sylph

GIANT LIST OF THINGS

I like to check things off.

I like spreadsheets.

So, here's a giant list of things for which I can earn points this challenge. I have no idea how the points will work out, so can't make a weekly goal for # of points, but I will make a goal that each week is better than the last.

So, here's the list. Now to figure out the best spreadsheet to do this.

Spoiler

Exercise

• Do something, FFS! Moping about like a slug doesn't help anything. Weights/Cardio/Yoga/Dedicated stretching will all count. (+1 point each)
    • 3 in a week = +2 points
  • Focus on conditioning to maintain for aerial (lolwhy?) with grip drills, ab stuff, inversions, etc. (+1 point each)
  • Do other stuff to see if something else sparks the silkslove--climbing, barre, rings, paralettes, whatever. (+5 for each thing)
  • I have biceps tendonitis in my shoulder. Do PT exercises as assigned, daily. (+1 point/day)
    • 7 in a week = +3 points

Food

• Cook more. (+2 points per meal that involves more than defrosting in the microwave)
  • Meal plan. (+3 points for planning a meals, buying the ingredients and making it)
  • Batch cook. (+3 points for each thing that goes into the freezer)
  • Eat more protein. (+5 points for each day >100g)
  • Snack less (NatureBox, I love you, but you may be the death of me). Before snacking, drink water. If still hungry (and not just bored), have ONE serving of some snack. (+2 points each time this happens)
  • Keep an eye on alcohol consumption. (-1 point for each drink consumed on a weeknight)

Adulting & Self-Care

• Can we make scooping the cat litter a habit already? (+1 point per day)
    • 3 in a week = +2 points
  • Vacuum the carpet on some regular basis. (+5 points)
    • Twice in this challenge = +5 more points
  • Routine, thorough cleaning of the kitchen counter, sink, stove, etc. instead of a half-assed wipe down on occasion. (+2 points per day)
    • 5 in a week= +5 more points
  • Wardrobe assessment--it's Spring! What will I wear to work now that SweaterEveryDay isn't really an option?
    • Rearrange closet to put sweaters aside (+3 points)
    • Assess outfit options for spring (+10 points)
    • Clear out unused/unworn clothing for donation (+5 points)
  • Skin care. 
    • Wash, tone & moisturize (+3 points per day)
  • Appearance attention--hair, makeup, clothes. I've been phoning in in lately (My glasses distract from the fact that I have no make up on, right? Right?). Put a little effort into it (see above: wardrobe assessment & skin care)
    • Blow out hair (+2 points each)
    • Wear some make up. At least tinted moisturizer and eyeliner. (+2 points each)
  • Be present. Yes there are some Big Stressful Things happening, but that doesn't mean that all free time has to be spent turtled up on the couch with a cat and a blanket. Do things. Pay attention to hubs. Ride the motorcycle. Get away from the default of free time = video games and internet surfing. (+5 points for getting out of the house)
  • Yard work--spring is coming (+5 points for each hour of yard clean up)
  • Knittery. Do NOT buy more yarn. Make things with the yarn already owned. (+1 point per day)

That should do for now.

Spreadsheet here

• Like 4

I like lists!

I like  YOU!

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Yes! This is some quality listing. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Just now, starsapart said:

You beat me this time, I have:

No theme

No goals

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My theme and goals barely qualify as such.

Theme: list of things

Goals: do better than last week

And an un-challenge challenge is a good idea from time to time. Maintain, consolidate habits. It's all good. :)

Ha! This is great. I thought the idea for a while was to focus on one thing- well screw that idea! :) This is doing all the things. And I think it's awesome. Sometimes you have to do the completely different, opposite of what you're supposed to do thing to make everything work right. Or at the very least, have fun trying. After all, question everything, right?

I like it.

• Like 1

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

I too am a spreadsheet nerd.  This time through i'm limiting my spreadsheet but usually i have one and then several i don't share tracking other things.

• Like 1

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

35 minutes ago, QuirkyDM said:

Ha! This is great. I thought the idea for a while was to focus on one thing- well screw that idea! :) This is doing all the things. And I think it's awesome. Sometimes you have to do the completely different, opposite of what you're supposed to do thing to make everything work right. Or at the very least, have fun trying. After all, question everything, right?

I like it.

Wellllllll.... the "One Thing" is The List. That counts, right? heh. It is simultaneously all the things and one thing only. I figured this would be a good way to help me keep on towards 'better' even on weeks that I don't get into the gym, or eat poorly or whatever--I can make up for it in other ways.

33 minutes ago, Lycansbane said:

I too am a spreadsheet nerd.  This time through i'm limiting my spreadsheet but usually i have one and then several i don't share tracking other things.

I spend probably too much time organizing and formatting and putting in equations and things, but it makes me happy to get things to an almost automated state where I can check a box and everything else magically fills itself out. Such joy.

• Like 1

#gettingshitdone

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 3/29/2016 at 9:02 AM, sylph said:
  • Knittery. Do NOT buy more yarn. Make things with the yarn already owned. (+1 point per day)

Spreadsheet here

I feel you on the yarn stash....I have a mini pile at the moment. What kind of things are you working on?

And I love the spreadsheet! Might have to modify it for my own uses....

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

1 hour ago, lullaby88 said:

I feel you on the yarn stash....I have a mini pile at the moment. What kind of things are you working on?

And I love the spreadsheet! Might have to modify it for my own uses....

I just finished a baby blanket for my hairstylist and I'm currently 90% finished with this bag: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/windmill-bag I just need to seam up the sides and knot the handles. Who knows what I will use it for, but it was a quick easy knit where I learned an i-cord bind of as well as picking up and knitting stitches (I'm a rather new knitter).

Next is probably going to be a cowl or a hat as my first in-the-round project. What all is in your mini-pile?

You are welcome to the spreadsheet if it's useful for you! I went through 2-3 iterations before I settled on this one, so if I can save someone else some puttering around, I'm happy to do so.

• Like 1

I'm sort of new to knitting as well. I've knitted 2 baby blankets and some baby booties. I have 6 almost full balls of yarn leftover from the booties so I'm trying to make matching baby beanies. I have a stash of sugar 'n' cream yarn too because I started making star wash clothes but got distracted by Christmas gifts lol.

I found this dragon wing cowl that I want to do so bad! But I need to finish some open projects first lol. http://jessieathome.com/knit-dragon-wing-cowl/

And thanks! [emoji4] I'm going to give that a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Current

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

12 hours ago, lullaby88 said:

I'm sort of new to knitting as well. I've knitted 2 baby blankets and some baby booties. I have 6 almost full balls of yarn leftover from the booties so I'm trying to make matching baby beanies. I have a stash of sugar 'n' cream yarn too because I started making star wash clothes but got distracted by Christmas gifts lol.

I found this dragon wing cowl that I want to do so bad! But I need to finish some open projects first lol. http://jessieathome.com/knit-dragon-wing-cowl/

And thanks! emoji4.png I'm going to give that a shot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I justify all the extra yarn I bought right before this challenge (with vague ideas of what to turn it into) by the fact that I'm new and I don't know what kind of yarns I like working with, yet. So, I have various colors of DK and worsted, some in acrylic, some superwash, some bamboo/silk (I think?) that I plan to experiment with and find out how it all behaves and what I like. For SCIENCE! hehe.

That is a cool-looking cowl/scarf thing! So dramatic!

I will probably do Boomslang next: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boomslang or maybe the Honeycomb Cowl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honeycomb-cowl-7 in a smaller yarn, rather than super bulky so it drapes a bit instead of standing up on its own so much.

Week 0, day 2

PT in the evening. Got some new exercises, felt much better about PT in general while there. 

2 pts

Was mindful about snacks (thereby not actually snacking)

2 pts

Wore makeup (woo!)

2 pts

Finished up my Windmill Bag. I have no idea what to do with it now, but it's done!

1 pt

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, sylph said:

I justify all the extra yarn I bought right before this challenge (with vague ideas of what to turn it into) by the fact that I'm new and I don't know what kind of yarns I like working with, yet. So, I have various colors of DK and worsted, some in acrylic, some superwash, some bamboo/silk (I think?) that I plan to experiment with and find out how it all behaves and what I like. For SCIENCE! hehe.

That is a cool-looking cowl/scarf thing! So dramatic!

I will probably do Boomslang next: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boomslang or maybe the Honeycomb Cowl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honeycomb-cowl-7 in a smaller yarn, rather than super bulky so it drapes a bit instead of standing up on its own so much.

I started by buying yarns that looked pretty. I have one that I don't think I'll be able to use because it's very fragile. Makes me sad because it has a pretty color pattern.

It is! And if you read the pattern, it seems simple. I haven't tried it but I do have the yarn I need. hehe

Both of those look like fun. Knitting in the round is a bit odd. Like doing a garter stitch (basic knit stitch row after row while knitting flat). In the round, you have to switch knit and purl rounds. If you want to do stockinette in the round, you just knit each row. In flat knitting, you switch knit and purl rows. 

Current

Points-tastic. 

Raptron, alot assassin