LadyWitch rises from the ashes

LadyWitch

I've not been having the best time lately. 2016 started bad, got worse and then crashed and burned... but time to channel my inner phoenix and rise from the ashes. 

WORK: Work is still non-existent. I have to have my annual review with my manager this week, so need to decide if I'm going to tell her outright that I'm job hunting or if I'm going to keep it to myself for the time being... But, I AM actively hunting, and have applied for several things over the last few days. I have another application to print out and fill in, for the local Kitty Cafe (yes, thats exactly what it sounds like!) they currently have a vacancy in the kitchen, which isn't something that I've ever done, but I figure it doesn't hurt to apply.

FITNESS: It hit me yesterday that I have 8 weeks till the Tough Mudder. I was meant to run it last year with my husband and our friend, but I trapped a nerve in my back (almost exactly a year ago now) and could barely walk, never mind climb, jump, swim, run etc, so I am determined to do it this year. Which means increasing my strength as much as possible between now and the 21st May, without going silly and hurting myself, which is what happened last year. To that affect, I have restarted bodyweight workouts as of this morning! I brought a TRX suspension training set, to help with my inability to do pull ups, so used that today. Kept todays workout fairly simply, and it still kicked my ass! Will detail what I did below.

DIET: My diet has been dreadful. Easter hasn't helped (my husband decided he wanted to try making chocolate eggs, and they were mostly a success and have all been devoured) and unsurprisingly I've hit my new heaviest weight. So, I need to get my eating back under control. My husband refuses to do paleo with me again, as he says its too expensive, but what he doesn't know about during the day when he is at work wont hurt him. My eating plan will be a protein shake in the morning when I do my workout, followed by a paleo lunch. We normally cook all our evening meals so those are mostly paleo anyway, but the biggest issue for me is snacking. I can't control the sugar monster. My goal for this challenge will be to limit my snacking to fruit or nuts, or two squares of dark chocolate once a day (I'm allowing this because if I don't I will fall face first into a chocolate cake, which would be very embarrassing in the shop!)

WATER: I normally drink a ton of water, but that has slacked off over the winter months, so I'm going to try and increase my water intake again. I normally use a pint glass when at home, so my aim is to drink at least 6 pints every day.

Goal 1: Get a new job.

Goal 2: BW/TRX work out 3 times a week.

Goal 3: Snack on fruit/nuts/dark chocolate only

Goal 4: Drink 6 pints of water

Todays measurements:

Weight: 14st 9lb

Chest: 42.5 in

Waist: 37 in

Hips: 48.5 in

R Thigh: 28.5 in

L Thigh: 29 in

R Bicep: 14 in

L Bicep: 13.75 in

Progress photos taken.

Todays workout:

Warm up (I do a combo of Steve's and Staci's)

3 sets of:

10 TRX Lat Rows

10 BW Squats

10 TRX Bicep Curls

10 Lunges (each leg)

10 Push ups (could manage 5 full, and 5 on my knees in each set)

:20s TRX Plank

Cool down.

• Like 5

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Following along again Ladywitch! But I think I missed something, didn't you recently get a job? 

Hi Deftona! Yes I did, and it las test a grand total of three weeks, before I had two major panic at tacks after taking nasty calls and decided it wasn't worth the mental stress (hence the 'crash and burn'!) so I'm back on the job hunt again... I did at least get paid, so my bank isn't breathing down my neck yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Hello Sweetie!

tumblr_lz762ywc4x1qijoeyo1_500.gif

I am here for support and general encouragement!

I LOVE River! She's one of my all time favourite Doctor Who characters!

Glad to have all the support and encouragement available :)

• Like 1

So... I completely didn't notice that this challenge wasn't starting straight away, but oh well, I've started now!

And bloody hell do I ache today! I was thinking yesterday 'I'm going to have to up the number of squats I do' and today it's more like 'Ow, Ow, make it stop!' I know DOMS is a good thing, but ow! Just shows that I've done bugger all since I cancelled my gym membership.

