• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Fixer Chronicles, Ch. 1

2 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Unsure whether to like this and assume it's part of the story... or what. Hope your computer is well D_R!

I'm wondering the same thing...

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it is no April Fool's joke. Needed some time to digest it all and think about what I'm going to share with my extended NF family. This is, after all, a public forum and the matter also concerns other people, since I was dumb enough to pass the virus to the SRLF(TM) as well. Apparently I've been carrying it around for who knows how long, since it's extremely durable and can stay undercover without any symptoms for many, many years. It's treatable, even if the method is quite nasty. The bad news is the virus isn't so kind to females and certain versions of it can instigate cancerous cell growth for them. Meaning the SRLF(TM) has to go through painful exams and treatment while exposed to this risk. That's about all I want to say for now, publically at least. On the bright side, we did not fight or break up. We did however need a fair share of shots and a cigarette each to swallow the news and make it through the night.

So here I am, feeling utterly irresponsible towards her, especially since she suggested a medical checkup in the past and I dismissed it. Wondering how many others have I passed it to as well in the past. Worst part, even if things end up alright, I have to live with the fact that I almost (?) potentially gave cancer to a person I love because I was stupid, arrogant and irresponsible.

• Like 3

At first I thought you were talking about your computer, then the penny dropped. Sorry to hear about this, sending hugs your way!

Obviously I don't know what your relationship is like but from what you've posted here, you sound like a strong couple. You'll get through this together I'm sure.

• Like 4

Oh shit brother, that's a tough one. We'll be here rooting for you, as always. I hope everything gets sorted soon and wish you and SRLF all the luck in the world on the exams and tratment. I know how hard it can be (the exact same thing happened a couple years ago to someone who was once really close to me) but try not to beat yourself up about this.

Enviado mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

You are being responsible.  Most men wouldn't even care since it is a dormant thing for them with no side effects.  ( NF men are the exception).  You can't think about the past.  It is a two way street and women need to protect themselves so it is not all on you.  Just being there for her shows your maturity and that you care.  Not to lessen the impact of what ever it is but a zillion things can give women cervical cancer and abnormal cells are not uncommon for any woman to have.  Here if you need to talk.

• Like 11

Appreciate the support and responses. Special thanks to T2SC, I'm trying to keep a cool head in the situation and your post conveys where I'm trying to get. It's a long hard way, but one that we'll ultimately go down. From detection to diagnosis, especially the worst case scenario diagnosis, is a long distance. Fingers crossed.

As far as the challenge itself goes, I've already dropped down to 78,9kg. Fouls include that cigarette on Friday, a cookie on Saturday morning (ate it under the excuse that it had stevia instead of sugar, but forgot it also has flour, doh) and a bit of pita with my falafel snack, meaning my Street Credit is back to zero. Interesting thing to coincide with the first official day of the new challenge.

• Like 9

If you're talking about what I think, it can be entirely dormant and undetectable for very long periods of time despite regular testing.  Even if you'd been doing obsessive testing, it could've happened.  It's no great feeling sharing these types of things with loved ones, but it's better you both know and can be proactive going forward to avoid or catch anything that comes up.  Hugs.  Now I kinda wish it HAD been your computer.

• Like 6

Really sorry to hear about the bad news. I have to agree with what people have already said; there wasn't much you could do not knowing, especially while it was dormant and undetectable. But you're being extremely supportive, sympathetic, and proactive now. Hope it all goes well for the both of you. We're all here for you.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to make light of things, but if you're talking about the virus that I think you are, it's basically the common cold of STDs.  It's really incredibly common, lots of people have it, and a lot of those have no idea that they have it.  And for the most part, it's entirely likely that it would remain dormant for all parties involved.  SRLF just needs to make sure she stays on the ball with all of her annual checkups, and everything is likely to remain completely fine. 

• Like 4

hey, I am just catching up with everyone and I'm just sending a hug and some reassurance, and to say that Nymeria's info correct and I hope that all is getting calmer there. 

• Like 2

*hugs* That is the pits. But -- there is absolutely zero good that will come from beating yourself up. Hopefully the dealing with this issue will leave you two stronger than before. 

