• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra’s Secret Identity is Barbara Gordon (for the next two of months!)

OOPS - I forgot my gratitude for today!

Today I am grateful for rain, blue skies and smiles.  

One thing I really like about myself is my eyes.  They are an unusual color and very pretty.  

• Like 4

Hugs to you, and more reminders of your awesomeness.

It is hard for husbands dealing with their wife's pain. It hurts to see your loved one hurting, knowing that you can not prevent it or take the pain away. Men are conditioned to fix things by society and we get frustrated when we can't (and get feelings of not being a 'real' man because we can't fix everything). Then there is the worry about bring able to effectively do the additional stuff that you partner is not able to do. The fear that you are incompetent at doing your wife's general household tasks. Add that generally men have no idea how to express all these thoughts and emotions in an effective manner, and you get men acting as temperamental children rather than focussed and responsible men. Which adds another thing for men to stress and worry about.

I am glad you can recognise, acknowledge and accept your husbands behaviours for what they are.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 6

One trick I use (works best for daily lists)....I write out a list and make it as long as I want. Everything I can think of. Then I circle three things to worry about now. I'll work one those things and am usually able to put everything else out of my mind. I'll either make sure to pick one thing I want to do, or at least reward myself with a break after finishing the tasks.

• Like 2

OOPS - I forgot my gratitude for today!

Today I am grateful for rain, blue skies and smiles.  

One thing I really like about myself is my eyes.  They are an unusual color and very pretty.  

I love that you're making this a focus! ^_^

I have a little spot in my planner that's titled "Good Things That Have Happened" and I'll jot down some stuff throughout the week. Focusing on the positive really helps put everything in a better light. You've totally inspired me to start looking for something to write down for every day, because making that a part of your daily attitude is so awesome. Yeah, you!! You're gonna crush this challenge! :D

tumblr_m15hykfcUj1qdjghvo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Hi Terra- You are really doing great with all this. Do you practice meditation? I can't help but think that in the real stressful times that some meditation may do some good.

• Like 2

You guys are making me blush!!! There is always things to be grateful. And I just love the Dumbledore gif!!!

Watched BJJ today but I also did my PT exercises while I watched. It was a good class. Then lots of shopping in ABQ. And now we are chilling in a hotel near the airport. My hubby leaves at some ungodly early hour in the morning. Me and the girls will enjoy the complimentary breakfast before resuming my quest to find coconut milk yogurt without rice starch in it...

Today I'm grateful for hotel complimentary breakfasts, hotels suites and my fun classic cartoons leggings.

7b280aed75875ade142dfb33a1604d13.jpg

I get compliments on these every time I wear them!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Hugs to you, and more reminders of your awesomeness.

It is hard for husbands dealing with their wife's pain. It hurts to see your loved one hurting, knowing that you can not prevent it or take the pain away. Men are conditioned to fix things by society and we get frustrated when we can't (and get feelings of not being a 'real' man because we can't fix everything). Then there is the worry about bring able to effectively do the additional stuff that you partner is not able to do. The fear that you are incompetent at doing your wife's general household tasks. Add that generally men have no idea how to express all these thoughts and emotions in an effective manner, and you get men acting as temperamental children rather than focussed and responsible men. Which adds another thing for men to stress and worry about.

I am glad you can recognise, acknowledge and accept your husbands behaviours for what they are.

Wish I could like this more than once. Thom gets it.

• Like 4

Just wanted to drop in and let you know I'm still following along :) I really like your plan for pre-made breakfast options, that will make mornings so much easier down the road.

• Like 1

Wish I could like this more than once. Thom gets it.

Strangely enough, I struggle to articulate this to my Rebbecca, although I described it perfectly here. It is easier for me to write such things than speak them. Emotions, particularly overwhelming ones, leave me tongue-tied and unable to speak clearly and concisely. Writing allows me to clearly and carefully choose and craft my words. Something that rarely occurs in regular conversations.

• Like 6

^^^This is why I've resorted to writing my wife letters a few times in the past. Even though we've never lived apart.

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

• Like 1

Yeah I do sometimes as well. Or texting on the phone, which is handy when you can't hear yourself think, because six kids are noisy even when playing nice.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 2

Week 2 = 7 days till surgery!  

Thanks!  I love my crazy leggings.  I typically wear the solid colored (mostly black) leggings to work so I don't scare my co-workers.  But I love pulling the crazy ones out for the weekends!  I have the classic comics, batman comics and two pair of armor/robot leggings.  And to be honest I would wear the crazy loud leggings more if I didn't work in such a conservative environment.  I've had to stop looking for new leggings because I highly suspect that I won't be able to wear them for for a few weeks post surgery!!!  

I have a food dilemma..  I have had to stop taking my probiotic (doctors orders pre surgery) and would like to add in some coconut yogurt to my diet.  This has proven to be problematic.  All the coconut yogurts I can find have rice starch in them.  So I am trying to figure the lesser of the evils...  the grains in the coconut yogurt or a good quality cows milk yogurt...  Or since its just 7 days till surgery I might alternate between the two with the hope that I can minimize the amount of both that I eat?!?!?!  UGH!  

