• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

4 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

The Age of Pandora did look like a fun way to structure a challenge.  I'll look forward to hearing your impressions of it if you give it a road test.  

Do let us know indeed, I have been wanting to give it a go myself but had to keep it off due to my knee. :/

• Like 1

Very cool. Another representation of the Ancient Mother. I really liked your detailing of the symbols and rituals, particularly that the horn/cup used in ritual was symbolic of the Nornir watering the roots of the World Tree. Layers of symbology make me very happy!

• Like 3

Challenge Wrapup

So, I walked the circle this last challenge and it is a little less "out of round" than when I started. I still wouldn't want the same configuration for a bicycle tire, though, it would be a bumpy ride!

What follows is a mix of retrospective and ideas about where it all points for next challenge and beyond.

What went well:

1) I upped my sleep by almost 2 hours per night by the last week of the challenge, going from averaging 5 hours to seven. I do well on 7 hours of sleep with an occasional nap or sleeping in a couple hour one day on the weekend if needed. Now, the challenge will be maintaining that. I achieved that goal before only to let it slip away when things got crazy in the winter. I am determined that will not happen again.

2) I made some progress on automating more of my systems and am doing better with handling the deluge of things I have to do through my email and calendar improvements. This has led me to some new thoughts on how to improve some other systems over the course of the next couple of challenges: a revised set of daily routines, a system of modular "kits" for my more mobile lifestyle these days to help me organize the stuff I need to cart around for work, lessons, working out, and travelling, and a personalized tracking and to do app.

3) I like using the Tarot for my challenge themes so far. It helps me focus and to approach things in a more fun and intuitive way. That works well for me, especially since I simply haven't had the time to do the more imaginative gamified things I've wanted to do. I have come up with a multi-challenge sequence that should address all of the major areas I want to improve over the course of the year. It also provides a good framework for gamification and a storyline if I can make the time for that. We shall see. 

4) I made some big shifts and decisions about career and business directions in the last month. I've also been saying "No" to more things as a direct result of clarifying those things. I'm feeling freer, more focused, and a lot more energized as a result.

What stayed the same:

1) Weight steady; eating habits steady. That's getting boring, though, so I am about ready to gear up for another round of nutrition improvements/experiments, better kitchen skillz, and more weight loss. 

2) Level of exertion is pretty much the same. Walking, stretching, posture exercises. I need more strength work and to start bumping up the cardio again. 

What did not go well:

1) My time for creativity fizzled out halfway through the challenge. I got swamped with work again and the thing that suffered was my time for fun. The juggling got set aside and I never got to any drawing. I did get back to Digital Storytellers once and confessed that I have not been doing any writing lately. We had some idea sharing about ways to nurture creativity and make time for it. Those ideas are sprinkled through "What Worked", items 2, 3, and 4 above and in my plans for next challenge. 

• Like 6

So a lot of improvement, some stayed the same, and only a little fell over. All up a great challenge.

Looking forward to your next challenge.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 3

You are a true Renaissance Woman and a Master Ranger, so there's bound to be stuff you want to do but just can't get around to. No hard feelings, you kept up with what was most important. Excellent results!

• Like 4

Sleep is honestly the one thing I constantly struggle with. I need at least 7hrs like you, and then a bit of a sleep in over the weekend, but I'm lucky if I manage 7hrs at night. I'm trying to increase to 7.5hrs this challenge. I like the mobile kits idea for the different situations!

8 hours ago, ShadowLion said:

I made some big shifts and decisions about career and business directions in the last month. I've also been saying "No" to more things as a direct result of clarifying those things. I'm feeling freer, more focused, and a lot more energized as a result.

So glad for you! :love_heart: 

• Like 1