Here We Go Again

ScarletFyre

Spoiler

I am healing from my seperated shoulder injury, and ready to try again!  MAYBE one of these days i'll get this!!  I have no idea what i did to get "spoiler" up here, so i am probably going to post this then try again ><

Main Goals:

1 - Walk at break at least 4 days per weekday

2 -  Do cardio at least 3 times per week and strength at least three times per week.

3- Create, get into, and stay in the habit of logging every meal, and by the end of this challenge I will be drinking 2 liters of water a day; I'm not sure that's quite enough, but if I make the goal TOO lofty I'll be setting myself up for defeat again.

• Like 1

Well, I am healing from my separated shoulder injury, and ready to try again!  I was cleared to start working out etc again on the 4th so what perfect timing!!!  MAYBE one of these days i'll get this!!  I am going a little lighter this time, to make sure I do not re-injure myself.  Just get a good routine going, mainly :)

Main Goals:

1 - Walk at break at least 4 days per weekday

2 -  Do cardio at least 3 times per week and strength at least three times per week.

3- Create, get into, and stay in the habit of logging every meal, and by the end of this challenge I will be drinking 2 liters of water a day; I'm not sure that's quite enough, but if I make the goal TOO lofty I'll be setting myself up for defeat again.

4 - I would like to try to lose about 5 lbs this month...I think i can lose more, but at least for now, I am keeping my goals modest.  I do NOT want to miss another couple months of working out!!

For the posts you don't want - edit and change the title to "Admin Please Delete Me" :)

And excellent realistic goals!

"Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

My Recipe Thread

1st dozen-ish Challenges for the curious 12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,More attempts, #1 with Intro, Failed attempts

Spoiler

Quick Bio: IT Consultant, Been in IT 25+ Years, Bounced around and landed as a traveling Consultant for a medium-sized Software Company. I love to cook & read, I travel for a living (although amount varies widely, sometimes I'm home for weeks, others I'm traveling for weeks on end), and trying to move out of Atlanta (plan in place, working to implement).

I guess that would be a good idea – haha.  I am planning to hit the gym in the AM’s, and for at least the next week just do cardio – i.e. treadmill, elliptical (without the arms part).  Then starting up the 4th I get to go back to zumba!!  Wahoo!  My typical routine for that is to go Monday and Wednesday after work.  I’ll do that for a week, then starting the week of the 11th I will attempt to return to Kickboxing.  These are all workout classes I had been taking,  but had to lay off because of the arm.  If I don’t progress (shoulder) as I feel I should, I will alter this to rest the arm. 

Since I wrote the post, I signed up for a barre demo and a hiphop workshop at the zumba studio where I go! J  Trying new things is always a fun way to workout!

I will keep walking at break – its good for me mentally plus of course the movement! J

• Like 1

I look forward to telling about them!  Your saying that makes me more determined to remember to log my challenge! :)

I got to the gym this AM!  My shoulder is a little sore, but not bad.  I am out of work for bereavement leave for the week, so its sort of easier to go, and sort of harder at the same time.  When my dad passed over the summer I went into a depression and gained 30 lbs...trying to do the opposite this time!  Use my workouts to distract from my sadness instead of allowing myself to fall farther behind!

• Like 1

How did you separate your shoulder?

Good looking goals, easy and manageable :)

Good luck xx

On 3/29/2016 at 4:48 PM, ScarletFyre said:

UGH...i posted this three times, because I hit something that caused "hidden content" and now I can't get rid of the this and the other extra post - sorry all!!!  THIS is the "real" post as I don't seem to have created "hidden content" this time.  

I will see if someone hasn't already deleted these extras and delete them for you :)

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Oh man, you're the third person I know if to separate their shoulder in 6 months. What is it with this injury right now? Good idea keeping it light this challenge. I'm crossing my fingers I get clearance to start running soon after spraining my ankle. D:

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

How's your challenge going?

I've merged your two threads because I see people have replied in both, so now it's all here in one place :)

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hi!  Sorry I have been MIA - as I was getting over the separated shoulder, and then on bereavement leave from work, I came down with Scarlet Fever - rather ironic considering my screen name!  haha.  (It has not been a fun month for me...lol) Anyway, I am no longer contagious, and the hives or whatever they are are starting to let up, so that is good!  I haven't been working out much because I have had no energy.

I am back to work and walking on my breaks, and hoping now that the antibiotics are finished that by the end of the week I might be able to actually get a real workout in!  

AND I think the shoulder is about mended too!  I might be whole again soon! :)

Thank you guys for asking and sorry, again, that I was MIA!

• Like 1

Hi!  Sorry I have been MIA - as I was getting over the separated shoulder, and then on bereavement leave from work, I came down with Scarlet Fever - rather ironic considering my screen name!  haha.  (It has not been a fun month for me...lol) Anyway, I am no longer contagious, and the hives or whatever they are are starting to let up, so that is good!  I haven't been working out much because I have had no energy.

I am back to work and walking on my breaks, and hoping now that the antibiotics are finished that by the end of the week I might be able to actually get a real workout in!  

AND I think the shoulder is about mended too!  I might be whole again soon! :)

Thank you guys for asking and sorry, again, that I was MIA!

Uh.

Excuse me...

980x.jpg

Did you just apologize for not working out while you had scarlet fever? While you were on bereavement leave? Nursing a shoulder injury? Do you think we are monsters? Those are individually all excellent reasons to take it easy. NF users are adept at recognizing a soup sandwich, and that is frankly one of the worst I've seen. Not quite first place, but I'd say it was definitely in the top three.

I am genuinely glad to see you back, and even happier that you're getting better. I think I speak for many users that you would have caught hell if you'd even thought about working out while you had scarlet motherloving fever.

Here is a happy gif to aid your recovery, grief, and antibiotics:

9bdd468fda451e7e057b02b05b44bead.gif

Take good cake care of yourself, and get going once your doc gives you a clean bill of health.

• Like 2

Although my main thought was apologies for not beingon the site...sick and not working out all I'd be doing was complaining ha ha.  Plus I have really fought with guit over my "break"...but you are right, this are pretty legit things! 

Thanks for the welcome back, and giving me some perspective which stops me from torturing myself fortaking it easy to heal. 

I tried a littke workout,  and tried a plank;  hardly any pain so yay forthe shoulder!   Now to make sure I'm ovet this infection and I'll be back at it when I'm healthy! :)

• Like 2

Oh man you got slammed. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that. :( But I'm glad it's on the upswing now! 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Blaidd- are you ready for this? Sleeping on it, I think. I have what the dr called hyper mobility in my shoulders (sounded way cooler when I used to say they popped out lol)

Evidently the tendons or ligaments are loose and my shoulder comes out just a little. I must have done that then slept on it all night that way, causing the separation. The good news is that the paper my doc gave me said there are degrees of separation. Mine was the mildest, so n as long as I m followed orders, no surgery. Unfortunately I has just bought a house...lol...and now culd b t move my boxes!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fleaball, I think that this month has been a good example of "when it rains, it pours"!

Thanks...I'm glad too...maybe it means I hit my quota for crap for the year now. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's a really great outlook and I'm going to steal it. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi