Schaengel: How I met my better self

Schaengel

Day 6 (Wednesday)

Pretty relaxed day. Slept in because I earned that. Than spend the day reading, cleaning, trying on and throwing out more clothes, realizing how many t-shirts I want to keep but will have to work on :o . Also was waiting for a clothing box that didn't came :/ (There is this service here in Germany that offers to put outfits together and send them to you and everything you like you pay for and the rest you send back. Since I feel like I don't have a real grasp of fashion YET and don'tn like to spend to much time shopping I hope the service holds up ;) )

Did push-ups (mini!!!) yoga and meditation midday and went running in the evening. Goal was 90minutes and I hit that quite easy even though I had to put a sprint in at the start (catching up with the group, because late, because hell of traffic) and did some rounds around the "Kaiserin Augusta memorial" and a extra round at the "German corner" because I was faster than the rest (even though I tried to slow myself down as much as possible) in the end awesome run.

Also:

- Did NOT eat like an a**hole

- spend an hour watching this and liked to do nerd stuff again (also I want to play pen and paper now...)

- started playing Final Fantasy 6 because of guild challenge and ixaeras thread

Quest 1: “And I will walk 500miles Part 1”

13,6km in 90min total. ~6,32min/km (the plan I have aims for a finishing time that's around that average so a good sign that I managed to do the average without destroying myself.

Quest 2: “Eating a Sandwich Part

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 6 (why did it had to be yoga for the abs...did abs-training yesterday...so...much...pain...)

Quest 3: “Eating a Sandwich Part 2”

Did a 10 minutes of calm meditation after yoga.

Quest 4: “Suit up”

Even though not leaving the house YES

Bonus Quests: Forgot I had to prepare meals but cooked to much anyway so I have enough to take with me tomorrow.

• Like 4

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

It looks like things are cruising along pretty well. I wish we had a service for clothes like you described. Our nearest city that has clothing stores is about an hour drive or more away. Getting the guys in my house enthused enough to go clothes shopping is quite a chore. My hubby is 6' 8". He's tall and thin which makes finding clothes (especially pants) an undertaking.

By the time you are done with Adriene's yoga you'll have a stronger core and better posture which will definitely help your running aspirations. ;)

• Like 1

Druid - Assassin - Adventurer Level 18

Challenges: [Current
[18} [17] [16] [15] [14] [13] [12] [11] [10] [9] [8] [7] [6] [5] [4] [3] [ 2 ] [ 1 ]

Day 7 (Thursday)

Just a quick update because it is late already and I want to read some more J.K. Rowling - Casual Vacancy before sleept-time. So I'm gonna do the day in bullet points:

- very productive day, vacuumed living room, kitchen and two more rooms and pressure cleaned the terrace

- bought some new sport/running clothes yeah

- the clothes I ordered arrived today, gonna test them tomorrow. Let's see if I like the combinations they picked for me (also pictures incoming)

- had a meeting for the festival I'm organizing (something more that I will cross of my bucket list this year I hope :) )

No running today, but some other training + push ups for the mini

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 7

Jepp

Bonus Quests: Eat okay, was doing grate till the last meeting then eat some (too many cookies there) overall still okay.

• Like 4

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Another Quick update because going to go to a concert ( Pentagram ) in an hour and still so many things to do.

Day 8 (Thursday)

Day was okay even though I could have done more but I wasn't that lazy that I have to feel bad ;)

Tried the clothes, thinking about keeping 2-3 things but since it's all high-price stuff I will have to sleep on that (pictures later or tomorrow depending on when I come home

Plan said to run for 60 minutes...so I did. 8,86km average of 6,47min/km

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 8

Did a 10 minutes of calm meditation after yoga. Started yesterday with listening to the 7 days of calm again to relearn the meditation basics

Yes, already looking good for the concert :)

Bonus Quests: Eat okay, planed the meals for Saturday-Monday

• Like 5

Since I'm already in day 8 (started early) here is:

Week 1 result:

Quest 1: “And I will walk 500miles Part 1” 4 from 3 = A+

I planed to go jogging at least 3 times per week. Ended doing 4 runs for a total of 28,8km so. A+ for the week ;)

+ read a lot about running long distance while eating low carb

Quest 2: “Eating a Sandwich Part 7 from 7 = A

Did Yoga with Adriene every day

Quest 3: “Eating a Sandwich Part 2” 7 from 7 = A

Meditated every day. Connected meditation to yoga and that works really well

Quest 4: “Suit up” 7 from 7 = A

Looked good and groomed every day.

