• Switched Viking Two-Zero from DPS to Medic roll
  • Switched Stoney from Medic to DPS roll
  • Switched Agnarr to the last Tank roll
  • Added Nymeria as the last DPS roll
  • Added Sylvaa as our Base of Operations contact

Wolf

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

No ma'am, you didn't miss anything yet! Camp Rangerfitness, if all things play out right, will be later this year, around the Fall. I'm in Dallas, Volki is in Austin, and Tank is in San Antonio, so hopefully if you visit we can make something happen. The steaks alone are reason enough to come to Texas ;)

7d1020479e1c40a06311a2ede99ec7ec.jpg

That steak just sold me.  Don't make me sue for false advertising. :D

In all seriousness though depending on how things go with the boyfriends new job and what vacation they let him take right away, we're planning a back up vacation to do a NOLA/Austin thingy in the fall if they won't let him take 3 weeks off to go to Alaska in July like we originally planned. SO there's definitely a chance that New Jersey might crash the Texas nerd party if the stars align!

44 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Hot damn I wanna go to the gun range now!

Ugh me too.  At least you totally can! I'll just be here, being jealous. And maybe play some Borderlands later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you ever visit Texas, we can let you shoot till you get bored. My parents have a big enough property I can shoot on their land, and Dad has...enough guns.

That sounds like an awesome addition to the fall Ranger gathering in Texas.  I'll bring my gun too!  It looks like this and I made it!!! 

TCHawken45.jpg

4 hours ago, Nymeria said:

It's a reminder to me that it's been entirely too long since my husband and I visited the shooting range.  It's shocking to me how much of a date night thing it is to hit the range, but whenever I've gone, the majority of the lanes are filled with couples shooting together.  :love_heart:

Thanks for a great date night idea...  I would never have thought of that one.  We live close enough to the local range that you can hear the"pops"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

The steaks alone are reason enough to come to Texas ;)

7d1020479e1c40a06311a2ede99ec7ec.jpg

:o

Is it bad that I'd consider a trans-Atlantic flight for a steak like that?

...because I'm considering it!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

You're challenge is gonna be awesome! OK, cool, so the AK-47 and RPK are gonna be your two guns. I'm writing stuff down and getting all the fun stuff in order ;). As soon as you unlock the Supply Line in the Security Wing, you can start regularly getting skin mods. The vendor updates every 24 hours so I have 3 skin mods right now. One of them is the urban cameo that Rurik posted with that M1A. Then I have a green one and a red one.

We always have fun playing and shooting hostiles :)

OH! And something crazy happened last night! My dream came true in the DZ!

I decided to venture back in and just try and up my DZ rank and get DZ money. I wasn't worried about loot because I figured it would get stolen anyways, lol. BUT, the craziest thing happened. I had built up a full pack of loot was gonna attempt going to an extraction point. I got stuck on this part with baddies that kept overwhelming me. I died like 2-3 times and on that next time I went down, some other agent came and revived me. HUH?

And then I got sent back down to the ground like 20 sec later...(I was getting ambushed by shotgunners and getting MERCED!) BUT, I was saved again...by a DIFFERENT person. WTF? Was this really happening?

Once all hostiles were eliminated, I saluted them and assumed they were on the same team. I ended up teaming with one of them, MrStevens or something like that was his gamer tag, the first dude to revive me, and we went on to pull off like 6-7 extractions together! AND..there were others doing extractions and we all worked in harmony! Weird...it played out like I've always wanted it too. I got some pretty good gear as well. Nothing high-end yet, but some good purple gun mods and a custom M44 marksman rifle! It's a Special instead of a Superior weapon, but the overall damage is like 17k compared to 14.8k from the Classic M1A. The downside to the M44 is it's bolt action reload and only carries 5 bullets. But the thing pops like no business! Ugh... I want a high-end SOCOM M1A so bad!

The other thing I took from last night is this: You and I can duo the DZ. We just gotta get you a at my level.

Sounds good to me :) Hm....I can't remember what I have left to unlock...I have one upgrade left in the Med Wing, and one left for one of the other ones too (I wanna say Security), but the last has 2 or 3 upgrades left. I'm going to have to check that out tonight...  Nice, I have no idea what other skins there are, I've only seen a handful, but I'm excited to customize further.

