

• Joker: I got to pick one

• music portfolio: write about one of the texts

• music project: start a portfolio for this one

• art portfolio: Buy a new book for this one and write one page when you pick this goal

• do something artsy: Drawing, sketching, practice guitar, writing, …

• English pronunciation

• English presentation: mock test

• EW paper: write at least one page or correct what you have written already

• German paper: pick a book and start with this one

• Critical: What gave me the most trouble until now.

2. Housework/Workouts

• 0 Joker I got to pick one

• 1 Clean bathroom // Strength training

• 2 Clean toilet // practice Tai Chi form

• 3 Laundry // Steve’s beginner bodyweight training

• 4 Finish decluttering my office // fencing

• 5 Clean kitchen and floor // fire spinning

• 6 Vacuum all the rooms // Booty workout

• 7 5 Tibetans

• 8 8 brocades

• 9 Critical: What gave me the most trouble until now.

3. Life goals

•  

• 0 Joker I got to pick one

• 1 Get rid of another 10 items

• 2 Sell something on ebay

• 3 Focus on my teeth

• 4 prepare lunch box for next day

• 5 fruits and vegetables

• 6 no pasta and bread day

• 7 try new recipe

• 8 restart your sweets and snacks challenge // finish reading a book this week

• 9 Critical: What gave me the most trouble until now.

I’ll replace some of the housework goals with workouts as soon as they are done. I was ill last challenge and don’t want to have a workout every day in the first week. So I’ll role three D10 for every day of the week and determine which goals I have to focus on this day. That doesn’t mean I can’t do anything else from the list, too. And hopefully I get some fencing in again.

Klingent%C3%A4nzer-Schwertgesellen-Duell

Oh and I finally updated my measurements. So my boobs shrinked. o.O

measurements.png

• Like 3

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Haus_Culming_Wappen_klein.gif

Achievements

• Get rid of 100 items this challenge
  • Finish my papers
  • Draw five pictures this challenge
  • 42 consecutive days without processed snacks (self-made desserts are allowed) 5/42
  • Do my Tibetans on consecutive 70 days 5/70
  • Manage to learn my Tai Chi form by heart
  • Read the Dresden files
  • Read the whole Discworld 4/41
  • Like 1

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Alea iacta est

Week 1:

Monday: 028 (Joker, toilet, restart)

Tuesday: 565 (pronunciation, vacuum, freggies)

Wednesday: 620 (mock test, Tai Chi, Joker]

Thursday: 657 (mock test, kitchen, recipe)

Friday: 123 (music portfolio, Tai Chi, teeth)

Saturday: 321 (art portfolio, Tai Chi, declutter)

Sunday: 376 (art portfolio, Tibetans, paleo)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Weekly summarys

Week 1

Monday finished my roled goals in the morning and watched some others, too. As Joker I chose "Getting artsy" and continued drawing some illustrations for our role playing game. I'm writing a journal for our game and would like to illustrate some of the cool places we went to. But it's still not that good and I have a hard time drawing on my tablet. Perhaps I should read some tutorials. Oh and my boyfriend is now happy, because he can have all the chocolate bunnies I didn't eat on Sunday. ^^ For the "no sweets challenge" I'll focus on processd snacks now. If I take my time to make dessert it's all right to have something. But I'll try to keep the number of these low. We had barbecue yesterday and I resisted having cake with the others before we fired the grill. Instead I head some fruits. This second goal really helps me to resist the not so healthy sugar.

• Tibetans done
  • drank 4,5l
  • ate my freggies
  • drew a little on my tablet
  • restarted my no sweets challenge
  • brushed my teeth twice and used the damn interdental brushes and floss
  • Cleaned the guest toilet before the guests arrived

Tuesday I finished my goals at about 4pm. Vacuuming took a lot of time, because I had to tidy up first. My belly was a little upset today. I guess it could have been the fish I ate for lunch. Therefore I didn't eat anything else today and instead drank a lot. I just realised my old English trainer doesn't work anymore. It always states "Couldn't load font" and crashes. That's really a pitty.

