\m/ Being more awesome and rock the §$! out of it \m/

April 12:

Tracked, but had a hard time getting protein because I just wasn´t into chicken or milk-based stuff that day. And then some soda and candys at work...well, let´s make a hook at that day and forget it. No bass playing, did some cleaning stuff and ran all day at work, that counts for me!

April 13 so far:

Changed something regarding tracking today. I planned my meals for the whole day, looked out for enough protein and counted how many "sins" I can allow today. Will have a deficit of about 300cal if I stay strong today. Will have 4 days of from tomorrow on, that will fix everything else for sure.

Some other thoughts and adapting my goals to it:

Will start doing PSMF from tomorrow on for a time of about 2 weeks (Protein spared modified fasting; in short for those who don´t know that concept: I´ll take about 2g/kg lean Body mass as protein and the minimum of carbs and fat I´ll need, to create a big deficit. This will be combined with intermittent fasting. Sometimes I´ll do little refeeds for my psyche and hormone system). I will do 2 lifting sessions a week, maybe a 3rd if I feel alright and don´t get hit by the big deficit to hard. Minichallenge for adamantium abs will still be done (Need to build my NF character for it, I don´t like the new one because I can´t level them up without buying into the rebellion).

• Like 1

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Hell I´ve been lazy updating my challenge...

Let´s recap:

Tracking everything possible, doing quite some work- and apartement stuff without delay. I guess 1 day was short of protein, the rest was the perfect amount of Brotein I needed. Broke my new plateau and dropped under 85kg :) I love that PSMF!

Worked out today, but I hated it somehow. Maybe because I hate saturday mornings at the gym?

Let´s get to the important stuff beside workout and protein: playing bass an stuff!

giphy.gif

Had another candidate for our bands singer at the rehearsal. Hell this guy was aweful! Narcissistic, arrogant, incompetent, couldn´t look anybody in the eyes while talking. Strange dude...at least I had 30mins for some tech-lessons.

Next rehearsal we´ll have a "council session" about our search and how to improve.

Aaaaand some awesome news regarding bass playing:

A buddy of mine asked me if I´m interested in playing bass at his semiprofessional band!

giphy.gif

Let´s see where this will go :)

• Like 2

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Saturday and sunday have been pretty easy on protein and tracking. Played some bass in between, absolutely no clue how much I´ve been playing overall this week. Let´s add 30min for total 2hours this week and it should be fine. Sunday was absolutely lazy, I´ve done absolutely nothing except eating, sleeping and watching some tv. No points for that one.

Today I´ve been to the gym, didn´t seem to loose any strength though cutting. I just recognized my deadlift getting more exhausting.

Did some work stuff instant, but my plan for this day (and I already hate it): cleaning the kitchen right after work. God I hate it...

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Awesome about the bass update!!

Hope your kitchen is already sparkling [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

A kitchen without dishwasher (in person or machine) is my personal arch enemy...it´s still far from sparkling. Yesterday evening after work: Excuse nr1 = it´s already late (then get into bed and read till midnight...). Today I just didn´t stand up early enough, though I could have...meh. Well, I´ve got two days off now and there´ll be no excuses for me then! :D 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

One of those days...sigh.

Started with back pain and some strange hip feeling (I´m a "side-sleeper" and seem to have slept in a weird position overextending my right leg and hip somehow, right at my bitchy sciatic nerve...), countered bad start with some awesome tasty late breakfast and preparing my awesome spicy chicken for my dinner at work. Then work hit me like a train: whiny, exhausting patients, much stuff to do and co workers with a sh*tload of tasty brownies and stories of beautiful girls dating them. Yeah, I got it...enjoy your time, I´ll try to do so too...alone...

Well, let´s consider it a stress-compensate cheat day. I´m usually a positive thinking dude and I´m definitely not envy on people if they´re lucky, but sometimes those days get me. And then there are brownies and stuff. At least I had a freaking ton of protein today!

I´ve got two days off now (clean that freaking kitchen after gym dude!!!) and pretty much time for myself to re-energize. And I´will NOT use them for gaming and excuses!

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

sorry to hear about the stressful day - you're allowed to whine on here :)

what is it, 8:16PM there now? you cleaning the kitchen?! i swear it'll make you feel better. i was such a happy camper after i scrubbed my bathtub last night haha

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

sorry to hear about the stressful day - you're allowed to whine on here :)

what is it, 8:16PM there now? you cleaning the kitchen?! i swear it'll make you feel better. i was such a happy camper after i scrubbed my bathtub last night haha

I hate whining about such things, it´s just a downward spiral into bad habits and negative thinking. I don´t want that!

Yeah, it has been 8:16 PM the time you wrote and I just finished cleaning the kitchen, dishes  and so on...hell, about 2 hours of cleaning that make my iron grip hands soft wrinkly :D

I have to agree that I feel better now after it´s done, but I hate it everytime. Maybe I should change my challenge a bit?! Doing stuff instant is ok, but it allows me to avoid cleaning dishes and kitchen by doing some other stuff. And then my kitchen mess grows...

Sigh, let´s adapt to it:

Doing shit instant is now replaced by "Clean kitchen, dishes and other evil dirty stuff right after getting dirty"

Okay, I´ll take a look at my goals and progress so far. I lost track somehow on how good or bad stuff is going on.

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Speaking of protein! Just because I was happy to discover it here...

Skyr, man... It has a freaking ton of it...

And whine all you want!

Good job on cleaning all the stuff!

Thx, especially for the advice on the protein front (no, I´ll not whine :D)

As long as you´re in germany: look out for Magerquark and körniger Frischkäse/Hüttenkäse

Lots of protein and quite tasty if you know how to prep it. Feel free to ask for recipes :)

Got 4 songs to learn for my bass audition. They told me I´ve got 2-3 weeks, but I want to learn them way faster and get the audition as soon as possible. One song is pretty fast and requires a technique I´m not really used to: playing with plektrum instead of fingers. The other 3 songs should be way easier, but I need to hear which notes are played, learn the backing vocals too. Something new out of my comfort zone, but I love it!

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

As long as you´re in germany: look out for Magerquark and körniger Frischkäse/Hüttenkäse

Lots of protein and quite tasty if you know how to prep it. Feel free to ask for recipes :)

you make these things at home?! i'm coming by your place in september and there best be fresh Magerquark or Frischkäse! ;)

Instagram | pinterest

you make these things at home?! i'm coming by your place in september and there best be fresh Magerquark or Frischkäse! ;)

No, they´re usual dairy products here in germany, but most "aliens" don´t know them. Which is a shame, because they´re pure protein bombs! :) 

Doesn´t mean you can´t visit me for Magerquark and Frischkäse in September :D

• Like 2

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

I'll leave you with a gif. It's not the greatest gif in the world. Just a tribute.

s4CqqQp.gif

Well played Sir!

Specifics in relation to special or to more facts? :D Well, I guess you´re about numbers. I´ll show you then *grabbing lift diary*

Squats 30kg, 3 Sets of 8 (quite low and not going up, because of bitchy sciatic nerve and hip issues; still need to recover)

Bench 40kg, 3 sets of 8 (improving quite good here, but as all lifts currently not adding weights because I want to see if I loose strength during my calorie deficit)

Row 20 kg 2 sets of 12, 30kg x 8 (need to improve technique here)

OHP 15kg 3 sets of 10,8,8 (not satisfied, shoulders is usually one of my best improving regarding weights and visual improvement)

DL 40kg, 3 sets of 8 (same as squats)

Chin Ups, 3x4 reps

Dips 3x8

Several knee raises, overall maybe 20

Today was the first day this challenge I didn´t track. Got fed by a patients mother during a visit at his home, it was some nice beef but most sugar and fat. I just can´t tell what I ate today, I´m just about sure I bombed my calorieintake high above my limits and didn´t reach my broteins today. Now I´ll get on track again (harhar, what a pun) and get to cutting again. Those adamantium abs want to be shown *puts glasses on*

Aaaaand it was a good idea to change my challenge to "clean kitchen now!", it´s shiny, way more fun to use and my apartement is still in pretty good shape.

What I hate the most at the moment is, that my right hip does what it wants. Some day my sciatic nerve on this side is bitching around, the last days my hip feels like dislocated at least a bit. I need to visit my osteopath, best yesterday...it sucks to be full of motivation and energy and getting trapped in place by a bitchy joint.

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Thx, especially for the advice on the protein front (no, I´ll not whine :D)

Got 4 songs to learn for my bass audition. They told me I´ve got 2-3 weeks, but I want to learn them way faster and get the audition as soon as possible. One song is pretty fast and requires a technique I´m not really used to: playing with plektrum instead of fingers. The other 3 songs should be way easier, but I need to hear which notes are played, learn the backing vocals too. Something new out of my comfort zone, but I love it!

I will definitely look out for them! I don't know what Magerquark is but I'm going to guess that the others are different kinds of cheese?

Once I find them and have a flat of my own I'll bother you again for the recipes! :) 

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Magerquark is more or less milk fermented, so it´s more or less pure Casein. Frischkäse is a cheese that doesn´t need to ripen as much as the regular cheese.

Ah and by the way: If you like real smelly cheese, look out for Harzer Roller. Smells  like somebodys feet during sommertime, but tons of protein again

• Like 1

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Magerquark looks similar to cheese curds and frischkäse looks similar to our cottage cheese!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Definitely not cheese curds. Cottage cheese IS Hüttenkäse (wasn´t sure if it´s known outside of middle europe)

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Magerquark is more or less milk fermented, so it´s more or less pure Casein. Frischkäse is a cheese that doesn´t need to ripen as much as the regular cheese.

Ah and by the way: If you like real smelly cheese, look out for Harzer Roller. Smells  like somebodys feet during sommertime, but tons of protein again

I like all kinds of (smelly) cheese except blue cheese! I'm going to look at the super market tomorrow!

Current challenge

Battle log

Wisconsin checking in for the conversation on cheese! :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I like all kinds of (smelly) cheese except blue cheese! I'm going to look at the super market tomorrow!

Wisconsin checking in for the conversation on cheese! :)

Bro tipp of the day:

Cut Harzer Roller in thinn slices and arrange them on a oven sheet. Add some salt, pepper and chili flakes and let them bake for about 10min (I preheated the oven for about 200°/390 Fahrenheit) - take them out when the cheese slices melted into eachother and a bubble beginns to grow in the middle. The cheese chips aren´t as crunchy as potato chips, but really tasty, well flavored and pure p/brotein! (Per 100g: 27g protein, 0,5 g fat, no carbs, 113 kcal!)

Update on the challenge:

Tracking is still no problem, protein sometimes. Yesterday was about 80% off my planned amount :/  But more than 3 out of 4 days I reach my protein Goals. :)

Played some bass again, overall maybe 4-5 hours the week. May the 4th will be my audition, isn´t that a perfect nerd date for getting challenged? I´m so excited for this, need to prepare more!!!

Lifting just wasn´t possible because of my sciatic nerve. Some days I could barely get out of my bed, yesterday I couldn´t take a seat for more than 5mins without feeling crippled when starting to walk again. Today is the first day in a while where I can walk and work without medicine, let´s see what´s possible at the gym.

Kitchen is still clean, though it could need some more love.

• Like 4

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Lifting just wasn´t possible because of my sciatic nerve. Some days I could barely get out of my bed, yesterday I couldn´t take a seat for more than 5mins without feeling crippled when starting to walk again. Today is the first day in a while where I can walk and work without medicine, let´s see what´s possible at the gym.

Have you had any physical therapy or treatment with the sciatic nerve? I think a bunch of us have had problems in this area and has come up recently. I'm trying to remember who all it was, but I think @Emerald_Dragonfly and maybe @elvenengineer?

I also have problems with the nerve and the SI joint in general. I personally find psoas stretches and glute specific exercises to help relieve tension on the nerve. But it depends on what is causing your sciatica. I also have to avoid certain exercises when I have an SI joint flare up like lunges, stairs and any lateral hops/jumps. And I have to avoid sitting with my legs crossed at all. 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Have you had any physical therapy or treatment with the sciatic nerve? I think a bunch of us have had problems in this area and has come up recently. I'm trying to remember who all it was, but I think @Emerald_Dragonfly and maybe @elvenengineer?

I also have problems with the nerve and the SI joint in general. I personally find psoas stretches and glute specific exercises to help relieve tension on the nerve. But it depends on what is causing your sciatica. I also have to avoid certain exercises when I have an SI joint flare up like lunges, stairs and any lateral hops/jumps. And I have to avoid sitting with my legs crossed at all. 

Long story short:

My teenager scoliosis is the reason I lift, so there are sometimes dysbalances though my scoliosis is WAY better now. I started physical therapy once (about 15 years ago) but all that guy did was bending some bones into the right direction without any longterm effects (mostly everything was dislocated again after 5-10 minutes). Sometimes I visit my osteopath if my back or sciatic nerve have to many issues, like they have at the moment.

I know there are excercises like decline bench I can´t do without pain, but most stuff can be done without any problems when done with good technique.

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Bro tipp of the day:

Cut Harzer Roller in thinn slices and arrange them on a oven sheet. Add some salt, pepper and chili flakes and let them bake for about 10min (I preheated the oven for about 200°/390 Fahrenheit) - take them out when the cheese slices melted into eachother and a bubble beginns to grow in the middle. The cheese chips aren´t as crunchy as potato chips, but really tasty, well flavored and pure p/brotein! (Per 100g: 27g protein, 0,5 g fat, no carbs, 113 kcal!)

I just googled Harzer Roller. Is it the same as Handkäse? If yes, I think I tried it in Frankfurt many many years ago but I don't remember how it tastes! (I should definitely fix that soon)

Current challenge

Battle log