Holy. Shit. That is seriously the luck of the draw. I can't imagine that's a common occurrence in the DZ, but I'm hoping it happens more than I think it does. I need to pick up more Special and Superior level gear, I only have a few items.

I'm totally down for some DZ destruction :devilish:

No ma'am, you didn't miss anything yet! Camp Rangerfitness, if all things play out right, will be later this year, around the Fall. I'm in Dallas, Volki is in Austin, and Tank is in San Antonio, so hopefully if you visit we can make something happen. The steaks alone are reason enough to come to Texas ;)

Oh, awesome! I didn't realize Volki was down your way too. This is going to be a real badrangerass get together :D

33 minutes ago, Raxie said:

In all seriousness though depending on how things go with the boyfriends new job and what vacation they let him take right away, we're planning a back up vacation to do a NOLA/Austin thingy in the fall if they won't let him take 3 weeks off to go to Alaska in July like we originally planned. SO there's definitely a chance that New Jersey might crash the Texas nerd party if the stars align!

DO EEET! I'll be there too :D 

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Camp Rangerfitness 2016 is intended to coincide with Pumpkin Week at the Flying Saucer in the fall, when they feature many, many pumpkin beers. And to be fair, most grills down here are bigger than the one wolf presented.

195erorg0uqv1gif.gif

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Nope! My first thought was "I could eat that. How far do I have to travel to eat that?"

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Camp Rangerfitness 2016 is intended to coincide with Pumpkin Week at the Flying Saucer in the fall, when they feature many, many pumpkin beers. And to be fair, most grills down here are bigger than the one wolf presented.

2 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

Hngggggggggg too much awesomeness.  System overload.

So the plan was to do outdoorsy stuff in the NM area and then either fly or drive to Austin, depending on which was cheaper and if there was anything cool to stop off at in West Texas on the way (from looking at a map I am thinking there is not but am open to suggestions). But San Antonio is so close to Austin that could totally be thrown into the mix.

(I am definitely being convinced that this needs to be a thing.)

• Like 3

Just now, Raxie said:

So the plan was to do outdoorsy stuff in the NM area and then either fly or drive to Austin, depending on which was cheaper and if there was anything cool to stop off at in West Texas on the way (from looking at a map I am thinking there is not but am open to suggestions). But San Antonio is so close to Austin that could totally be thrown into the mix.

For West Texas, the Marfa Lights and the McDonald observatory in Ft. Davis are pretty cool. I've been to the second, only in the daytime, and it was still impressive. The Marfa lights are hit or miss, and would be out of your way.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So upset - I will be in Florida the weekend before and having company that week.

My only hope will be a project in Texas.

• Like 1

• Switched Viking Two-Zero from DPS to Medic roll
  • Switched Stoney from Medic to DPS roll
  • Switched Agnarr to the last Tank roll
  • Added Nymeria as the last DPS roll
  • Added Sylvaa as our Base of Operations contact

Wolf

I'm in, then! :) 

burn_notice01.jpg

Character name: Nymeria

Callsign: Nightshade

Role: DPS/sniper

Appearance: More or less like Fi from Burn Notice (hence the picture)

Weapons and Inventory: M1A, MP9, smoke grenades

Background: Although she's been an effective agent, Nym isn't known for being a great team player and has generally run solo ops.  After falling prey to an ambush and taking too many injuries, she has grudgingly decided to operate with a team, so she can more easily snipe from a distance.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

So upset - I will be in Florida the weekend before and having company that week.

We don't know yet what week this will be. Looking at last years, Pumpkin week was the week leading up to Halloween. Wolf and I will keep everyone updated of course

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We don't know yet what week this will be. Looking at last years, Pumpkin week was the week leading up to Halloween. Wolf and I will keep everyone updated of course

@Wild Wolf If this is going to be the case,  Wolfie, we need to dress as Division Agents!!

Edit: or Destiny! I need to get back on making that cosplay...

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ah, yeah - hello looking at the correct year. 

Do you need one from me? if not, disregard. :adoration:

Character name: Sylvaa

Callsign: Lady-80 (hey, it's already my call sign)

Role: BoO Contact

Appearance: Nondescript. The everyday girl next door

Weapons and Inventory: Sylvaa still has her M9 and can shoot like a pro, but as she doesn't spend time on the field it's not a priority

Background: Sylvaa spent most of her life as an analyst in front of a computer screen. She spiked the interest of the Division when she accidentally backed into some classified information. It suited their needs to keep her alive and bring her on board to keep tabs on the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

That steak just sold me.  Don't make me sue for false advertising. :D

Ugh me too.  At least you totally can! I'll just be here, being jealous. And maybe play some Borderlands later.

No false advertising here, Raxie! The steaks here are large and in charge of making you so full....you'll look like you rode a horse in-town, lol. The ole "cowby sway" :).

We would love for New Jersey to come crash our Tejas Nerd Fiesta! Though, the cast of How I met your Mother would probably say otherwise...

Ted-Mosby-_New-Jersey_hate_how-i-met-you

We still love ya, Raxie! And definitely keep us informed as things unfold this year. I don't get many opportunities to blow off some steam by unloading a couple rounds but I can always play more of The Division to help tame the beast for the time being. Borderlands would work well too. It reminds me of your epic boss battle challenge last year!

1 hour ago, Terra said:

That sounds like an awesome addition to the fall Ranger gathering in Texas.  I'll bring my gun too!  It looks like this and I made it!!! 

TCHawken45.jpg

Thanks for a great date night idea...  I would never have thought of that one.  We live close enough to the local range that you can hear the"pops"

Sweet rifle, Terra! Even cooler cuz you made it! I know right, what a good idea! I woulda never thought to make that a date night thing! I don't live near a range but I do live in Dallas and sometimes a random "pop" can be heard. It's really not that bad...I don't live in the downtown area where things can tend to be suspect...

1 hour ago, iatetheyeti said:

18 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Nope! My first thought was "I could eat that. How far do I have to travel to eat that?"

LOL! Please, come one, come all! We would love to have you both! Bonus points for being able to time an OCR to run with you gals ;)

42 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is true-MOST grills are bigger than that. And yes, that answers the next question, could we go bigger with the steak? Of course we can! It was looking like Pumpkin Week was the 1st week of November last year and they mentioned 25+ pumpkin style beers, ales and ciders! 

24 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

Sounds good to me :) Hm....I can't remember what I have left to unlock...I have one upgrade left in the Med Wing, and one left for one of the other ones too (I wanna say Security), but the last has 2 or 3 upgrades left. I'm going to have to check that out tonight...  Nice, I have no idea what other skins there are, I've only seen a handful, but I'm excited to customize further.

Holy. Shit. That is seriously the luck of the draw. I can't imagine that's a common occurrence in the DZ, but I'm hoping it happens more than I think it does. I need to pick up more Special and Superior level gear, I only have a few items.

I'm totally down for some DZ destruction :devilish:

Oh, awesome! I didn't realize Volki was down your way too. This is going to be a real badrangerass get together :D

195erorg0uqv1gif.gif

I did get lucky with those two dudes-but thankful nonetheless! I'm at....90% for both the Tech and the Medic wing. I'm at 80% for security...or maybe 90% for that too. I need to check. The supply line with the skin mods is with the Security Wing. I'm excited to see what skin mod I'll get today :) We need to get some DZ demolition going this weekend before your surgeries! We'll make it happen. I'll be on later tonight more than likely and definitely tomorrow.

Yes ma'am Volki completes the trifecta of terror for the Texas Rangers. Love that guy! So much excite!!!! Just think how it will be when September and October roll around. I'll have to purposefully add in a sleep goal cuz I'll lose so much from excitement!! And vomiting....that could be a thing too. So may factors! 

Wolf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

For West Texas, the Marfa Lights and the McDonald observatory in Ft. Davis are pretty cool. I've been to the second, only in the daytime, and it was still impressive. The Marfa lights are hit or miss, and would be out of your way.

Oh, if you're in West Texas and in the outdoorsy mood, you should make Big Bend National Park a thing. I rangered a winter there. The Chisos Mountains are amazing. 

I'll echo the McDonald Observatory for the stargazing fun.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

If you come to New Mexico you better let me know!!!  And if there is a party in Texas in October, I can drive!  ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Oooh that observatory looks awesome!! I think that definitely puts a tick in the pros column for driving.

No false advertising here, Raxie! The steaks here are large and in charge of making you so full....you'll look like you rode a horse in-town, lol. The ole "cowby sway" :).

We would love for New Jersey to come crash our Tejas Nerd Fiesta! Though, the cast of How I met your Mother would probably say otherwise...