+bought a new business outfit that I like to wear

+finished first round of closet decluttering

Bonus Quests: Eat better Bonus Quest Active

• Like 5

Day 9 (Saturday)

Went to the football game which was nice. The rest of the day was quite productive too but not on the writing or reading NF parts XD

No run needed. No run done

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 9

Did a 10 minutes of calm meditation in the car. Not ideal but done

Yes

Bonus Quests: Eat okay but it was a close call

Day 10 (Sunday)

First real sunny day. So barbecue! Managed to eat okay and have a quite productive day. Nothing out of the ordinary though

11km done today in an okay time. The time when the sun will burn on me running is approaching fast and I'm already hating that.

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 10

Yes but wasn't out long except for running

Bonus Quests: Eat okay. Tried baking a low carb cheesecake that is okay but needs more taste to it (so more vanilla and more citrus next time)

Also awesome fact I can wear shirts in size m now, when I started reading Nerd Fitness and turning my eating around i was between XXL and XL depending on what brand. So awesome :D

And like promised the pictures of the outfits I tried :) (bad quality though)

outfit%20try.jpg

• Like 6

Day 11 (Monday)

A mixed day today. Had a rough start in the day because my bed was to cozy and I didn't wanted to leave it. The rest of the day was okay. Went to the "pub crawl" for our new students in the evening but left when people began to get drunk (because I only like drunk people when I drink myself...and I seldom drink these days).

Did some planks for the mini and decided to try to work on an L-Sit because I like some extra challenges sometimes ;)

Also began mapping out the next challenge already because I had some goals that I need to get working on. Also thinking about trying a PVP next week (like in the current challenges of @therealkat and Rurik in the ranger-forest) would there be people here that would try that with me? :)

No run done but planed the run for wednesday

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 11

Did a 10 minutes meditation. Tried focused meditation because of the challenge and will continue that for next week.

Yes

Bonus Quests: Eat like a real a**hole (boo, boo Wendy Testaburger indeed...)

BUT I maybe found out where the problem is. I think the allergy meds are f'in with my water balance and I havent looked after the water the last weeks so I will try to drink better the next days and maybe the hunger will go away

• Like 6

Also thinking about trying a PVP next week (like in the current challenges of @therealkat and Rurik in the ranger-forest) would there be people here that would try that with me? :)

I think a PVP would be fun! Seems like our common threads are yoga, bodyweight fitness, and weight loss: I'd be down to tackle something in one of these areas! 

• Like 1

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.

Day 12 (Tuesday)

Day start...overslept so because I didn't wanted to leave home without breakfast I skipped the first part of the lecture today. Arrived for the second part and regretted going instantly ("Personally I think that's a stupid system but you have to know that"). Thank god I had a student council meeting that gave me a reason to skip the last part of the lecture too (downside I write the exam in that lecture in 14days!!! Oh no better start soon).

Didn't go to training today because a local bank invited the student councils of the city to "batman vs. superman" with food and everything...and because student council work was an a** for the last 4month I felt like I totally earned that in my last month!

No run done

Did Yoga with Adriene Day 12 in the evening

Did a 7 minutes meditation. Tried focused meditation because of the challenge and will continue that for next week.

Yes

Bonus Quests: Didn't eat like an a**hole!! Even though it was a struggle I won today!! Also the water theory seems to be right but I will conduct some more research

• Like 4

I think a PVP would be fun! Seems like our common threads are yoga, bodyweight fitness, and weight loss: I'd be down to tackle something in one of these areas! 

I think I will try to prepare something in the next days...the theme of my next challenge is just screaming for pvps anyway :D do I hope you will join fight me next challenge ;)

I like how you organize your Challenge, keep up the good work bro

Thank you very much

I hear you on this. I get crazy thirsty when I have taken mine, and when they wear off the water "whooshes" (usually sometime really inconvenient like 3 am).

I don't have the "whooshing"part (thank god for that) but it's anoying anyway + it seems like mine aren't even working this year...will get another one tomorrow and if that doesn't works I'm going to go crazy!!

pr30893-640x640-b-p-313131.jpg

• Like 3

I think I will try to prepare something in the next days...the theme of my next challenge is just screaming for pvps anyway :D do I hope you will join fight me next challenge ;)

Can't wait to see what you come up with... I'll work on my fighting stance. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.

Respawn. | #1 | Current Challenge.