• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra’s Secret Identity is Barbara Gordon (for the next two of months!)

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Can't tell if you were joking or not, but no, I wanted the "I have fabulous purple hair" pic :)

Totally teasing ya!!!  No one wants to see my white hair roots, especially not me.  

 

I've got great photos of the hair with red in it but not the purple.  The purple is more subtle than red, so like this but purple...  

10897940_10207458543887640_7933144311091

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely hair, and I'm so glad your BJJ instructor is being so clear with you! ACL issues are hard to overcome from a mental perspective too, so the fact that you're showing up and participating as much as you are able is HUGE.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I echo@connally7 you're doing the exact right amount of awesome . I've seen a few guys with injuries still turn up to training and make it worse so well done for being there and for being there not overdoing it.

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGH - feeling yucky so I stayed home from work.  Now I get to work on my friday off.  Boo!  Still feeling yucky but I'm able to keep some food down (banana, plantain chips and tea)  Slept a lot this morning and read some.  this afternoon I decided it was hight time to get on Minecraft (my brother gifted us with accounts for christmas.)  And now I can build stuff on our private family server...  Might be good entertainment for recovery.  I'm exploring now and learning how to do stuff...

 

So no exercise for me either.  The knee got a little stiff from sleeping in the brace.  I've iced it a bit this afternoon and its feeling better.  I'll at least jump on the bike and pedal for 15 minutes tonight...  And those PT exercises should be OK to get done.  

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woohoo, I finally caught up with you this challenge. You are so fecking awesome it is not funny. I am so proud to be a part of your NF support group and glad to know you via this technology.

Have you thought about lowering your activity level on MFP to gain an idea of the appropriate level of food intake?

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm back to work today and feeling better.  I wouldn't say 100% but well enough to be here and not infect anyone else!!! 

 

Sleep is starting to become problematic.  The last two nights it was a yucky tummy, but the knee is starting to just ache in general.  Last night I got up and went to the couch so I didn't bother my hubby.  It is likely something that I need to get used to as post surgery sleeping will be challenging!  I'm tryingto power through the knee ache knowing that I need to keep it moving but the muscle atrophy is causing it to become weaker... :apologetic:

 

Food was light yesterday and I avoided eggs for breakfast today.  I had sweet potato instead.  Sweets in the morning are just wierd to me and yes sweet potatoes are really sweet to me!  

 

No PT exercises for the last two days...  UGH I have got to do them tonight!!! 

 

I'm starting to stress about all the things I need to get done before surgery...  The list of everything I need to do was running through my head last night (yet another sleep disruptor!) so I need to focus on getting stuff accomplished.  Thus I gotta get off of the NF boards now!!!  

 

Today I'm grateful for co-workers who will be covering for me while I am out of work, a boss that is supportive of taking time to heal and the gorgeous spring weather we are having!!!    Another thing I like about myself is...   my management style.  I like to think that I am giving the folks who work on my projects the tools they need to get the job done, a supportive environment and recognition for a job well done.  (I had a hard time with this one today...) 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see I'm not the only one who took my time to catch up with your challenge, Terra.

 

Sounds like you need to hammer out a pre-surgery To-Do list and stick to it.  If nothing else, getting everything written down might help alleviate your stress!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found you!

 

You have an awesome positive attitude and your theme fits perfectly. Punch some ass!

 

(instead of 'kick' cause of the surgery, get it?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terra said:

I'm back to work today and feeling better.  I wouldn't say 100% but well enough to be here and not infect anyone else!!! 

 

Sleep is starting to become problematic.  The last two nights it was a yucky tummy, but the knee is starting to just ache in general.  Last night I got up and went to the couch so I didn't bother my hubby.  It is likely something that I need to get used to as post surgery sleeping will be challenging!  I'm tryingto power through the knee ache knowing that I need to keep it moving but the muscle atrophy is causing it to become weaker... :apologetic:

 

Food was light yesterday and I avoided eggs for breakfast today.  I had sweet potato instead.  Sweets in the morning are just wierd to me and yes sweet potatoes are really sweet to me!  

 

No PT exercises for the last two days...  UGH I have got to do them tonight!!! 

 

I'm starting to stress about all the things I need to get done before surgery...  The list of everything I need to do was running through my head last night (yet another sleep disruptor!) so I need to focus on getting stuff accomplished.  Thus I gotta get off of the NF boards now!!!  

 

Today I'm grateful for co-workers who will be covering for me while I am out of work, a boss that is supportive of taking time to heal and the gorgeous spring weather we are having!!!    Another thing I like about myself is...   my management style.  I like to think that I am giving the folks who work on my projects the tools they need to get the job done, a supportive environment and recognition for a job well done.  (I had a hard time with this one today...) 

You are smart, driven, and inspiring. Take it a piece at a time and hold onto your amazing positive attitude and know we here on the NF boards are rooting for you. <3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are smart, driven, and inspiring. Take it a piece at a time and hold onto your amazing positive attitude and know we here on the NF boards are rooting for you.

What Doll said, we think you are awesome. It is why we come back and read your challenges again and again.

I also agree with Rurik, write out your pre surgery to do list. It will help calm your mind at least.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Terra said:

Today I'm grateful for co-workers who will be covering for me while I am out of work, a boss that is supportive of taking time to heal and the gorgeous spring weather we are having!!!    Another thing I like about myself is...   my management style.  I like to think that I am giving the folks who work on my projects the tools they need to get the job done, a supportive environment and recognition for a job well done.  (I had a hard time with this one today...) 

Hooray for an amazing, supportive work environment!! :D Good managers are difficult to find.

Keep being awesome!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got so messed up this afternoon. I finally had to stop, take a deep breath and make that list. I'm working on my home list right now and it has three components: before surgery, during recovery and before summer vacation. I have a half made list at work that will be fleshed out tomorrow morning. I'll totally admit to eating a bowl of ice cream in a moment of overwhelming stress and a few tears were shed.

I really wish that my hubby was a little more positive right now. He is 'nagging' right now because he thinks I will forget important things. If he could be a little more positive that would help a lot, but he doesn't really know how. He is stressing about all of this in his own way...

4d20a0119a61e717035fab9453584d86.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very stressful time but I think you're doing amazing. You really seem to have everything together despite your injury. I'm really grateful that I found you and your challenges. You're definitely an inspiring, awesome, complete and total badass and I'm glad to have met you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Atrytone said:

This is a very stressful time but I think you're doing amazing. You really seem to have everything together despite your injury. I'm really grateful that I found you and your challenges. You're definitely an inspiring, awesome, complete and total badass and I'm glad to have met you.

This

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We.had so many 'before the baby comes' things on our to do. List. Now.shes here though - and half of them didn't get done, it's still ok.

Writing Lists are great for alleviating stress, but now you have the list don't let it create more pressure . You've got this.

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ What he said. You got this, and don't be too hard on yourself if certain things don't get done. The priority is you and your recovery at that point. *HUGS* YOU ARE AWESOME!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry that your husband is being a bit negative and stressful right now.  Really, lists are great, but I'd be careful with loading yourself up with too many things right now.  Or at least, you might need to separate the list into things that need to be done, and things you'd just like to manage to get done.  Impending knee surgery is already really stressful and overwhelming.  The last thing you should be doing is making yourself even more stressed out.  

 

For the first week after surgery, there should be nothing at all on your list, other than reading or netflix and your post-op physical therapy.  

 

There's also one more list for you to consider making:  The chore delegation list.  Realistically, you're not going to be able to keep up with any domestic rangering for awhile.  So, you'll have to figure out which chores your husband is going to have to handle, which ones the kids can do, and which things you're just going to let slide for a month.  

 

You'll get through this!  Just hang in there!  I actually felt like the period of time between when I scheduled the surgery and when the surgery actually happened was the hardest part in the whole process.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who took my time to catch up with your challenge, Terra.

 

Sounds like you need to hammer out a pre-surgery To-Do list and stick to it.  If nothing else, getting everything written down might help alleviate your stress!

 

19 hours ago, IamDoll said:

You are smart, driven, and inspiring. Take it a piece at a time and hold onto your amazing positive attitude and know we here on the NF boards are rooting for you. <3

 

18 hours ago, Thom Ulfhedinn said:

What Doll said, we think you are awesome. It is why we come back and read your challenges again and again.

I also agree with Rurik, write out your pre surgery to do list. It will help calm your mind at least.

 

16 hours ago, connally7 said:

Hooray for an amazing, supportive work environment!! :D Good managers are difficult to find.

Keep being awesome!

 

15 hours ago, Atrytone said:

This is a very stressful time but I think you're doing amazing. You really seem to have everything together despite your injury. I'm really grateful that I found you and your challenges. You're definitely an inspiring, awesome, complete and total badass and I'm glad to have met you.

 

9 hours ago, skinNbones said:

We.had so many 'before the baby comes' things on our to do. List. Now.shes here though - and half of them didn't get done, it's still ok.

Writing Lists are great for alleviating stress, but now you have the list don't let it create more pressure . You've got this.

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

 

2 hours ago, SkiBlue said:

^^^ What he said. You got this, and don't be too hard on yourself if certain things don't get done. The priority is you and your recovery at that point. *HUGS* YOU ARE AWESOME!

 

THANK YOU to everyone for the positive thoughts and support!!  It means so much to see all of this^^

 

 

2 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm sorry that your husband is being a bit negative and stressful right now.  Really, lists are great, but I'd be careful with loading yourself up with too many things right now.  Or at least, you might need to separate the list into things that need to be done, and things you'd just like to manage to get done.  Impending knee surgery is already really stressful and overwhelming.  The last thing you should be doing is making yourself even more stressed out.  