• Like 1

I had to re-read everything twice.  It's early and I'm not very sharp right now.

It is what it is, unfortunate as it may be, but you know about it now and are doing the responsible thing!!  Not saying anything would be the worst road to take, IMO.  You're doing the best you can with what you have and that's pretty courageous and admirable.

Hugs from across the Atlantic for you both~ :) <3

• Like 2

But for dumb blind luck, this could have been me 20 years ago. Nothing but respect for you for being responsible and handling the situation the way it sounds like you have right now. Shoulder to shoulder, my friend, we all move forward.

• Like 3

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. Though as others have said, this thing is suppppppperrrrrrrrr common and generally results in no symptoms in either gender.  All you can do now is precisely what you're doing, and what you're doing is definitely the right thing.  You and SRLF sound like you're being extremely mature about the whole situation and that really is a really positive thing as well, on both of your parts.  Hugs from the other side of the world and try not to beat yourself up too much over this. :]

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the bad news :( I'm with everyone else on this, sounds like you're doing all you can do now. Hang in there, all the best wishes to you and SRLF(TM).

• Like 1

If it's what I think it is, speaking as a female who has it and dealt with the consequences 10 years after contracting it, and been cancer free for 17 years...be smart, be careful, but don't let it stop either of you from living! I'm here if you need a shoulder or two 

• Like 7

FIXER MAINFRAME v.1.2

MONDAY, APR.4 2066

>MESSAGES

> New Messages

>> Hey there, I restored your system and made some modifications. It might run a little slower now, since I diverted computing power from storage and processing to security protocols, but it's working alright. You've been one careless little bastard. Oh and one last thing, I claimed whatever Nuyen was in store as my reward for putting your stuff back together. You got out pretty cheap, if you ask me.JohnnyClean

>

>>How the mighty have have fallen,eh? The things you do to make some money after your crash. Oh sure, the word is out on the street already but even without it, I know you wouldn't take a job like this unless you were desperate. I really, really loved your form and technique lifting the dead though, so there's that. TK

>>> 16.500 Nuyen added. Your current account total is 16.500

>SHADOWLAND BBS

>No New Threads

>JOBS

>1 New Message

>>I need some information uploaded to the datajack of an unconscious individual, hospitalized in Parkland Memorial Hospital, in Dallas CAS for 80.000 Nuyen. Your discretion in the matter is required, as is the very subtle handling of the target.MrJohnson

>>>Accept Job? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Job Accepted. Do you want to hire a Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>>>>>>Accessing Runner Database...

RUNNER DATABASE

>Please enter Runner Alias

>>Nymeria

large.5703a136be986_NymeriaL0H0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire Nymeria? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 12.500. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>CTJ

large.5703a135bf1ab_CTJL0H0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire CTJ? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 8.500. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>Wild Wolf

large.5703a13800338_WildWolfL0H0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire Wild Wolf? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 4.500. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>Y

>>SomeGuyFromScotland

large.5703a2254dfdf_SGFSL0H0.JPG

>>>Do you want to hire SomeGuyFromScotland? [Y/N]

>>>>Y

>>>>>Runner added to team for 4.000. Your current account total is 500. Do you want to hire another Runner? [Y/N]

>>>>>>N

>Enjoy your 500 Nuyen and 0 Street Cred!

>Shutting down...

• Like 17

Hey, I just caught up in your thread.

Sorry to hear about the rough weekend! Everyone else's replies have been much better than what I could have potentially said. It seems that you both handled it pretty well. I wouldn't worry about one cigarette*, a cookie and some pita.

*If you smoke more cigarettes though please let me know where I can find you to kick your ass! 

• Like 1

Not pleasant to discover that information, especially in that circumstance, I feel for you. That sinking feeling is an indicator that you do have a conscience and you do care. Try not to be too hard on yourself, these things happen in life, it's much more common than you'd think and you didn't pass it on deliberately. Great to see you're dealing with the situation in a mature and thoughtful way.  Got your six big fella, let me know if you need anything. 

• Like 2