ffxremasterreview_a_1920.jpg

Listen to my story. This... may be our last chance.

Valefor (+1 DEX)

2x 20+ minute cardio sessions per week (2 = A, 1 = B )

Give crow pose the old college try 3x per week (3 = A, 2 = B )

Ifrit (+1 STR)

3x StrongLifts sessions per week (3 = A, 2 = B )

Ixion (+1 DEX)

3x happy loose yoga sessions per week (2-3 = A, 1 = B )

Shiva (+1 CON)

Drink 40 oz of water before 5 pm M-F, and 9 pm Sa-Sun (6+ = A, 5 = B )

Curfew of 8 pm Sun-Th (4-5 = A, 3 = B )

Yojimbo (+1 WIS)

Write/edit/brainstorm 5x per week, minimum of 30 minutes, for a total of 3.5 hours (5 = A, 3-4 = B )

The Magus Sisters (+1 WIS)

Study for exam 70-461 3x per week (3 = A, 2 = B )

Bahamut (+1 STA)

Race Trac ban for the length of the challenge, except to get gas, of course.

50 burpees for every article of clothing bought that isn't necessary (with the exception of the hybrid hike/workout shoes I've yet to get) <-- a great idea I stole from an awesome Assassin leader

Anima (+1 STR)

Eat an average of 1600 calories per day over each week and 105g protein. (10% = A, 15% = B )

3 Very Good Food Days per week (3 = A, 2 = B ) Defined on a case by case basis, with food listed as proof. Basically means no random cookies or treats, no excess refined carbs. No soda, diet or otherwise.

The Final Aeon (+1 WIS)

Select and subscribe to an educational blog or podcast, and digest an article/podcast once a week (scoring is 4/4, at least 3 is a B for the challenge)

Send The Unsent (+1 CHA)

Clean things 5x per week (4-5 = A, 3 = B )

Weekly deep clean of one room (at least 3 total is a B )

Something new and different for me! And some different goal organization, because AEONS. Goals subject to change up until April 4.

Starting measurements:

Weight 105.6 lbs <-- creepin up on me a lil

waist: 25.25"

at navel: 27.5"

hips: 34.5"

widest spot: 35.5"

r. thigh: 20.25"

l. thigh: 20.25"

r. calf: 12.5"

l. calf: 12.5"

r. bicep: 10.5"

l. bicep: 10"

chest: 30.5"

bust: 32.25"

• Like 8

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

5 hours ago, Schaengel said:

Following...and with the picture thinking I should give FFX a try again ;D

Yes. Yes, you should. It is the best game ever...and FFVI and FFIV and FFV and FFXII and...

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

5 hours ago, Schaengel said:

Following...and with the picture thinking I should give FFX a try again ;D

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Yes. Yes, you should. It is the best game ever...and FFVI and FFIV and FFV and FFXII and...

Do itttt

I want to replay, but I don't own a PS4 and my PS2 works... questionably. I think 9 is out on steam now though (I hope I'm not making that up) so I might be replaying that soon! FF6 was my fave and I have a very special place in my heart for it--first FF game I played. :)

FFX, I wanted Celestial weapons the first time I played. The only one I had a lot of trouble with was the Chocobo Race for Tidus's weapon. I exchanged Lulu's lightning dodge for that with my ex~

Needless to say, too much trouble to get them on the re-plays.

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I mentioned camp to my boyfriend and pointed him at the site. He seems into it?

So this September it will either be that (if there are tickets left by the time we even decide), a cruise, or a fancy in-town hotel stay for our anniversary.

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Vague, half-assed 0 week update (because I really needed the break)

The only thing I've really kept up well is the lifting (though I did do some yoga monday). My food is terrible, so naturally my gainz are more like not-gainz. 

I stalled on OHP already and my app wants me to deload to the bar, so you'll be seeing 45 lb OHP again next week. (To be fair, I was seeing rep progress, just not all the way to 5 before 3 sessions passed.) And today I found my 1RM on deadlift, because I went up to 125 lbs today and welp (and the bar NEARLY freed itself from my grip on the one rep). The good news is that my squats are still progressing, and I'll be squatting my bodyweight on Monday. So, yay to that!

I'm a little mopey about the deadlift for a dumb reason. If I'd been able to do 5 reps, I wouldn't need to drag around 45 lb plates to make a little platform anymore, lol. Deadlift day is a bigger workout right now just because I'm dragging those things around. I felt kinda doofy doing all that work to only knock out one rep, though.

(On the plus side, when I was putting the bar back on the incline press, I had to clean or curl it to get it up high enough--curled it! Which then ruined my curl sets, but who cares lol)

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

And today I found my 1RM on deadlift, because I went up to 125 lbs today and welp (and the bar NEARLY freed itself from my grip on the one rep).

Are you doing double overhand grip? Try switching to one hand over, one under (most people favor their dominant hand under, I'm the weird one), repeat 125 then increase~ 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

I didn't even have to open it for the Hymn of the Fayth to play in my head. Totally following.

• Like 1

Level 5 Daemon Assassin

Strength - 8.4 | Dexterity  - 6.3 | Stamina  - 7.4 | Constitution  - 7 | Wisdom - 8.5 | Charisma - 7.2

Champion of House Targaryen

Current Challenge

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

"Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove."

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom."
- Terry Pratchett
16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Are you doing double overhand grip? Try switching to one hand over, one under (most people favor their dominant hand under, I'm the weird one), repeat 125 then increase~ 

I was indeed. I will try that next time!

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Just now, ixaera said:

I was indeed. I will try that next time!

If it works, that means your grip strength was a bigger limiter than your overall pull strength. 

• Like 1

On 30.3.2016 at 4:07 PM, ixaera said:

Do itttt

I want to replay, but I don't own a PS4 and my PS2 works... questionably. I think 9 is out on steam now though (I hope I'm not making that up) so I might be replaying that soon! FF6 was my fave and I have a very special place in my heart for it--first FF game I played. :)

FFX, I wanted Celestial weapons the first time I played. The only one I had a lot of trouble with was the Chocobo Race for Tidus's weapon. I exchanged Lulu's lightning dodge for that with my ex~

Needless to say, too much trouble to get them on the re-plays.

I would love to...but I have no time it's not a priority because there are so many more things to do (for example Fallout 4 that I need to get to ;)

I love 9 because it was my first one (even though I did not finish it because I got caught up in all the side quest...the same with 10). I don't like 6 that much I must say.

My ranking would be:

Maybe I will get hyped on the announced release when I get some more info about that...;D

• Like 1

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

1 hour ago, Schaengel said:

My ranking would be:

I couldn't get into 7. I tried, but it just didn't capture me the way others have.

And I checked--FF9 is due out on Steam sometime this year! Yayyy

I'm hoping that means 10 isn't far behind, though if XV is as badass as it looks, I may break down and finally get a PS4 (I'm such a PC gamer at heart though. I actually played FF6 on ZSNES on my computer when I was 16. Mom never let me have a console. I didn't play anything on a console until after I moved out, and it was FF9 of course.)

Was 13 fun? It looks like I bought it on a whim sometime on Steam in the past and forgot about it~ So there it is, all owned and stuff, but is it worth playing?

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

10 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Was 13 fun? It looks like I bought it on a whim sometime on Steam in the past and forgot about it~ So there it is, all owned and stuff, but is it worth playing?

It isn't fun until like chapter 9 when the world opens up and then it's monster hunting world where everything from the pond scum to the adamantoise can kill your butt at first. 'til then it's one big corridor with leveling caps on each chapter that made me grind my teeth. I didn't personally mind the corridor, it was the caps...

"What do you mean, I can't battle enemies to get strong enough to beat [boss name redacted]?"

I wasn't a real big fan of any of the characters, though there was one I sympathized with--YMMV there. I wanted Hope to choke on a brick and die the whole game. It's pretty, I guess it has that going for it. Combat isn't bad, but not my favorite--basically, it's not a Final Fantasy game. If you approach it as a random action RPG, you'll like it okay. Most of the hangups get better by the time the world opens up, except for the shop system never makes sense. See, it's a kiosk and you don't have money to buy things with. You get loot a la FFXII, and you turn that in to get the parts and whatnot to customize your gear or theoretically get new stuff, but getting new takes SO MUCH WORK for any kind of reward and I basically used their original weapons the whole game through and just modded them enough to get by.  

• Like 1

This whole slew of FF challenge themes is going to make me get into the game series isn't it? WHY IS IT SO PRETTY?!?!?!

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

On 4/1/2016 at 6:48 PM, Urgan said:

It isn't fun until like chapter 9 when the world opens up and then it's monster hunting world where everything from the pond scum to the adamantoise can kill your butt at first. 'til then it's one big corridor with leveling caps on each chapter that made me grind my teeth. I didn't personally mind the corridor, it was the caps...

"What do you mean, I can't battle enemies to get strong enough to beat [boss name redacted]?"

I wasn't a real big fan of any of the characters, though there was one I sympathized with--YMMV there. I wanted Hope to choke on a brick and die the whole game. It's pretty, I guess it has that going for it. Combat isn't bad, but not my favorite--basically, it's not a Final Fantasy game. If you approach it as a random action RPG, you'll like it okay. Most of the hangups get better by the time the world opens up, except for the shop system never makes sense. See, it's a kiosk and you don't have money to buy things with. You get loot a la FFXII, and you turn that in to get the parts and whatnot to customize your gear or theoretically get new stuff, but getting new takes SO MUCH WORK for any kind of reward and I basically used their original weapons the whole game through and just modded them enough to get by.  

Hmm, this sounds like a game I will save for a day I am super duper bored, then!~

49 minutes ago, Trewest said:

This whole slew of FF challenge themes is going to make me get into the game series isn't it? WHY IS IT SO PRETTY?!?!?!

DO IT

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

50 minutes ago, Trewest said:

Do the thing. Any of them from FFIV to FFXIII are great examples (Full disclosure: FFIII is okay, but has a brutal beginning up to the first third of the game that is a high bar to clear, FFII is...odd, and FFI will probably bore you with its simplicity). As long as you don't mind turn-based combat you'll have a good time~

• Like 1

tumblr_n7ug6gdueu1qjztgpo1_400.gif

*snap*

Week 1, Day 1

These Sunday starts man... took me by surprise!

Valefor

0/2

0/3

Ifrit

0/3

Shiva

1/7

0/5 oops (I forgot I had a curfew and had a 40 min too late gulp... didn't wake up in the night though!)

Yojimbo

0/5

0/3.5 hours

Magus Sisters

0/3

Bahamut

Pass

Pass

Anima

Intake: 1689 | 79g oops, forgot it was challenge start

0/3

The Final Aeon

0/1

Send the Unsent

1/5

1/1

I also have my starting stats, but I took them this morning instead of yesterday because FORGOT.

The zero week puts my start right around pre-shark week bloat, so that's great.

Though my protein sucked during zero week, my average for the previous six days was right at 1600, and 70g protein (too many cookies). Between this and overeating the last week of last challenge, I've got a little pudge going on now to match my Monday pout.

Spent the whole weekend playing Stardew Valley. It's like Harvest Moon on crack. Cannot. Stop.

MUST. DO. CHALLENGE. THINGS.

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

The zero week puts my start right around pre-shark week bloat, so that's great.

Great because your numbers definitely will be lower at the end of the challenge, bad because you don't have a truly accurate picture. Oh well, aggregate over time will smooth out the anomalies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Do the thing. Any of them from FFIV to FFXIII are great examples (Full disclosure: FFIII is okay, but has a brutal beginning up to the first third of the game that is a high bar to clear, FFII is...odd, and FFI will probably bore you with its simplicity). As long as you don't mind turn-based combat you'll have a good time~

I have a PS3, PS2, a laptop with MEH capabilities. Which FF game should I go for?

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

4 minutes ago, Trewest said:

I have a PS3, PS2, a laptop with MEH capabilities. Which FF game should I go for?

omigosh the pressure! XD j/k

Everyone seems to have a different favorite, but with those tools, you can play any. For the old ones, a meh laptop would be more than enough. You could nab a free SNES emulator for FF6 and earlier. I think PS1 emulators are out there, as well, but I had a PS1 by the time I had any PS1 games to play, so I'm not sure. Color me five shades of shocked if there isn't one.

I don't have a great answer. I played FF6 first, and what sealed the deal for me there was the strong story. The graphics are very SNES, of course, so if 2D pixels bother you, that might be a deal-breaker here. I tried 7 & 8 but didn't like them (lots of people DO, so YMMV). 9 I went full completionist on, but it's a lot simpler of a story and the graphics are somewhat cartoony in comparison to other FF games, and there's less character ability customization. (At least in 6 you could throw Espers on people eventually.) Quina was one of my favorite characters b/c omg Blue Magic (similar to Gau in 6). 

10 was my 3rd FF, and I went full completionist on it too. (I don't really get that way with games these days, because Real Life takes up too much time and I want to see the story!) Some folks don't like the main character and think he's too dudebro to enjoy. I think he's just fine and Yuna is just The Best Ever. The combat is even more turn-based in this game, so if you like a lot of time to strategize, this is for you. I love the sphere system too, and there's nothing more delightful than respeccing Yuna with tons of strength and having her lightly tap an enormous beast for 9999 damage <3 The sequel is... not real FF IMO. It feels off from the original, but does have a solid story continuation that doesn't suck. The job system is WEIRD.

11 is an MMO, and so is 14. Both wonderful, but 11 is REALLY clunky. (I may have gone full completionist on 11 too... I was up til 5 am a lot of nights doing exp parties and gil farming and leveling subjobs and soloing hard stuff to cap my evasion.)

Never played 12 or 13. This will eventually change...

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

21 minutes ago, Trewest said:

You can get them all in physical or digital form (7, 8, 9, and 10 are available via PSN)...or you could emulate. Everything up to FFVI emulates easily. YMMV on the rest. Everything Ixaera said, but I liked 7 a lot, 8 was kinda wacky but fun nonetheless. 12 is different than all the others, it's MMO-esque in battle system, you control your allies directly if you shift to their POV or by the gambit system, which is a simple prioritized decision tree type thing. The first action on the list is the one the AI will prioritize, down to the bottom, which is kind of a default position. Really engaging system and you get waded into it really well. 

• Like 1

.......huh.

I to this day love Legend of Zelda, Links Awakening. So SNES graphics are fine with me.

I think I played a bit of FF X-2 with one of my friends because she likes the stories and I can grind quest with the best of them. But as you said it wasn't 'really' FF gaming.

Not sure how I'll handle turn based fighting, guess I'll figure it out. Played a game that used them a bit called Shadow Hearts, so I'll probably adapt well enough.

I love a game with good story, so I think I might just have to aim do FF6 and give it a go :P

• Like 2