• Tibetans done
  • drank 6,5l
  • ate a lot of vegetables
  • no sweets today
  • brushed my teeth three times and yes I used the interdental brushes again
  • vacuumed all the rooms
  • tidied up my office
  • practiced my AE pronunciation for half an hour or so

Wednesday was odd. I think I have to incorporate restdays into this challenge. Because I feel like I still burnout easily. My motivation was so low, I didn't start doing my quests before 18 o'clock. o.O Or I was still tired from yesterday, when the fish struck me. Who knows. Oh mhh so there is still the Joker. I should decide what to take there.

• Tibetans done
  • drank 3l
  • ate an orange and only some vegetables
  • still no snacks, although it was tempting
  • brushed my teeth twice
  • tried to practice my Tai Chi form (I'm so bad at it at the moment...)
  • read in the book, I have to use for studying English next semester

Thursday I finished my tasks before 13 o'clock. I'm going to visit a friend to learn for her test. So I had to get that done before I leave. In the Evening we'll be going to the cinema. So I won't tag "no sweets" yet. But I'm determined.

• Tibetans done
  • drank 5l
  • ate my freggies
  • cleaned the kitchen
  • prepared for my mock test in two weeks
  • Tried a new recipe: a fruity curry
  • no sweets

Friday the goals weren't that hard. At least they didn't feel hard.

• Tibetans done
  • drank 3,5l until now
  • ate my freggies
  • continued to declutter my office
  • continued with my music portfolio
  • no sweets yet
  • brushed my teeth after every meal. My gums are finally bleeding less now. Nice.

Spoiler

(Under construction)

Workouts and useful resources

Workouts

Strength training

Booty workout

Tai Chi form

5 Tibetans

8 brocades

Steve's beginner bw training

Resources

Meditation

Swordmanship

Drawing

Spoiler

Such a cool idea for a challenge. Can't wait to see how it goes for you! :D 

It's probably not one I would choose, but that's only because the dice are trying to kill me. At all times. Wherever and whenever I roll them. So, I tend to avoid them.

• Like 1

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |

Wednesday was odd. I think I have to incorporate restdays into this challenge. Because I feel like I still burnout easily. My motivation was so low, I didn't start doing my quests before 18 o'clock. o.O Or I was still tired from yesterday, when the fish struck me. Who knows. Oh mhh so there is still the Joker. I should decide what to take there.

• Tibetans done
  • drank 3l
  • ate an orange and only some vegetables
  • still no snacks, although it was tempting
  • brushed my teeth twice
  • tried to practice my Tai Chi form (I'm so bad at it at the moment...)
  • read in the book, I have to use for studying English next semester

So you can't quote parts of a post anymore. That's really odd. So I did it another way. I really miss the function, where you could write the bbc code directly without using the buttons. And switch between code and editor...

So you can't quote parts of a post anymore. That's really odd. So I did it another way. I really miss the function, where you could write the bbc code directly without using the buttons. And switch between code and editor...

Like I wrote. This day was strange. I'll have a look on that one. I'm still coughing. My motivation is really low. Perhaps I should get some more sleep. Or it's because I stopped taking my vitamins a few days ago, because I thought I wouldn't need them anymore. I'm not sure.

Tai Chi: I first tried to practice the form, we're doing at my course. But I'm so out of practice... I always mixed up my feet and hand. So I decided to pracise some singular movements and than I realised something amiss... I searched for some videos for Cloud hands, because my teacher always said something like "die wolken schieben" at one point and I tried to search for the move. And somehow everything I got for cloud hands was totally different from what we're doing. So I'm not really sure what to do. :/ The dice decided I should practise at home. The course starts again in two weeks or so, so I have to practise alone until than.

Gosh now it's all messed up. And I can't edit it, because everything is now in the quote. Now I'm annoyed.... *sigh*

@Kishi, Kyllen, buck Thanks for following along. It's still a test. Let's see how it goes this week. And perhaps I'll adjust for week 1.