Yesterday's food was all good... I only snacked on a banana, lunch was salmon and veg, and dinner was gammon, sweet potatoes and baked beans. My husband then decided to bake a cake, but thankfully it didn't come out of the oven until after I was in bed (deliberately, on my part). It's sitting in the kitchen now, calling to me, but I WILL resist. And I'll ask him to take it to his gaming group tonight... Minus one small slice :)

I drank my planned water and did 40 minutes of walking. Didn't get the application form done, as they've sent it to me in PDF format, so I have to print it out and that means setting up the printer (or emailing it to my husband to print out at work) but it's on my list for today. As is doing a job search and applying for at least one other job.

I'm currently sat on the sofa with one cat on my lap and the other beside me, trying to get up the energy to move my DOMS-riddled body and actually DO something. I have laundry to do, yoga to do, and I want to go for a walk while the sun is shining... Gahhhhhhh I HATE DOMS!!!

• Like 3

following along again!   Good luck with the job search!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

Wednesday was a good day. I ate mostly on point (did have a small slice of my husbands cake, but tbh it wasn't very good, so I wont be going back for seconds), I went for a walk to the local shop to get some almond milk and because it was sunny, took a 3 mile detour on the way home via the local woods (which are all uphill to get to). I also applied for 8 jobs and have the application for the Kitty Cafe filled out and ready to take to town this afternoon. I did washing up. I did laundry. I even changed the bed sheets. And this was all while suffering major DOMS... Went to bed feeling soooo proud of myself :)

Today has started out well, I've done a BW/TRX workout, despite still aching from the last one, and to hopefully ease the aches tomorrow, I did a short yoga session as my cool down. I managed to up all of the sets from 10 to 12, but my push ups suffered and I ended up doing them all on my knees (last time I managed a 50/50 split between knees and full) but I'm still happy with what I managed. And I've had my protein shake for breakfast.

I have a skype meeting with my manager at noon (20 mins from now) during which we will discuss my complete lack of works hours and how there is nothing more she can do to boost them :P we have this convo every 3-4 months, which is why I'm job hunting! I know she tries, and I'm not the only one struggling for hours, but it just seems pointless to keep having meetings about it when there is literally nothing she can do... Of course, I do get paid for the 30 minutes, but I'm not sure the extra £5 in my pocket is worth it! Still haven't decided if I'm actually going to tell her that I'm job hunting, guess I'll see how it goes.

As for the rest of today, I need to walk into town to deliver the application to the Kitty Cafe, and then I need to do a few bits of shopping and decide what tonights dinner will be. We HAD been doing a weekly meal plan, but it didn't happen for this week, so while I'm winging it, I'm trying to stay paleo as much as possible.

• Like 1

Have some pretty photos from yesterday's walk :)

8cc254f747c7b1ccd59102b00d32a850.jpgf80d0d2444e9abc0c8643699cf4aa008.jpgcafa513f23ff20b6290428dbc0d1b91c.jpge8c2b4cf6b27efb22008ae40309a218b.jpg

• Like 4

I feel that you and I are in basically the same boat! We weigh about the same, both need to up our water and are terrible about snacking on sugary sweets lol We can get through this!! :) Following along!! 

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

1 minute ago, ScoutSays said:

I feel that you and I are in basically the same boat! We weigh about the same, both need to up our water and are terrible about snacking on sugary sweets lol We can get through this!! :) Following along!! 

As long as the boat doesn't sink, we'll keep paddling! 

• Like 2

Just-Keep-Swimming.jpg

• Like 3

Challenges:

Week 1 update:

Goal 1: Get a job

Well, I applied for 10 jobs last week, and so far have had 3 rejections. I obviously can't guarantee that I will actually GET a job during this challenge, so I'm going to score this as 1 point every 5 jobs I apply for. So week 1 = 2 points

Goal 2: BW/TRX 3 x Week

I managed 2 during week one. I'm not upset by this, as I didn't start until Tuesday and I would normally do these workouts on M/W/F because I know from past experience that I wont do them at the weekends. Also, I had MAJOR DOMS after my first one, and that took several days to ease. But still, thats 2/3 = 2 points

Goal 3: Snack on fruit/nuts/dark choc only

What I haven't mentioned so far, is that I restarted tracking in MFP at the start of this challenge, so its easy to see when I've not been successful with this. That being said, I managed 3/6 days... Which isn't brilliant, but better than I've been doing. So week 1 = 3 points

Goal 4: Drink 6 pints of water

I did really well on upping my water intake during the week, not so good on Saturday when out with a friend. So that is 5/6 = 5 points

Also... I lost 1 1/2lb!!! First time in ages that I've seen a loss on the scales. Of course, it could just be water, or a normal monthly fluctuation, but I'm still going to count it! Will see if it goes down again after week 2.

