Lycansbane Helps Serenity

Lycansbane

Oh No!  The firefly vessel know as Serenity has taken some damage and now Lycansbane must help Captain Reynolds and the crew gimp her back to port.

4.gif?resize=400%2C225

To help the Serenity get back i have to do 3 things.

Food Rationing - Since we're gimping to port we've got to watch what we eat.  I'll use myfitnesspal to watch my calories.  My username there is jonward85 in case anyone wants to check in on me.  I'm bad about logging my evening meals, but i'm going to try and get better.

river_tam__s_food_by_violetmac-d4v839t.p

Basic Repairs - Serenity needs fixed.  To do that i have to learn.  Learning involves studying (you know schematics and what nots).  I'm currently going back to school for my BS in Business - Information Technology Management.  So i must study at least 10 hours per week.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKBs7U7iovLbHMAQoJbvH

Group Participation - the only way Serenity will make it is to work as a team.  So for this piece of my challenge i will be participating in all of the Assassin Guild Challenges.

755181353-tumblr_mtaot0cowz1qcvteuo4_250

I'll make a spreadsheet to keep some of the things straight and i'll put the link to it in here later once it's created.  I'll also update my signature to point to this challenge.

Hope everyone enjoys.  BTW, please feel free to post any firefly memes you want.

• Like 3

Lycansbane (NF CHaracter)

1st | 1st redo | 2nd | 3rd

"Pain is for the living. Only the dead don't feel it." ~ Jim Butcher

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

tumblr_mbor8qqjMw1qzw0zeo2_250.gif

I am here for this. I love Firefly....

Also, I too suck at recording my evening meals into MFP. I'm literally setting an alarm clock reminder on my phone this challenge to try and get better at this.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Thanks Trewest.  I've thought about something similar.  I've got spring break for the first part of this challenge so the first 4 days or so of the challenge i won't be able to log anything (No cellphone and no access to computers when your staying in the woods in a cabin).  I'll do my best to make up for it when i get back though.

• Like 1

"They live lives that don't matter, that touch no one and change nothing. For better or worse, you and I stared evil in the eye and didn't flinch. We raised our swords and went to war, and even if we didn't win we kicked some ass along the way. We made a difference, and that's all any man can ask." ~ Simon Green

Ok.  I'm back from vacation and trying to catch up on my challenge.  Headed over to the Assassin forums now to see what's going on.  Glad to be back.  Had lots of fun hiking maybe i'll post a picture or two of our adventure.  Until then:

stay-shiny1.jpg

• Like 1

Week 1 Update:

Food Rationing - While i didn't log into MFP (not having a phone or the internet will do that) i believe i did a good job of rationing food.  My weight this morning was the same as when we left for vacation with family so i'll put that in the win column.  Now that i'm back to a normal routine and have returned to civilization i'm back to logging into MFP at least daily and trying to log what i eat.

Basic Repairs - On this front i did really good.  I finished my first of two papers.  All it needs it just some proof reading and touch-ups and it will be ready for submission.  This week i will be working on completing the second of my two papers.  This one is longer but should be easier once i get started.

Group Participation - By the time family left and i got logged back into the forums i had a chance to participate only slightly.  I'll count it as a partial victory seeing as how i had 1 day.  This week i plan on doing more for the Assassin challenge.  I think i'm going to be a summoner this week and try the focused meditation.  I'll see how that goes.

Side note, i've attached a picture of part of one of the trails we hiked.  We were hiking along the creek and this was just down stream across the creek from us.  Maybe later this summer when the water isn't 40 deg F we'll cross and get a better look.

smallcave.jpg

Week 2 update:

Food Rationing - I did a lot better about watching what i ate.  I did have family in town and a big birthday party for my oldest daughter over the weekend.  All things considered i'm at or below my week starting weight so i'll really put that in the win column.  I didn't log everything but i'm working on that.  Sometimes things aren't too easy to log.  I need to toughen up on that.

Basic Repairs - Week 1 i did really well but week 2 i did really bad.  Basically no study time.  Between work, yard work and party prep my whole weekly schedule was shot.  I've got almost 2 hours set aside for tonight so i'm hoping to get back on track during week 3.

Group Participation - I did better this week for the challenges but i didn't get everything entered into the spreadsheet.  I participated on 3 different days so i helped bring down the bad guys again.  This week i'll try and continue to improve my involvement.

• Like 1

Week 3 update:  (i realize i'm late)

Food Rationing - I did good.  Weight stayed about the same but i'm more contentious of what i'm eating 

Basic Repairs - Amazing job here.  I finished my second paper and completed my class!

Group Participation - Participation this time was mediocre at best.  I'm still working at improving in these challenges.

• Like 1

Week 4 update:  

Food Rationing - I did good.  I had to go out several times this week to eat with friends and family (as my birthday was tuesday) but i'm still going well.

Basic Repairs - Fell off this week.  I did do a little work but not as much as i should have.  I did complete my pretest and if my mentor is ok then i'll move on to the final next week.  woot woot.

Group Participation - Failed this week.  Too busy at work which is when i normally do the challenges and really just didn't bunker down while i was at home.

• Like 1