Deftona and the Power of Positivity: Def and the WOMEN'S Title #4 (Def 19)

deftona

40 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I've seen this. They only turned it on right after they bought it to see it worked. Didn't even put one feet on it. Never turned it on again *shivers*

They must be donated to the Deftona fund. In return you'll get a broken elliptical so it looks like you worked out a lot

• Like 3
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Just now, Terah said:

They must be donated to the Deftona fund. In return you'll get a broken elliptical so it looks like you worked out a lot

This is a perfect scheme! Everybody wins! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

So I am going to post this here just in case everything goes to plan and I get a new elliptical Monday, then I can make up the time. 

Friday (5) Night NXT Takeover Dallas

hqdefault.jpg

The following contest is scheduled for one-fall. Introducing first, defending her title, 

From the United Kingdom.... 

DEFTONA! 

And her opponent, from Richmond, Virginia.... 

MICKIE JAMES! 

Since this is a title defence I have to (somehow) do 10kms. 

Demolition

Ax - Clean out litter tray

Smash - Do my nails

Crush - Read for 2 tomatoes

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Terah said:

8 minutes ago, deftona said:

This is a perfect scheme! Everybody wins! 

Win-win situation. 

Except for the huge shipping costs? ...

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

5 minutes ago, deftona said:

Since this is a title defence I have to (somehow) do 10kms. 

Is swimming an option? That isn't hard on your knee, and definitely a workout. 

3 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Win-win situation. 

The fund is only for people that live nearby def? 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, zenLara said:

Win-win situation. 

To be paid by the poser who wants people to think they do lots of exercise?

• Like 4

Just now, Terah said:

Nope, I considered that but my left shoulder is injured too. I might have to just postpone this and make it up when I get a new one. Depending on how Monday goes I will have some idea of whether I can buy a super fancy one or not ;)

31 minutes ago, deftona said:

Nope, I considered that but my left shoulder is injured too. I might have to just postpone this and make it up when I get a new one. Depending on how Monday goes I will have some idea of whether I can buy a super fancy one or not ;)

You are falling apart! 

Ducttape to the rescue!

Take it easy and let your body heal <4

• Like 4
Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Terah said:

You are falling apart! 

Ducttape to the rescue!

Take it easy and let your body heal <4

Thanks Terah. You're right, this time off will probably do me some good. I haven't had two consecutive rest days this year I don't think! 

6 minutes ago, SomeGuyFromScotland said:

Two words for you.

Naked. Massage.

Buff is ready.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, deftona said:

To be paid by the poser who wants people to think they do lots of exercise?

Fair enough

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

On 30-3-2016 at 0:24 AM, deftona said:

Wednesday (3) NXT Match Write Up

I woke up this morning kind of feeling like I'd been hit by a truck and I spent a lot of the night up with stomach cramps. This is around the time of year for Norovirus and although I don't think it was actually that (because I've had it and there's no maybe's about Norovirus) it may be something similar. I yawned my way through the 5K wishing for pretty much all of it that I could just stop but by the time it was done I was feeling pretty good. I listened to Dookie by Greenday today and that is one of the albums of my childhood as it is one of the first albums I bought with my own money when I was about 10. I followed this with two begrudging P:BA workouts. 

Food was good today. I had a homemade hot cross bun with an apple for breakfast, caramelised onion cheddar on toasted french sourdough with red onion marmalade with a pear and two kiwis for lunch and hunter's chicken with homemade oven chips and buttered corn for dinner. Then I had a Boost because Scotty put a gun to my head it wasn't a gun and I followed that with a few Ferrero Rochers. I was in for my calories but over on my fat grams which means I miss that day on my 100 Days of Excellence that I restarted on Monday but since I crapped out already I might go back and continue the 100 Days of Excellence I started with TheWolf88 a few weeks ago. Nevermind, I can still aim for a high percentage and I think I'd rather continue that one instead of starting anew which always did feel a little bit cheap. 

Positivity was good today, I had a revelation upon waking that stuck with me all day and made me feel better about my general existence. I stuck to my 'make everything from scratch' and drank plenty of water. I could have done with a little more sleep though. I stuck to my training plan and my morning and night time routine. 

I aced my Ax, Smash and Crush goal. I didn't think I would today because I fannied about too much pre and post workout and if I hadn't made this 'do three things' goal I probably wouldn't have even tried but I learned a good lesson here and that is that this stuff doesn't take me anywhere near as long to do as I think it will. By the time I had done everything else I needed to do, I only had 2 1/2 hours to go to the post office, clean the living room and KM the shoes at the bottom of my wardrobe. So I jumped out of the shower and went to the post office with wet hair. I did contemplate maybe making myself look a little presentable but then I reasoned that my first proper job was at that post office and the staff are still the same. They used to make me start work at half seven with a hangover (ok, the hangover was completely optional...), they have definitely seen me in a worse state that just with wet hair. I got the other stuff done when I got back home and I finished with 30 minutes to spare which I spent staring into the middle distance because old habits die hard. 

Another good day, despite feeling a little under the weather. 8/10, if this was my groundhog day I could do a lot worse.

13 hours ago, deftona said:

Thursday (4) Night Smackdown Results

Wendi Richter was beaten... pretty much. This is because my elliptical broke when I was almost done. It has been swaying a bit more that usual for the last few days and it almost threw me off so I turned it upside down and there is a huge crack in the metal underneath. Urgh. So now I have to buy a new one. I guess these home machines aren't intended for such heavy use. Like I said in the Yak's Head earlier, they are more than likely designed to be used for a month or so (probably January) and then used as a clothes storage facility the rest of the time. They're probably not designed for 50+kms a week. Ah well, the joy of exercising in my underwear means replacing it every year or two is probably worth it vs a gym membership. They prefer you to adhere to social rules when you go outside. So I hear. 