Ted-Mosby-_New-Jersey_hate_how-i-met-you

We still love ya, Raxie! And definitely keep us informed as things unfold this year. I don't get many opportunities to blow off some steam by unloading a couple rounds but I can always play more of The Division to help tame the beast for the time being. Borderlands would work well too. It reminds me of your epic boss battle challenge last year!

Dudeeee now I want steak.

Hahah, yeahhhhhh NJ's got such a bad rap.  And I get it for north east jersey.  But the rest of it's so lovely! It's called the Garden State for a reason :D  But, I'm not even originally from NJ I'm from NY so I catch myself making fun of my fellow state mates quite frequently hahah. 

Borderlands is the best!

42 minutes ago, Sea Level said:

Oh, if you're in West Texas and in the outdoorsy mood, you should make Big Bend National Park a thing. I rangered a winter there. The Chisos Mountains are amazing. 

Hmmm that initially looked really out of the way but now that I mapped it out it actually only would add like an hour and that park looks AMAZING.  Outdoorsy things are basically the reason I travel so that's perfect.  Another tick in the pros to driving column...

10 minutes ago, Terra said:

If you come to New Mexico you better let me know!!!  And if there is a party in Texas in October, I can drive!  ;)

Oooooh! We would be in the Mesa Verde (not really NM but it's where we're starting), Bandelier National Park, and White Sands areas.  It would be so cool to see you too! And in the October party :D

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I work at home and I can't keep up with this thread.

Online-Bully_1.jpg

Hype train is pulling into Crazy Town.

I don't work at home and I can't keep up with this thread!!  

BTW - That steak has made me so hungry. . .. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

If you make it down for Camp Rangerfitness 2016 I will definitely be seeing you :) I'm hoping we can work out the logistics and get a bunch of Rangers down there for the first year! Texas is a HUGE state, but driving is prolly cheaper than flying. 

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Never visited either one, but looking at pics of the McDonald Observation looks awesome! I'm all for some pretty site seeing.

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I hope it can work out Sylvaa! Florida sounds fun though!

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

2 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

@Wild Wolf If this is going to be the case,  Wolfie, we need to dress as Division Agents!!

Edit: or Destiny! I need to get back on making that cosplay...

LMAO! I'm all for going Division Agent with ya! We would stand out as Hunters...but we could blend in with our cool jackets and body armor as Division Agents. Either or-I'm always down to cosplay! 

Dude! I forgot about your cosplay! At least you have 6+ months before halloween!  

3 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm in, then! :) 

burn_notice01.jpg

Character name: Nymeria

Callsign: Nightshade

Role: DPS/sniper

Appearance: More or less like Fi from Burn Notice (hence the picture)

Weapons and Inventory: M1A, MP9, smoke grenades

Background: Although she's been an effective agent, Nym isn't known for being a great team player and has generally run solo ops.  After falling prey to an ambush and taking too many injuries, she has grudgingly decided to operate with a team, so she can more easily snipe from a distance.

YAAAAAAAY!!! A fellow M1A lover, eh?? Swanky! I like your little bio and I think I'll have fun with your lack of wanting teammates :)

HAHA, aren't you already kinda like Fi from Burn Notice? This is gonna be fun, Nightshade!

tumblr_nb2xh4si0S1tnkofbo1_400.gif

I'm more like Sam..

tumblr_lre6ukwk1j1qg5kuc.gif

tumblr_mmctkx9LxU1qhkbteo1_250.gif

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Ah, yeah - hello looking at the correct year. 

Do you need one from me? if not, disregard. :adoration:

Character name: Sylvaa

Callsign: Lady-80 (hey, it's already my call sign)

Role: BoO Contact

Appearance: Nondescript. The everyday girl next door

Weapons and Inventory: Sylvaa still has her M9 and can shoot like a pro, but as she doesn't spend time on the field it's not a priority

Background: Sylvaa spent most of her life as an analyst in front of a computer screen. She spiked the interest of the Division when she accidentally backed into some classified information. It suited their needs to keep her alive and bring her on board to keep tabs on the world.

HAHA, so you're not gonna be in Florida??

This is perfect, Sylvaa!! Thanks for going above and beyond and creating an actual profile, this is gonna work out nicely! I love how she was a hacker picked up by the Division. Very cool stuff!

Wolf

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Level said:

Seems like I need to visit this place! Big Bend would be fun to visit as well. Especially after rucking Enchanted Rock. I'm ready for some more times like that!

