sylph

Cats can be jerks, but at worst, there's always the catnip idea...........

Good luck finding some energy to get things done.  I believe in you!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Catnip fosho.

Is there anything that might have a low barrier to entry but might make you happier or help you get in the groove? Some yoga or stretching or a workout video? A nice walk or hike? A bike ride? 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, starsapart said:

Cats can be jerks, but at worst, there's always the catnip idea...........

Good luck finding some energy to get things done.  I believe in you!

They get freaky with catnip, (like, super whacked-out) so I try to keep it minimal. We'll see what they're doing when I get home.

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Catnip fosho.

Is there anything that might have a low barrier to entry but might make you happier or help you get in the groove? Some yoga or stretching or a workout video? A nice walk or hike? A bike ride? 

I did a handful of sun salutations in my office before lunch, so that's something.

And I have a pretty full-service array of exercise equipment in my basement. It doesn't get much more low-barrier to entry than heading down the stairs. :)

I'm just in a slump. Again. Still. Whichever.

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

Hugs.

<3

<3 catbed lady.

I have some catnip in a spray, maybe just a little on the inside of the bed with something like that would trick them into investigating further enough that they realize they love it forever.

GOOD JOB ON SUN SALUTATIONS.

how does your weekend look?

I bet this sudden and deplorable return to wintery conditions is contributing a little to the fuckitalls.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

14 minutes ago, karinajean said:

<3 catbed lady.

I have some catnip in a spray, maybe just a little on the inside of the bed with something like that would trick them into investigating further enough that they realize they love it forever.

GOOD JOB ON SUN SALUTATIONS.

how does your weekend look?

I bet this sudden and deplorable return to wintery conditions is contributing a little to the fuckitalls.

Weekend looks snowy. As you say, I'm sure this isn't helping.

Nothing on the schedule, which is actually kind of bad. Getting out to do SOMETHING can typically jump start me into doing other stuff. An empty weekend (while relaxing) doesn't lend itself to slump-busting very well.

Sometimes you need those down days. And that's cool. Though if you think you're just stuck in the blahs, maybe try to kickstart your list. You have 3 categories on your list- pick one from each and do it. After that, slug away. Like on a whim, you could do:

- PT exercises (cause you want that shoulder fixed when slks open back up)

- followed by eating some protein (to build up those shoulder muscles that just got worked out)

- and then empty the kitty litter (because otherwise you know it's sitting there taunting you)

Then let the fuckitalls have their way. (bonus of these three activities is no brain power involved)

Or gamify this. If you're stuck in a rut with "don't want to make my brain figure out what I should so", then take your brain out of the equation. Write down all your list items on a slips of paper, note cards, old playing cards, etc. Or get a dice or a deck of cards and assign each item to a number. Then randomly pick a job and do it. No excuses, no redraws. Just do it. You can split your decks into your three categories or just mix them together. Pick a card and do it today.  Pick one every day.

• Like 1

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Sometimes you need those down days. And that's cool. Though if you think you're just stuck in the blahs, maybe try to kickstart your list. You have 3 categories on your list- pick one from each and do it. After that, slug away. Like on a whim, you could do:

- PT exercises (cause you want that shoulder fixed when slks open back up)

- followed by eating some protein (to build up those shoulder muscles that just got worked out)

- and then empty the kitty litter (because otherwise you know it's sitting there taunting you)

Then let the fuckitalls have their way. (bonus of these three activities is no brain power involved)

Or gamify this. If you're stuck in a rut with "don't want to make my brain figure out what I should so", then take your brain out of the equation. Write down all your list items on a slips of paper, note cards, old playing cards, etc. Or get a dice or a deck of cards and assign each item to a number. Then randomly pick a job and do it. No excuses, no redraws. Just do it. You can split your decks into your three categories or just mix them together. Pick a card and do it today.  Pick one every day.

This helps, thank you. It's definitely more than a down day. More like a down-six months. :ambivalence:

PT done, at least. The rest will have to wait until home.

• Like 1

I am so obviously not a cat person- it took me three looks to realize those two weren't the same cat. :) It looks like they love it though- and who doesn't love wrapping themselves up in a blanket? I don't watch TV any other way.

LOL! They look similar but their personalities are pretty much opposite. :)

Here's the final hold out, getting in on the action.

GqXbEP3.jpg?1

• Like 3

Cats in the cat bed! It's a miracle! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Great news! You're much better at recovery than I am, though I usually end up putting off going for help for far too long, which drags out the recovery much longer.

Now if only there was a building full of silks to go put that shoulder through its proper paces ...

Quirky DM

My Battle Log: QuirkyDM going Quazy

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

Great news! You're much better at recovery than I am, though I usually end up putting off going for help for far too long, which drags out the recovery much longer.

Now if only there was a building full of silks to go put that shoulder through its proper paces ...

Shoulder is still good! Fingers crossed that it still feels great tomorrow! I think my affliction is/was much milder than yours. AND I started PT from a relatively low pain place so I could do lots from the start to help.

No more news on the silks studio, unfortunately. :( 

OMG KITTY AWWNESS YAY. 

Also <3

I hate the fuckitalls :(

They are adorable. I can't believe how much they're using it now, actually. <3

Fuckitalls are better for the last little bit, somehow. Not sure what's shifted, but I'm glad it did.

Totally thought I was following your thread... But I wasn't. [emoji28] opps...

I've been on a long case of the fuckitalls as well. Slowly trying to weasel my way out. I've been doing a little better with them recently. So progress.

Yey for cats in a cat bed. They'll be picky sometimes.

Sent from Lullaby's dreamland

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Totally thought I was following your thread... But I wasn't. emoji28.png opps...

I've been on a long case of the fuckitalls as well. Slowly trying to weasel my way out. I've been doing a little better with them recently. So progress.

Yey for cats in a cat bed. They'll be picky sometimes.

Sent from Lullaby's dreamland

Glad to have you now!

I think my fuckitalls were partially self-perpetuating. I didn't care, but then I felt badly that I didn't care and couldn't make myself care which led to not caring further which lead to feeling worse. BLergh. Brains are dumb, sometimes.

But, things are better-ish? Spring might actually be coming, shoulder is feeling better and rumors are the lease on the circus gym is signed with an opening in July. This is the closest I've come to real information. July is far away, but if that's a REAL thing, I can wait that long. Give me the light at the end of the tunnel; I don't care how far away it is.

• Like 3

I think my fuckitalls were partially self-perpetuating. I didn't care, but then I felt badly that I didn't care and couldn't make myself care which led to not caring further which lead to feeling worse. BLergh. Brains are dumb, sometimes.

This sounds just like my fuckitalls. Dumb brain.

tumblr_lpp8d5tXSh1qh5qfgo1_400.gif

And congrats on the circus gym. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. :D 

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki