• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

- I finally paid off my credit card! Well, okay, I have $9 left on it, but that will be gone by the weekend. I've been wrestling with this debt demon for years now, and it's finally gone. Now comes the challenge of not wracking it up again.

- Car shopping is....annoying haha. I have a general idea of what I'm looking for (manual; sporty-ish; smaller in size; under 50k miles; 2010 or newer, etc), but finding options within those parameters has been somewhat of a challenge. I'm looking at the Fiat Abarth (which I can definitely find in my price range), but have yet to test drive one, and I liked the Hyundai Veloster Turbo I test drove over the weekend. The Veloster Turbo's are a little hard to find within my range, but I have found one or two. I need to make a decision this weekend, though, because I'll only have the rental until next Wednesday. Worst comes to worst, I can borrow Shaun's car for a few days, but papers are going to have to be signed early next week at the latest.

Congrats on the debt monster victory!  I've just broken a new milestone myself and the whole situation is looking far more manageable than it did a year ago.

Please please please get one of those Velosters!  When I picked up my Elantra GT there was a Veloster Rally edition sitting in the dealership that I almost blew everything on, but at $37k it would have defeated the purpose of trading my truck in on a commuter car.  ;)

15_0262.jpg

Level 3 Agent: 70 EXP needed

Level up? ACTIVATED

EXP left over? 10

Really great to see your gamification protocols are still on point.  Keep up the excellent work, Agent Ruthie!

Also I just had to share my new patch for the Rucker with you because I know it'll be appreciated here.  ;)

?token=309-113&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media

• Like 2

Congrats on the debt monster victory!  I've just broken a new milestone myself and the whole situation is looking far more manageable than it did a year ago.

Please please please get one of those Velosters!  When I picked up my Elantra GT there was a Veloster Rally edition sitting in the dealership that I almost blew everything on, but at $37k it would have defeated the purpose of trading my truck in on a commuter car.  ;)

15_0262.jpg

Really great to see your gamification protocols are still on point.  Keep up the excellent work, Agent Ruthie!

Also I just had to share my new patch for the Rucker with you because I know it'll be appreciated here.  ;)

?token=309-113&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media

Yes, the debt monster is gone, but unfortunately not for long. Now I'm going to have an even bigger monster looming over me in the form of a car payment....I'm not looking forward to a few years of paying that off. That's great, Rurik! I'm glad things are more manageable :)

Dude, I want one, but I also want like 3 other cars haha. The Hyundai dealership I was at last weekend actually offered me a new Veloster Turbo for $19,250 but even that is a few grand above my price range :(  I did drive a manual Elantra GT with some special crazy limited edition package but I did not like the way the shifter felt at all. Waaaay too floaty for my taste - I like having some feeling in it, which the Veloster did have.

I drove an Abarth yesterday, and holy shit that thing sounds ridiculous. If you didn't know any better, you'd think it was a truck with an aftermarket exhaust. This is as close as I can find to how it sounds in person.

That's how it comes from the factory, all straight pipes and no muffler. It was fun to drive, but it may be a bit too small. I do like it, though. could easily get into trouble with that little thing.

I'm going to go drive a Fiesta ST either later today or tomorrow, as well. We found one online last night - 2014, lower miles and in my price range - but it's in Jersey. I have heard so many great things about that car, so I'd have no problem travelling to get one (or any car for that matter). I just need to know how it feels before making the 4.5hr trek. Most are going for $18k+, so we're thinking that the dealership priced it lower because the previous owner wanted the whole Subie Blue/Gold thing and painted the wheels gold. I think it's ugly, but it's a relatively easy fix.

I'm starting to get antsy about the whole situation - on the one hand, I don't want to jump into something and regret it a year from now. On the other hand, I'm freaking out because I only have the rental for another 5 days and I don't want to draw out this process longer than is necessary.

Anyway, moving on from car stuff...

Last night was my first night back at crossfit. I don't know why I was so nervous about going back, but I ended up having to force myself to go. There were no regrets. It felt so good to be back, even if I only have a week and a half left before the next surgery. My legs and glutes are pretty achy today, but I like it :) Is it weird to say that I actually miss being sore most of the time?

Thursday WOD - 'Slob Kabob"

Skill
KB Snatch

Strength
Squat Clean
3-3-3-3-3

WOD
30s work:30s Rest
Complete 4 Rounds at each station then rotate
1. Assault Bike/Row
2. Kettlebell Lunges (1.5,1)
3. KB Snatches (53/35)
4. Toes to Bar

I did not do so well on the snatches, but I also have trouble with 1-armed movements because my upper body is still pretty weak. It's something I have to start focusing on once I'm back for good.

• Like 2

Also I just had to share my new patch for the Rucker with you because I know it'll be appreciated here. 