EDITHa, I did it. I fixed it in the mobile version. Beware of my forum mojo. *laughs manically*

Spoiler

On 29. März 2016 at 4:39 PM, buckswrath said:

Using RNG is a really cool idea! Following along. Good luck. :D

I had to google that acronym, but than it all made sense. ^^ and good luck is exactly the right expression for this challenge. Thanks for following.

On 29. März 2016 at 0:39 AM, Kishi said:

Echoing BW. Rolling dice is an awesomely nerdy way to set things up. I approve of this measure, especially as someone who's also rolling dice in his training.

All right! Let's iron the kinks out and get ready for the challenge!

I still have to figure out, if this is a SMART approach, but I like it so far. :)

18 hours ago, Kyellan said:

Such a cool idea for a challenge. Can't wait to see how it goes for you! :D 

It's probably not one I would choose, but that's only because the dice are trying to kill me. At all times. Wherever and whenever I roll them. So, I tend to avoid them.

Oh, they don't want to kill you. They just love hilarious outcomes. Glad to have you here again.

----------

Doing my Tibetans in the morning again. Today keeping away from snacks will be hard. We're going to go to the cinema and watch Zoomania. And usually that involwes my bf getting an unreasonable big amount of popcorn and him feeling sick from the sugar rush. I should definitly remind him, that I won't share this time.

• Like 3

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Oh, they don't want to kill you. They just love hilarious outcomes. Glad to have you here again.

You just made my day. :D I might have to make this into a t-shirt!

The Dice Aren't Trying to Kill Me

They Just Love Hilarious Outcomes

• Like 1

Challenges

58 minutes ago, Kyellan said:

You just made my day. :D I might have to make this into a t-shirt!

The Dice Aren't Trying to Kill Me

They Just Love Hilarious Outcomes

Hehe, obliged to serve. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I own a set of dice that I like to break out for when things are going a little too well, or in a situation which would be hilarious. Dice shaming is totally a thing and I love it! What's the point in playing if you don't die in a suitably humorous or heroic fashion? :congratulatory:

Haven't had an RPG group in years, but hoping one will start up again in the next few months.

• Like 1

Level 2  Mul Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 1.5
Challenges : 1 2

My new felt-tips came today. But my bullet journal won't be here before tomorrow. So I'll have to wait to use them. But jay for rainbowcolored felt-tips.

And I resisted the snacks yesterday. No popcorn for me. Jay!

Today I finished my roled goals around 13 o'clock. That was nice, too. I think the dice are with me.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

I own a set of dice that I like to break out for when things are going a little too well, or in a situation which would be hilarious. Dice shaming is totally a thing and I love it! What's the point in playing if you don't die in a suitably humorous or heroic fashion? :congratulatory:

Haven't had an RPG group in years, but hoping one will start up again in the next few months.

Check 2:15, and 4:12 to see proof. The dice-curse exists. Beware!

1 hour ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

My new felt-tips came today. But my bullet journal won't be here before tomorrow. So I'll have to wait to use them. But jay for rainbowcolored felt-tips.

And I resisted the snacks yesterday. No popcorn for me. Jay!

Today I finished my roled goals around 13 o'clock. That was nice, too. I think the dice are with me.

No snacks, woot! Be careful, the dice might just be pretending. :D

• Like 3

Haha, dice shaming.

This was a fun week. But I think I'll have a normal challenge for the  four weeks. At least this week helped me to come up with some goals and try out a few things.

I'll post my goals later. Now I have to resist all the cake. ^^

• Like 2

Spoiler

On 4/3/2016 at 8:16 AM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

I'll post my goals later. Now I have to resist all the cake. ^^

How did the cake party go?

11 hours ago, Kishi said:

Remember: if the dice fail you, exile them to Siberia by putting them in the freezer. I swear it works.

I will try this next time.

• Like 1

Challenges

19 minutes ago, Kyellan said:

How did the cake party go?