So yeah, progress. Not as much as I'd have liked, but any is better than none, so go ME! I have shifts again this week, which is going to be a bit strange after not having any for over a month, hope I remember what I'm supposed to do! Although I only have 2 hours today, and a grand total of 19 hours over the course of the week... No where near the 45 hours I'm supposed to be getting each week :P (hence the job hunt!)

Overall, my depression seems to be under control. I still have trouble getting out of bed in the mornings, and I have to force myself to do any kind of housework/exercise, but I am at least in the position that I CAN force myself to do what needs to be done... Eventually. I guess it's kind of good that I still don't have a 'proper' job, although I was managing it for the 3 weeks I HAD a proper job, which proves to me that I can do it if I need to. Speaking of work... Time to go get logged in to systems and shit :P

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Osla said:

Following along :) Also, just a quick look at your measurements tells me that if you are roughly 5 foot 3ish then you and I are like the EXACT same size and you should come to Virginia so we can double our wardrobe lol!

I'm actually 5 foot 5, but not a bad guess! If I ever do make it to America I'll add you to my list of people to finally meet! (Or if you're ever in England, come to Nottingham and we can go do something fun and exercisey :)

13 hours ago, Tateman said:

Glad to see you back, and doing well.  This morning it was tough for me to get going, but I think that will get better this challenge.  I am going to get out side more for sure ;)

I'm definitely doing better so far with this challenge than I have with the previous few (...many...) but its still a struggle to actually make myself do stuff!

Monday was a fairly good day, did my BW/TRX workout and managed to do two of the three sets of push ups off my knees, it took several brief pauses to do it, but I did. I've been doing some research into good TRX routines, so will probably expand my set list as of next week. Drank all my water, only snacked on a small amount of dark choc and a banana, and dinner was homemade chicken and chorizo paella (not paleo I know, but damn tasty).

I wasn't having much luck with the job hunt yesterday, only applied for one job and that one is a whole other level of terrifying... its in the Army. I sincerely doubt I'll even get to interview stage due to my weight, but just the thought of it has spurred me on to do a DDP Yoga sesh this morning and I'm planning on going for a run later :P I may not get anywhere with the job app, but the fear has definitely motivated me (temporarily at least). Don't think my hubs was happy to hear about the application, but it's something I've thought about since I was 18 but was too afraid to try, and I turn 33 in June which is the cut off age for applying, so this is my one and only chance.

Will do some more job hunting today and try to apply for at least 2 positions. So far I've had 3 rejections from the ones I applied for last week, and haven't heard from the rest, I'm hopeful that that means I'm still being considered...

Onward and upward.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tateman said:

Well, if you get in, then boot camp would be a big boost into fitness :)  That is judging by any American boot camps I have seen.

Yeah thats what I figure! I doubt I'll get that far though, but even the thought of having to do the fitness tests seems to be helping (sometimes).

Tuesday was a good day, mostly. Didn't go for a run, because my ankle is playing up (its been hurting for weeks, I have been icing etc but it doesn't seem to help much... really want to get back to running :() but did go for a walk. Had left over paella for lunch, and then my hubby asked if I wanted to go to the cinema in the evening. We went to see Batman vs Superman (its ok, don't like Lex, wish they'd done more with Wonder Woman). I deliberately didn't buy snacks to take in, and assumed we'd go to a restaurant for dinner after the film, but instead my husband picked up stuff to eat during the film... He got me a pack of ham, a mixed fruit salad and some coconut macaroons... Think he's finally learning! I did eat a couple of the fruit sweets that he got for himself, but other than that I feel rather proud of myself! Also walked to and from the cinema!

