• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The Green Poison. That’s what they’re calling it. No one knows where it came from, who made it, or why. It swept across the city, devouring block after block. Life as we know it broken down, most of the population dead or dying. For those of us left, it’s a fight to survive, to keep from being exposed. Some went at it alone, while others had friends or family left to help scavenge. There’s only one rule: You get sick, you die. You don’t get sick, you live. At least until the Rikers get you. Or you get caught in the burst of a Cleaner’s flame. Sure, there was the JFT, but they were becoming fewer and fewer, losing ground to the more vicious groups. They didn’t have the firepower, or the skill, to hold them off forever. They needed help.

There was a buzz, the smallest of vibrations against delicate skin. A faint glow through fabric. The end of the sleeve was pulled up to reveal a much brighter glow. An orange circle encased in cool black metal. Activation.

"When we were activated, we knew the situation was bad, worse than anyone knew. We are an elite, highly skilled group of embedded agents. They only call us when everything else has failed. We have no rules, we have no limits. Our job is to protect what remains. We are your co-workers. We are your neighbours. We might even be your friends, but when we get the call, we leave everything behind. We are The Division."

569a20e0f32f7.jpg

It was a signal...that the normal lives we led...were gone.

As you may know, I am not the only one doing a Division themed challenge this time around. I probably am the only one doing a Division theme across 6 challenges, though. Yup, you read that right - 6. Is this crazy? Yeah, probably. I can only hope that I don't get sick of it before it's all said and done. If that does happen (or I just really want to do something else), I have a way of combining and shortening my current plans. Easy peasy.

These next two months are going to be quite laid back compared to what I have been doing, at least so far as fitness. On April 4 and May 2 I am going in for surgery to have my ICLs replaced, one at a time. For those unaware, these are permanent contact lenses I had inserted in my eyes last fall to correct my vision. The problem is that the current lenses are not sitting properly, and there’s a chance that this could cause cataracts down the road. With cataracts would also come a loss of some of my vision. To avoid that whole lovely situation, I’m having them replaced now with a smaller set.

What this means for the challenge:

Week 1 - zero activity, except walking. No bending over, no getting water near my face. Driving will be pretty much impossible the first 3-ish days post-op. I will also be away from the boards up to a full week while my pupil contracts back to normal. Screens are not so much fun to use during the first week due to lingering light sensitivity.

Week 2 through 4 - I will be pretty limited as to what I can do. I won’t be able to lift weights or overexert myself (boo, no crossfit), but I should be good to do bodyweight exercises, some light cardio, and yoga type activities. I will move forward with this plan so long as I get the ‘OK’ from my doctor during my 1 week follow up. Goal #4 will be tentative until that time, and possibly adjusted.

227064-Tom_Clancys-Tom_Clancys_The_Divis

Over the course of these 4 weeks, I will be racking up experience points; these will help me level up in anticipation of the next challenge. As with all games, I will be starting at level 1. Each goal has it’s own rules and point system.

At the end of each week, I will also have the chance to collect various item drops (supplies, ammo, etc.) - a tally of these will be kept in this spreadsheet for future use.

I may or may not update/adjust this system as I go. Depends on how it all ends up working out.

Here is the current Leveling system:

Lvl 2       50 EXP
Lvl 3       70 EXP
Lvl 4       90 EXP
  Lvl 5       110 EXP

tc-the-division-agent-origins-mini-serie

You guys should check out The Division: Origins videos

Mission 1: Sleeper Agent
Hack my sleep   | CON 3 | WIS 3 |                                                                                            

Complete at least 5 days per week (Sun - Thurs)

I will be following the short-term recovery tips/advice I found in this Lifehacker article.

EXP (per night)

Wk 1 - No caffeine after 5pm                                                                                                    Week 1 = 2 pts
Wk 2 - No alcohol less than 2hrs before bed (plus all above)                                                  Week 2 = 3 pts
Wk 3 - Minimize/eliminate screen use 30 min prior to bedtime (plus all above)                       Week 3 = 4 pts
Wk 4 - Adjust body temp, AKA: hot/cold showers (plus all above)                                           Week 4 = 5 pts

Other:

Go to bed 15min earlier each week until I find the best time for me to go to bed and be well rested. Week 1 will start at 11:30pm.

507094697.jpg

Mission 2: Consumables

Hack my diet   | CON 2 | CHA 2 |

More Veggies/plant life (1 meal per day)                                                     EXP
More Protein (100-116g/day)                                                                        - 2pt per category (protein, veggies, water) per day. 6pt per day combined total.
More Water (>60oz/day)                                                                               - Can gain 1 extra EXP point per day when I eat veggies at a more than one meal.

- EXP points determine drop chance

Special Drops:                                                                                             Drop Chance:              
Canned food (veggies) - increases healing effect                                        6 pts - 20% chance 
Energy Bar (protein) - instantly removes negative status effects                 8 pts - 40% chance
Water (water) - increases damage dealt to elite enemies                           10 pts - 60% chance
Soda (water) - reduces cool down on skills                                                 12 pts - 80% chance

14 pts - 100% chance

50/50 chance of getting water or soda when collecting a Water drop.

39_copy_1452966172.jpg

Goal 3: Encounters
Walk for at least 30 min   | DEX 2 | STA 1 |

Week 1 - 3x walking                                                                  EXP
Week 2 - 4x walking                                                                  5pts per walk completed
Week 3 - 5x walking
Week 4 - 5x walking

Special Bullet Drop (random):
Explosive Bullets
Incendiary Bullets

Drop Chance:

Wk 1:                                                                                     Wk 3 & 4:
5 pts - 30% chance                                                               5 pts - 20% chance
10 pts - 70% chance                                                             10 pts - 40% chance
15 pts - 100% chance                                                           15 pts - 60% chance

20 pts - 80% chance

Wk 2:                                                                                     25 pts - 100% chance
5 pts - 25% chance
10 pts - 50% chance
15 pts - 75% chance
20 pts - 100% chance

Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_115097.jpg

Goal 4: Skills
Follow exercise plan   | STR 1 | STA 1 |

TENTATIVE UNTIL CHECKED WITH DOCTOR

Week 1 - OFF due to surgery                                                                 EXP
Week 2 - minimal to no activity (check with Dr.)                                     5pts per workout
Week 3 - 4x exercise
Week 4 - 4x exercise

Grenade drop (random):                                                                        Drop Chance:
EMP                                                                                                       5 pts - 25% chance
Flashbang                                                                                             10 pts - 50% chance
Fragmentation                                                                                       15 pts - 75% chance
Incendiary                                                                                              20 pts - 100% chance
Shock                                                                                                    
Tear Gas                                                                                               

• Like 6

Just now, Terra said:

I'm intrigued....  (obviously I don't get the reference!)  

Haha, no worries. All will be revealed soon enough (though I'm not the only one using this particular theme).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I wonder if the new avatar has aaaaaaannnnything to do with the myster of your challenge?

Obviously they're not connected at all....

• Like 3

I see ZERO connections between the new avatar what this theme could be? Halo? Noooo..that's not it? Eclipse? Noooo....I don't see you as a Twilighter....Hmmm, I'm lost. I have no idea what you're gonna do this challenge-but I'm intrigued as well :P

56784c5484c3d.jpg

-LOOOOOVE this pic. It makes me think of my future fireteam ;)

Wolf

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

I see ZERO connections between the new avatar what this theme could be? Halo? Noooo..that's not it? Eclipse? Noooo....I don't see you as a Twilighter....Hmmm, I'm lost. I have no idea what you're gonna do this challenge-but I'm intrigued as well :P

56784c5484c3d.jpg

Wolf

Bahaha! Gee, Wolfie, and clearly that image has nothing to do with it either.

On second look, the Halo Spartan bird logo is actually pretty similar...

spartans-square-542x542-c942187f77904f80

• Like 2

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wait, what? How did you figure that out? 

I have my best Shadowrunners gathering info on that symbol ;)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I have my best Shadowrunners gathering info on that symbol ;)

Ah I didn't realize how reliable your sources were.  I assumed it was just speculation.  I can relax now.

• Like 2

On 29/3/2016 at 10:03 PM, RuthixCube said:

The Green Poison. That’s what they’re calling it. No one knows where it came from, who made it, or why.

IT'S KRYPTONITE!

• Like 3

On 3/30/2016 at 6:47 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm guessing The Division

Way to be so blatant, D_R ;)

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

IT'S KRYPTONITE!

Actually...not a bad assumption.

27 minutes ago, RuthixCube said:

mqdefault.jpg

Goals and all else are up!!

LMAO!! The Origin stories are awesome. Those two "girly-men" cracked me up. When she asked them to give her her bag, they give her her purse...LMAO! My favorite is the firefighter :)

Kickass goals, Ruthie!! I'm excited your taking a step into making this theme work for the next 6 challenges! It's gonna be awesome to see you become the most kickass Division agent EVER! Once those eyes heal, there's nothing stopping you.

t_56748fd930ffb.png

Wolf

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

LMAO!! The Origin stories are awesome. Those two "girly-men" cracked me up. When she asked them to give her her bag, they give her her purse...LMAO! My favorite is the firefighter :)

Kickass goals, Ruthie!! I'm excited your taking a step into making this theme work for the next 6 challenges! It's gonna be awesome to see you become the most kickass Division agent EVER! Once those eyes heal, there's nothing stopping you.

Wolf

They're so good, I just saw them the other day for the first time. I love that scene so much. She just looks at them like "seriously...?" The fire fighter short was also super well done with the Cleaners, and I enjoyed the encounter scene with the skills. Hell, I loved all of them.

Thank you! I'm pretty excited, and some goals will stay consistent through at least the next challenge. I'm even looking at getting a Ruck and boots for a later challenge so I can go full on Division Agent.

• Like 3