• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Fixer Chronicles, Ch. 1

Recommended Posts

A pleasant surprise to see you doing some legwork (Shadowrun term for pre-mission research, recon and intel gathering) there @Marauder. The fun part of it is you'll get some of the more subtle nuances of my writing, such as the impact of that mission in your area and a potential link to the final fate of the Ute Nation.

 

Here's a little something to help you:

The most notable archetypes are Street Samurai, characters who have heavily augmented their bodies with cyberware and bioware and focus on combat; Adepts, characters who have magical abilities that increase their own abilities; Deckers or Hackers who are experts at manipulating computer networks; Riggers who augment their brains to achieve fine control over vehicles and drones; Magicians (Mages or Shamans) who cast spells and can view emotions and call spirits from astral space; and charismatic confidence tricksters and negotiators known as Faces.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DarK_RaideR said:

A pleasant surprise to see you doing some legwork (Shadowrun term for pre-mission research, recon and intel gathering) there @Marauder. The fun part of it is you'll get some of the more subtle nuances of my writing, such as the impact of that mission in your area and a potential link to the final fate of the Ute Nation.

 

Here's a little something to help you:

The most notable archetypes are Street Samurai, characters who have heavily augmented their bodies with cyberware and bioware and focus on combat; Adepts, characters who have magical abilities that increase their own abilities; Deckers or Hackers who are experts at manipulating computer networks; Riggers who augment their brains to achieve fine control over vehicles and drones; Magicians (Mages or Shamans) who cast spells and can view emotions and call spirits from astral space; and charismatic confidence tricksters and negotiators known as Faces.

 

OMG, I was reading this page and I kind of love them all.  Realistically, I'm probably a decker/hacker or shaman who wants to be a Face, but isn't quite able to pull it off.  haha!  It's a very immersive world.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I figured "Timelady Siren" probably translates to a mage or shaman. Shaarawy got to be a shaman of the cat totem (because Assassins and cat gifs) but you got the image with the dark feline on your shoulder :D

 

This is awesome.  My cat totally frequently hangs out on my shoulder.  And yeah, mage is a pretty good translation.  I usually go for debuff sort of stuff, and spells to harden myself up so I can use touch attacks and get some melee in, also spellslinger just sounds cool.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marauder said:

 

OMG, I was reading this page and I kind of love them all.  Realistically, I'm probably a decker/hacker or shaman who wants to be a Face, but isn't quite able to pull it off.  haha!  It's a very immersive world.

Shamans rely on Charisma for their spellcasting, so I might be onto something there.

 

It is indeed a very immersive, detailed and well thought-out setting. Do yourself the favor of reading the classic Captain Chaos rant, originally written sometime in the late 80s. It explains the world's baby steps down the road to hell that is the Sixth World and I love it because if you take out the magic and fantasy races, it's a scary parallel world that really could have been

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Shamans rely on Charisma for their spellcasting, so I might be onto something there.

 

It is indeed a very immersive, detailed and well thought-out setting. Do yourself the favor of reading the classic Captain Chaos rant, originally written sometime in the late 80s. It explains the world's baby steps down the road to hell that is the Sixth World and I love it because if you take out the magic and fantasy races, it's a scary parallel world that really could have been

 

The fact that it was written in the 80s is the icing on the cake.  All great things began in the 80s.  I'm off to read.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit!  The metachildren thing and Zika/microcephaly.  *shivers*  

 

I'm also having a good laugh about Denver being a smuggler's paradise since there's legal cannabis there now (which gets a lot of talk here given our proximity)

 

ETA:  I'll have to finish later.  I made it about halfway through.  Just the first 2 paragraphs are shiver-worthy.  So much truth there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

large.56fceeb85cca6_ShaarawyL0H0.JPG

 

 

DUUUUDE

 

THIS IS THE BEST

 

I AM ON TEAM KICKASS WITH 4 OTHER KICKASS REBELS

 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Let us DO THE THING.  Ahahaha I love how my stealth is 0, HELLO EVERYONE, IT ME

 

D_R you sure do have a knack for bringing rebels together. :)

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaarawy said:

Let us DO THE THING.  Ahahaha I love how my stealth is 0, HELLO EVERYONE, IT ME

 

comic_lotr48.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Curl Brogo said:

Subbing for HYPETM.

Yes, yes, let the Rangerbrain flow....

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just keeps getting better and better. Already so many colorful and swanky characters and we've yet to hit week 1!!

