LadyWitch rises from the ashes

LadyWitch

Week 2 update:

Goal 1: Get a job

I literally applied for 50 jobs last week. Still haven't had any interviews booked, and had more rejections that I care to think about. But I at least get points for trying :P Week 2 = 25 points

Goal 2: BW/TRX 3 x Week

Completed all 3 workouts! So happy that I managed this, even if I did have to force myself to do them. Also had a bonus 'play-out' yesterday, where I actually attempted the monkey bars (got half way across before loosing my grip) and climbed up and over the climbing frame, it took me a moment to actually be able to swing my leg over the top, but I did it. And then I did it three more times just to prove to myself that I can do it! 20 seconds of courage for the win! Week 2 = 3/3 points plus 1 bonus point.

Goal 3: Snack on fruit/nuts/dark choc only

Hmmmmm not doing brilliantly on this, I only actually made 2 days without snacking on non-approved foods. I've been mostly within my calorie target, but as thats not what this goal is about, I'm not doing very well :P Will try to do better this week. Week 2 = 2/7 points

Goal 4: Drink 6 pints of water

I only had one day where I didn't drink as much, and that was yesterday. Had so much fun playing, that I forgot to drink my water :P Week 2 = 6/7 points

Didn't loose any weight this week, but also didn't gain. And started my period this week, so that will have affected my results. Will keep on keeping on, and hope that things start going the right directions.

Have my councelling assessment today. Really not looking forward to it. This will be my 3rd such assessment, and I have yet to actually start any councelling sessions. It's like ripping open a wound each time, and pouring salt in it. I know talking about the bad shit from my childhood will be hard, but when I first started trying to get help, I didn't realise I'd be passed around so much and still be waiting 9 months later. If I could afford to go private I would, but I can barely afford food currently, so thats not an option. So, due to the emotional rollercoaster I'll be on today, I am giving myself a little leeway when it comes to diet/exercise, I'm still planning on getting my workout done, but I wont beat myself up about it if I don't do it. (Especially as I'm also cat sitting for a friend, so have to go to hers after the appointment to feed/fuss the two boys, and I also have shifts this evening... Look at me with all the excuses :P

• Like 3

Check out my character here!

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Something else worth mentioning:

I've been following your threads through (I think this is the 4th month?) and I think this is the most consistent I've seen you with posting to date! Even when things aren't going well, you are here and we are following and making sure you are okay. That's another baby step towards consistency and hitting your goals!

Sorry to hear that the job front isn't going well. Hopefully the assessment Monday didn't go worse than expected. I'm thinking about you!

• Like 1

Great job getting those workouts done!  Hopefully, you are feeling much better this week.  Man, that is a lot on the job front too.  Hopefully, a few of them start getting you in for interviews :) 

I hope so! Getting very frustrated with all the rejections :P

Something else worth mentioning:

I've been following your threads through (I think this is the 4th month?) and I think this is the most consistent I've seen you with posting to date! Even when things aren't going well, you are here and we are following and making sure you are okay. That's another baby step towards consistency and hitting your goals!

Sorry to hear that the job front isn't going well. Hopefully the assessment Monday didn't go worse than expected. I'm thinking about you!

That's definitely true, I have been posting more consistently. I'm also doing better at sticking with my food and exercise goals... As for the assessment, it went about as well as I expected. Will hopefully get an actual appointment at some point in the next couple of weeks.

Had a good start to the day yesterday, did my workout, food was on target, and then I went out to meet a friend for lunch. I had a chicken and bacon salad, with no dressing (which was lovely) but I then followed it up with a slice of gluten free fruit cake... Which was also lovely. My mood then took a dramatic dive and I spent most of the afternoon crying. So, yeah, not a great day. Not sure if it was hormones, depression or what, but it sucked.

Today is a 'can't be arsed' day. I had planned on going for a wog, and spending some time at my friends house who I'm cat sitting for, so that they have some human company for a bit, but I'm struggling to even get off the couch. Binge watching Sailor Moon Crystal... Maybe I need to re-form my character as a SM character :P

• Like 2

Previous challenges: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen,

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain.

Those days are hard! I think I'm starting one myself. I've been trying to reframe how I'm thinking about it; if it's an occasional "can't be assed" day then it's okay to take it as a break. It's when everyday is "nope I'm laying in bed all day playing phone games" (not from personal experience or anything haha) that it becomes a problem. Great job on keeping with consistent posting!

• Like 1

MyFitnessPal

Those days are hard! I think I'm starting one myself. I've been trying to reframe how I'm thinking about it; if it's an occasional "can't be assed" day then it's okay to take it as a break. It's when everyday is "nope I'm laying in bed all day playing phone games" (not from personal experience or anything haha) that it becomes a problem. Great job on keeping with consistent posting!

It turned out to be worse than I expected :P I ate an entire pack of chocolate chip cookies and did no exercise... I did however manage to take my laptop over to my friends and binge watch from her sofa while the cats got to spend a couple of hours out in the garden. And then I may have had Chinese takeaway for dinner :( needless to say I'm not feeling very good today. BUT it is a new day, and I'm determined that today will be better. So I will be doing my workout after lunch, followed by a wog, and food today will be all meat and veg!

• Like 1

It turned out to be worse than I expected :P I ate an entire pack of chocolate chip cookies and did no exercise... I did however manage to take my laptop over to my friends and binge watch from her sofa while the cats got to spend a couple of hours out in the garden. And then I may have had Chinese takeaway for dinner :( needless to say I'm not feeling very good today. BUT it is a new day, and I'm determined that today will be better. 

Exactly! Forget about the yesterdays you can't change and just do better today. You can do this! 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Sorry for the silence! No excuse, just couldn't be bothered to type :P

Saturday me and my husband went to a trampolining gym... I was worried about hurting my back, so I took it very carefully. Played a bit of dodge ball and randomly bounced around... It was fun. Then my husband ripped the entire crotch out of his trousers :D which I found hilarious! Needless to say, that called an end to our session. My back was surprisingly ok on Sunday, my ankle however was killing me! So I took it easy and did very little.

Monday I did my BW/TRX workout. I didn't really want to, but I did it. I then bumped into a friend in Aldi and had a natter with her. Fairly standard day, other than the fact that I had a large bar of chocolate for my lunch... I know... Thats naughty. But oh well... moving on...

Today a friend (the same one I bumped into yesterday) asked me to go visit a gym with her. She's never really used one, and her only real criteria was a swimming pool, so wanted a second opinion on the gym. It was decent enough, has a free weights section, with all the necessary bits, as well as all the standard cardio equipment. She then said that if I'd be her gym buddy and make her go, she'd pay for my membership until I get a new job sorted... I love her! So now I need to research barbell routines, as she's picking me up at 7am tomorrow morning for a workout followed by a swim :)

And then when I got home, I had a call from one of the places I've applied for work, and had a chat with the lady who would be my colleague... She's short listing me for a proper interview!!! Today is a good day :D

• Like 2

So, yesterday I posted that my friend had offered to pay my gym membership if I'd be her buddy (until I get a new job sorted). We went this morning... Started off with her being half an hour late to pick me up. Not a huge deal, but I did have to start work at 10am, so earlier is better. We get there and spend a few minutes orientating ourselves in the changing room (getting lockers, trying and failing to find the loos etc).

Then we head up to the gym. I head to the bikes for a 10 minute warm up. She joins me after some hesitation. She manages 7 minutes, which is again fine, she's new to working out. She then wanders off and spends the next 15 minutes looking at stuff and occasionally sitting down at a machine. I tried to get her to join in with what I was doing (NFA barbell battalion L1) and eventually got her to try a set of squats and deadlifts. One set. Of each. She then decides that she's going to go swimming, while I finish my workout. That's cool, I'll join her once I'm done. I finish my workout, and head down to the changing rooms, and bump into her on her way out of them. Completely dry, and carrying all her stuff. She'd sat and chatted to a friend via Skype messenger the entire time and then couldn't be arsed to actually go swimming. GRRRRRR. So I didn't get to swim at all and my workout was patchy because I was trying to be a good friend and help her. She just said that she might go back later for a swim... We're meeting a friend for a girls day about mid-afternoon, so I know full well that she wont go swimming. Guess I'm just going to have to focus on my own thing and hope she comes around, but its frustrating. She asked me to be her gym buddy, to make sure she actually GOES, but then does virtually nothing. I know it can be hard when you first go, and don't quite know what you're doing, but that was the point of taking me!

*sigh* Still, I went, I worked out, and I found out that they're starting a Tough Mudder prep session on the 1st of May, so I'll definitely haul my ass along to that! Especially as my first TM is in 4 1/2 weeks!

Sorry for the silence! No excuse, just couldn't be bothered to type :P

Saturday me and my husband went to a trampolining gym... I was worried about hurting my back, so I took it very carefully. Played a bit of dodge ball and randomly bounced around... It was fun. Then my husband ripped the entire crotch out of his trousers :D which I found hilarious! Needless to say, that called an end to our session. My back was surprisingly ok on Sunday, my ankle however was killing me! So I took it easy and did very little.

Monday I did my BW/TRX workout. I didn't really want to, but I did it. I then bumped into a friend in Aldi and had a natter with her. Fairly standard day, other than the fact that I had a large bar of chocolate for my lunch... I know... Thats naughty. But oh well... moving on...

Today a friend (the same one I bumped into yesterday) asked me to go visit a gym with her. She's never really used one, and her only real criteria was a swimming pool, so wanted a second opinion on the gym. It was decent enough, has a free weights section, with all the necessary bits, as well as all the standard cardio equipment. She then said that if I'd be her gym buddy and make her go, she'd pay for my membership until I get a new job sorted... I love her! So now I need to research barbell routines, as she's picking me up at 7am tomorrow morning for a workout followed by a swim :)

And then when I got home, I had a call from one of the places I've applied for work, and had a chat with the lady who would be my colleague... She's short listing me for a proper interview!!! Today is a good day :D

• Like 2

WTF?!?! Don't know why that posted my new post in the middle of the last one... And it wont let my edit it either... I hate it when tech glitches... 

• Like 1

Well done.  Ok, if I pay for your membership, will you be my gym buddy?  It might be a little difficult being in different countries and all.. haha ;)

I hate the technical glitches going on too.  I got the idea of the post though :)

It's great that someone came to you looking for a gym buddy.  It sucks that they didn't want to try to get more out of it.  Maybe they will come around.

• Like 1

Well done.  Ok, if I pay for your membership, will you be my gym buddy?  It might be a little difficult being in different countries and all.. haha ;)

YES!!! I'd more than happily be a gym buddy for you :) Now I just need to invent a teleportation device...

Part of our girly afternoon ended up being a lovely walk out in the Derbyshire dales... It was beautiful! Lovely and warm, and we went late enough to miss the 'burn' period of the day... Hit my 10k steps, so happy about that. Not quite so happy that we're having Chinese takeaway for dinner, but oh well!

• Like 2

Yesterday I went back to the gym with my friend, and we both did the first session of Zombies! Run on the treadmill, followed by swimming 10 lengths of the pool. I was so proud of her! She walked most of it, but she did jog occasionally! (And tbh, I didn't run that much more than her). Think we're both going to do the C25K on days when we don't want to lift :)

Have to admit to aching like crazy today... I'd forgotten how much work swimming can be. I hadn't been in a year or more, so those 10 lengths were HARD! I need to do some stretching today, to get my back moving, but its not 'OW OW make it stop' levels, just achy. Was planning on doing some lifting today, but not sure if I want to push it... May just go for a swim or a walk. If I do go lift, I may drop the weight right down and work on form... Will see how I feel after work :)

In other news, I've been eating ALL the veggies, fruit and meat. There have been occasional detours on the road to good nutrition, but that's fine, as long as I find my way back to the path, its good to take the occasional off road detour! I'm still using MFP for food tracking, but I'm not so bothered about going over my daily 'goal' if its because I've eaten a ton of veg or fruit... Better than going over because of cake :P Still have the weekend to contend with, which is where I normally fall down, so need to plan what I'm going to do for gaming (assuming I go, I'm not all that fussed about it atm) and for my Saturday evening meal , which normally ends up being take away, and really really needs to stop! Sunday my hubby is working, so I'll probably head to the gym and do something... Or go for a walk... but at least my food choices will be easier!

Water intake is up. But not quite as high as I'd like. Trying to think of an easy way to track it, without using something like Plant Nanny. I have too many apps on the go, and don't want to use any more. Would like something more physical... hmmmmmm will work on that.

I've had to give myself a few days break on the job hunt front. I was getting so depressed about the constant rejections, that I needed the time to get my head on straight. Still getting at least 1 rejection a day, but I've managed to put some mental distance between me and them... Maybe thats the meditation helping? Either way, I'll do some more job hunting today and on Sunday. Problem at the moment is that I'm due to start both councelling and the back pain management course next week, which will affect when I'm able to work. The back course is Wednesday afternoons 1.30-4.30 for the next 7 weeks. Don't think most employers will be happy with me saying 'Oh, by the way, I can't work Wednesday afternoons for the next 7 weeks, due to having to attend an NHS pain management course. Did I not mention I have three prolapsed discs?'  Oh well, will deal with it as and when it happens.

Made an adult decision the other day... Took out a loan to consolidate an old loan and my credit card. Went from paying £350 a month on the two, to one payment of £175. My credit card has now been hidden, so that I can't be tempted to use it again. Also had a bit left over, so that is sat in my account as a 'safety net', just in case this job hunt thing takes longer than I would like. Although what I'd really like to use that money for, is NF Camp! Why does being a responsible adult mean resisting impulse purchases?! WAHHHHHHH. Maybe next year.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2016 at 0:12 PM, LadyWitch said:

Goal 1: Get a new job.

Goal 2: BW/TRX work out 3 times a week.

Goal 3: Snack on fruit/nuts/dark chocolate only

Todays measurements:

Weight: 14st 9lb

Chest: 42.5 in

Waist: 37 in

Hips: 48.5 in

R Thigh: 28.5 in

L Thigh: 29 in

R Bicep: 14 in

L Bicep: 13.75 in

Progress photos taken.

Goal 1: Get a new job.

Well. I've applied for about 100 jobs, and had one interview. Still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm not going to assume anything. Guess this goal will roll over to the next challenge.

Goal 2: BW/TRX work out 3 times a week.

Thanks to my very generous friend, I've actually been doing weight workouts in the gym, so thats a level up from where I was expecting to be. And I have gone at least 3 times each week since I started, and I had done the required number of BW/TRX workouts before starting at the gym. SO... This is definitely a pass!!! RAWR!

Goal 3: Snack on fruit/nuts/dark chocolate only

Well... This didn't work out quite so well... Just can't seem to resist cakes, chocolate, or the occasional chai latte... Will work on this more in the next challenge. Maybe try to simplify it... Will think on it some.

This was a definite win! There were a couple of days where I drank less, but on a 'normal' day I drink 7-8 pints anyway, so it balances out :) This was a pass!

Starting/Todays measurements:

Weight: 14st 9lb / 14st 6lb

Chest: 42.5 in /  41 in

Waist: 37 in / 36 in

Hips: 48.5 in / 47.5

R Thigh: 28.5 in / 27.5 in

L Thigh: 29 in / 28 in

R Bicep: 14 in / 13.5

L Bicep: 13.75 in / 13 in

Lost 3lb which is the first weight loss I've seen in months, and lost at least an inch on most of my measurements. So happy! Gives me a positive boost going into the next challenge :)

• Like 2

well done!!

• Like 1

Level: 15 Race: Human Class: Adventurer (Sailor Senshi/Aes Sedai)

STR: 14    DEX: 12    STA: 16   CON: 28   WIS: 26    CHA: 15 

(unspent points: 6? challenges worth)

Weight Loss Progress (SW 12/5/15 272)

Mini-Goal: Get back down to my low 152.2 - SW 6/1/17 170.4 - CW 6/10/17: 166.6

regained the last few months - back on track losing in June

My Battle Log|My NF Character Sheet

Challenges:

1/16-2/16-3/16-4/16-5/16-6/16-7/16-8/16-9/16-11/16-12/16-1/17-2/17-

20 hours ago, Tateman said:

Great Job :)

Keep killing it in the gym!  I know a couple of people fishing for jobs, and not getting many bites.  Keep you head up!  

18 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I am so proud of you!

You've stuck with everything you started with, didn't give up when you encountered obstacles, and came out ahead with the gym membership!

Plus, you've lost weight and inches! 

4 hours ago, MichiruSedai said:

well done!!

Thanks folks! I'm actually really proud of myself for getting all my workouts in. And the fact that I've actually lost inches and lbs makes me doubly happy! I'm trying to move away from caring about the scales, and focus more on what I can do, but its never as easy as it seems!  Going to get my next challenge set up ASAP, as I hate the 'down time' between them... Gives me time to get lazy, which isn't going to happen :) See you on the new thread!

• Like 3

New challenge is here

• Like 1