 

For the first week after surgery, there should be nothing at all on your list, other than reading or netflix and your post-op physical therapy.  

 

There's also one more list for you to consider making:  The chore delegation list.  Realistically, you're not going to be able to keep up with any domestic rangering for awhile.  So, you'll have to figure out which chores your husband is going to have to handle, which ones the kids can do, and which things you're just going to let slide for a month.  

 

You'll get through this!  Just hang in there!  I actually felt like the period of time between when I scheduled the surgery and when the surgery actually happened was the hardest part in the whole process.  

 

I agree that I need to identify the need to do versus like to do things on my list...  And a delegations chore list is brilliant!!!  I'll talk with the hubby about that one and make it this weekend!  

 

I'm pretty sure that they first two weeks after surgery will be nothing on my list but reading/tv shows/and the such.  I'm not allowed to do any PT till after two weeks (gotta love the additional restrictions for the LCL!) But I wanted to write down the stuff I have to do so when I get bored/stir-crazy I have a list of things to do written down!!!  I think the only house chore I have written down is folding laundry and I may have my girls help with that too!    

 

I'm glad to hear that this was the hardest part for you, the waiting is killing me!!!  I just want to get the surgery over and done with so I can start moving forward in the recovery process.  This treading water stuff sucks!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nymeria said:

I'm sorry that your husband is being a bit negative and stressful right now.  Really, lists are great, but I'd be careful with loading yourself up with too many things right now.  Or at least, you might need to separate the list into things that need to be done, and things you'd just like to manage to get done.  Impending knee surgery is already really stressful and overwhelming.  The last thing you should be doing is making yourself even more stressed out.  

 

For the first week after surgery, there should be nothing at all on your list, other than reading or netflix and your post-op physical therapy.  

 

There's also one more list for you to consider making:  The chore delegation list.  Realistically, you're not going to be able to keep up with any domestic rangering for awhile.  So, you'll have to figure out which chores your husband is going to have to handle, which ones the kids can do, and which things you're just going to let slide for a month.  

 

You'll get through this!  Just hang in there!  I actually felt like the period of time between when I scheduled the surgery and when the surgery actually happened was the hardest part in the whole process.  

 

So much this ^  Totally agree about nothing at all and delegating.

 

Might I go so far as to suggest 3 separate lists...  Need, Want, Like.  I have a love/hate relationship with lists.  They can be so helpful, but also so overwhelming.  Some things I've found helpful... I find that being really honest about importance of the things on my list can help make things less overwhelming and really set my priorities and intentions, hence the Need/Want/Like.  (might I recommend "Heal" at the top of the Need list ;) ).  Be careful about adding things to a list when you are likely to do them naturally.  They make the list seem more overwhelming and you don't really need the reminder.

 

Hugs.  I think it's great that you can step back enough to know that the husband is dealing with the same stress in a different way.  I really wish I was better at putting myself in others' shoes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on my work TODO list this am.  BJJ and conditioning class is in a couple of hours.  Tonight we watch StarWars!  Food this morning was weird but healthy.  It was a dish of leftover burger for breakfast, I was in a rush and didn't have time to cook anything.  It makes me want to do some serious paleo baking so I have easy to grab breakfasts for my first few weeks of recovery...  I'm sure my family will appreciate not having to cook me eggs and bacon every morning!  I'll plan on baking Sunday afternoon!!!  Cranberry orange muffins, blueberry lemon muffins and some waffles are likely on the menu!  Maybe even a paleo bread for toast...  

 

I'm doing my best to keep my spirits high and just kick some ass for the next 10 days...  

 

5061216_batgirl-springs-into-action-in-b

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Might I go so far as to suggest 3 separate lists...  Need, Want, Like.  I have a love/hate relationship with lists.  They can be so helpful, but also so overwhelming.  Some things I've found helpful... I find that being really honest about importance of the things on my list can help make things less overwhelming and really set my priorities and intentions, hence the Need/Want/Like.  (might I recommend "Heal" at the top of the Need list ;) ).  Be careful about adding things to a list when you are likely to do them naturally.  They make the list seem more overwhelming and you don't really need the reminder.

 

Hugs.  I think it's great that you can step back enough to know that the husband is dealing with the same stress in a different way.  I really wish I was better at putting myself in others' shoes.

Good suggestions - Three lists!  And Yes they can get overwhelming but I know I think "Hey, I should/need to do something" and then 5 minutes later that thought is gone.  I'm a firm believer that lists can help when life gets busy.  We can only hold 5-8 main thoughts in our heads at one time and once it gets to crowded ideas/thought/tasks get lost.  Right now I'm loosing things I need to remember...  

 

My hubby is a unique beast and it has taken me years to figure him out. I can always take a step back from the crazy and remember that he acts the way he does because it is how he shows his love, by taking care of things.  He isn't always good with the emotions!  Love him anyway!!!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.