1 hour ago, Terra said:

WOOT WOOT! Terra's gonna come party with her superpowered badass self! Prime!

1 hour ago, Atrytone said:

You guys should make this an annual thing so I can come some time (when I have money and a passport). 

We would love to make this an annual thing! That is the long term goal, anyways :). We will see you one day soon, Atrytone!

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

Oooh that observatory looks awesome!! I think that definitely puts a tick in the pros column for driving.

Dudeeee now I want steak.

Hahah, yeahhhhhh NJ's got such a bad rap.  And I get it for north east jersey.  But the rest of it's so lovely! It's called the Garden State for a reason :D  But, I'm not even originally from NJ I'm from NY so I catch myself making fun of my fellow state mates quite frequently hahah. 

Borderlands is the best!

Hmmm that initially looked really out of the way but now that I mapped it out it actually only would add like an hour and that park looks AMAZING.  Outdoorsy things are basically the reason I travel so that's perfect.  Another tick in the pros to driving column...

Oooooh! We would be in the Mesa Verde (not really NM but it's where we're starting), Bandelier National Park, and White Sands areas.  It would be so cool to see you too! And in the October party :D

I've seen some beautiful pics of the "Garden" side of NJ and it does look wonderful. I want to visit up that way soon! Speaking of Borderlands-have you seen the new stuff for Battleborn? I think its from the same people that created Borderlands, but it looks really fun! The free beta is coming out...next week I think.

And party we shall! Man....so much hype for Camp Rangerfitness 2016!!!! It's kind of a bittersweet thing for me after getting the Camp NF 2016 email to sign up today. I want to go so bad...and I might be able to, somehow someway, make it, but it's unlikely this year. But crazier things have happened and I'm not counting myself out just yet.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I work at home and I can't keep up with this thread.

Online-Bully_1.jpg

Hype train is pulling into Crazy Town.

54 minutes ago, Aquamom said:

I don't work at home and I can't keep up with this thread!!  

BTW - That steak has made me so hungry. . .. 

I'm in the same boat, ladies! I can't keep up with my own thread! Though, the hype train is pulling in every so swiftly and we have ginormous steaks aboard with cocktails and 80's music :)

Damn...what a day! I'm about to leave work and head to this interview. Its a sales job at Target Optics. Heather's friend works there as a manager and they are looking for some help so I thought I would see what it's about. I'll be hitting up Mr. Daniel next week for that other job offer. I'm excited to get more details regarding that! I'm ready for a change of scenery and I know some good things are coming my way! My shoulder also feels pretty good. I'll try and work some primal movement in and maybe even go climb a tree or two :) 

Wolf

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

WOOT WOOT! Terra's gonna come party with her superpowered badass self! Prime!

We would love to make this an annual thing! That is the long term goal, anyways :). We will see you one day soon, Atrytone!

And party we shall! Man....so much hype for Camp Rangerfitness 2016!!!! It's kind of a bittersweet thing for me after getting the Camp NF 2016 email to sign up today. I want to go so bad...and I might be able to, somehow someway, make it, but it's unlikely this year. But crazier things have happened and I'm not counting myself out just yet.

I'm in the same boat, ladies! I can't keep up with my own thread! Though, the hype train is pulling in every so swiftly and we have ginormous steaks aboard with cocktails and 80's music :)

Damn...what a day! I'm about to leave work and head to this interview. Its a sales job at Target Optics. Heather's friend works there as a manager and they are looking for some help so I thought I would see what it's about. I'll be hitting up Mr. Daniel next week for that other job offer. I'm excited to get more details regarding that! I'm ready for a change of scenery and I know some good things are coming my way! My shoulder also feels pretty good. I'll try and work some primal movement in and maybe even go climb a tree or two :) 

Wolf

Party in Texas is doable and I just love you guys...  The photos, videos and stories...  So much fun!!!

I was feeling bittersweet about Camp NF too.  I think I need to pay for new ligaments first...  :witless:

Your thread is CRAZY!!!  Good luck with the interview today and call Mr. Daniel soon!!!  And then climb a tree for me, OK?  

• Like 4

Waitnow... 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So, if it happens the same week, then it will be the same week as this bit of awesomeness on my schedule.

Just sayin'.

*goes back into lurk mode because I don't grok video games*

• Like 6