Jump to content

AthenaMM Re-ignites


AthenaMM

Recommended Posts

Day 25 - Wednesday, April 27

 

A good and busy day today. I'm not feeling so good right now though, my allergies are acting up a lot. I cleared out a bunch of weeds and grass from around the pool pump today and I'm sure that's my problem.

 

Quest 1: I ran 1.4 miles today. It felt pretty tough the whole time.

 

Quest 2: No bread today.  

 

Quest 3: I have over 14,000 steps right now. It was a very busy day. I don't need any extra for the rest of the week to average 10,000.

 

Life Quest: I tossed 1/4 of a red onion. Since I only bought one of those that counts as .25. That puts me at tossing less than 3.5% so far for the challenge. I had a couple of salads today so I ate several veggies, but not all of anything.

  • Like 3

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post
21 minutes ago, AthenaMM said:

Quest 1: I ran 1.4 miles today. It felt pretty tough the whole time.

I envy your running.  I'm going to start training to do some light running later this year.  Looking forward to it.  I well rounded athlete should be able to run some.  I'm just wanting to jog 6 blocks w/o stopping.  I can't jog 1 block right now.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge 

 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Link to post

You have my sympathy with the allergies of course. Also 1.4miles can feel really tough. But the good thing is if you run regularly it will be easier every try (no garantie on that because there sometimes is the occasional bad day of course...but I'm caught on technicalities here...so)

Yay keep up the good work :D

  • Like 1

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

Link to post
On 4/28/2016 at 8:56 PM, peelout said:

I envy your running.  I'm going to start training to do some light running later this year.  Looking forward to it.  I well rounded athlete should be able to run some.  I'm just wanting to jog 6 blocks w/o stopping.  I can't jog 1 block right now.

I doubt if I'll ever be a runner, but I do want to be able to run a 5K at a decent pace. That seems like enough for me to be able to do whatever I want. 

 

6 hours ago, Schaengel said:

You have my sympathy with the allergies of course. Also 1.4miles can feel really tough. But the good thing is if you run regularly it will be easier every try (no garantie on that because there sometimes is the occasional bad day of course...but I'm caught on technicalities here...so)

Yay keep up the good work :D

I'm hoping I get to the point where it sucks less! :P  I've never been a distance runner. Even when I was a kid I could do really well at sprints but running any distance was not my thing.

  • Like 1

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post

Day 26 - Thursday, April 28

 

A lazier day today, but I needed it.  My allergies are still bugging me and I had some stomach issues late last night. I've finally gotten to the point where I can do the strength workout after only one day of rest.

 

Quest 1: StartBodyweight.com routine, 3 sets with 1:30 minutes of rest between sets. I'd already done the workout when we bought the weight bench so this was the first time I'd used it. It's a little higher than the edge of the tub I'd been using for the incline pike push-ups so those were easier. After the first set I upped them to max reps and I think I'll try the incline diamond pike push-ups next time. 

  • Bulgarian Split Squats 6,6,6
  • Incline Pike Push-ups 6,8,8
  • Forearm Straight Leg Lifts 6,6,6
  • Bent Knee Bench Dips 5,5,5
  • Side Planks 24 seconds on each side

 

Quest 2: I tried a new recipe for dinner and it sucked, so I ended up having a peanut butter sandwich. This is my first variance of the week though.  

 

Quest 3: I have over 11,000 steps right now. 

 

Life Quest: The recipe that sucked used a squash I'd bought and I ended up throwing it out. I kind of feel like that shouldn't count for this since it isn't my fault that the recipe sucked and no one will eat it. Even if I do count it, that still only puts me at 5.5% produce tossed so it doesn't really matter. I also used some bell pepper and onion and cooked part of the broccoli.

  • Like 2

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post
8 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

Life Quest: The recipe that sucked used a squash I'd bought and I ended up throwing it out. I kind of feel like that shouldn't count for this since it isn't my fault that the recipe sucked and no one will eat it. Even if I do count it, that still only puts me at 5.5% produce tossed so it doesn't really matter. I also used some bell pepper and onion and cooked part of the broccoli.