So I'm a little out of the game and just before the match of my life at Wrestlemania (my delusions run deep). TH told me that this is probably what Cena, Rollins, Cesaro, Nikki Bella and Luke Harper feel like, being injured at the worst time of year. But like I said to him... this isn't their first ever Wrestlemania :( So you will all just have to imagine how amazing my match with Eva Marie would have been (yeah, my random number generator is as shit as the WWE booker by the looks of it) while I work on an alternative plan. My knees are too busted to do anything too intensive so the Jillian et al workouts are out, as is running. Walking just doesn't cut it either, I want to sweat like a navvy when I exercise. I am going to get a new elliptical but it won't be until at least early next week. Whether I continue my Diva's reign or not remains to be seen and I do have another (wrestling still, obvs) challenge idea that I was saving for next year but since Wrestlemania is wrestling Christmas and wrestling new years day is the Raw after, it might not be a terrible time to switch to my other plan. I will give this some thought tonight. In the meantime though, I am going to P:BA my arse off. 

In other news, I was feeling pretty down today. I was trying really hard to stay positive and I even spent a lot of the morning in the kitchen where I am happiest making a moussaka for dinner. This didn't really cut it so I was battling with my mental plans of keeping focused on the positivity when the postman delivered an amazingly beautiful and thoughtful gift from Shello which really made me happy (until my elliptical broke). TH had a sucky day too and we were all for getting pizza but luckily (although it didn't feel like it at the time) our local pizza place was closed for a refurb so we had the moussaka instead. I did compromise by having cheesy chips with it instead of a salad ('See, carbs covered in cheese makes everything better' said TH. He definitely has a point...) and then I ate a little too much chocolate so once again I was in for my calories but not for my fat grams. 

I did the Ax, Smash and Crush goals fine but didn't drink enough water. Everything else was ok. But I need to step it up. 

I grade today 6/10. Shello definitely had a big part in dragging that score up.

From all that i read here you had your down's but you made your way through it. You went up and above with the 5K and can be really proud of this! i know i am proud of you for it :) 
And about the day your elipitical broke, no worries you still made your ax, smash and Crush goals wich is great! Your are crushing this challenge keep it up :)

• Like 2

Lvl 1: Adventurer with monk ambitions

Current weight: 123,3 KG.   Target weight: 85KG

20 minutes ago, Rab397 said:

From all that i read here you had your down's but you made your way through it. You went up and above with the 5K and can be really proud of this! i know i am proud of you for it :) 
And about the day your elipitical broke, no worries you still made your ax, smash and Crush goals wich is great! Your are crushing this challenge keep it up :)

Thank you Rab!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Terah said:

5 hours ago, deftona said:

If you have access to a pool, you could consider using a kickboard and doing some drills instead of full on swimming. 

• Like 2

elliptical_desk.jpg

Get something like this, so you can smash your goals while being on NF!!

You're a brave British Afternoon Tea Biscuit, and I hope you're feeling better already <4 I'd say that you can come talk to me, but you already do in the extent that I actually learn new words from you almost every day :D

• Like 6

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

If you have access to a pool, you could consider using a kickboard and doing some drills instead of full on swimming. 

Haha, that's not a terrible idea but I'd feel like a bit of a melon doing that lol! 

57 minutes ago, Shepherd Fox said:

elliptical_desk.jpg

Get something like this, so you can smash your goals while being on NF!!

You're a brave British Afternoon Tea Biscuit, and I hope you're feeling better already <4 I'd say that you can come talk to me, but you already do in the extent that I actually learn new words from you almost every day :D

ERMAGERD! This would make it so much easier to chat to you while I work out because you have no idea how often the hand sweat makes me drop my phone ;) 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Tyburn Lil said:

I LOVE, love love love love love this thread!

Hi! Welcome, it's excellent to meet you :D Glad you like it here, thanks to Scotty* my thread often descends into filth :P

*It's totally not me too and definitely all Scotty.

1 hour ago, Tyburn Lil said:

< Honestly not a pervert

It's ok if you are, everybody else here is ;) 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Briniel said:

So much going on. Sorry to hear about your elliptical. RIP. I hope you get a new one soon and this one will last longer (that doesn't sound very sensible towards your old elliptical, dos it?)

Thanks Briniel, I can't wait to get a new one now. It's amazing how all of my training, and in fact all of my motivation is pinned on that little machine. 

Friday (5) Night Takeover Match Write Up

Well predictably, I didn't get P:BA done. Jumping off the elliptical and hitting the mat seems so much easier than flinging myself around the room a little to get my body temperature up before hitting the mat to work my booty. This is why I need a new elliptical like, yesterday. I didn't defend my title either because I don't have the means yet. I am thinking more and more like I want to continue the diva's title reign and focus on my other thing next year though. Food was ok, although I didn't track. I don't fully know why since I mostly stuck to my plan. There might be a little too much chocolate (and Peeps... I bloody love Peeps) for my fat grams but I stuck to my Rock goal despite TH swanning around Morrisons trying to put ALL OF THE GOODIES in the trolley.

Morning routine was off but night routine was done. 

Demolition

Ax - Clean out litter tray 

Smash - Do my nails 

Crush - Read for 2 tomatoes 

• Like 4

Saturday (6) Rest Day

massager.gif

No workouts scheduled for today so nothing to make up when I get my crutch back next week. Today is rest and relaxation and my Ax, Smash and Crush goals are going to reflect that. 

Demolition

Ax - Play video games for at least two tomatoes

Smash - Watch NXT Takeover and mark out hard.

Crush - Cuddle my boyfriend 10 times. Tell my cat I love her and try to stroke her paws. 

Heh. This fitness game is fun and oddly relaxing. 

• Like 5