• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ladylydia

Ladylydia Sets a Pace

How do you like the job so far?

I like it very much. I haven't done much lawyer stuff yet, but i like the office and the people. And best of all, I'm already getting paid; I really like that.

I'm having to make job adjustments my own self. It's a challenge in and of itself to make that transition. It's a necessary one, though. You don't want the job - what is supposed to enable your life - to derail your life or to otherwise consume it.

The hardest part is trying to fit in anything around the commute.  Without it I would have plenty of time.  In a few months I'll move to the area where I'm working, It won't be difficult to get the workouts then.  There's even a gym right around the corner from my office, that I'm thinking about joining, once I've built up my savings a bit. So i know this period isn't forever, it's just an annoyance right now.

• Like 2

Missed a couple days of updates, there wasn't must to to update anyway.  Work has been running late because of clients coming in at the last minute and then not leaving. And then I've been shopping a lot because my boss wants to send me to court ASAP and only have two business outfits.  All together, I've been getting home to late to walk, and have largely been too tired to do any workouts.  

Today i was absolutely determined to get at least a short walk in this evening. Managed a mile before the sun went down.    Someone brought candy to the office as a gift, it was a little hard to ignore, so carbs were up.  Water has been up all week, and sometimes at goal. I didn't do the PL, but i did manage a bunch of leg lifts, so there's that.

walk- 1 mile, run-no, PL- no, workout- not really, carbs-8, water-6.

• Like 1

You deserve a little shopping after all your hard work! And I'm happy you will be getting itno court soon.

Do your best to get in whatever regular exercise you can. Not so much for the fitness aspects, although those are great. Because it's a way of carving out a little bit of time for yourself. It's so important to the psyche. You deserve a little time for yourself.

• Like 1

Ah, finally, a proper walk.  Got in three miles today, carbs and water both on point. Workout still needs a little work, but i feel much better today.  And the best part, i got enough sleep. :)

• Like 1

Week 1:                                        Week 2:                                           Week 3:                                       Week 4:

Cardio:

Miles               4/12                                              5/12                                                  2/12                                             0/12

Running            No                                                 No                                                     Y/N                                               Y/N

Strength/Endurance

BW workouts      0/2                                                0/2                                                     0/2                                               0/2

PL                    0/2                                                0/2                                                     0/3                                               0/3

Water                    4/7                                                 4/7                                                    3/7                                               0/7

Low carbs             4/7                                                 4/7                                                    3/7                                                0/7

Sleep                     1/7                                                2/7                                                    1/7                                                0/7

I haven't updated all week. have I; finding time is a tad difficult. Because of my commute, I leave for work at 7 am. and don't get back until somewhere between 6:30-7 pm. Then there's the rush around to help my mom gt dinner prepared, or prepare something  for myself if I'm eating separately.  And then i have to attempt to go to bed early enough to still be functional the next day, so getting in a workout, much less updating, has been difficult lately.  On top of all that i have to figure out something that won't aggravate my tendinitis........oh right, i haven't talked about that.  I've had a tendinitis flare up for the past two weeks, so hand stuff and most floor work, is out.  Food and water have been pretty good lately. I need to  figure out scheduling better. 

• Like 1

two miles today.  low water thus far, but only two carbs.(!!!)  My hand was getting better, but it got warm enough today that i had to take my wrap off; i thin that may have short circuited recovery a bit. I've noticed I'm fine with a farmer's carry and my hand seems to be strong enough when the fist is closed, so I think for the last week i am going to try pushups from the knuckles and see if i can still workout that way. 

• Like 1

Ok recap for week 3---not awesome, but not totally awful

Week 1:                                        Week 2:                                           Week 3:                                       Week 4:

Cardio:

Miles               4/12                                              5/12                                                  5/12                                             0/12

Running            No                                                 No                                                     No                                               Y/N

Strength/Endurance

BW workouts      0/2                                                0/2                                                     0/2                                               0/2

PL                    0/2                                                0/2                                                     0/3                                               0/3

Water                    4/7                                                 4/7                                                    5/7                                               0/7

Low carbs             4/7                                                 4/7                                                    5/7                                                0/7

Sleep                     1/7                                                2/7                                                    2/7                                                0/7

i'm wondering if i should just give up on the strength and endurance goal unti my wrist has healed up.  There is other stuff i could do i guess, but it never feels sufficient. 

My stock response to problems like this: "you can always punish the core..." ...my arms and legs get tired and have various problems but somehow I can always make myself do more core exercises :-)

The commute is really hard. I would say just do what you can, and maybe try to get in longer workouts on the weekend.

• Like 1

Getting sworn in tomorrow.   Technically got sworn in a week ago, but this is the big pretty ceremony where i get the physical license. :).

oh and 50 squats, 50 side leg lifts yesterday.  i"m getting tired of sitting all the time.

• Like 2

I walked/ran up and down so many stairs, and all around the state capitol because i couldn't figure out where anything was; and i did it all in four inch heels.  I normally wouldn't count that as my walk because even with the back tracking, it wasn't a super long distance. But as i couldn't feel my quads for a while, and my calves are pretty sore, I'm going to count it today. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Getting sworn in tomorrow.   Technically got sworn in a week ago, but this is the big pretty ceremony where i get the physical license. :).

Exciting! Enjoy the milestone. I suggest you do something to celebrate, even if it's something small.

• Like 1

Wrap UP!

So, as far as workouts went; this challenge was a bust.  As far as diet went, this challenge was pretty good.  As far as life goals goes, this challenge was fantastic.

I'm not going to bother to count up scores. This is a learn from your mistakes and move on moment.  This challenge was a beta test, and now I know more.

1. I learned that I only have a few short hours after work every day to get household chores completed and take care of myself (ie. cooking, workouts, hygiene, etc).  I can't fit in long walks and full body workouts. For the next challenge I will have resistance days, cardio days, and walking days, but i will not try to do multiple things on one day.  

2. Because, my days are so long, down time begins once I'm home.  Any workout I plan to do must either be done as soon as a i get home, or before, or it won't happen.  Therefore, I'm joining a gym this month.  It may not be until later in the month, but I can afford it now, so it will happen.

3. It is way easier to eat my own way, instead of what the family is eating, when I'm on an altered schedule. But i must stay on top of my meal prep if i want something healthy, cheaper and efficient.

4. I am prone to injury and i must care for myself properly instead waiting it out and creating further injury.

5. i need much more sleep.

• Like 2

So, I''m already following a new challenge in my head.  Though I haven't yet written up my new thread.  I'm so happy to report, I did cardio of sorts.  Oh, today a new life i have lead.    

10 min. interval cardio

2 min.: side leg lifts- 20 each, rear leg lifts- 10 each, squats-5,

30 second monkey squats

2 min. side leg lifts-10 each, rear leg lifts-20 each, squats-10

30 sec. monkey squats

2 min. squats-25, side leg lifts-10 each

30 sec. chain punches

2 min. side cruches-20 each side

30 sec. boat crunch

• Like 2