No precooking was done yesterday.  I got convinced to take my girls to the mall (the nearest decent mall is in ABQ a 2 hour drive from home!!!) and they actually shopped!  We didn't make it home till almost dinner time and I was dead tired from walking all over the mall, a trip through Trader Joe's and then the drive home!!!  So a quiet night... 

I did this last week and it helped so I'm doing it again!

My plan for week 2:

1. Attend BJJ class MWF and Sat.  Attend conditioning class MWF.  Physical therapy movements incorporated into the classes as much as I can and then all PT work done on non-class days.  I must keep myself as strong as I possible pre-surgery!
  2. Keep eating paleo with more veggies and a focus on water (not coffee!) this week.  I will alternate cows milk yogurt with coconut milk yogurt as my dessert!   Water - I need to drink more water so instead of another coffee at work I'll try to drink one 24 ounce bottle every day while I'm in the office.  (I know I drink too much coffee at work!!) Track in MFP!!!
  3. I got the table and my sewing machine upstairs. So this week we (me and Mickey) plan is to set up the sewing table on the main floor so we can get sewing!  I'm making small purses for a gift exchange and I only have 63 days left to finish them all!!!  
  4. I'll continue my positive/gratitude statements!!!
  5. One additional thing this week: I will not get sucked into a book or watching videos at night after my kiddos go to bed.  With my hubby gone till Thursday I need to be diligent about getting myself to bed at a decent time of the night.  I'll aim for a 10:30 bed time!  

And Its time to get some work done!!!  I think i'm part of Wild Wolf's challenge this week so lots to do...

Today I'm grateful for:

• The new cleaning lady who isn't allergic to the cat!
  • Making my girls laugh all of yesterday by talking to them in a hilarious way.  They are here-by known as Eldest Spawn and Youngest Spawn.  And yelling "Come hither SPAWN's of mine!!!" is effective at getting their attention ;-)
  • One more week of waiting...  Then I can start the healing process!!!  
  • Like 7

When I use a probiotic I use Coco Kefir, I believe it's simply fermented coconut and coconut water.  Coco Kefir. We get it at the local food coop.

I looked for the Kefir in all the stores I've visited.  No luck.  :blue:

That's a great plan for the week!

Also, I found a recipe for coconut yogurt if you're up for it that is basically everything-free haha.

Coconut meat would be hard to find here locally.  But that does look totally awesome!  Thanks  ;)

WAHOO for the Furies!!!  Today we start the fun with @Wild Wolf as part of his Team Furry this week.  Tonight's challenge is squatting for 5 minutes.  I'll definitely have to be careful but I can squat.  I'll do half of it is a chair squat and half in a wide leg squat.  I'm really careful when I do squats and i'm near enough to grab onto something to maintain my balance, if needed, so I can keep the knee VERY stable.  I'm gonna also do some team Alpha stuff too, so army crawls (I do them at BJJ with my injured knee just dragging behind me, so one legged) and I'll do 15 minutes extra on my bike (because I won't get to it till later tonight and I have to stay home with the kidletts!)  It will just be an extension of my PT exercises.   

6 days till surgery...  

OK, so lots going on here.  Last night's classes were good.  As usual I couldn't do much during BJJ but I did the conditioning class.  We did lots of dips and pushups and abs...  needless to say I have some sore muscles today.  I also made a food mistake!!!  The horror!  I decided to get a small dish of coconut milk ice cream last night and when I was don'e I looked at the container and saw "grass-fed" on it.  OOPS it wasn't coconut milk, but regular milk.  This is my typical brand of coconut milk ice cream and I didn't know they made any cow's milk stuff.  Bummer.  At least it was quality dairy.  (I have to say Bourbon Infused Vanilla ice cream was delish!!!) 

Today I am grateful for: 

• how much movement and exercise that my body is able to still do.  I know of other people with similar injuries who can't do nearly as much as I can...  
  • the sheer number of exercise ideas/programs out there that I can find when googling paraplegic exercises...  I stumbled on the phrase on accident but I am finding lots of things I can do with just my upperbody and arms.  Pull-ups anyone???  
  • my lists.  As i have read over the lists I created last week I am finding myself relax today.  I am in a good place with most everything!!!  

One thing I really like about myself is my fingernails. They are very strong and grow in pretty shapes.  (and this is a reminder to take care of them before surgery!!!  no polish, doctors orders, and trimmed short)

• Like 4

I'm grateful for sunshine and above freezing temperatures!  After weeks of sub-zero temps, today feels downright beautiful.  So I'm heading out to BBQ shortly.  :)

When I use a probiotic I use Coco Kefir, I believe it's simply fermented coconut and coconut water.  Coco Kefir. We get it at the local food coop.

Oh my.  Do want.

• Like 1