• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Fixer Chronicles, Ch. 1

The Holy Grail: I’m running my first ever Spartan and second ever OCR on April 23rd with @Slates in Italy.

The concept: I have created a complicated set of rules that plays out much like a manager game. It is set in the Shadowrun world and due to its nature, it makes more sense to portray a Fixer rather than the runners themselves.

[Fixer: A Shadowrun term for an intermediate between the shadows and other parts of the society. Most Mr. Johnsons, regardless of whom they represent, will contact a fixer to set up a meet with shadowrunners.Fixers often know many powerful secrets, like the real identities of Mr. Johnsons, the runners, and such. However, they will not easily part with this information, as secrecy (plausible deniability) is part of the services they provide.]

Nutrition goal: No processed sugar, grains or dairy (with the exception of light yoghurt). Also no caffeine, as I've been converted to rooibos/redbush tea, green tea and a malt product that substitutes beautifully for instant coffee when I get the cravings.

Workout goal: It's there, but non-specific and not tracked. I'll carry on with my usual crossfit workouts and some custom stuff to improve weak points in my OCR game.

Summary: I have created runner characters for several members of the NF Rebellion. Every Monday, I get a new mission with certain parameters and a deadline for Sunday. Working out earns me money, which is spent to recruit runners for a mission. Once the recruited team’s attributes fulfill the mission parameters, it is successfully carried out and I'm allowed to take up another if I want to, with the deadline still being Sunday. Completion earns me part of the monetary reward and (usually) +1 Street Credit/Reputation. Mission failure and every Nutrition violation cost me 1 Street Credit. Runners also earn part of the reward, as well as 1 XP and 1 Heat. Obviously, XP is used to raise their Attributes but takes them out of action for a while. A high Heat score prevents them from undertaking certain missions, as they need to lay low for a while.

It will all make more sense once you see it in action!

• Like 25

34 minutes ago, skinNbones said:

How do you find redbush ? Does it taste like tea ?

Actually, I'm liking it way better than tea

FIXER MAINFRAME v.1.1

MONDAY, MAR.28 2066

>MESSAGES

>1 New Message

>> Hey there, good job with 16.5! Took your time, but we stuck around past closing time without complaining. I went ahead and wired 19.447 Nuyen to your account, so knock yourself out. ThePresident

>>> 19.447 Nuyen added. Your current account total is 19.447

>SHADOWLAND BBS

>JOBS

>1 New Message

>>I need a package delivered to a certain individual, discreetly and without any questions asked, of course. You will be handed the package and must deliver it to an individual of our designation on the Ute-Sioux borders. Forty thousand Nuyen are yours upon confirmation of the delivery.

>>>Accept Job? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Job Accepted. Do you want to hire a Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>>>>>>Accessing Runner Database...

RUNNER DATABASE

>Please enter Runner Alias

>>Charlie Quinn

large.56fa4ed0d2cbd_CharlieQuinnL0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire Charlie Quinn? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 15.447. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>Rurik

large.56fa4ed202232_RurikL0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire Rurik? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 11.447. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>Agnarr

large.56fa4ecfe6093_AgnarrL0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire Agnarr? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 7.447. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>N

• Like 14

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It will all make more sense once you see it in action!

And here I thought I just hadn't had enough coffee ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Nutrition goal: No processed sugar, grains or dairy (with the exception of light yoghurt). Also no caffeine, as I've been converted to rooibos/redbush tea, green tea and a malt product that substitutes beautifully for instant coffee when I get the cravings.

Your challenge looks really interesting!!! I am going to follow, and TRY to keep up lol Oh, as for malt, don't forget that malt is a grain, and if you are trying to avoid gluten, malt is gluten. I only say this because I can't have gluten and malt is in friggin' everything!!! lol 

• Like 1

I'm SO EXCITED. It's almost the same month now. 

I'll be good this challenge and post today to make it a 5 week, I gotta get my ass in gear. Will keep an eye on your updates and try to at least try to shadow your awesomeness.

• Like 4

Dude this is the COOLEST thing ever!!!  Totally in to watch it play out!

OH HOLY CRAP I remember when you and Slates signed up for that OCR, wow that was last year, and now it's here!  GOSH SO COOL.

I really want to like rooibos tea but something about the flavor always turns me off.  Maybe I haven't found the right one for me?

• Like 3

This is amazing!! Love the character sheets, looks like you really put some time and thought into this :)

I'm really confused about this conversation though:

9 hours ago, skinNbones said:

Cool DR !

How do you find redbush ? Does it taste like tea ?

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Actually, I'm liking it way better than tea

Roibos IS tea, isn't it!? It's the only tea I actually really like (except for some fruit teas)

• Like 3