?token=309-113&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fc6%2Fe0%2F6a%2Fc6e06a99e31044756d0111c2a1d170b9.jpg&pin=498210777509395178

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but that image is not coming through on my phone or computer...do you have a direct link?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Dude, I want one, but I also want like 3 other cars haha. The Hyundai dealership I was at last weekend actually offered me a new Veloster Turbo for $19,250 but even that is a few grand above my price range :(  I did drive a manual Elantra GT with some special crazy limited edition package but I did not like the way the shifter felt at all. Waaaay too floaty for my taste - I like having some feeling in it, which the Veloster did have.

My Elantra GT is a manual, which was its main selling feature for me, and I really enjoy it, but you're right.  It's quite floaty, and ultimately a commuter car.  I drive like I'm Jason Bourne meets Fast & Furious so such an underpowered commuter just kills my hype.  :P  But it suits its purpose and I just keep telling myself that.

If it helps, the Fiesta would 100% be my second choice.  Some days I see them out and about the whole model just screams rally-wagon to me.  ;)

Oh, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but that image is not coming through on my phone or computer...do you have a direct link?

I see that too... weird.  Here:

c6e06a99e31044756d0111c2a1d170b9.jpg

• Like 1

My Elantra GT is a manual, which was its main selling feature for me, and I really enjoy it, but you're right.  It's quite floaty, and ultimately a commuter car.  I drive like I'm Jason Bourne meets Fast & Furious so such an underpowered commuter just kills my hype.  :P  But it suits its purpose and I just keep telling myself that.

If it helps, the Fiesta would 100% be my second choice.  Some days I see them out and about the whole model just screams rally-wagon to me.  ;)

I see that too... weird.  Here:

c6e06a99e31044756d0111c2a1d170b9.jpg

I haven't had a manual since my first car and I miss it so much, it's a shame they aren't as common as they used to be. I haven't been looking at autos at all. Haha I drive like that too! The Cube (dubbed 'Rally Cube' because of my driving style) was not nearly capable enough of what I was trying to get out of it, but I needed a pure commuter car when I bought it. I still have to do a fair amount of commuting, but I want the sporty edge that something like the Veloster or Fiesta can give me. I'm probably going to end up adding a few mods no matter what I get, anyway.

Shaun has given his stamp of approval too, and said he would choose that over any of the other cars we've looked at. I'm still hung up on the Veloster, but it will all come down to what's available once I decided to go for it.

Ah, that's awesome! I've decided to pick up a ruck bag with some of the birthday money I was given, but I am having trouble deciding what to get. I'll probably get something similar once I make a decision.

• Like 1

I still have to do a fair amount of commuting, but I want the sporty edge that something like the Veloster or Fiesta can give me. I'm probably going to end up adding a few mods no matter what I get, anyway.

Know that you'll play around with mods and tuning, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll sink your teeth arse into!  Once upon a day, I had a modded out Volkswagen Jetta TDI diesel that was an absolutely blast to rip around the city in!  I kind of miss those days.  My next vehicle is going to have more 'fun factor' too.

• Like 1

Know that you'll play around with mods and tuning, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll sink your teeth arse into!  Once upon a day, I had a modded out Volkswagen Jetta TDI diesel that was an absolutely blast to rip around the city in!  I kind of miss those days.  My next vehicle is going to have more 'fun factor' too.

I mean, Shaun will probably be doing a lot of it because he actually went to school for automotive tech. I'll definitely be getting my hands dirty and learning throughout what ever we end up doing. I wasn't as hands on with the Cube, but I want to get proficient enough to be able to do at leas the maintenance stuff on my own. I'm also really seriously considering saving up and (one day) going to the O'Neil Rally school in NH. Especially if I get the Fiesta. 

Oh that's awesome! I miss the days of my Golf - it wasn't modded or anything, but that was the last car I truly enjoyed driving around in.

Week 3 Update

-The end of the week was kind of a mess, so I didn't end up getting to CF as much as I wanted to. Instead I substituted with home work outs, and all 4 were completed.

-I'm getting better with sleep habits, but I'm still not quite where I would have liked to be by this point in the challenge. Turns out it's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I've started reading "It Starts with Food" again...and I'm going to finish it this time. I've been reading one chapter (or 2, depending on length) at night before I go to bed instead of having my eyes glued to a screen.

-Last week was a bad week for veggies...and I need to be a little more conscious of my protein. Water has been good though.

-I actually went on 6 walks this week. My mom is out of town, and since my brother was working Sat & Sun night, I had to go over to take care of him. She lives in a great neighbourhood for walking. We called it 'The Maze' growing up because if you're not familiar with that area, it can be easy to get lost even if it seems like it's logically set up. There are a few dead end streets and cut-throughs. Snickers and I went on one walk Sat and two walks Sun.

Total EXP: 101

Canned Food Drop                       20%           no drop
Energy Bar Drop                           40%           no drop
Water/Soda Drop                          60%          drop               +1 soda to inventory
Bullet Drop                                   100%         drop               +1 explosive bullets to inventory
Grenade Drop                              100%         drop               +1 frag grenade to inventory

Level 4 Agent: 90 EXP
Level up? ACTIVATED
EXP left over? 11

Not too shabby if I say so myself.

So far this week I have:

6 Consumable EXP

5 Encounter EXP

Plus I'll be getting 5 Skills EXP for CF tonight (which is going to be so sucky), and whatever other points I end up with after the day is through.

Tonight's WOD - "Insane in the Brain"

Skill
Handstand Push-ups

WOD
Run 800 meters
Then two rounds of:
50 Burpees
40 Pull-ups
30 Pistols
20 Kettlebell swings (1.5,1)
10 Handstand push-ups
Then
Run 800 meters

Level 2 – (1.0, 0.75pd) – 40-30-20-10-5 Reps
Level 1 (0.75, 0.5), 1 Round or 2 Rounds with 1/2 Reps

The running alone makes me want to lock myself in my room and never come out. I don't know why, but running is the only thing that makes me wheeze and feel like I can't breathe. I should probably get checked for Asthma or something. The burpees on top of that....yeah, I'm not sure if I'll survive this one haha. I might say fuck it and split the Burpee reps up into more manageable portions just so I can get through them. When they're all bunched together like that, I struggle to get them all done.

• Like 2

The running alone makes me want to lock myself in my room and never come out. I don't know why, but running is the only thing that makes me wheeze and feel like I can't breathe. I should probably get checked for Asthma or something.

No asthma here and running still buckles me and doubles me over more than any other conditioning activity.  I can move a bar for days, burpee until the cows come home, and climb rope even after a greasy shoulder WOD, but add running anywhere in the equation and I know I'm going into the Pain Cave!  :P

• Like 1

No asthma here and running still buckles me and doubles me over more than any other conditioning activity.  I can move a bar for days, burpee until the cows come home, and climb rope even after a greasy shoulder WOD, but add running anywhere in the equation and I know I'm going into the Pain Cave! 

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Burpees would probably be the next worst thing for me, but they don't have close to the same effect. Give me rowing, box jumps, or lifting any day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:12 PM, WorldSparrow said:
Good job so far. I love how in depth you have your system of record keeping and xp, loot drops, ect. 

Thanks Sparrow! I usually have some form of spreadsheet like this for my challenges, whether it's shared or not. Keeps me on target, and I can see what I need to work more on.

All right, final update will be up today. Unfortunately, my work is having server/network issues so I have no computer access until I get home. I'll be able to update specifics at that time. I've been behind due to surgery and recovery, but all went well and I've already recovered more than I expected. This was probably the best experience of the 4, which is really good after all the issues that happened in April.

Once I have my update done, I will get started working on the challenge for next week. I'm hoping to get some writing in this time, but we'll see just how much time I have for that.

TCTD_news_image_en-US_205306.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

I'm going to keep this brief, which wasn't my original intention. I'd like to spend more time working on this coming challenge, and then come back to this if necessary.

Week 4 wrap up

Total EXP: 110

Canned Food Drop                       60%           no drop
Energy Bar Drop                           60%          drop               +1 energy bar to inventory
Water/Soda Drop                          60%          no drop              
Bullet Drop                                   100%         drop               +1 incendiary bullets to inventory
Grenade Drop                              100%         drop               +1 EMP grenade to inventory

Level 5 Agent: 110 EXP
Level up? ACTIVATED
EXP left over? 0

I just barely passed week 4 and finished up at level 5.

Challenge Wrap up

Here are my total stat points for my signature:

Goal                   Total points       Possible points        
Sleeper Agent          65                         70                        93%   (CON 3, WIS 3)  ->  (2.8 CON, 2.8 WIS)     
Consumables          115                       168                       68%   (CON 2, CHA 2)  ->  (1.3 CON, 1.3 CHA)     
Encounters              90                          85                       106%  (DEX 2, STA 1)  ->  (2 DEX, 1 STA)     
Skills                        50                          40                       125%  (STR 1, STA 1)  ->  (1 STR, 1 STA)     

Next challenge is going to be very similar as far as goals, as I'm back at the beginning of recovery mode again. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather and getting a bit more out and about.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

I've been behind due to surgery and recovery, but all went well and I've already recovered more than I expected.

That is great to hear. Most of us have been laid up at some point do to injury and illness, and there for me there isn't much I dislike more than feeling that helpless. Excellent job being 'activated'. 

• Like 1