I had only one piece of cake (and it wasn't that big) although there were five different cakes, so I'll say I won. ^^

Oh, and even the digital dice were friendly this weekend. We played MOTW again and I rolled a 6, 6 a few times, which is a critical hit. Very cool. Sadly we still got our a** kicked. Somehow we didn't find the right strategy to approach this monsters.

Tonight I'll be playing DSA again. We'll have a small session with half of the group. And I decided to try out a new recipe, because it's my job to cook today. Hopefully I remember to take some pictures this time.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Day 1

no sweets check.png
meditation check.png
drink at least 3l a day check.png
floss teeth check.png
5 Tibetans check.png
freggies check.png
daily studying check.png
follow my workout plan check.png

I missed my last train and had to crash at their couch again. At least the dices were with me during an odd moment. I got a 6 1 1 which means I get a Spezielle Erfahrung in Geschichtswissen. Which means I now get another point in history knowledge for less Exp points. Haha... My character more and more becomes a nerd. I also had a good role for telling storys. Her profession is Herold so it still fits.

Edit: Oh and my journal said, I did my meditation in the morning yesterday. So I got everything done after all. Nice. And I practised some fencing for the Ranger mini challenge.

• Like 2

Spoiler

On 30.3.2016 at 10:05 PM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Tai Chi: I first tried to practice the form, we're doing at my course. But I'm so out of practice... I always mixed up my feet and hand. So I decided to pracise some singular movements and than I realised something amiss... I searched for some videos for Cloud hands, because my teacher always said something like "die wolken schieben" at one point and I tried to search for the move. And somehow everything I got for cloud hands was totally different from what we're doing. So I'm not really sure what to do. :/ The dice decided I should practise at home. The course starts again in two weeks or so, so I have to practise alone until than.

Hey, following along... any progress on this?

I can't give any concrete advice on this, as our styles are so different. But i would try to write down what exaclty bothers you about the movement and try to work from there.

For example: (this is supposed to be a line of thoughts ;-)) "The movement doesn't feel right..."=>"Can i name the part or the section that does'nt feel right"=>Is there some part of the move i don't really get?=>Write the your question down=>And ask your teacher about it and show him/her how you do the movement.

If your teacher has a more martial artsy approach, i would ask about applications for the movement. And try to figure out how this the movement ist supposed to make sense in a fighting context.

Foo in the druids section also seems to do Yang Style... maybe talk to him?

Day 2
no sweets 102.png
meditation 102.png
drink at least 3l a day 102.png
floss teeth 102.png
5 Tibetans 102.png
freggies 102.png
daily studying 102.png
follow my workout plan 102.png 

Day 3
no sweets  102.png
meditation 102.png
drink at least 3l a day 102.png
floss teeth 102.png
5 Tibetans 102.png
freggies 102.png
daily studying 102.png
follow my workout plan  102.png

and I finished my goal for the ranger mini challenge and duelled my bf. I lost. But at least we're training again.

i also cooked a lot in batches for the rest of the week. I'll post a few recipes soon.

thank for the tip @Chen Wangting I'll try that out. Oh and I now can do the first two minutes by heart and practise them twice a day. Sweet.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Kishi said:

Cool! Looks like playing the game is really helping you get something out of this challenge. You seem to be excited about this in a way that you normally aren't.

I don't know. Getting back into practicing with the sword really is exciting. Although it's really sad I forgot so much. I still know how the movements go, just my body doesn't. It's an odd feeling. And I can't train for more than ten minutes at once, because than the sword feels really heavy. I guess some more strength training would be good as well. I'll incorporate that next week, when I meet up with the guys again. The fitness rooms of my university open up again next week. I'm really eager about this, because this semester I want to try out capoeira, too.

Getting up early was really hard today. I didn't hear my alarm at six and got up 15 minutes late. I'm glad I tried to get an earlier train. So I guess I'll still be there in time. At least if everything goes according to my plan. There are a few construction sites on the route.

Hopefully I'll have enough energy in the evening to do my dailys. My lessons take until 4 pm and I'm not really used to that at the moment.

• Like 1

Spoiler