Please continue with being awesome, D_R :)

Wolf

"Daddy needs to express some Rage."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, shaarawy said:

D_R you sure do have a knack for bringing rebels together. :)

Appreciate the compliment. Guess it's part of the GL job description?

 

 

7 hours ago, shaarawy said:

That comic.  Dying.

 

"I rolled a one on my diplomacy check."

DM of the Rings is hilarious and anyone who's ever played tabletop RPGs should check it out. It's the same guy who did Darths & Droids after this one was over. Guess this was my subtle nod to @EricMN

 

 

6 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

This just keeps getting better and better. Already so many colorful and swanky characters and we've yet to hit week 1!!

Please continue with being awesome, D_R :)

Thanks Wolf. Your character is pretty swanky too ;)

 

 

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Rolling a 1 on Diplomacy check is pretty much the story of my life.

#scowlbeard much?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Thanks Wolf. Your character is pretty swanky too ;)

 

I patiently await the unveiling...

 

(PS-I secretly LOVE when someone creates a likeness character based off their own interpretations of me. Exciting!)  

 

OHH!!! And I have to tell you this, Raider. So, the Easter family pic you commented on...LMAO. Heather asked me about it and didn't realize it was you. She was like, "Some foreign guy posted on the family pic and you could definitely tell he was foreign by his post..." I immediately started laughing after I went to look at the comment!

 

I was like, "Oh! NO, that's Jon aka Dark Raider. And he speaks good English. That's just a Ranger thing :)" Dude, I dunno why, but I got a kick outta that and had to tell you.

 

Wolf

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIXER MAINFRAME v.1.1

THURSDAY, MAR.31 2066

 

>MESSAGES

>1 New Message

>>Spirits, hellhounds, basilisks, that place was a paranormal freakshow zoo! You might want to keep tabs on that place, I think everything there doubles as test subject. Looks like they're conducting bio-arcane research on those creatures. Should have brought a decker with us to grab some data from their server, that would help explain things. Not that I'm complaining, our crew packed a punch and it was sure wise to bring two magicians. RES

>>> 1.653 Nuyen added. Your current account total is 7.200

 

>SHADOWLAND BBS

>No New Threads

>+1 Street Cred

 

>JOBS

>1 New Message

>>Hey. I got a datafile here that I can't crack. Let's call it The Ring, ok? Now, I'll admit The Ring is not mine, but the code monkeys who made it did one hell of a job. Apparently, they used some unique custom algorithm that can only be deciphered by their mainframe. Let's say their mainframe is Mount Doom. Now I need you to put together a Fellowship to take the Ring to Mount Doom and I'm giving you 3.200 Nuyen per MegaPulse you manage to decrypt. Let me know if that's ok with you.Frodo

>>>Accept Job? [Y/N]

>>>>N

 

>Enjoy your 7.200 Nuyen and 3 Street Cred!

>Shutting down...

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

OHH!!! And I have to tell you this, Raider. So, the Easter family pic you commented on...LMAO. Heather asked me about it and didn't realize it was you. She was like, "Some foreign guy posted on the family pic and you could definitely tell he was foreign by his post..." I immediately started laughing after I went to look at the comment!

 

I was like, "Oh! NO, that's Jon aka Dark Raider. And he speaks good English. That's just a Ranger thing :)" Dude, I dunno why, but I got a kick outta that and had to tell you.

 

I actually had the same thing happen to me.  My aunt (by marriage but who I'm really super close with) is from Greece and one day she was like WHO IS THAT GREEK GUY LIKING YOUR PICTURE?!  Hahahah.  Cracked me up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

 

>JOBS

>1 New Message

>>Hey. I got a datafile here that I can't crack. Let's call it The Ring, ok? Now, I'll admit The Ring is not mine, but the code monkeys who made it did one hell of a job. Apparently, they used some unique custom algorithm that can only be deciphered by their mainframe. Let's say their mainframe is Mount Doom. Now I need you to put together a Fellowship to take the Ring to Mount Doom and I'm giving you 3.200 Nuyen per MegaPulse you manage to decrypt. Let me know if that's ok with you.Frodo

>>>Accept Job? [Y/N]

>>>>N

 

That looks like a wise job to turn down.  

 

And thanks for getting me hooked on another nerdy comic. ;) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

comic_lotr48.jpg

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

DM of the Rings is hilarious and anyone who's ever played tabletop RPGs should check it out. It's the same guy who did Darths & Droids after this one was over. Guess this was my subtle nod to @EricMN

 

This made me disproportionately happy this morning.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.