Today is dragging... Only had 2 hours of work this morning, but I can't find the energy to do anything. Haven't done my BW/TRX workout yet, haven't done any of the housework, haven't been for a walk. All I've been doing is updating my quests on my NF Character and trying to work out why that pic is loading up sideways :P (still haven't figured it out...) I'm going to finish typing this, then get off my ass and do my workout. I refuse to be beaten by the Procrastination Monster today!

• Like 3

Yes!  Sing songs of your glorious battle with Procrastination!

• Like 2

Challenges:

On 4/7/2016 at 1:23 PM, Tyburn Lil said:

Let us know how you kicked procrastinations bum!

Not sure I kicked it's bum, but I definitely gave it a very stern glare ;)

5 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

Yes!  Sing songs of your glorious battle with Procrastination!

Trust me, you don't want to hear me sing... Although, that may be how I kill Procrastination... Hmmmmmmm

So, I did the workout on Wednesday, even though I really didn't want to. And I managed to get the necessary chores done. I then spent most of Thursday puking my guts up... So didn't get much of anything done :P

Still been feeling a bit sick today (although I haven't actually BEEN sick today), so haven't left the house. I DID however make myself do today's BW/TRX workout... It was hard, and I had to keep stopping to suppress the urge to puke, but I did it! Going to collapse now and read some more of Steve's book... Then I have work 6-8pm, and then I might have a bath and go to bed... My friend has invited us out tonight, as another friends band is playing at a local pub, but I'm honestly not sure I feel up to it. It's not my kind of music anyway, and I dislike the venue... Will see how I feel after I force some food down my gullet later.

Still no luck with the job hunt, getting lots of rejections but not much else :(

Had a call from a woman about councelling. I went for an initial assessment back in June (?!) and was told it would be 18 weeks till anyone could see me... Fair enough. 9 months later, the waiting list has been passed to another provider, and I have to have yet ANOTHER assessment (booked for Monday) before being slotted into their waiting list. The lady did say that they will try and fit people in to their list based on the time they've already been waiting, so hopefully I wont have long to wait... But I wont hold my breath.

• Like 3

I liked this because I giggled at the thought of singing procrastination to death. 

Then I read the rest of it.   :(

Sorry about the dodgy belly, the lack of positive news on the job front and the grinding bureaucracy and snails pace of nhs mental health services. I know they do some good, Viking got his head sorted out by them but I basically got told that they couldn't help me enough and I should go ahead and pay rather than wait. All I feel is that you must be doing fantasically to be holding on in there. Although I get that doesn't actually mean much from the position of looking up from the bottom of whatever hole that life has emotionally sunk you into.

Wish I could send you a metaphorical stepladder to help you climb out.

Anyway, sorry, I'm waffling bollocks. 

I'll make a wish really hard at least that the universe hands you some good news tomorrow. 

So if at least it doesn't rain tomorrow, that was me. *smugnod*

Hugs

• Like 2

Sending vibes of motivation and love to all x

I liked this because I giggled at the thought of singing procrastination to death. 

Then I read the rest of it.   :(

Sorry about the dodgy belly, the lack of positive news on the job front and the grinding bureaucracy and snails pace of nhs mental health services. I know they do some good, Viking got his head sorted out by them but I basically got told that they couldn't help me enough and I should go ahead and pay rather than wait. All I feel is that you must be doing fantasically to be holding on in there. Although I get that doesn't actually mean much from the position of looking up from the bottom of whatever hole that life has emotionally sunk you into.

Wish I could send you a metaphorical stepladder to help you climb out.

Anyway, sorry, I'm waffling bollocks. 

I'll make a wish really hard at least that the universe hands you some good news tomorrow. 

So if at least it doesn't rain tomorrow, that was me. *smugnod*

Hugs

It actually rained.... But today is lovely and sunny, so I think there's a delay on your godly powers! :D

Yesterday wasn't so good on the diet front... Had bacon and crumpets for breakfast, snacked on various biscuits/sweets while at our board gaming afternoon and then had takeaway for dinner; admittedly it was half a roast chicken and some chips, so not as bad as it could've been. Did very little in the way of exercise, but it was a good day. Today we're planning on meeting some friends for a 'play out' which should be good fun... I'm hoping I don't show myself up on the monkey bars :P

• Like 4

"not as bad as it could've been" is still GOOD!   have fun playing today!

• Like 1

Challenges: