• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

-Key-

Z's first Rangering

It's my first month, so I'm going to keep it simple and set myself up for success. Which isn't to say I'm not going to challenge myself. This will be tough, especially with finals coming up. But I can do this!

Starting with my Master Quest, because it guides all of my other quests. Okay, deep breath:

Master Quest: Lose 87lbs

Okay, that was terrifying to type, but it's out there. 

And now for the challenges that will get me there.

Food Challenge

• Eating a vegetable with one meal every day
  • Track all of my food. ALL of it. Accountability is KEY

Fitness Challenge

I recently joined a workout facility that offers classes as well as free weights and a pool. I've created a weekly workout guide, but for the challenge, I'm going to focus on my main goal:

• Complete a month of StrongLifts 5x5
  • Swim 2x/week

Level Up Your Life

I started a meditation class last week, so I want my goal here to be keeping a consistant practice.

• 5 minutes of meditation daily
  • Check in to NF daily to post my progress - accountability again!

READY

tumblr_nfwqylqAv11sns9vwo1_1280.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to the Rangers. I've always intended to do Stronglifts, but just haven't got my gym membership sorted yet.

Looking forward to seeing your gainz!

"On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

• Like 1

I'm doing Stronglifts as well! I'm excited to see how it goes for you. Have you started this off at all yet?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Raxie said:

I'm doing Stronglifts as well! I'm excited to see how it goes for you. Have you started this off at all yet?

Me too! I started it a couple of weeks ago, and then my boss went on vaca and I had a couple of weeks of working a ton of OT and not getting to the gym. So I'm going to reset the app and just start over.

How is it going for you?

Tonight was my second meditation class and I really enjoyed it, even if I fell asleep three different times.

tumblr_m83uh8VRu71rys4czo1_250.gif

My meditation class goal is to meditation for 20 minutes daily, so I'm going to change my challenge from 5 minutes to 20 minutes.

No gym with meditation class tonight, but I tracked all of my food. I always seem to track well except for dinner, but I got every crumb today. :D

i-got-this.gif

Starting tomorrow, I have an 8-hour seminar for the next four Thursdays. The topic is going to be interesting but I am really, really not looking forward to sitting for so long. I'm going to be looking forward to the gym at the end. I have 30 minutes of swim practice (still trying to learn to breathe to my left) and pilates planned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zirakzigil said:

Tonight was my second meditation class and I really enjoyed it, even if I fell asleep three different times.

tumblr_m83uh8VRu71rys4czo1_250.gif

:lol: ... I tend to have this problem, too.

Your goals look great. Following along, looking forward to hearing more about stronglifts.

Hooray!! First challenges are awesome! :D

My (second-kindof-respawn-ish) first challenge was just last month and I started out thinking my goals were way too small and then life hit me in the face. It is super frickin' hard to build new habits and tear down old bad ones. More power to you, man!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I totally have problems falling asleep during meditation sometimes.  It's part of learning the balance your brain needs to find.  Don't feel bad about it!

• Like 2

Getting pretty excited to start my first 4-week challenge tomorrow. Grocery shopping is done, I just need to finalize my food schedule. I think having a firm schedule is going to be my best bet. I'm also going to plan out my workouts for the week when I get home. My goal is to start StrongLifts 5x5, get in 2 swims, and re-start Zombies!Run this week. I have a Fitbit that helps me keep track of my activity. Plus, I have a desk job so it's helpful for reminding me to get up and move throughout the day. 

I feel like I'm forgetting something...

On 4/1/2016 at 9:27 PM, connally7 said:

Hooray!! First challenges are awesome! :D

My (second-kindof-respawn-ish) first challenge was just last month and I started out thinking my goals were way too small and then life hit me in the face. It is super frickin' hard to build new habits and tear down old bad ones. More power to you, man!

giphy.gif

I'm glad you mentioned this because I was thinking my goals were too easy, too. At the same time, I know they're going to be tough for me. I've been struggling with pretty much all of it for a long time. Checking in here will give me accountability that I haven't had before.

Good luck on your respawn! 

On 4/1/2016 at 9:15 AM, Raxie said:

I totally have problems falling asleep during meditation sometimes.  It's part of learning the balance your brain needs to find.  Don't feel bad about it!

The class instructor said that we should close our eyes and then open them just slightly, to prevent falling asleep. When I try to do this, I end up focusing on the challenge of keeping my eyes barely open and I'm completely distracted. It's just going to take practice!

• Like 1

Sometimes soft focus on a point a few feet away is useful.

For the vegetables, I think having a schedule is helpful. For me it always helps if the prep is done before I get home from work (night before or that morning). I'm sometimes too hungry and tired to deal with it.

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Sometimes soft focus on a point a few feet away is useful.

For the vegetables, I think having a schedule is helpful. For me it always helps if the prep is done before I get home from work (night before or that morning). I'm sometimes too hungry and tired to deal with it.

I agree. A couple of weeks ago, I started prepping my food on Sundays. This is great also since, when I work out, I've been out for about 13 hours and I just want to sit and relax and grab dinner.

• Like 1

Slow and steady, except for some very special individuals (me 100% NOT being one of them) is the only way to win the race sometimes.  You're totally doing the right thing here, building solid habits, small steps a time.  Great job!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raxie said:

Slow and steady, except for some very special individuals (me 100% NOT being one of them) is the only way to win the race sometimes.  You're totally doing the right thing her, building solid habits, small steps a time.  Great job!

Completely agree with Raxie!

Building small sustainable habits that you can build on goes a long way in the end! Awesome job so far :D

• Like 2

First challenge, days one and two, done and dusted.

giphy.gif

My job has me a bit all over the place. I do training and project management for a large university, which means that no two days are ever alike. It keeps me on my toes, which I love, but it also means that it's really difficult to build time-related habits, because I can't set a regular food schedule, etc. Yesterday was the kind of day that had me all over the place. I did great with all of my goals except drinking water cause I kept forgetting to bring my bottle with me. I also didn't get in a fruit because of the time thing, but I had a big salad for lunch, which brings some balance there.

Food goals: My plan was to have fruit as snacks, but that didn't happen yesterday or today due to time. However, I made an effort and had extra portions of veggies at meals. I even worked four different veggies into my dinner omelet. And I've logged all my food.

giphy.gif

Exercise goals: Yesterday was a rest day because I had school. Tonight i was on the track for 2.5 miles and then did a pilates class. So far, so good. Tomorrow I start StrongLifts 5x5 and I'm pretty excited.

I set up some write-on-wipe-off cling sheets throughout my place. One over the bathroom scale so that i can see my progress (I weigh daily but it's never been an obsession problem with me - I just looooove metrics). I have one in the main hall with my daily tasks. And I have one in my bathroom with my NF goals written on it, and my workout schedule for the week. I feel like they all act as reminders to myself, plus I can see my progress every day. 

• Like 5