I say don't count it as a loss because you technically used it. You just didn't eat it. What were you trying to make with it?

 

Either way, you're still doing good on the amount of produce that has been tossed. Good on you! :) 

  • Like 1

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6
 

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Link to post

Boooo allergies. They are bothering me too. Yeah, I don't think throwing away food that just didn't turn out good is different than letting it go to waste.

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
On 4/29/2016 at 7:05 AM, lullaby88 said:

I say don't count it as a loss because you technically used it. You just didn't eat it. What were you trying to make with it?

 

Either way, you're still doing good on the amount of produce that has been tossed. Good on you! :) 

Yeah, I'm really proud of how well I've done and I'm going to keep this as a goal, though maybe not part of the challenge. I was trying to make a curry recipe I found online. It was a totally new thing for us, so I'm not sure if it was a bad recipe or we just don't like curry.

 

On 4/29/2016 at 11:47 AM, Elastigirl said:

Boooo allergies. They are bothering me too. Yeah, I don't think throwing away food that just didn't turn out good is different than letting it go to waste.

Allergies are definitely sucky!

  • Like 1

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post

Day 27 - Friday, April 29

 

I was really tired today, but I had too much to do to nap. I think I didn't sleep well because of allergies. I finally got a little better later in the day.

 

Quest 1: 30 minute walk

 

Quest 2: No bread  

 

Quest 3: I finished with 13,369 steps. That's way more than I need. 

 

Life Quest: Didn't throw out any produce. I've cooked the new potatoes and spring onions, but there are leftovers in the fridge. Most of the spinach is gone now.

 

 

Day 28 - Saturday, April 30

 

I was really happy that I was finally going to do the startbodyweight.com workout 3 times this week, but it didn't happen. We had some really bad storms come through in the middle of the night so I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. After two nights of crappy sleep I needed a more relaxing day. I did yoga instead and had a "spa day". It actually made me feel a lot better even though I still didn't nap. I'm going to bed early tonight though so hopefully I can catch up.

 

Quest 1: 30 minute yoga routine. I picked a routine that's tough but still includes a lot of stretching.

 

Quest 2: I had a piece of garlic bread with dinner tonight for my second variance.  

 

Quest 3: I have over 10,000 steps right now. That's more than I needed but I still wanted to get at least 10,000.

 

Life Quest: I didn't throw out any produce. Most of the lettuce and bell pepper are gone now. I used all the cucumber.

  • Like 3

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post

Week 4 Summary

 

Quest 1: I exercised every day and I ran one day. I had one placeholder day this week, but otherwise it was a really good exercise week. I'm really pleased that I can finally do the strength workout on a regular schedule. This is an A for the week.

 

Quest 2: I avoided bread except for my 2 variances, so this is an A.

 

Quest 3: My average at the moment is over 10,900 steps for the week. Definitely an A!

 

Life Quest: Still doing really well with this. This is an A.

 

 

Challenge Summary

 

Quest 1: I exercised every day and ran once a week for the whole challenge. In fact, at this point I have exercised every day for 62 days! This is an A.

 

Quest 2: I avoided bread except for 2 variances every week. This is an A.

 

Quest 3: I averaged 10,000 steps for 3 out of the 4 weeks. The first week I strained a thigh muscle and didn't get as many steps as I needed. This is a B.

 

Life Quest: This went MUCH better than I was expecting and it had some extra benefits. If I don't count the squash that I tossed because the recipe was bad then I only tossed 3.4% of the produce I bought. If I do count the squash, it's 5.6%. Either way this is definitely an A! I'm keeping this goal as either a part of my challenge or just a personal goal because it really helped my eating habits. It also gave me an extra push to cook dinner when I was tempted to have hubby pick up dinner. Obviously I still have produce we haven't eaten that I bought during this challenge and I'll keep up with what I toss as part of my overall goals, but it's finished for this challenge.

  • Like 5

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post

Good job on the challenge, you really snuck up behind this challenge and stabbed it in the heart assassinated this challenge.

  • Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53,54

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
10 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

Challenge Summary

Quest 1: I exercised every day and ran once a week for the whole challenge. In fact, at this point I have exercised every day for 62 days! This is an A.

Quest 2: I avoided bread except for 2 variances every week. This is an A.

Quest 3: I averaged 10,000 steps for 3 out of the 4 weeks. The first week I strained a thigh muscle and didn't get as many steps as I needed. This is a B.

Life Quest: This went MUCH better than I was expecting and it had some extra benefits. If I don't count the squash that I tossed because the recipe was bad then I only tossed 3.4% of the produce I bought. If I do count the squash, it's 5.6%. Either way this is definitely an A! I'm keeping this goal as either a part of my challenge or just a personal goal because it really helped my eating habits. It also gave me an extra push to cook dinner when I was tempted to have hubby pick up dinner. Obviously I still have produce we haven't eaten that I bought during this challenge and I'll keep up with what I toss as part of my overall goals, but it's finished for this challenge.

Quest 3 a B.  I like that even though you had a valid reason to miss  your steps on week 1, you lowered the grade from an A to a B.  Some times an A just isn't possible.

Life Quest.  This was a really interesting way to approach increasing your vegy intake.  One of your extra benefits was that you also probably saved some money by eating in when more often.

Great job!

  • Like 1

Current Challenge 

 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Link to post

Good job on the challenge, you really snuck up behind this challenge and stabbed it in the heart assassinated this challenge.

I love it! Thanks, Tank!

Another great challenge!

 

Thanks!

Quest 3 a B.  I like that even though you had a valid reason to miss  your steps on week 1, you lowered the grade from an A to a B.  Some times an A just isn't possible.

Life Quest.  This was a really interesting way to approach increasing your vegy intake.  One of your extra benefits was that you also probably saved some money by eating in when more often.

Great job!

For that quest in particular (10,000 steps) you either did it or you didn't, so even if I have a good reason the results aren't really up for interpretation.

As for the life quest, I knew it would increase my veggie intake, but the main reason was to stop wasting all that food (and the money). I actually didn't realize it would have such a big effect on my intake. Suddenly I was looking for every opportunity to add vegetables to something. That is the reason I'm going to keep this quest though. And we definitely saved money on eating out!

I think that is an awesome result over all. Especially the no bread thing...that's just so hard (I think) so again...

giphy.gif

Thanks! I've done the no bread thing before so it isn't too bad. I just have to plan the variances carefully.

Great job!  Sounds like you found things that really fit your goals.

Thanks! I do feel like I'm back to making progress.

And as a bonus I lost 3 lbs during the challenge and I'm down another 0.7 lbs today! A lot of that is the veggies but I also started back really tracking everything. I've never been good at measuring myself, but I think I'm going to give it a try again. I can tell a real difference in my triceps and thighs after a month of the StartBodyweight workouts and I think some measurements would be a good motivator.

The internet was out last night so I didn't get on here and I'm doing all of this on my tablet this morning, which is not my favorite way to post. I also don't remember what the plan for the next challenge is and the spreadsheet that I have it planned out on is on my computer. I'd already decided I was taking a couple of days off before I start the next one anyway. I'll still be exercising, getting steps and eating veggies but I'm going to let the tracking slide a little and there will probably be some "non-variance" bread! [emoji6] I'll start everything back up and post the new challenge on Wednesday.

  • Like 2

Battle Log

 

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

 

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Link to post
On 5/1/2016 at 10:25 PM, AthenaMM said:

Yeah, I'm really proud of how well I've done and I'm going to keep this as a goal, though maybe not part of the challenge. I was trying to make a curry recipe I found online. It was a totally new thing for us, so I'm not sure if it was a bad recipe or we just don't like curry.

It could be either. I found a recipe for red Thai curry that uses an acorn squash that is pretty good. My only problem is peeling the squash. >.< it's such a pain!

 

Congrats on your completed challenge! ^_^

  • Like 1

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6
 

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines