Agnarr

14 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

your gym sounds like one of the competent ones that doesn't give the sport a bad name!

Well, I don't know any other CF gyms, but I certainly don't imagine myself getting hurt due to bad coaching or something like that

• Like 4

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

Sounds like you found a really good gym. Cool.

Are you participating in the Ranger mini challenge? The monks don't have one this challenge so I decided to join your bunch.^^

• Like 3

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Happy to hear about your CF experience and that you will be able to join!

Sounds good that you are going back to some basics with your challenge. I really liked all your ranger/survival projects last challenge...if you do more awesome things like that, please share, even if it's not part of your official challenge :-)

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Happy to hear about your CF experience and that you will be able to join!

Sounds good that you are going back to some basics with your challenge. I really liked all your ranger/survival projects last challenge...if you do more awesome things like that, please share, even if it's not part of your official challenge :-)

Of course! If I set myself for some rangery project I'll be sure to share

Sounds like you found a really good gym. Cool.

Are you participating in the Ranger mini challenge? The monks don't have one this challenge so I decided to join your bunch.^^

No, I'm not :( I'm already having trouble in keeping up whith everybody's threads and even my own. If I participate in the mini I'll probably drop out mid challenge. It's great to have you among the rangers for this challenge :)

Week 1 Day 3

Nutrition: so far I've been able to

stick to my carb goal, but the rest of the macros are somewhat tricky. Better meal planing is in order.

b35d92dcabe79f5b4a9775d9c3d48304.jpg

2) study: only half an hour. 2 hours to go

3) to-do list:

-review some accounts at work(done)

-send some emails (done)

Enviado mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

a2162e84999254e44bf23ec037042963.jpg

f674a2362116b348c1f416e677d260cd.jpg

I feel like you needed the boost those'll provide.  ;)

12 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Well, I don't know any other CF gyms, but I certainly don't imagine myself getting hurt due to bad coaching or something like that

It just sounds like your coaches understand good programming from what you've reported.  That's usually a pretty unforgiving indicator.

9 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

The more the merrier!  Nothing says only Rangers need apply.  ;)

• Like 3

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Subbing for support and some selfish motivation! Sounds like you've got a good grip on your goals and I'm excited to see you own this challenge! :)

• Like 1

Starting Stats:                  Current Stats:

BW: 275lbs                        BW: 235lbs

Chest: 54"                            Chest: 43"

Waist: 52"                             Waist: 47"

Arm: 16"                               Arm: 15"

Thigh: 25"                            Thigh: 26.5"

BF%: 45                               BF%: 32

Challenges:

1 2 3 4 Current

My Character

Today's WOD

5 rounds of

10 ring dips

10 SDHP (20Kg)

10 T2B

A run around the block

Lightest WOD so far(still kicked my ass of course)

the last few rounds I had to do the dips on the edge of a plyo box because I couldn't keep the rings steady. I'm learning to embrace the suck instead of taking a hit to the pride everytime I can't do something(training with complete beasts is helping with that [emoji14])

I learned how to kip... still not confortable with it. Physically (hurts my shoulders) or ethically: it feels like I'm doing the exercise wrong. I just need to shake the calisthenics dogma off, that's all. But I'm definetly enjoying CF more than I ever expected.

Oh, and my hands are already baring the marks left by the passionate kisses of the bar's knurled lips. The bar is a demanding lover but the hands have aquired a taste for the bar's rough attentions... and that wasn't weird at all.

b430632189741d6c21cc3a11aca6778f.jpg

I'll get to the actual goals once I arrive home. Finished class at 23:00 and a ~2 hours commute. Not cool

• Like 4

Ouch, that's a rough love.

• Like 2

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Glad to hear you're enjoying Crossfit. And welcome to the Permanently Ruined Hands club!

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

On 7/4/2016 at 1:31 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

a2162e84999254e44bf23ec037042963.jpg

f674a2362116b348c1f416e677d260cd.jpg

I feel like you needed the boost those'll provide.  ;)

It just sounds like your coaches understand good programming from what you've reported.  That's usually a pretty unforgiving indicator.

loved the motivationals. Especially the first one since I'm re-reading "The Primal Blueprint" and I'm hyped on the primal stuff.

On 7/4/2016 at 1:55 AM, Saphros said:

Subbing for support and some selfish motivation! Sounds like you've got a good grip on your goals and I'm excited to see you own this challenge! :)

Hey! It's great to have you on board :)

9 hours ago, Hilary_W said:

That's half the battle. Good on ya.

:D

7 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Ouch, that's a rough love.

tumblr_lk5i8b3G8H1qep0l9o1_400.gif

2 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying Crossfit. And welcome to the Permanently Ruined Hands club!

hahah Thanks! :)

Last night I didn not make it. I arrived home at 1am stuffed my face with some fish and salad and died on the spot(well, not quite. more like went to sleep)

Nutrition: I can't find the graphics thingy on MFP website. but my macros were:

Carbs:71g

Fats:16g

Protein:113g

Calories:949(I've measured every cup and gram of my daily intake to avoid guesswork. This amount of calories seems too small. I'm not sure if MFP data is wrong or I'm really undereating)

According to MyFitnessPal I need to eat more from a macros and caloric intake point of view. I don't feel like I'm running on fumes- I mean, I manage to swimm on mondays, crossfit on tuesdays and thursdays and Ultimate Couple WorkoutTM wednesdays and Fridays.- but perhaps I need to eat more to promote muscular development. At the same time my first goal is still weightloss. I'm sick an tired of my overly padded mid section. Any insights on this subject are super welcome.

Study: 1hour 15min. 45min to go

To-do list: confirm the number of guys and gals attending to the Tartan Day Parade on Saturday. less than I'd like, but I guess I can't complain, we are representing a tiny part of scottish history no one likes anyway :P(DONE)

To-Do list for today:

-Discuss a few last moment details with the managers of said event.

-Finish the tunic embroidery to a point where I can wear it without sporting some half -finished garment.

-Pay the singing class monthly fee

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Agnarr said:

loved the motivationals. Especially the first one since I'm re-reading "The Primal Blueprint" and I'm hyped on the primal stuff.

You and me both, buddy.  Check out Jonathon Mead's Uncaged Man website and Facebook group sometime.  I think it would be right up your alley.  Wolfie and I are devouring his count like it's going out of style!

• Like 1

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

According to MyFitnessPal I need to eat more from a macros and caloric intake point of view. I don't feel like I'm running on fumes- I mean, I manage to swimm on mondays, crossfit on tuesdays and thursdays and Ultimate Couple WorkoutTM wednesdays and Fridays.- but perhaps I need to eat more to promote muscular development. At the same time my first goal is still weightloss. I'm sick an tired of my overly padded mid section. Any insights on this subject are super welcome.

So my understanding is that even if you're trying to lose weight/fat, you don't want to be at too much of a deficit, cause your body freaks out and wants to store as much fat as possible. <1000 calories/day is definitely too little with everything you do - have you had a look at something like IIFYM where you can put in your activity level and weight and adjust for your goals? MFP gave me something like 1400-1500 calories/day and that's definitely not enough for me with the exercise/sports I do

• Like 2

You and me both, buddy.  Check out Jonathon Mead's Uncaged Man website and Facebook group sometime.  I think it would be right up your alley.  Wolfie and I are devouring his count like it's going out of style!

I'll pay his website a visit!

So my understanding is that even if you're trying to lose weight/fat, you don't want to be at too much of a deficit, cause your body freaks out and wants to store as much fat as possible.

I'll check it out. I'm really having troubles getting to the 1200cal and that's supposed to be less than my basal methabolism rate. So technically I'm undereating and thats iranically counter-productive to my goals.

• Like 1

So my understanding is that even if you're trying to lose weight/fat, you don't want to be at too much of a deficit, cause your body freaks out and wants to store as much fat as possible. <1000 calories/day is definitely too little with everything you do - have you had a look at something like IIFYM where you can put in your activity level and weight and adjust for your goals? MFP gave me something like 1400-1500 calories/day and that's definitely not enough for me with the exercise/sports I do

I'll pay his website a visit!

I'll check it out. I'm really having troubles getting to the 1200cal and that's supposed to be less than my basal methabolism rate. So technically I'm undereating and thats iranically counter-productive to my goals.

Without knowing your specific age, height, and weight measurements, I can only comment from my own perspective.  At 5'10, 190# (86kg ish), maintenance calories for my build float around 2500-2600.  Bulking clocks in around 2900 and cutting starts around 2400 for a slow and safe cut to 2200 for what IIFYM considers a 'drastic' cut.

That said, I lost the bulk of my weight last year at the 2000 calorie mark (weighing 200-230#) and eating only strict Paleo with only one or two cheat meals per month.

Now that I'm easing into a cut again, I'm starting at 2300 and adjusting as necessary.  Your mileage may vary, but definitely checkout IIFYM's calculator!

• Like 1

I've been fighting pleage the whole weekend and yesterday. That means binge watching "The 100" while drinking tea. I did go to the Tartan Day Parade but I promised I'd go and I try to be a man of my word.

Anyway, it seem to have worked because today I was in good enough shape not to skip CF.

Great WOD, really hard on the aerobic endurance.

-1RM Power cleans (50kg)

And then:

-KB swings

-Wall balls

In a 21-15-9 pattern with a run around the block between each one.

I saw myself in the mirror after taking a shower. It could just be me getting paranoid as usual, but I could swear some muscle loss is noticeable. Hope it's just a paranoid Agnarr. Anyway, I shall adress the meal problem at once.

Oh! I almost forgot

Study:1h 30min

To-do list:

-re schedule this week combat training (DONE)

-Shedule a leathercraft workshop for sunday after training (DONE)

• Like 2

I found this sticker today and it seemed to have your name on it

• Like 4

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Remember all that yammer about plague being over? Well scratch that. Wednesday was fairly ok. Workout with my SO went fine. Thursday I woke up feeling somewhat shaky. I decided not to pay attention to it and went to CrossFit after work as always. I was a little sore BEFORE starting, weird... the WOD wasn't much more punishing than the previous few but I started to feel really weak and towards the end of it I almost faint. After that I went straight home and got into bed. By that time I was showing simptoms of... well, plain ole common cold. Life still goes on as long as I have enough tissues lol

I've been traking macros every day, but for a number of reasons I wasn't that diligent on posting on this thread.or any other thread for that matter...

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon!

It is a weird thing. When you're sick you body tells you when to stop. Feel better soon!

Thanks ^.^

Saturday stopped raining long enough to allow my "first mate" in the reenactment group and I to go on a sort of ruck-out-of-need. We needed to return some stuff(including a bloody cauldron)to their owner before monday and we didn't had a car at our disposal, so much in our customary way, filled our backpacks and made a bundle with the rest and carried it to destination. One bus, one train and more walking than I cared to count(aprox 20 blocks in total, but could be less or more) but we made it! and then we went back home...

Sunday I took as a rest day, and as a side note, got introduced to the Sherlok series starring Benedict Cumberbatch. Great show, I don't know why, but I had never gotten around to watch it.

Regarding the challenge. I make a commitment to get my shit together and update every day for the next to weeks. Next challenge will probably follow the Ulfhedinn theme and I got to get back in the  consistent update wagon or I'll end up derailing real bad.

• Like 3

Glad to hear you're feeling better. What a great way to do an impromptu ruck! Sherlock is great, although I wasn't too keen on the Christmas special they did last year.

Just out of curiosity, was it a "bloody cauldron" in the cursing sense like "oh, that bloody cauldron" or was it actually a cauldron of blood? 

• Like 4

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Today I started with a proper breakfast, something I plan on keep doing, even if I have to batch cook that too. A hard boiled egg, a slice of ham, some sausage and a cup of tea. 268cals and less than 6 grams of carbs.

I'm in some mood for Pantera

pantera-o.gif

• Like 1