• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra’s Secret Identity is Barbara Gordon (for the next two of months!)

Awesome news! Glad the recovery is going so well, you sound really enthusiastic about the next weeks and the progress you'll make :) Keep on rocking it!

• Like 1

Ha - I completely missed that it was the end of the challenge.  I finished it pretty well.  I set my crutches down yesterday evening and I haven't picked them back up.  I don't think I will pick them up again.  

I'm still pondering the next challenge theme...  I'm kind of leaning towards an Avengers character.  I'm thinking Scarlet Witch based only on the movie version of her character.  In the last movie it was a new beginning for her with out her twin and she really didn't know what she was capable of doing...  She must be growing, eh? Its something to think about...

• Like 6

Wow, you're making huge progress. I hope you'll feel more and more comfortable without the crutches :)

Can't help on the challenge theme front, I'm really not that familiar with all these super heroes.

8 hours ago, Terra said:

Ha - I completely missed that it was the end of the challenge.  I finished it pretty well.  I set my crutches down yesterday evening and I haven't picked them back up.  I don't think I will pick them up again.  

Awesome!!!  Walking is a bit awkward at first, but it helps so much with the recovery.  

For themes, rather than focusing on a growth or recovery thing, you could focus on upper body training.  Yeah, you're still going to have to do all of the physical therapy, but it can be a bit discouraging to have your life revolve around rebuilding the knee to where it was before.  I found it much more uplifting to focus on the upper body and feel like I was going to end my knee rehab by also having a really strong upper body.  So, one option would be to go with a superhero who is extremely strong, and then come up with an upper body and core routine.  

• Like 1

Awesome!!!  Walking is a bit awkward at first, but it helps so much with the recovery.  

For themes, rather than focusing on a growth or recovery thing, you could focus on upper body training.  Yeah, you're still going to have to do all of the physical therapy, but it can be a bit discouraging to have your life revolve around rebuilding the knee to where it was before.  I found it much more uplifting to focus on the upper body and feel like I was going to end my knee rehab by also having a really strong upper body.  So, one option would be to go with a superhero who is extremely strong, and then come up with an upper body and core routine.  

Such a good point!! I'm actually worried about having the time and energy to do much more once I get back to work next week... She-Hulk could be fun too!

• Like 1

Your recovery speed is totally inspiring! :) I vote for She-Hulk or Wolverine! But Scarlet Witch is also really cool... So many tough decisions!

• Like 1

I'm so glad to read about how well the surgery turned out and of how you are blazing through early post-op days. You are amazing, Terra!

(and the forums are stupid for unsubscribing me from your thread - sorry it took me so long to get back.)

• Like 1